Royal Mail Employee Reviews

christmas casual
Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon17 January 2018
good to work with the royal mail over the Christmas period
and pay well over the busy time of the year and friendly and confident staff..............
Management of driving transport is not ok
HGV Driver class 1 (Former Employee) –  COVENTRY HUB16 January 2018
Money is ok but start times ar not ok.Not happy whit that .But so is whwn you working for royal mail true agencies.But if you like afternoon and night shift is ok.
Culture of management bullying
Ex employee (Former Employee) –  Nowhere16 January 2018
All looks well to start but give it a while and managers soon turn on you and pressure you into achieving unattainable targets. Say no and they harass you.
Poor employer ruined by really bad, bullying management
Delivery Line Manager (Former Employee) –  Uk16 January 2018
Used to love my job but left after 13 years service. The money is good but there’s more to life than that! Company has been ruined by poor management and unrealistic targets. I would not recommend RM to a dog.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Poor management, stress, poor company on the whole
Royal Mail MDEC Data Entry Keyer
Data Entry Keyer (Former Employee) –  Plymstock16 January 2018
Royal Mail MDEC Data Entry Keyer

First week seemed repetitive and boring.
After getting into the swing of things, it was easy money and well worth getting used to.
In the end I wish I could have carried on after the Christmas period.
Working from 6:30am to 12:30 was actually very enjoyable, having the rest of the day to any day to day activities and errands.
Good job!
Work place satisfaction 50%
Postman/Driver (Current Employee) –  Ilford16 January 2018
Everything concerning the job is good but there is too much walking and the all weather type of working is really uncomfortable.Worker security is not 100% guaranteed and workers have to exercise maximum care in our daily duties despite the great risks involved.
A lot of benefits, side attractions and pension benefits.
Pros
Car salary exchange benefits
Cons
Workers security half guaranteed.
Productive place
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Swindon15 January 2018
Normally, I would separate the first class, second class and return letter into different boxes. I learnt to manage my time, work efficiently and communicate well with my fellow workers. I think that the job wasn't too organised because at times we would be randomly pulled out and sent to machinery work which we weren't allowed to do. Therefore we would have to inform the manager that we aren't allowed. The hardest part was standing for hours in one spot for 5 hours with only a 15 minute break. However, the most enjoyable part was meeting new people who were around my age.
Pros
Very well payed job
Cons
Unorganised managers
ok ok
Postman/Driver (Current Employee) –  Bridgend, Bridgend15 January 2018
every day hard job to do
start at seven oclock in the morning
management staff- ok
job culture - ok
job secutity - is all fine, no problem
lots of time off, every five weeks week off.
Healthy outdoor working
Postman (Former Employee) –  Cambridgeshire15 January 2018
Unfortunately RM are no longer the company they were years ago. Their main aims is to be a profitable company for the shareholders and not as a public service which its reputation was built upon. Whilst the job can be an enjoyable job once your out of the office and delivering the mail in fresh air. The pressures put on the staff from the management today is most of the time unachievable. They always expect more from people than what most times can be physically achieved. The early starts with early finishes are becoming a thing of the past as well. Where as years ago starting work @5am and being finished at lunch time was great. Now the the companies model is being built around a 9 til 5 culture.
Pros
Paid meal breaks
Cons
relentless pressure from the management
Standard warehouse job
Warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  Manchester14 January 2018
Good job what you would expect within a warehouse work place, jobs just agency so not very secure overall had a good experience working for royal mail
Christmas casual sorting out parcels and letters
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Hanworth14 January 2018
everyday was very busy as you can expect at Royal mail Jubilee center. It was fun to work with so many people from different backgrounds. Managers were great and very demanding and professional at the same time. The job was physically demanding as we as ateam had to handle tousands of parcels every od various sizes. I got the knowledge of quite a few postcode areas and hoe effectively and efficienty we get our parcels and letters delivered to our doorstep. I made many friends who are still in contact with me.
Pros
fun to work
Cons
Friendly staff and fun experience
Casual worker (Former Employee) –  Crawley14 January 2018
I really loved working at the royal mail as there was really friendly staff that were helpful and kind. I always learnt something new everyday which helped my communication skills and other things. It was really fun sorting letters into different places.
Pros
getting 25 min break
Cons
nothing
Great opportunities for a career path
Head of National Telesales North (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester14 January 2018
Great teams and a company that invests in their people. Salary very competitive. Well structured personal development plans with regular one to ones and yearly appraisals.
Pros
Car parking
Cons
Hours
Not a bad place
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Greenford, Greater London13 January 2018
Can be very boring and repetitive but luckily I wasn't confined to one area and I worked in nearly all departments. I learnt a lot about Postcodes, and coped with completing tasks in a fast paced atmosphere. Some managers are excellent and some are not good at leading or are simply jobsworths. I didn't find anything hard, and I found porting the mail the most enjoyable part of the job.
Cons
No free break
Don't work here.
Post Person & Workplace Coach (Current Employee) –  Coatbridge, North Lanarkshire12 January 2018
Privitisation has ruined what was previously a great place to wor

I used to really love my job, it wasn't easy as you have to cover 12-13 miles a day.

Once it put into the private sector though all they want to do is work you to the bone even when you are already working at the limit.
Fun and welcoming place to work
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Burtonwood and Winwick12 January 2018
National Living Wage
Benefits for working extra hours
Weekend pay goes up
Friendly Working Environment
Care about staff wellbeing
Are still there for you even after you leave
Pros
National Living Wage
Cons
Can become repetitive
good workplace
postman driver (Former Employee) –  Croydon12 January 2018
early starts sort mail for deliveries go out on round and deliver mail for customers return to depot for second round once done can go home very good and fun place to work.
Pros
reliable job
Cons
early starts
Great Place to work
Network Compliance and Optimisation Manager (Former Employee) –  East11 January 2018
Work/Task load always heavy but manageable; days long i.e. 10-12hrs plus frequent travelling; but when working in a very team oriented workplace there is always support when required which ensures workload/task completion attainable.

Hardest part of the Job, hard to say really as I always enjoyed my role responsibilities supporting Ops Teams and being there 24/7 if required; the ethos is team working across the whole country working towards/achieving all set targets.

As for cons; job security is now the same as any other company; if you perform to the required standard then you wont have to worry about job security.
Pros
Great working environment with excellent skills/tools for the job supplied.
Cons
None, thoroughly enjoyed the work/Job.
Royal Mail
Data Entry Keyer (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent11 January 2018
Very good job, treated fairly, the same as everybody else, would recommend to people, only downfall is that you cant really move through the business from a data entry keyer.
post
Postman (Former Employee) –  Newtownabbey, County Antrim11 January 2018
it was great being able to be out and about delivering the mail around my local area , my only downfall was the no job sercurity and not knowing if you were going to be on the same run
Pros
active work
Cons
job unsecurity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal Mail. Our community is ready to answer.