Serco Employee Reviews

Dangerous and very poor Management
Prison Officer (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire15 November 2017
Management didn’t care way out of their depth. Left on the wing alone for long period of times. Long stressful shifts and they always want more. Cannot run a Prison Service as a profit, Staff safety should be paramount. Staff are corrupt and there is no care.
Pros
50p lunch
Cons
All of it
Finance Manager - Home Affairs division
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Hook,United Kingdom13 November 2017
A typical day involved-

• Management reporting of the monthly, quarterly and yearly results to top management
• Leading the delivery of quality plans, budgets and forecasts.
• Improving forecast accuracy (P&L and Cash Flow) across Home Affairs contracts.
• Analysis across Home Affairs business unit to drive cost efficiencies and revenue generation.
• Co-ordinating internal and external financial audits
Fun place to work
Team Coach - 2013 to Current (Current Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester5 November 2017
Good employer who help you get a good balance between work life and personal life. Enjoyed working for them. They enjoy putting on incentives for staff.
No Comment
Assistant Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  No Comment4 November 2017
I do not wish to make any comments on this company as they are irrelative to my application to another company and therefore not required............
Fairly decent
OPERATIONAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  London3 November 2017
Fairly secure job, salary ok - lack of benefits for staff, staff decent , mangers can be great and supportive (there's just not enough good managers).
Excelletn Service Company
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Wiltshire31 October 2017
Excellent service provider. Supported administration services. Serco are a great company to work for. The SMT are good motivators. The culture onsite is positive.
Fun work place
Swimming Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham30 October 2017
Fun surroundings and great people to work with. No day is the same and the job is very rewarding and teaching children how to swim is invaluable skill.
good
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester25 October 2017
good company to work for would highly recommend them if wasn't being made redundant, great with staff and caring as well, you have to be fast at your job and caring with claiments
Pros
free water
Cons
pay for hot drinks
Challenging work place environment
Operational Support Officer - Custodial Care (Former Employee) –  Plumstead, Greater London24 October 2017
Working in a prison is not for everyone but it is a very self rewarding job to do. I feel proud and privileged to have worked within inside a prison. The work requires patience and is a constant learning curve. The ability of self awareness and reading people's behaviour and conduct is a key gift to successfully working within a custodial environment.
Pros
Discounts on food and clothing from various retail outlets
Cons
High risk of being physically injured or mentally affected
Run you to the ground
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk20 October 2017
Nice people to work with, good pay. Management awful. If you want to be treated like a kid this is the place to go. No flexibility always short staffed. Expect too much for very little.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, hours, short staffed, overworked.
Friendly easy going people to work for
HGV Driver/Trainer and assessor (Current Employee) –  Crayford, Kent19 October 2017
Great people to work alongside, ongoing training and support to be able to progress within the company.
Once out on the road you are pretty much your own boss but with the backup of supervisors back at the depot should any problems arise during the day.
Plenty of overtime available if you want it and free CPC training.
Pros
early start early finish
Cons
wages could be higher
Serco, a great company to work for but not at mod sites
Mechanical Technician (Current Employee) –  Carterton, Oxfordshire16 October 2017
I learnt a lot from working with serco not all things good busy most, they are a great company to work for and they really do look after their employees,
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Low salary
Good company
Receptionist and Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London12 October 2017
Good company overall but a bit detached from its smaller sites. Good job security and opportunities to progress , wages could be better though. Good starter job.
Worse company ever!!!
prisoner custody officer (Former Employee) –  Greenford10 October 2017
worse company EVER!! treat you like dirt no home life management awful put you at risk always short staffed would of put ZERO stars had it let me, AVOID this awful company
Pros
none your just a number
Cons
your long service to them means nothing
.Good
Team Performance Manager (Current Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester27 September 2017
In my current role as Team Performance Manager at Serco, I am responsible for managing customer services teams, with a focus on inspiring performance improvements to encourage the achievement of first time call resolution and customer satisfaction. Throughout my career, my determination and robust sales skills have also seen me motivate the team to generate substantial sales leads and maximise sales opportunities.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  High Wycombe20 September 2017
Serco is a global company with huge opportunities to develop your skills and work experience in many directions. Always happy to help Management. Big opportunity to do work related courses.
Excellent company to work for
Waste Management Operative (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire20 September 2017
Typical day at work consists of collecting hazardous and non-hazardous waste,management very good to work with,and very understanding of job needs.sad there was a change of employers.
Pros
very good management
Cons
Distance of travel to work
no support or backing from Supervisors
Loader (Former Employee) –  Dereham, Norfolk18 September 2017
When i first started working for this company it was a pleasure and a fun place to work. by the time I left there was no support or backing from the supervisor> I would only recommend to work here as a step on to the job ladder and not as long term employment
Pros
Cons
no overtime paid unless its a saturday
great place
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Norfolk17 September 2017
great place to work great place to work great place to work
Always busy, great people to work with, who really care about doing a good job, always trying to go above and beyond
Great Team, Poor Senior Management
Recruitment Team (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands14 September 2017
When I first joined the team at Serco I received good training and management support. I loved the job role and found it very interesting and highly rewarding to receive good feedback from customers and my line manager/s whilst I was there. I always found my efforts and work was very much appreciated by my line managers and the majority of customers. There were also good company benefits and flexible working options to take advantage of.

On the other hand, during my few years there the HR team underwent significant changes. I experienced two redundancy situations which changed the structure and members of the team. Unfortunately, the latest restructuring was not handled in the most professional or courteous manner and with workload already being stretched as it was, there was no clear direction and detailed explanation as to how this would be managed with the staffing cuts. I believe there was too much focus on the potential cost savings than the customer and valued team members they already had. A key factor I also think played a part was that senior management/directors lacked knowledge of the daily duties undertaken by those on the frontline to be able to put this all into perspective when managing the change. I then decided to leave the company.

Overall, the team and line management was good. There were regular team meetings and supervisions with your line manager. You also have opportunities to take on extra responsibilities (although this is not rewarded financially) and there are employee recognition schemes e.g. star of the week, along with flexible working options.
Pros
Company benefits, teamworking, flexible working
Cons
Lack of job security, no career progression, staff engagement surveys not listened to, frequent changes in senior management, no management training from directors, managers not familiar with the day to day duties of the team, teams within HR could work more cohesively