Sainsbury's Bank Employee Reviews

Productive and Challenging
Travel Money Advisor (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, Cumbria16 September 2017
Great place to work both within the bureau and within the overall store. Very challenging at times and you need to fully concentrate at all times whilst conducting transactions.
Poor Work-life balance
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh5 April 2017
On the surface appeared to be a good place to work, however, I found the work-life balance poor and unrealistic expectations from management around workloads.
Pros
Good benefits, discounts, healthcare etc. Usual FS type benefits
Cons
Work-life balance not met
Good growing bank with clear vision
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, UK19 February 2017
A great place to work compared to larger banks due to the access to senior management and the general culture of listening to all levels and feeling valued.
Average job
Travel money manager (Current Employee) –  Field Based2 November 2016
At times this is a great job with something different each day and the area of travel money can be very interesting.

There is always something new to learn and it is fun to talk to customers about their holidays even if you do sometimes feel a little jelious.

The biggest problem is the staff turnover for the TMA's (bureau staff) is extremely high so it is constant battle to hire new staff and train them. Of course this means that instead of doing your management tasks until the new colleague is hired you will be working the bureau as a sale colleague.
Pros
Interesting job with lots to do
Cons
Can be very long hours for a relativly low pay
Fun&Productive Workplace
Travel Money Advisor (Former Employee) –  London19 September 2016
During a typical day at Sainsbury's Travel Money, which is located within the store. Sometimes your shift can go really quickly or drag out to the point, where you feel like your losing your mind.

My time here taught me, most importantly about attention to detail in every thing you do, i could write down a long list of all the requirements, but i wouldn't want to bore you. Me personally thought it wouldn't be as intense, but if you do decide to go down this path? just giving you the heads up, that this line of work is not for the faint-hearted

Management was good,few blips & errors, but they played their part

My co-workers, were quite enthusiastic & fun to work with, they showed me the ropes of things really & i doubt i would of lasted as long as i did, without their help.

I'd say the hardest part of the job, is keeping on top of everything. So many daily, weekly & monthly tasks you have to put into action its crazy.

Me personally I love talking to people from different backgrounds,met some people from America, Barbados, Turkey etc & if it wasn't for the customers i would have left this a long long time ago.
Pros
15% Staff Discount
Cons
Mentally Challenging, Long Hours, Short Breaks, Average Pay
Not awful but not great
Root Cause Analyst (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh15 September 2016
Not great benefits when compared to other banks due to the supermarket link. Quite a relaxed environment to work within. Nice building to work in and staff car park.
Other employees good to work with
Part-time Travel Money Advisor (Former Employee) –  London6 September 2016
After completing my induction, the role is very solitary. When busy with customers it was enjoyable but no so when it was quiet and you sit alone in a booth.
Pros
working in a financial environment assisting customers.
Cons
A solitary role
Independent position.
Travel Money Advisor (Former Employee) –  Southampton5 July 2016
This was a good work experience which allowed me to gain knowledge and application of the financing world. This position taught me about the security protocols in place surrounding the transfer of funds and the prerequisites regarding money laundering.

This job was typically an independent position which was a combination of engaging with customers and providing administration.

A typical day at this position was largely administrative as every transaction had to be recorded and follow company protocol.

The hardest part of the job was when there were no customers and no work to do, I found myself clock watching and staring outside of a glass wall.
Productive and Fun environment
Migration Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh10 May 2016
Great place to work with exciting opportunities in designing how new family banking should work and meet the needs of families in the 21st century. Given the opportunity to create simple and transparent banking.
Supportive work environment
Travel Money Advisor (Current Employee) –  Leicester, ENG20 January 2016
A typical day at work involves meeting customers need with travel money, making sure we have sufficient stock to meet customers demands and managing all compliance laws and regulations with all transactions.

I have not only become a more confident person, but I also have knowledge of legal and compliance regulations; a few of which are: data protection, fair customer treatment, anti money laundering and fraud detection. I have excelled in managing staff and archiving important documents within the bureau.

Management are very supportive in progress and succeed within the company and are always at hand when needed. Staff are given importance in all matters.

My colleagues are also very encouraging and we all help each other out when it is required. There is always at least one staff member available at all times for support.

The hardest part of the job is when ordering stock for daily transactions and to remember all of the legal and compliance regulations. However, management are always available to help.

Being given full responsibility of my bureau, including producing the roster schedules is the most enjoyable part of my job. Building relationships with customers and learning from every transaction is both challenging and fulfilling.
Pros
Work Place Pension Plan, breaks included in salary, company shares available to purchase, full support offered by management to progress.
Cons
Good support from management to complete job well.
Travel Money Assistant (Current Employee) –  Midlands16 November 2015
The Job role is hard to learn but once mastered it is a great opportunity to develop skills in certain areas such as maths and knowledge in different currencies.
Pros
discount card at multiple establishments
Cons
long hours alone
Productive and fun place to work
Data Usage Analyst (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh7 February 2015
I really enjoy working for such a big, up and coming organisation. I have learnt a lot about data management.

All colleagues and management are very approachable and helpful.
Pros
Good company to work for
Cons
I have a very demanding role
productive
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  dunfermline27 October 2014
was a very busy environment, worked varied hours. was a goal driven environment and targets were a big focus alongside customer service