Priory Group Employee Reviews

Shocking
Mental Health Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Edgbaston, West Midlands19 September 2017
I went for a interview for priory westbourne in edgbaston, i completed the first stages and was invited to meet some of the residents which i could not attend when they asked as i was on holiday! So I basically got told I couldn't go any further with my application(even though i had passed interview and assessments)
This really annoyed me as its not professional at all.
Once i was back from my holiday they got in touch with me asking me to go in and meet residents which i did... i got asked a number of questions which i aswered, i then was told i would be contacted later that day.. ive not heard off them since(which was around 2months ago) .. Fair enough if i did not pass this stage but i find it ever so frustrating and rude they did not get in touch to tell me this like they said they would!
Would not recommend working for this sham of a company because quite frankly they have zero respect for any of their staff or people that take up their own time going to interviews.
Not good employment
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Leyland, Lancashire8 September 2017
Not a good company to work for! Staff are not valued to this company you are just a number hence the turnover off staff. My main issue with the priory is quite often safeguarding issues were not reported to the outside agencies they should of been reported to in other words brushed under the carpet! Certain managers within the company are bias . There are certain rules in place for example if you are related to another team member or in a relationship you are not allowed to work in the same home this is understandable therefore management should also adhere to the same rules. It is not good practice for managers who live together to also work together .
Pros
Pay is higher than some care agencies
Cons
To many to list
Overall
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Pontypool, Torfaen6 September 2017
Low pay for long hours.
Seniors get paid to sit around all day or spend time drinking tea and smoking. Support staff are running around like headless chickens working hard whilst seniors sit and watch tv and wont offer to help to give support workers a break.
Lots of in house biccering and moaning about other staff having annual leave and weekends off when in fact they could have the same. These are the staff that pick up overtime or extra shifts then moan they don't get a weekend off.
Apart from those few problems it is a nice place and staff are genuinely all nice and friendly they just need to relax and stop being negative towards each other. They are very good with the service users very compassionate and professional they just spoil the team with all the backstabbing.
Pros
Lovely client's and team
Cons
Low pay
Forward thinking workplace
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bere Alston, Devon5 September 2017
Good place to work ever changing to meet specific autism needs.
At times very challenging ,support always on hand a continual learning curve ,one of the biggest lessons I learnt was how to remain calm to be able to help a student in crisis and to be a role model providing stability and trust.
Pros
Commitment to ongoing learning
Cons
Long shifts
Lack of support
Staff Nurse Band 5 (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire3 September 2017
A good place to work - good pay and benefits. However, generally left to run the ward with a lack of management support. More support required especially in the medium secure units.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Long shifts that don't always end on time for the qualified staff.
You can make a difference
Bank support worker (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire1 September 2017
No two days are the same. Unpaid online training. Fingerprint clock-in system. Hardest part is occasional aggression from service users. Can feel rewarding but tiring.
Pros
Efficient payroll
Cons
Aggression
The Job
Director of Clinical Services (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire29 August 2017
The hospital, staff and environment made it a very pleasing place to work. Though I would have felt a greater part of the service and its delivery if I could have had more time to spend with the patients and the staff. To be able to hear their views and concerns, then act upon them, giving them a greater voice and input into the service they were receiving and working in.
Pros
Patients & Staff
Cons
Not enough time to spend with the staff
Senior Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow21 August 2017
Priory group is a great place to work and instills professional approach in a friendly environment with colleagues who work together for the needs of the service users in a person centred environment.
Pros
Having a job that makes a difference.
Cons
Acclaimed mental health and rehabilitation service
Client Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Middleton18 August 2017
Receiving from NHS and private patients seeking mental health or rehabilitation services appropriate to their needs. Efficiency was paramount in sufficiently placing individuals referred from the NHS to services within a specific time frame. A collaborative approach working as a team and NHS services, further by specialised training for private referrals seeking relevant support ensuring person centered engagement. Working within a supportive team and knowledgeable managers and leaders.
Good Place to work
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Abbey House Malvern12 August 2017
I Started at Abbey House as a student nurse and I enjoyed my placement so much I then went on the bank as a CSW after I qualified as a RUN I was offered a full time post. I worked there for 3 years I have now moved on out of the area and I had to leave my job. Over all I very much enjoyed my work at Abbey House and I felt supported by senior staff. The teams works well for the good of the patients.i wish Abbey House and all the staff well.Great place to work.
Staff Nurse RMN.
Pros
Supervision.parking.free food.
Cons
Long hours .but thats nursing for you.
Good job helpful work colleagues
Support Worker/Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, Greater London8 August 2017
Working in care is rewarding . On the job training yearly good rate off pay. free meals. discounts on health care dentist etc. Free car park . Long hours but good number off days off. focus employer
Pros
Free lunch breakfast and dinner
Cons
something different to the everyday job
Senior Healthcare Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire6 August 2017
i enjoyed working for the priory, everyday was different but now I'm ready for a change. My daily duties consist of counting money, checking in patients, carrying out medical observations, taking blood pressure, I was infection control leader.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
long 12 hour shifts
Brilliant Company
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Tadley, Hampshire3 August 2017
Really great company to work for. The young people make every shift different and the management couldn't be more supportive. I have also never worked for a company that offers so much support in terms of free training. I can't think of anything negative to say about my ongoing experience with Priory.
Pros
Culture of support and training
Cons
Can't think of one
Interesting Place to work
HR Administrator (Current Employee) –  South West31 July 2017
No day is ever the same here so it is good if you don't want a repetitive job.

