Sanctuary Group Employee Reviews

no staff loyalty
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  london14 January 2018
no loyalty to existing staff members, no appreciation for hard work. the more you do the more you are expected to do. and confidentially is thrown out of the window regularly.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
loyalty non existant
15 January 2018

The wellbeing of our staff is of utmost importance to us, and we value all feedback Could you please send us more details of your experience so that we can have a chat and look into your concerns for you? Please email resourcing.team@sanctuary-housing.co.uk. Alternatively, you can contact your line manager or HR Business Partner, many thanks.

Nice residents
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire23 November 2017
Not a good company to work for promiaes a contract 2 years ago still on zero hours conoany are full of promises but they never happen not appreciated for the hard work you do
Pros
Nice residents
Cons
Full of promises that are bever fullfilled
24 November 2017

Hi, we’re very sorry to hear this, and please rest assured that we always want our employees to feel appreciated for the work they’re doing. You can discuss this with your line manager, or you can email us at resourcing.team@sanctuary-housing.co.uk and we’ll look into it for you. Thanks.

too much work for the hours
Domestic Cleaner (Former Employee) –  London16 November 2017
I thought I was going to clean residents rooms, but found out that I had to get the reception clean first, the dining rooms and lounges, the corridors, and then the residents rooms came last. and I was also told, if the toilet is clean, just give it a quick flush and go. you basically have no time to clean the rooms properly, you are the only cleaner on your floor and there are 30 rooms to clean. if you there full time you can do it. I was there part time and was rushing all the time. you cant do the job properly part time, as well as all the extra jobs they expect you to do. And the HR department is a joke. Takes them too long to get records updated. Do not work there. I needed the work, but I couldn't take it any more and left. Also the cleaners are on rota as well as the carers, if you don't work on a bank holiday, they take the day off your holiday entitlement.
Pros
free lunch if you are full time
Cons
too much work if you only do part time
24 November 2017

We’re very sorry that you didn’t enjoy your time with us, and that your role wasn’t as expected. We will be taking your feedback on board as we aim to provide all our staff with the support they need to thrive. If you’d like to send us any further information, please email resourcing.team@sanctuary-housing.co.uk.

okay place
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wantage, Oxfordshire9 November 2017
worked here for nearly 1 1/2 years, staff are friendly, residents are friendly could have asked for any more out of a workplace free lunch is given when working a 12 hours shift
24 November 2017

Thanks for leaving a review of your time with Sanctuary Care.

Good
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgwater, Somerset7 November 2017
Good. Nice place to work, friendly and great. Learning and course available, great environment to be in and work in. Great team work, stunning views .
Pros
Free lunch
24 November 2017

Thanks for the review, we’re glad you enjoyed working at Sanctuary.

Like my second home worked with staff for many years
Care Assistant for the Elderly team leader (Current Employee) –  Newbury Park7 November 2017
My home that I have worked with for 20 years is closing down in March 2018 so need to find a job when it's my time which is March I have worked since I left school
Pros
I get free meals where I work at the minture
Cons
I do morning shifts and afternoon shifts I am willing to do nights shifts aswell
27 November 2017

Thank you very much for your review and for all of your hard work during your time with us. As you will have heard in the recent staff meetings we are very keen to retain as many staff as we can through roles in our other care homes and will be providing support on your employment options via the staff one to one meetings taking place soon.

Great Company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester2 November 2017
You're not just a number with Sanctuary, there is a lot of support available to staff, and you are encouraged to be your best.
There are policies and procedures (guidelines) on almost everything, so everyone is on the same page its great.
Pros
Support / working hours
24 November 2017

It’s great that you enjoyed your time with us and felt well supported! Thanks for the review.

