Securitas Employee Reviews

Diverse
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Worthing15 February 2018
Every day will always be different , so you do not become stale with job. Very diverse regarding the work given . So far, management haven't let me down, they've always been quick to respond via email or telephone regarding issues that may be arising.
Pros
Regular work, smart uniforms, decent management.
Cons
No enhancements for working nights. No sick pay.
company driven by results
Manager (Current Employee) –  North Yorkshire14 February 2018
This is a reasonable national company and has pros and cons as they all do.
Also there are some Operations Roles don't offer a good work life balance.
Pros
own diary management
Cons
poor work life balance
The place I worked with Securitas
Mobile Security First Responder (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire11 February 2018
Well, where do I start payment issues, holiday issues, terrible Site manager, terrible work-life balance, terrible area director!!!
The actual company Securitas I have heard in other areas is a good company to work for but Wakefield's head office staff are terrible and lie and cheat you out of money.
Pros
Some good work colleges
Cons
everything
Securitas
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Stratford, Greater London11 February 2018
guarding Sainsburys supermarket at Stratford old shopping center, its not the easy job, look after colleagues, goods and shoplifters in a busy store..
tupe to MItie
Treat you like animals!!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Samlesbury, Lancashire9 February 2018
I have worked at Securitas for 4 months and they haven’t a clue what they are doing. From Comms to mangers to supervisors. They have false adverts talking about “we don’t miss any heroism” what a load of cobblers. AVOID this company as they give you false information and then don’t pay for your fuel and then it’s time to start chasing them. Not worth working for animals like this as they treat you like rubbish !!
Pros
Cons
Securutas
Securitas
Mug (Former Employee) –  Barrow-In-Furness, Cumbria9 February 2018
Where do we start? A shambolic disgrace of a company which falls foul of the very core values it proclaims to uphold. Security officers within BAE barrow are held at ransome with their own wages. Threatened daily by bully management and made to feel inadequate at every opportunity. Furthermore other people have been employed under false pretences, applied and interviewed for one job and placed in another on less pay, then 100% ignored and made to feel troublesome when they complain. All in all securitas try to play in a league where they have no place. It really is shocking and good people are getting emotionally destroyed. Also.....shift pay. Securitas are not only the least paid on site but don't qualify for any shift allowance. What they have offered is an insult.
Pros
It's nice to have three days off.
Cons
Unorganised mess full of fools.
A learing platform of my Career
Security Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London7 February 2018
This was the place where I picked up the entirely different approach and experience of work with new team and new places to travel and learnt some of the most important knowledge for my Security career which helped me to find my way of success.
Pros
Polished my skills
Cons
The only good thing was the pay rate
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire5 February 2018
As in most big security companies in this one as well the management is unprofessional, looking to cover the gaps. They don't care about their staff and that's why they uploading job adverts every week and employing people with no security experience.
Pros
Good pay rate
Cons
Useless manegement
Big company but not great place to work
Security Manager (Former Employee) –  London31 January 2018
Large size company but the Management is not good, the job environment is tense and I did not enjoy my time as Manager in this company and left in couple of years
Scared staff
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Barrow-In-Furness, Cumbria31 January 2018
Staff fearful of making mistakes or speaking up. If you tell HR they deny it. Shut up and get on with it culture. An atmosphere of depression is rife. good pay, but what price your soul
Pros
pay
Cons
get treated like a dog
Just dont do it
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Barrow-In-Furness, Cumbria30 January 2018
What started off as a good job slowly turned into a nightmare, a culture of bullying has gone on at this place .
You get spoken to like dirt if you speak your mind and they try to make you accountable for the smallest errors.
If your lucky enough to speak to the boss be sure to look out for the phone being slammed down on you, only jobs for the boys at this place sorry.
As soon as you raise any concerns you are classed as a trouble maker, do the right thing and dont apply here....You have been warned.
Pros
Days off
Cons
Bullying, harrasment long hours .
Bully culture within the management frame work.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Barrow-In-Furness28 January 2018
You're expected to cover jobs you've received no training for and if a single mistake is made you're personally culpable.
Management speak to staff with no respect or any empathy what so ever.
Lack of communication and organisation.
The yearly salary is good. But still awaiting shift pay which was promised to us from 1st of January 2018
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Bully culture. Lack of organisation and communication.
Not Recommended
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  All over27 January 2018
Being a flex officer does not give a set schedule, nor does the scheduling manager give a schedule until last minute. This makes it difficult to plan my weekends. They treat us like machines and not people. Because of the last minute schedule, I do not sleep normal hours or get much sleep at all. Managers do not follow the handbook and disrespect officers that are 'different'. There are no promised raises, they go back on their word just so they can keep their officers. Securitas sends paychecks by paper and does not use the direct deposit method, they are old school with only using paper for all their documentation.
Pros
a job
Cons
no benefits, poor pay
Great company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire20 January 2018
Securitas is a great company to work for. You get a raise in pay and have the chance to move up in the company and if you do get lucky and get to move up in the company you still do get a pay raise. They let new people come on to your site and share their lunch with everyone.
Not a good company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Sainsburys Leven18 January 2018
Pay never on time and shifts scattered! Management all over the place. The client was very on top and trying you how to do your job. Nightmare of a company!
workplace
hospital security officer (Current Employee) –  security officer13 January 2018
My typical day at work is working a 12 hour shift , I am allways learning on the job, the management is ok, I work in a hospital culture , the hardest part of the job is not having a enough hours in the day ,the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with people.
As professional as any other security company
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear11 January 2018
Could be quite monotonous depending on the site worked, but again that is standard with any security company's contract. i was a lone worker, and health and safety regulations were always followed with regards to lone workers on night shift, with regular calls made to company call centre. Customer service skills are a must with all security post, whether face to face, or telephone interactions with the public or clients.
Pros
depends on site as to shift patterns
good wage
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  South Yorkshire4 January 2018
you get to travel around alot earning a good wage and you get to work on different sites in your area problem is they never gave me much notice before they moved me around
Pros
good wages
Cons
need a driving license
A long way to go..
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London4 January 2018
OK company to work for until you run into any difficulty. HR support is non existent, if anything they make the matter worse.

If you're lucky, you get a decent line manager however the company make so many management changes that you hardly finish a year with the same manager that you've started with. It's actually a running joke among long term clients.

Too many knee jerk decisions which affect thousands of employees that are rarely followed through.

Pay is below average and progression is based on how close you are to the MD.

If you can sell yourself rather than do a decent job, you'll do well here.
Its ok
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  South West3 January 2018
You go to work, you go home you get paid every month. I didn't have any issues really with this company but there was nothing keeping me there. Work for pay nothing special, as expected. I would recommend them for an easy life
Pros
World wide
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Securitas. Our community is ready to answer.

52K