Management are ok but seem to be too thinly spread to achieve what they need to or progress in the areas needed.

Staff are pretty good all want to help and are very friendly

Salary is really low compared to industry average and currently looking for other work due to low pay, it's a shame as I enjoy my role I just think that they would get better people (and more out of the ones they have) if they paid them properly.

Staff seem overworked they don't employ enough people and run team on bare minimum, I get the impression that due to this everything is rushed/last minute as people just don't have the time to contribute. Again if workloads were shared between more staff I think they could do some amazing things and they have great potential.
Pros
Friendly, good ethos
Cons
Pay is Low
Not bad but could be better
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Newbury, Berkshire30 July 2017
Working with the public, police and council to keep areas clean and safe around the local area. Garden clearances and litter removal and graffiti removal. Working with the public and other officials to liaise with the community and to make the community a safer and better place.
Not well led or person centred
SUPPORT WORKER (Current Employee) –  South East26 July 2017
Just look up the latest CQC inspection for their supported living.

Management couldn't care less about their staff. Frequent errors in pay and the correct equipment is not available to do the job well. Management expect support staff to do many tasks that should be completed by someone more senior. Appraisals and supervisions rarely take place.

You do the job out of care and loyalty to the service users, not the company.
Pros
Service users
Cons
Lack of management
Great company to work for
Positive Behaviour Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Dover, Kent19 July 2017
Priory are a great company to work for. They are very flexible with staff that have young children and try to accommodate for everyone. I thoroughly enjoy working for them and my manager is a very good manager. He always ensures that his staff are up to date with training and offers support where he can.
enjoyable place to work
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Potters Bar, Hertfordshire17 July 2017
very enjoyable place to work, gets very busy. staff are very friendly and welcoming. very fast paced environment so you need to be on your toes. get lots of training on the job also
Horrific company to work for!!
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Devon16 July 2017
I wouldn't ask my worst enemy to work for this company.

Parasite like, they will suck the life out of you. There is no compassion or support. Higher management are a complete joke. More interested in meeting budgets and making cuts. Ridiculous food allowances of less than a fiver for each person living at a service a day.

Rotten to the core - avoid at all costs!
Pros
The service users. Most of whom would be better with other providers!
Cons
Working for the company in general. Wages, lack of support, management
Fun work place
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Isle of Wight7 July 2017
Typical day involves getting the YP up and ready for school , going into school with them, coming back to residence and doing activities going out into the community getting ready for dinner bath supper then bed.
Pros
Yp are a joy to work with
Cons
staffing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Priory Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9