Rolls-Royce Employee Reviews

Good work
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Patchway, Gloucestershire17 September 2017
Excellent company to work for great prospects
Good pension scheme
Reliable company I love to work for them again lots of job opportunities just a great company
Pros
Pension schemes
Rewarding .Job satisfaction.
Stores Operative (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol6 September 2017
We meet with our manager to discuss what is needed that day or for the week.Generate our own work on the computer.Pick,decant and sort products in to the right cages.Deliver to the relevent department in box vans.We learned their computer system,air cargo security,accuracy in picking parts and a fair bit about Aircraft Engines.As you would expect with a major company,the management teams are helpful and informative.Which all ties in with the workplace culture.Honestly, there was'nt a hard part to the job,due to the training and management ethos.Which made it a very nice enviroment to work in.
Pros
working hours, 9 day fortnight.(every other Friday off).Pay
Very good employer
Design Engineer (Sub-Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Derby23 August 2017
Typical Day: Involved heavily in challenging design work.
Learned: Pressure equipment design, Crane design
Management: Very well managed in within the department
Culture: Very relaxed atmosphere that lets you get on with the job.
Hardest Part: sometimes project timescales can be tight.
Most enjoyable: Friendly supportive people to work alongside.
Gained brilliant experience
apprenticeship programme in Engineering (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne22 August 2017
Unpaid work can never be fully enjoyable especially working the hours of 7:30-16:00 5 days a week. But i did gain some very valuable skills and assets which I am sure will help me in the future.
Pros
Long days unpaid
Cons
Good experience, recognized qualification.
Workplace
VTL (Former Employee) –  DERBY21 August 2017
Good place to work. Great machinery. Professional people.
Working on euro fighter intercases was challenging but rewarding. The material was titanium so very hard and stringy to cut.
Tolerances were +/_ .010 Microns over 8 metres.
Clean and friendly environment
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Barnoldswick, Lancashire21 August 2017
I found Rolls Royce the company to be a really enjoyable place to work. I found the company to be very friendly and reliable I also found the terms and conditions to be very good indeed the younger workers that is the apprentices were particularly well looked after in terms of on the job training and also the educational qualifications that they were helped to achieve as they went through their apprentice ship. There was also a lot of semi skilled workers employed there as well and the training the support and the follow up that they received was in my opinion of the highest order.
Pros
Paid breaks on shift work and good rates of pay
Cons
Travelling to and from work.
good
Case Management Specialist/ER Specialist (Former Employee) –  london14 August 2017
good, nice team, good employee beniftis, good location, good culture, salary is good, nice building, nice people, management is great, free food in mornigns
Great
Space Utilisation Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Derby10 August 2017
Rolls-Royce is a fantastic company to work for with a range of benefits. The office was welcoming and I found that a level flexibility in the working hours was possible.
Pinnacle of Engineering Excellence
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire9 August 2017
An intellectually stimulating environment with an astoundingly qualified yet personable and friendly workforce. Like any large company the management is often trying new business initiatives that may or may not be to the benefit of the office. Nevertheless the systems in place generally work very well and booking meeting rooms and retrieving human and electronic resources for project work is very simple. Everyone is very hardworking but by no means are they pushed to the limits like a junior investment banker. There is a competitive culture but everyone is very eager to help others with their own projects if they have the knowledge to be of assistance. Best part of the job was learning something new everyday and being able to help create innovative solutions at the highest level of engineering excellence in the UK.
Ok
Stores Operative (Former Employee) –  RAF Marham4 August 2017
Great place to work with easy access to get to your destination.
There are no hard parts to the role.
Workplace culture is to work in a safe environment.
Pros
Great place
Cons
Good company apart from all the temporary contract work.
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Birmingham31 July 2017
Well run established OEM. No pressure on shop floor regards getting work done just as long as it is correct. Majority of colleagues are top men well trained and friendly. Best place I have ever worked at by far. Management are very good and understanding and help if they can. Hardest part of the job is retaining interest and working on temp contracts. Most enjoyable part of the job is working in a relaxed atmosphere.
Pros
Full facilities, canteen, showers etcetera
Cons
Temporary contracts
production of blades for military aircraft ,very interesting work.
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  ansty ,coventry31 July 2017
very good work place,clean ,health and safety consious Rolls Royce staff very helpful and freindly made to feel welcome work as a team.i was working as a contract employee but still got treated with the same respect as a Rolls worker.
Pros
good wage and conditions
Cons
out of the way, in country side
Good place for internship
System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire26 July 2017
My internship as a Systems Design Engineer at Rolls-Royce developed my skillset and giave me a more critical outlook. In the placement, I worked in a team, writing high-level software requirements for control sub-systems of the Trent 7000 engine, which addressed important safety concerns such as turbine over-speed. As part of the design process, I gave technical presentations outlining my control solutions to senior colleagues, internal stakeholders and the customer.
challenging project
University of Oxford - Projects Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire25 July 2017
All projects are challenging and characterised by a high technical content and direct contact with top engineering and managers at Rolls Royce. Good mixx of experimental and numerical work
It is a very funny workplace with a nice environment
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol24 July 2017
You can learn many skills in the workplace. It's a very friendly environment and I'd like to have a future there. The salary is also very impressive.
Pros
You could leave early some days of your week
Fun workplace, friendly team
Aeroplane engine inspector (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire24 July 2017
Was for work experience and they welcomed me very well and showed me everything I needed to know and more to get the knowledge known if I was to go into the field
Pros
Good team work
Cons
Not there long enough
Aeronautical engineer
Aeronautical Engineer (Former Employee) –  East Kilbride, South Lanarkshire20 July 2017
Serving my time at rolls Royce there was a lot of opportunities they are a great company to work for I learned many skills within my time in the company
Pros
Pension
Excellent
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol18 July 2017
Friendly, leading company
progression through responsibility
innovative mindsets
brilliant graduate scheme
diverse
multinational opportunities abroad.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
cost squeeze
A fun and happy place to work in. No pressure or stress.
Propulsion, Electrical and Avionics Engineer (Former Employee) –  RAF Marham15 July 2017
A great environment to work in: safe and secure plus a salary and sick pay, that is a real bonus. I really enjoyed my time working there, and I would strongly recommend working for them if you are thinking of being employed with them.
Pros
Lovely enviroment, never a dull moment, plenty of varied and exciting work.
great place to work
Paint Sprayer / Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Liverpool13 July 2017
Great place to work and brilliant company.This job was very interesting being in oil and gas industry.Rolls Royce is a prestige name and i was very proud of that.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rolls-Royce. Our community is ready to answer.