Royal Mail Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place of work
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eastleigh17 November 2017
An excellent work place to work in, great staff memebers. Lots of great bonuses for working for this company. I was gutted that my temporary employment came to an end with this company. Would love the chance to return!
Productive and fun place to work
Postman (Former Employee) –  Perth, Perth and Kinross16 November 2017
A friendly atmosphere where everyone gets on and the staff assists each other when needed . Over the years i had with Royal Mail i had a variety of jobs and the opportunity to advance in the company .
fun
Christmas Casual Parcel Sorter (Former Employee) –  Bradford16 November 2017
Part of my job was to sort parcels into different area codes from London all the way to Leeds. We work as part of a large team in one of our processing or distribution centres, sorting mail either by hand or machine. Our main role is sorting mail/packets by hand or machine, bundling it into bags and containers in order for it to be forwarded to local delivery offices. As a sorter we needed to ensure parcels are in the right place for delivery or dispatch.
Get paid what your worth
Postman (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands AND Nuneaton16 November 2017
Royal Mail on the whole is a good place to work the work is good and you get paid what your worth. The only downside is like a lot of companies they try to make cuts which leaves the service not upto standard.
fun working place
Parcel Sorter (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands15 November 2017
i have learnt everything from royal mail about on how your sort out parcels and letters plus helping each other out as a team and listening to each others.
A typical day at Royal Mail
Royal Mail Postman (Former Employee) –  Norwich13 November 2017
As a postman I was for most of the day my own boss which was great but also the first part of my job we had to work as a team to make sure the mail was ready for delivery.
I enjoyed
Pays the bills
Bfwbnfrwnbfrwnbfnkbkrwnrw;kjnfrwkgr
Productive and fun workplace
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire13 November 2017
It is a great place to work with a stable structure and clearly defined roles and responsibilities. I have worked in both sales and marketing roles for over twenty years. Recently there is a focus on apprentices with apprentice schemes in several areas of Royal Mail including a B2B sales apprenticeship scheme.
Pros
Home working options
Cons
No advancement options
Ok if you are an athlete
Postman (Current Employee) –  Scotland11 November 2017
My contract is 5hours a day, but I'm told I have to start an hour earlier, and finish when I finish...the daily round is a walk between 12-15miles, with a lot of stairs. Nothing like the quoted distance at interview, it's impossible to finish the round in the allotted shift time, so you work late until it's done. There's masses of sickness, injury, people leave as soon as they start... unless u are an athlete avoid!
Pros
Massive weight loss?
Cons
Enforced overtime.very long daily walks.
Physical but fun
Postal delivery person (Former Employee) –  Bedford11 November 2017
Early starts were a must initially, with no time to get bored. Mornings would start with sorting mail and preparing for delivery. Always lots of chat going on as we worked, but it was fast paced so you needed to focus hard. Once on delivery it was nice to be on your own, however you nedded to be good at motivating yourself then as there was a lot to accomlish in the time allowed.
The managment were usually good at being flexible. Changing staff or routes at short notice to cope with unexpected problems, all done with good humour usually despite the stress.
Loved being out and about on delivery.
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Hard on the feet

Want to know more about Royal Mail?

Ask a question
fun and friendly
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton11 November 2017
active place of employment fast paced but also very laid back enviroment good people to work with ad for and would highly recomend seeking job here suitable hours allows social life and work life to live side by side
Pros
good hours
Cons
work is useualy seasonal
Hard but rewarding
Postman/Driver (Current Employee) –  Halstead10 November 2017
Royal Mails basic principle is that all mail and parcels are delivered. This means that in the delivery offices, there is always plenty to do. This is usually because there are not enough people to do the work and those that are there are not trained in enough duties in order to make the work force fully flexible. However, it can be very rewarding if not as well remunerated as it could be.
It was a happy work place
Postman (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands10 November 2017
I enjoyed my years at the royal mail they helped me get my driving licence and I only left because I wanted to try something new that is when I joined the HSS team.
Pros
Getting my driving licence
Cons
N/a
Postal Sorter (Former Employee) –  Derby Mail Centre9 November 2017
Royal Mail is a good place to work. The pay is good. The work is shift work depending on where you work. Delivery work is fixed working five days out of six with a different day off each week.The job is hard but the people you work with are good humoured. The hardest part of the job is not knowing how much Mail you to sort in fixed amount of time. The best thing was when all the Mail was sorted and dispatched on time.
I didn't work for the Royal Mail
RAC Breakdown Assistant & Fleet Incident Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester9 November 2017
I didn't work for the Royal Mail I just did a contract for them while working at the RAC. This all went very well and won the RAC a large contract. Which the management were really happy with.
network driver
network driver (Former Employee) –  Greenford8 November 2017
I joined royal mail as a delivery postman, and enjoyed every minute of it then went to work at royal mail heathrow when it opened up and that was very intresting too, and finally I returned to Greenford mail center as a network driver
Easy going work
Opg (Current Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire8 November 2017
Good job if want a part time job for rest of your life. Been working for the company for over 10 years & they have no interest on making people full time
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No full time
Postman
Postal Worker (Former Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear8 November 2017
accurate sorted of mail to under tight targets and deadlines.
Working in a good place to work
Very helpful to work within a big company.
very good company to work for,.
Cons
secure company to work for
Postman (Current Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex8 November 2017
variety of jobs and shifts, management options, busy, hard work at peak times, uniform supplied, canteen facilities, free parking, subsidised gym membership
Pros
free uniform
Cons
can be cold in winter
Fun and helpful staff
Post Women (Former Employee) –  Gairloch7 November 2017
Sort mail and parcels to be delivered on each individuals run check and fill post van.
To work in an efficient accurate and very quick manner.
Always helpful and in contact
very good
Sometimes the weather
Out and about in your van working and being able to enjoy the beautiful scenery at the same time
Pros
Drivind your own van
Cons
Relief as and when required

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal Mail. Our community is ready to answer.