Sanctuary Group Employee Reviews

Horrendous
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kent21 September 2017
Bullying is rife. Staff are lazy, and management is abusive. This is an awful place to work and depressingly has a huge contract of customers it routinely lets down.
Very good hours 7 til 2 or 2 til 9 or 9 til9
Care worker (Current Employee) –  Hull anlaby rd17 September 2017
Assisting residents to get up or if on a late assist to bed but they have the last say if they don't want get up or go bed it is their home and their choice which is great for them and good choice of meals and activity so good staff training all the time good pay and lovely place to work that why a lot of staff been their years
Pros
We get a meal if want and sit with residents to eat at table
Cons
I can't think of any really
Workplace
Local Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham and Milton Keynes14 September 2017
Meeting staff and clients in various schemes. Ensuring that all staff are meeting performance indicators and completing all their work to a high standard. Prioritising risk and crisis situations on a daily basis whilst auditing files and preparing reports.

Partner engagement and client involvement to build Sanctuary's reputation in Birmingham. As the manager, I always instilled a positive workplace environment ensuring the staff could carry out their work whilst staying safe and dignified.
Pros
excellent workplace environment
Cons
Worcester based head office
Soul less corporate machine
Area manager (Former Employee) –  Midlands13 September 2017
A highly unpleasant place to work if you have a shred of empathy, pride or passion in your work.
Everything driven by saving money. No real care about customers or satisfaction. Spent most of my time dealing with complaints created by incompetent staff and even less incompetent managers who didn't care and only there for the money. Watch the buck be passed, it's an ugly and shameful culture. No job security as they restructure constantly and the retention of staff is embarrassing. The company has no real identity and as such customers suffer.
Pros
Higher than average wages
Cons
Low morale, poor training, unrealistic work expectations, poor software to use
Worse care home I have worked in
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redditch2 September 2017
Staff have a click and new staff are not welcomed when you take a concern to mangerment about a staff member they are not put on pip, you are left on the shop floor all night while staff sit outside smoking and chatting, while new staff have to deal with all the alarms, clients being awake making sure they are safe, mangerment know what is going on and they allow the click staff to bully the new staff, the home has lack of incontinence aid, body wash and clothing, don't work here unless you want to do all the work while others sit around .
Pros
Cons
Clicky staff, new staff not welcomed
was okay
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Exning, Suffolk1 September 2017
poor management, minimum wage, friendly colleagues and awful team leaders,
wouldnt wanna work there again.

promised full time, didnt get more than 15 hours per week
Constantly changing and expanding workplace.
Management Accountant (Former Employee) –  Worcester10 August 2017
Nice clean working environment. Accounting systems are good, so easy to extract the information you need. Always expanding, so promotional opportunities.
Pros
Real drive to improve.
Cons
No staff kitchens or fridges etc.
18 August 2017

Thanks for leaving your review, we’re pleased to read your positive feedback on our working environment and accounting systems. We’re sorry you were disappointed that staff kitchens weren’t available, but we are proud to offer our staff use of our canteen and dining area.

Great People To Work With.
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire7 August 2017
Its a great company to work for.
great team work.
i like that no 2 days are the same.
there have put through my NVQ 2.
great mangement with a open door policy.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Long Hours
10 August 2017

Thanks for the review and it’s great that you’re enjoying your time with Sanctuary Care!

A lovely place to live
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands14 July 2017
It was a lovely place to live in( as a resident). The 12 hour shifts are very long. When I first arrived you got a free lunch then they stopped it, which is quite mean since we were working 12hrs on minimum wage.
Pros
purpose built, pleasant environment.
Cons
Poor pay, long hours.
25 July 2017

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We’re sorry that the free lunches were stopped, we’ll make a note of this and pass your feedback on to head office. Thank you.

awful place to work
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bromsgrove, Worcestershire11 July 2017
a typical day is being understaffed and having to do much more than you can manage and also management is awful they have no regard for staff safety or health and use blackmail as a means to get what they want. Things are very chummy and people have their favourites you will find that you get more if your face fits. Head office are no better they allow the behaviour of management and staff to mistreat others. The job in itself is hard and can take a toll physically and emotionally dealing with end of life care but it is also rewarding in the sense that residents appreciate what you are doing for them. the hours are ok but do not fit round school hours
25 July 2017

We’re very sorry that you’re not enjoying your time with us, and we’d like to turn things around for you. In the first instance we would suggest you speak to your line manager, or if you would prefer send details to resourcing.team@sanctuary-housing.co.uk. We can then take things from there. Thank you.

a lovely place to work
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bridgwater7 July 2017
a lovely place to work
very rewarding . co workers are wonderful to work with
the clients are wonderful people that i enjoy enabling them to achieve the things they chose to do in their life
Pros
free lunch if you work 12 hours .comfortable uniform
Cons
very demanding work .a lot of responsibility
10 July 2017

It was great to read your review! Thanks for your kind comments, and we’re glad you’re enjoying your time with Sanctuary Care.

Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Wiltshire25 June 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working for Sanctuary group, the local management were all really supportive and always made an effort to know what was happening on the shop floor.

The majority of staff were great to work with and the residents were lovely to work for.
27 June 2017

These comments are great to read! Thanks for the review, and we’re pleased that you enjoyed your time with us.

Very slow to respond to any sort of change
Cook (Former Employee) –  Devon23 June 2017
During my time at sanctuary, I didn't enjoy the culture and the general running of the company...it seemed to me that a lot of effort is made to make cosmetic changes while important issues such as staff welfare are left behind...they also charged me three hundred pounds for leaving the job before six months to cover a streak of compulsory courses for which I didn't even receive any certificate...
Pros
smart uniform
Cons
No respect for life work balance, below average wages
27 June 2017

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, and we’re sorry that you didn’t enjoy your time with us. Regarding the courses you undertook, please email resourcing.team@sanctuary-housing.co.uk so that we can discuss this with you.

11 August 2017

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, and we’re sorry that you didn’t enjoy your time with us. Regarding the courses you undertook, please email resourcing.team@sanctuary-housing.co.uk so that we can look into this for you.

New Employee
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nuneaton21 June 2017
Started my position on 24th May 17 and I couldn't be happier! Staff are friendly, kind, hard working and truely care about their residents and the management are very caring too amd welcomed me with open arms. You are valued there and appreciated for what you do, compared to my last employment. I am so much happier with this comoany and my partner has noticed that too, this company really are passionate about what they do and it shows. I can see myself staying with this company indefinitely. However, communication could improve.
Pros
Appreciated
Cons
Communication
22 June 2017

Welcome to Sanctuary, and we’re delighted to read how happy you are in your new role with Sanctuary Care! Regarding communication, please discuss this with your line manager to see how they can help.

Brilliant all round
HR Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire20 June 2017
Every aspect of the job role and culture was great. A lovely place to work. Would recommend to anyone to apply. Lovely head offices. Great structure and friendly people.
22 June 2017

Thanks for leaving a review of your time with us, and we’re glad it was enjoyable for you.

Great staff too many redundancies
Customer Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Adderbury, Oxfordshire15 June 2017
Worked for the company 6 years. Great employees that I work with and for. It seems that staff positions are being reduced & greater workload on others
Pros
Varied work
Cons
Staff cut backs
22 June 2017

Thanks for your review, and we’re glad you enjoyed your six years with us.

Great
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire30 May 2017
Brilliant company to work for. All staff are very friendly and the management support you all the way. Nothing is too much trouble and if you need help it is there no questions asked
Pros
easy location staff and management fab
Cons
weekend work
12 June 2017

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We’re delighted that you enjoyed working at Sanctuary.

Yarnton care assistant
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yarnton, Oxfordshire30 May 2017
Lasted a very short period with this company.
Short staffed rude and unprofessional seniors.
Problems between staff with working together,some clicky and others clueless.
Avoid!
Pros
Cons
Loads
12 June 2017

We’re very sorry to see that you didn’t enjoy your short time with us. We would like to look into your feedback, so please email resourcing.team@sanctuary-housing.co.uk, and we can discuss your concerns with you. Thanks.

enjoyble and fun
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London20 May 2017
I enjoy the challenge of working within a busy, demanding work environment. I am a hard working, adaptable and flexible individual who relishes the opportunity of learing new skills and methods of working. i am also someone who can work within a team but i am equally confident working alone and using my on initiative.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long hours/ but i love it
12 June 2017

It’s great that you’re finding your time with us rewarding! Thanks for the review.

Efficient and nice environment to work
Domestic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dundee City20 April 2017
The day to day work at Sanctuary is well paced I always felt busy and was always kept on my toes. The management were excellent at delegating tasks. The pay and hours were great.
26 April 2017

We’re delighted that you enjoyed your time with us! Thanks for taking the time to leave a review.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sanctuary Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9