QinetiQ North America Employee Reviews

Feels like no one cares
unknown (Current Employee) –  England11 November 2017
All I feel I should say is that this has not been an enjoyable experience for me. I would not recommend QinetiQ as a place of work. However, I would recommend QinetiQ for there great R & D department and training facilities for pilots and astronauts.
Challenging and varied working environment
Direct Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Farnborough6 September 2017
I worked at QintetiQ during its transition from Public Sector to a Private company. This was a fascinating and challenging role helping to bring about the cultural change required during this period of change.
monotonous work with poor management.
Craftsman (Current Employee) –  Sevenoaks18 July 2017
Very old fashioned approach to advancement. (Dead man's shoes). enjoyed very little about working there. Very monotonous work for poor pay. also, the benefits offered were hardly worth bothering with.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Boring work
QinetiQ a Friend
MoD Boscombe Down, Data Manager (Former Employee) –  Boscombe Down22 May 2017
One of the best companies I have worked for. Flexible understanding and forward thinking. Only left because they couldn't keep me busy enough........
Great education in future career
Aeronautical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Amesbury, Wiltshire20 May 2017
QinetiQ has given me many skills which will be very useful in my future career. I have also gained qualifications while in their employment. QinetiQ will have enabled me to continue with my once I leave their employment.
Great invention culture for technology research
Managing Director (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London2 May 2017
Highly scientific organisation with main business relationship with U.K. ministry of defence. Due to protected and regulated market space, highly developed managment skills with least exposure to commercial leadership. A great opportunity to grow internationally depending on successful cultural transformation.
Pros
Scientific expertise
Cons
Commercialisation
A great place to be creative in your thinking
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Salisbury6 April 2017
I spent many happy years within QinetiQ and its previous forms. Loved the ability to come up with an idea and to then see it implemented. The organisation offers an extensive range of opportunity. Loved doing flight test and the days when flying was a possibility.
Pros
be what you want to be
Cons
none really
Stores
Stores Manager (Former Employee) –  Shoeburyness, Essex6 February 2017
As part of the MOD QinetiQ supply goods and services to Falness island batteries (sites)

Stores is the heart of the operation supplying anything from PPE to Milk to keep the site going.
Pros
Hours of work
Cons
Salery is very poor
Learning Experience
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Boscombe Down3 February 2017
During my time at QinetiQ, I was learning about the site and what each area of the site does. I really enjoyed viewing the hangars and seeing how the different components of an aircraft fit together. It was only work experience for me so I didn't have any duties, but it was an enjoyable week.
Pros
A fun learning experience
Cons
N/a
Lovely company to work for pleasent and lovely staff
Project Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Farnborough, Hampshire30 January 2017
A typical day at work consisted of raising new network codes, new project codes and new activity codes. I was also responsible for closing down old codes. The management were kind and pleasant and a great office atmosphere
QinetiQ a defence company which has lost its way. It runs a matrrix management structure which leave people to fend for themselves has a blame culture
Techical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sevenoaks, Kent13 December 2016
The management structure fragments the organisation and leave many to fend for themselves. The middle management cannot make decisions and what decisions that are made are taken without recourse to evidence or advice. The company used to be internationally recognised for scientific research but has almost completely left this area and has become a service provider. Unfortunately many of the staff which have been lostrying are those who are key to providing the service. I don'the consider that the company will have a presence in the Sevenoaks area for mu have longer.
Pros
Good training
Cons
No long term prospects
The work was excellent management and training awful
Intellectual Property (IP) Specialist (Former Employee) –  Farnborough14 November 2016
For this role (previously referred to as Trainee Intellectual Property (IP) Specialist) I was to be trained and support the legal team within the department.

this role included drafting of NDA's, Licence Agreements, Assignments, for review by the solicitors. In addition, I Had to learn company policy and procedures, when handling Intellectual Property and DEFCONs which by the end of December I had learned extensively.

