RPS Employee Reviews

Social place work
Mains water flushing tech. (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire23 October 2017
Different locations daily or weekly. Working in roads and pavements. In contact with the general public. Using hydrants to flush cedement out of the pipes and also opening or closing values to redirect the flow of water.
Pros
Working on my own initiative
Cons
Travelling far
excellent company to work for
leakage inspector (Former Employee) –  Wales9 March 2017
excellent company to work for very friendly daily van checks and using gis to locate welsh water mains and assess customer meter details. daily checks of customer meters..
Frendly work place
Leakage Technician (Former Employee) –  south wales15 September 2016
An average company but low wages and hard chances on Advancements in a very demanding contract watching every move you make. the job is straight forward but it come with plenty of paperwork
Pros
van
Cons
low wages
Fun to work
Pallet Repairer/ fibc valeter/ fork truck driver (Former Employee) –  Teesside18 July 2016
Good working environment very long days 3 breaks a day good onsite shower facilities.
Give you all courses and training needed to do job role. Good bunch of staff very helpful
Busy working environment
Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  Abingdon17 May 2016
Busy working environment in an open plan office which is quite noisy.Good career progression chances within accountancy. Salary, bonus and holidays good.
Enjoyable friendly staff
Leakage Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Sheffield11 March 2016
managing a leakage detection team in South Yorkshire, I have experienced many challenges ranging from Incident reporting and investigation to performance management.
During my time I learned lots of key leadership skills and had the opportunity to fine tune my leak detection capabilities. The staff in my team were very hard working passionate individuals totally committed to achieving performance targets.
Pros
leading such a great workforce
Cons
Limited personal development opportunities
productive
Leakage inspector (Former Employee) –  Liverpool27 January 2016
great place to work and good for promotion and training. helped me along my carrrer path and was a great life work balance.
Got worse
Water Engineer (Former Employee) –  SOUTH WEST22 June 2015
Not a good management structure, on the ground was enjoyable. An unpleasant workin office enviroment.
No opportunity to progress. Aggressive management culture
Pros
Working away fom office
Cons
Lng hours no additional pay
Good learning experience
Leakage Detection Technician (Former Employee) –  Hants, Surrey and Berkshire.21 January 2015
Having never worked in the water industry before this, I learned a fair bit about the water distribution network. I also learned all about leak detection on the network, including sounding, correlation and noise logging. What I learned in this job gave me a good foundation to move on into a job with a Water Supply company. It was hard work, and not the nicest job in cold weather, but again was nice to be outdoors in the warmer months.
fun just alot of staying away.
Site technician (Current Employee) –  clevedon16 February 2014
load up the van with the equipment needed for the day/week ahead, the problem i have with it is that their is no management oppertunities. my fellow co workers are a great laugh and easy to get on with, the hardest part of the job is staying away constantly for little gain.
Would have prefered to work efficiently in my own way while complying with rules instead of being micromanaged but other than that fine place to work
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen21 April 2013
Co workers for the most part were friendly and helpful. Days were busy lots of deadlines and training courses. In my opinion they had too many systems in place instead of being more efficient and using one or two good systems to take care of everything. Hardest part of the job for me was keeping track of every move my colleagues made as required by management i would suggest to them to create a reporting system to deal with this as i found it very distracting from the more important deadline lead aspects of my work.
Not a good company to work for
leakage technician (Former Employee) –  north wales12 October 2012
alot of singling out and bullying from team leader in north wales.
Cons
bullyling in company from team leader in north wales contract
Excellent work
Data Collector (Former Employee) –  Various locations in North Yorkshire Dales18 September 2012
Good decent people with good hours, and very exciting work, including working in some remote and exciting places, mostly alone
Pros
good hours
Cons
short contracts
Excellent company
Data Collector (Former Employee) –  Acomb9 May 2012
typical days work involved driving around lovely places all day, all work was done without pressure and the work involved was although routine, it was interesting.

The management was easy going, and interested in my development, although no job was offered after my contract ended

Co workers were fun and always ready to help