Terrible place to work.. dont do it
Carer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Exeter, Devon1 November 2017
I've worked for his company for over 3 years and all they care about is paper work and not quality of care . The word care has been lost in translation somewhere , as a carer I care , I care about my clients , my colleagues and myself but standards in homes are shocking. There is no care it's all about paper work and making sure the fat cats are happy upstairs. If you keep the staff happy then the quality of care should be out standing . I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone let alone put any of my relatives in one of their homes.
2 November 2017

We’re very sorry that you feel this way as the quality of care we provide is paramount to us, as well as the happiness of our employees. If you’d like to discuss anything in detail, please email resourcing.team@sanctuary-housing.co.uk.

No Job Security
Assistant Housing Officer (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire30 October 2017
I was employed in a position to only be told two weeks later my role would be made redundant. I left a permanent role to work at Sanctuary and have to say it was a major mistake. The management was very poor and there was no job security as only 12 months before the company went through a major restructure.
Would not recommend the company.
8 November 2017

Thank you for taking to time to share your feedback. Sanctuary strives to ensure its services are efficient and offer value for money to our customers. Within the context of challenging market conditions, it has been necessary to change how our services are delivered. Where changes to staff are required, we consult with those affected and work hard to minimise any negative impact on staff where possible. Should you wish to discuss further, please don’t hesitate to get in touch by emailing resourcing.team@sanctuary-housing.co.uk.

Very good
Care support worker (Former Employee) –  Telford23 October 2017
Good job, good hours, good people, good laugh. Long hours but always rewarding, always dealing with very different people each day some being very challenging and other being very entertaining all round job no problem.
24 October 2017

It’s great that you enjoyed your time with us and relished the challenge! Thanks for leaving a review.

kinda boring
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chester3 October 2017
the week was very involving and full of experience but the only thing it taught me was that office work is boring but don't give me wrong it was fun going to see the different stories but it was also long
Pros
free hot drink
Cons
tyring
9 October 2017

Thanks for the review, and we're sorry that you feel office work isn't for you! We do try to give our employees opportunities to visit and learn about other areas of our business.

Great company to work for, great opportunities to progress.
Accommodation Manager (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow2 October 2017
You never get time to get bored at Sanctuary, every day brings new challenges and new things to learn.

Staff are supported if they want to advance and training is provided to ensure that this is possible.

The management is very supportive and all the teams that I have worked with have been very friendly and helpful.

Pay structure and rewards scheme are also really good.
Pros
Working with a great team.
9 October 2017

Sounds like you’re having a great time working at Sanctuary! Thanks for the review.

Worst experience of my career
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yarnton, Oxfordshire30 September 2017
I came with no experience (which they knew and were still willing to take me on). I was given 0 training and expected to know everything as soon as I arrived by bossy staff. Had no induction, the rota was given out weekly so you could never plan in advance, they wouldn’t give me a contract until
I had been there 6 months, there was no manager, no organisation, was told to go into resedents rooms on my own and do jobs I’d know nothing about. The only good thing was that the residents were lovely. Shame on this company. If you don’t have the facilities or can’t be bothered to train up staff with no experience then don’t take them on. The people who suffer the most are the residents! I ended up walking out because I was so appalled. I now work for barchester which is a fantastic care company.
Pros
Lovely residents and they pay a bit better than most care companies
Cons
No training, no induction, rude staff, poor atmosphere, no rota, unorganised, no manager...the list goes on!
10 October 2017

We’re very sorry to read that you had this experience. Thanks for the feedback which we’ll be looking into. If you'd like to send us any further information or discuss anything, please email resourcing.team@sanctuary-housing.co.uk.

10 October 2017

We’re really disappointed that you left feeling this about us as we always strive to make sure our staff are supported and feel valued. We’re pleased to say we’ve had a home manager in place for some time now so we’re confident this isn’t a current reflection of how things are there. We have a full induction course for all new starters, a variety of training courses and contracts are issued by our central HR team prior to completion of someone’s probation so we’d really appreciate it if you could contact us and give us some more detail so we can look into it. You can email resourcing.team@sanctuary-housing.co.uk, thanks.

Great work life balance and working environment
HR Administrator (Current Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire28 September 2017
I have found working for Sanctuary Care a very rewarding, challenging, but satisfying career choice. No two days are ever alike and that makes for a very motivating and fulfilling working week.