Skills I learned: drafting, which has more recently become very relevant for me personally and I have since expanded on the knowledge developed from working there, I also learned the importance of keeping a log of every: correspondence, company policy, work on going/completed and especially dates of particular events.

The problems existed in that there was no follow up to tasks and no formal review process for my training, except once, which was never followed up from.

Co-workers: - brilliant, nice, efficient and all technically gifted and intelligent

Management: - Tough on everyone with little to no reason, bought the morale of the team down to levels I have never experienced before nor since in any situation where team work and leadership are vital qualities.

Most enjoyable: - Co-workers and carrying out tasks which did not rely on communicating with certain individuals that treated me indifferently.

Hardest part: - As it was a training role having to ask for help and that help not always forthcoming, if at all.
Pros
supportive colleges
Cons
management
Technical
Resourcing Managing Partner (Former Employee) –  Resourcing Business Partner7 November 2016
interesting products, interesting people, , uk based roles, challenging roles, good locations, good gym, ex mod, culture challenge, increasing commercial focus
Becoming more corporate
Consultancy Category Lead (Current Employee) –  Farnborough18 April 2016
Recent organisation changes should be good for QinetiQ and allow it to realise its potential. The most enjoyable part is to be able to develop my staff in an environment where no one day is the same.
Positive, rewarding and friendly place to work.
Senior Airworthiness Engineer (Current Employee) –  Amesbury6 March 2016
Good work life balance, with a good corporate induction. A great team ethic and positive work life balance whilst still being challenged professionally. Great benefits, shares and pension policies in place.
Pros
Positive work life balance with excellent benefits, shares and pension policy
Cons
Wrong location for my family
Decent work colleagues, outdated equipment and facilities and bad management
Apprentice Avionics Aircraft Technician (Former Employee) –  Salisbury5 March 2016
QinetiQ was filled with decent people, that counted a large amount to the ratings I have left above. they offered a relatively high level of pay for the role I was in as an apprentice.

however this is counteracted by the attitude of management. We were treated as second rate employees, we would be expected to follow rules that were not followed by non-apprentice employees, despite being told this would never happen.

the equipment that we were forced to use was extremely outdated, and often designed for different purposes. The equipment was also very prone to malfunction and faults. this would often lead to questions on if the results were valid or not. definitely not a situation you would like to be in when working on aircraft.
Pros
extremely cheap lunches at mess hall
Cons
attitude of management, condition of supplied equipment
An exciting and interesting company
Head of Procurement Systems Project (Interim) (Former Employee) –  Farnborough4 March 2016
• Development of automated approvals capability (SAP SRM). To include policies and processes to ensure compliance in line with business strategy
• Project management of technical and functional work streams to ensure delivery to business specification and agreed budget
• Management & development of training, change & communication strategies to launch new system capability and business processes
• Delivery of awareness road shows and training across 50 sites and approx. 3000 users with face to face, WebEx and e-learning methods
Full of Energy, Ethusiasim and Excitement
Deputy Financial Controller (Current Employee) –  Farnborough15 February 2016
A typical day at work is Liaising with members of the Leadership team and delivering results.

The hardest part of my job is getting everyone to sit down and prepare a budget.

I love the engagement with people and delivering to deadlines, I am passionate about my work, but I am now looking for a new challenge.
Pros
Free Parking
The management team left a lot to be desired.
Security Guard/Escort (Former Employee) –  ENG14 October 2015
I worked as part of a 3 man security escort team, escorting workers on site working on the sea wall project. I had a great time with the 2 guys I worked with and we really bonded and worked well together. I also made many friends within the security team on-site as well as the workers. I felt the management did not look after the workers on site very well and in so doing did not get the best out of the employees.
Pros
Great bunch of people to work with
Great Job
Range Worker (Former Employee) –  shoeburyness26 August 2015
Overall it was a brilliant job, very interesting and learnt quit a lot. Great people to work with, they were very nice and helped as much as they could.
Was a great shame the contract ended as would have stayed.
Pros
close to home
Cons
some very heavy work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at QinetiQ North America. Our community is ready to answer.