Service Care Solutions Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Not very supportive
Business Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Lancashire County council10 August 2017
I was placed at Lancashire County Council and my contract was ended with little notice, got no support whatsoever from my consultant despite promises of a call back, I left messages and sent emails asking for a call but nothing, also the umbrella company paying the wages are borderline useless as couldn't get my wages right and they charge £13 a week for the privilege!
Pros
Cant think of any
Cons
How long have you got!
Payment system is flawed!!
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Norfolk13 July 2017
I've worked for SSC for a few weeks now. I'm having to shell out petrol money as the placement is a 90 mile round trip! I put my expenses in a timely way, plus time sheet yet I'm still not paid! I've received every excuse known to man from my consultant, who never returns my calls! I've paid over £150 in petrol for these people but not a penny back! Avoid like the plague!!!!!!!
Pros
My work placement, however I'm now foodless so I won't be visiting their canteen now!!
Cons
Loads!!!
Good service and care
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Barnsley, South Yorkshire27 June 2017
Always found me work, and always there to sort any issues out or just have a natter! Never any problems with pay, good relationships with local authorities and especially good at finding next contracts for a person with a disabilities that might have otherwise been overlooked.
A total sham
Groundworks Labourer (Former Employee) –  South West25 June 2017
I have worked for them for 3 months and I have not been paid. They make excuses and tell you to chase the payroll providers but you end up getting nowhere. The agents are only worried about their commission and whether you show up or not. Do not work for them if you want to be paid, I've worked for many agencies and these are by far the worst.
Pros
Cons
not being paid, incompetence
Dedicated team
Mental Health Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire16 March 2017
Service Care Solution is a well organised and dedicated place that provides employees with mandatory training and hands on preparation for work. Consultants are informed, well trained and approachable. Recruitment process is long although detailed and comprehensive. Overall good rates of pay, friendly staff and professional approach
Pros
Willingness to pay for training
Cons
Office location
fast-pace. Discharge planning to ensure there isnt a re-admission.
mental health p (Current Employee) –  Suffolk13 February 2017
This position involves working at a fast-pace, problem solving and offering advice with various adult mental-health services. My role is to ensure and support the patients into a comfortable treatment and recovery stages. One-to-one support is often needed for the patients, my calm and collected nature is happy to help in these situations. My time here I have developed upon my skills of observing instances where there is a build-up of tension and my strategies to help defuse these situations have been praised on a number of occasions.
Pros
Developed on my conselling skills, have attended a course to improve on how to appraoch certain situations.
Cons
challenging behaviour.
Fun Team, Encouraging
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Preston6 January 2017
I worked in the Social Team for my placement year and I really felt at apart of the team and a character in the group. People are there to help you develop while enjoying yourself also. Hints of the shady sales atmosphere appeared everynow and then but apart from that it was great.
Pros
Lots of Benefits i.e free lunchs, monthly social nights
Cons
lots of pressure, long hours
Agency
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  norfolk6 January 2017
Very helpful staff most of the time and they managed to give me enough hours to live on for quite some time. I was lucky enough to have a very driven consultant so I got a lot of work.
Pros
good hours and rates of pay
Cons
felt a bit like a number
good experiences with the offenders
community payback supervisor (Former Employee) –  East Midlands20 November 2016
Service care solutions are disorganised and a frustrating company to work for. Beware agents who are not good at there job culminating in not being paid on time.
Pros
Good experiences with offenders
Cons
Service care solutions
Fun week
Army Course (Former Employee) –  Brecon Beacons National Park5 May 2016
I really enjoyed doing this as i made new friend whilst learning new skills. I enjoyed the tasks i had been given as they were challenging and getting my more comfortable with speaking out loud around people i'm not familiar with.
Pros
made new friends
Cons
very early morning

Want to know more about Service Care Solutions?

Ask a question
Friendly staff.
Agency Substance Misuse Worker (Former Employee) –  Preston, ENG30 October 2014
Enjoyed the work I did at various projects and learned new skills.