RESTAURANT ASSOCIATES

RESTAURANT ASSOCIATES Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
enjoyed my time
Dept General Manager (Current Employee), HeathrowJuly 1, 2013
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: not many
great managers
great team
sometimes long hours but enjoyed every one of them
Proactive,Consistent,and Productive
Host (Former Employee), Atlanta,GaApril 9, 2014
Pros: great pay, excellent staff
Cons: no set schedule
The Restaurant Associates team was excellent and professional i gained an excessive amount of training and knowledge while being of the team.
enjoyable work environment
Duetsche Bank Executive Dining Room (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 6, 2014
Great place to work. had to leave to be closer to home and pursue to another opportunity.
fun, productive
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee), 32a constant spring Road, Kingston JamaicaMarch 17, 2014
very productive and conducive to employees needs.
A typical day at work? nothing about working at Restaurant Associate was typical, its a fun,yet seriously productive place.
Working there for almost ten years have taught me the art of GOOD customer service and that is a lesson i"ll take with me wherever life leads me.
My co-workers/ staffs were some – more... of the best people around.The hardest part of the job have to be the day when one of your customers leave your store unhappy.
Serving your customer with a smile at all times and having them return your the favor by bringing new potential customers to your establishment is always a great day. – less
Restaurant Associates
Event Hostess (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 16, 2014
fast paced environment.
Ability to lift, carry, and balance objects.
Expanded my cooking skills
Cook (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 11, 2014
Prepared different ethnic dishes for US open and JFK airport.
Excellent Employer
Bartender (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 5, 2014
Many and great opportunities within the company. Very structured, and well rounded source if you're a person looking into being part of the Food & Beverage Industry.
Company could use improvement
Barista (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJJanuary 26, 2014
Co-workers are nice and friendly to work with. Management doesn't make me conformortable working there. Conflicting guidence and treat their employees terrible. .
Fun place to work
Bartender/Waiter (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 22, 2014
Enjoyed working there but need a change. Learned the ins and outs of catering, customer satisfaction and commitment to quality.
Productive and creative workplace with room for innovation
Internship (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 17, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
A typical day was extremely busy where you were always on your feet constantly but it was fun. I learned how to fast under pressure. My boss was very easy to work with. My coworkers were friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was the day ended. The most enjoyable part of the job was just the joy of helping people.
Fast Paced and Rewarding
Prep Cook (Current Employee), Cambridge, MANovember 18, 2013
Prep Food and maintail station during Dining Hours. Supportive management. Learned new techniques and cooking methods.
was able to see a variety of events such as corporate meetings as well as weddings
Butler-Waiter (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 14, 2013
Pros: free food
Cons: back breaking, lifting heavy equipment
was on your feet the entire event from set up to break down.
worked with a variety of people some hard workers to some that took advantage of others hard work
dealing with the customers is great
Micro Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYNovember 12, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: when we short staff
placing orders making sure the staff is doing there job helping with delivery and the staff is great
Diverse Work Area
Café Shift Supervisor/Acctg Staff (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 11, 2013
I love how the job is always exciting. We serve not just healthy meal but a smile that gives our customers joy and great experience in the museum. Everyday at work is always a great challenge for me because our patrons are very much diverse and challenging in a way. I learned a lot about troubleshooting our registers and network which came very handy – more... because i had finished computer science for my undergraduate. Managing and shifting people around was also a challenge. Learning how to motivate your employees to strive harder and love their jobs are the best part of the job. – less
Stressful Environment
Cook (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: great co-workers, learning experience
Cons: healthcare, short breaks
The environment can be very hostile & unpleasant, not among co-workers but upper management. The hardest part of the job is exceeding expectations of management without feeling pressured and not risk the chance of losing employment or getting written up, if their expectations haven't been met.
Fun place to have worked for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 6, 2013
The most enjoyable part of that job was helping creating charity events
Observe and manage, come up with menu's
Sous Chef (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 26, 2013
Pros: if you lack imagination and need to have someone alse do your thinking, by all means go for it
Cons: no life with family, no creativity, not really enjoyable, management is the enemy for lazhy workers that know they cant get fired
Kitchen is a union run kitchen, so as a chef/manager you do not do much cooking. Not good for imagination. If you want to be a mindless drowne and work for a corpotation, you will love this place.
i enjoy my time at Restaurant Associates
Head Cashier (Former Employee), new york nyAugust 24, 2013
was the longer job i've held i learned a lot met great people was a change of life for me.
NYs Premier Catering Service
Catering Staff (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 10, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: healthcare
Fast paced environment. Never a boring day at work. Exciting new events everyday. Service to celebrities and politicians. Learned all levels of fine dining. Management team was on their game and made sure staff always worked professionally and efficiently. Co-workers were always team players. Loading equipment into trucks during the cold winter months – more... was the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was how it change daily. – less
day at work
Beverage Manager /KC Café Manager (Former Employee), Washington DCJuly 30, 2013
I was extremely honored to have worked in such a prestigious building. There was a time for about a 6 month stretch were I was running two departments within the organization. The KC Cafe was remodeling but had no manager. So based my prior casual dining experience, I was appointed to spearhead the operations aspect of the remodel and re opening while – more... maintaining my current position as beverage manager. My day consisted of being in two places at one time (sometimes three or four depending on what was needed with banquets and employee cafeteria). Properly planning my day , precise staffing and a constant rotation ("figure 8") from area to area provide for my success at this. – less

1 2 3

About RESTAURANT ASSOCIATES

Capital Restaurant Concepts operates about a dozen upscale dining establishments in Washington, DC, encompassing more than half – Read more