As a company I have found them to be fair, honest and open to feedback. They are a company that really wants to constantly improve and are always looking for ways to make their employee's work life better and more satisfying.

My role involves communicating with up to 14 homes every week, and I've been able to build up a really good, friendly working relationship with them that makes me day-to-day work life much nicer than previous jobs I’ve had at other companies. It's a company that definitely rewards hard work and resourcefulness.

There are also lots on work benefits that all permanent employees are able to taken advantage of, from child-care to reduced cinema tickets.

It’s not a job without its trials and challenges, but there is a great support system within each sector of the company, so I’ve found that there is always someone here to ask for advice and assistance if I need it.
Pros
Great colleagues, staff reward/benefit system
9 October 2017

Fantastic to learn that you’re enjoying your time with Sanctuary Care!

Excellent place to work with a very strong team ethic
Senior HR Administrator (Current Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire27 September 2017
I started working at Sanctuary Care as a HR Administrator and from day one was welcomed to the team. Training opportunities were great and allowed me to increase my skillset.

There is always opportunities for progession and it is encouraged. I was able to progress to a Senior HR Administrator within 6 months with the help and support of both my line managers and team.
Pros
Decent canteen, friendly staff, holiday entitlement
28 September 2017

It’s great that you’re loving your role and taking opportunities to progress! Thanks for taking the time to leave a review.

Challenging & rewarding workplace
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire27 September 2017
My role is varied and interesting. My opinions are listened to and I feel valued. There is scope for changing roles, if I wanted to, I really enjoy working for Sanctuary.
Pros
active social club; gym on site; lots going on; regular charity events
Cons
some work practices are prescriptive
28 September 2017

Thanks for your feedback which is always welcomed! We’re pleased you’re enjoying your role and finding it interesting.

Bullying and poor managenent
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke23 September 2017
An awful experience, care staff and seniors were rude unhelpful obstructive and Bullies to new staff, very poor induction, management did nothing to address any concerns or complaints raised, even HR manager did nothing. Teams are very clicky, worse playground behaviour I have ever experienced,
Pros
Lovely residents
Cons
Bullying staff, Bad management, long hours
26 September 2017

Thank you for your comment and we are sorry that this was your experience. We do not tolerate bullying in any form so, even though you’ve now left Sanctuary, please send more information to resourcing.team@sanctuary-housing.co.uk so we can look into it further and ensure this isn’t the experience for anyone else.

Horrendous
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kent21 September 2017
Bullying is rife. Staff are lazy, and management is abusive. This is an awful place to work and depressingly has a huge contract of customers it routinely lets down.
26 September 2017

We’re sorry to see this comment and that this is the experience you had. We appreciate you have left Sanctuary now but we take any allegation of bullying very seriously and would want to look into it further. Please send more details to resourcing.team@sanctuary-housing.co.uk Thank you.

not bad
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  chester21 September 2017
management need be more supportive. residents are lovely and staff are caring, not enough staff to meet the needs of all clients, care home is spacious, need more cleaners to keep on top of it
27 September 2017

Thanks for the feedback around your role, and we’re sorry to hear that you don’t feel supported, as support for our staff is what we strive to provide. If you’d like to share some more detailed information with us, please email resourcing.team@sanctuary-housing.co.uk, or have a chat with your line manager.

Very good hours 7 til 2 or 2 til 9 or 9 til9
Care worker (Current Employee) –  Hull anlaby rd17 September 2017
Assisting residents to get up or if on a late assist to bed but they have the last say if they don't want get up or go bed it is their home and their choice which is great for them and good choice of meals and activity so good staff training all the time good pay and lovely place to work that why a lot of staff been their years
Pros
We get a meal if want and sit with residents to eat at table
Cons
I can't think of any really
27 September 2017

Great to hear that you are enjoying your time with us at Sanctuary! Thanks for the review.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sanctuary Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9