Renfrewshire Council Employee Reviews

excellent council
ICT Senior Technician (Current Employee) –  Paisley, Renfrewshire9 October 2017
very good council to work for excellent salary flexible working hours training offered regularly good people to work with management are good well organised
Pros
flexi
Cons
no cons
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Paisley, Renfrewshire5 October 2017
This is a great place to work if you don't mind an early start. 4 on 4 off rota is good as u get weekends off. You also get paid more for public holidays and annual leave is good.
Pros
Contract, 4 on 4 off rota
Cons
Early start
Ok
Senior Administrator (Current Employee) –  Renfrewshire17 August 2017
Working for Renfrewshire Council is ok, however there continues to be additional work given to staff members with no additional payments for staff picking up work for staff that have left
Polling Clerk/Information Officer (Current Employee) –  Paisley27 July 2017
Assisting voters at polling station and makes you feel worthwhile in the overall process. Ensuring easy running of the long day and helping the public when needed
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Cash Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Paisley, Renfrewshire27 July 2017
The council is a fast paced and demanding working environment however is very rewarding and the Customer Service team are great. There are options for advancement within the council.
enjoyed work force
Cleaner part time (Former Employee) –  renfrewshire house16 June 2017
enjoyed working with the council staff were always friendly and they paid well i learned how to work machinery properly did a svq 2 management were always helpful all the staff got on with everyone they were so nice the hardest part was leaving i was sad the most enjoyable part of the job was the clients were happy with my work and everyone called you by your name
Pros
discount in the leisure
Cons
didnt get time to use it
Every day is a school day!
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Paisley, Renfrewshire12 June 2017
A typical day at work is very tiring!
You can be doing admin duties to first Aid and every day is different.
Management are approachable and usually accommodate your needs.
Hardest part of the job is trying to split yourself between all tasks although working in a school depending on situation the children come first!
I really enjoy having the balance of working in an office and having the experience of working with the children
Pros
School Holidays
Cons
Tiring!
Quantity Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Paisley29 May 2017
Good place to work, employer who is keen for staff to develop and grow. Many interesting and excitiing prospects within organisation and always encouragement to progress
great hours and advancement opportunities
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Paisley, Renfrewshire23 May 2017
Great hours and the chance to retrain in different services. In customer service and most positions at Cotton Street it's a really regular 9-5 schedule with a subsidised cafe on site for lunches as well as fridges and microwaves in the staff break room.
It was a rewarding job.
Home Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Paisley, Renfrewshire3 March 2017
I enjoyed working and helping the people I cared for on a day to day basis.I felt I made a difference to their quality of life.it allowed them to stay in their own homes.I enjoyed listening to their life stories and family occasions and taking care of their needs. I
Pros
Making a difference.
Cons
Sad times when you client passed away.
Too many cuts
HGV Driver (Current Employee) –  Paisley, Renfrewshire28 November 2016
Employed as a Hgv driver for waste services, not enough staff far too much work lots of staff off with work related stress, taking on temporary worked hard then paid off as there is no money. Poor management, senior management don't care about workers well being all about getting the bins off the streets, lack of uniforms, blame culture for chargehands and management, if it wasn't for the temporary workers praying to get kept on then lots more work would not get done, getting followed in a van by management, pulled in for anything small although zero praise given. Good money and terms hellish job with the cuts to budgets. And poor management.
Pros
Salary, pension, sickpay
Cons
Long hours, stressful, not enough staff, management
productive and fun workplace
Community Sports Coach (Former Employee) –  paisley2 October 2016
I gained a lot of experience and knowledge working here. My colleagues made each day enjoyable and looked forward to working each day. The management were very approachable and sorted out any queries fairly fast.
work
housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Paisley9 July 2016
this job was the same as my current job I was in this as work experience and got a part tine job.ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff.
Exemplar workplace
Social Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Paisley4 February 2016
I honestly can't speak the unit I was at up enough. Fantastic team of people continued training and under a very hands on and approachable manager.
Good Satisfied working Team Environment
Classroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Permanent to the Region of Renfrewshire20 January 2016
Working within a small team of Classroom Assistants with Teachers and Senior Management towards the goal of Allowing all children the Opportunity to access Curriculum Aid and Assistance where required to enhance their learning and abiltity, to support and encourage them to perform to their best ability within the class or in small groups, contributing and being active in their social skills towards others, supervision of their social interactions and emotonal and physical support where required.

I learned many things from this role in it's different forms in Primary and High School, from playing my part in an administrative capacity to being A support towards The General Wellbeing of each Pupil in the Class to which I was allocated.

I had very little dealing with Management, My first postion after training had a staff appraisal about threemonths in, where I got the opportunity to apply myself to the possibility of further traing and set some small goal targets.

I worked with a small team, where the working atmosphere was pleasant and enjoyable.

I loved this job so much I struggle to find the hard part, perhaps expectations at times, where time was short and prioritising duties was a matter of perception.

Everything about this Job made me career satisfied. I enjoyed seeing children of a varied range, enjoy their Education, try hard to reach their goals with encouragement, participate with others and being able to gain the respect of Pupils I worked with and their peers.
Pros
Working Hours
Great Company to work for
Sessional Youth Worker (Current Employee) –  Paisley, SCT24 November 2015
A fantastic company to work for. Treat their staff well and will always try and help you as much as possible. Always ways of moving to different parts of the business including different departments
It was good for work experiance learned alot
Plumber / Joiners Mate (Former Employee) –  Paisley, SCT22 August 2015
Renfreshire council was only a 6 week work experience however I learned how it would be to be an council worker , I gained more skills and knowledge about the trade I was doing , everyone was friendly and willing to teach me.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Paisley, SCT8 July 2015
I learned so much about myself, others and how to be an effective teacher

Senior management were so supportive and caring

Co-workers were also very nice and supportive
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
good job close to where i live
HGV Driver (Full Time Temp) (Current Employee) –  paisley29 January 2015
good place to work only reason temporary job unsure of job security with job cuts
educational
Joinery (work experience) (Former Employee) –  Paisley10 August 2014
i liked my work experience with Renfrewshire council because i met a lot of new people and friends who i am still in contact with today and i also learned a lot off new things
Pros
learned a lot
Cons
lofg hours and tiring