Primark Employee Reviews

Extremely high tempo working environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Hanley20 November 2017
No typical day or week in Primark, constant changing environment, with the need for variety in communication skills and clear expectations set for myself and my team. A day would involve a variety of stock management controls for the whole store, conducting commercial walks and challenging decisions being made by all my managers. Ensuring the working environment was kept compliant and in line with company procedures and processes.
Dealing with multiple floors and departments ensuring a balance across the store as a whole is created and setting clear plans and being organised throughout a day and week.
Replying to emails and launching any company communication.
The culture was vast with a broad range of experience, and dealing with pros and cons daily from all staff and management.
Dealing with poor performing management, a long process, which I have been hands on with during a long period of time.
The rewards of KPIs and involving the whole store within those successes, ensuring all are aware and bringing the team together.
Pros
people worked with fast paced culture
Cons
limited progression
BUSY but fun
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim20 November 2017
Primark is fantastic to work for and the main (if not only) negatives seem to be caused by customers, patience is essential! most staff management etc have an understanding of this and everyone works together to beat the busy periods . A lot of good friends made here too
Pros
Good pay, good tea break lengths
Cons
A lot of work expected from staff
Okay for weekend work
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hammersmith, Greater London20 November 2017
This job is great if you don't mind repetitive work. The managers are quite inconsiderate to how messy the store does get whilst it is open. Pay is fine and great for a weekend job. Customers are often rude but there will be (occasionally) customers that are understanding and kind. Store floor are always friendly and kind.
Pros
Great for a weekend job and there's always overtime
Cons
Managers are often oblivious and inconsiderate and messy customers.
Very Busy
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire19 November 2017
Mentally prepare yourself for a busy day and working hard, if you can't work at a fast pace this is not the job for you. Good work environment, mostly friendly staff and management.
Good selection of products
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eastbourne, East Sussex19 November 2017
The good thing I found about Primark is they have a good selection of clothes for adults and children, shoes, bags and accessories and homeware all at low prices
Pros
Free tea & coffee
Cons
Folding clothes
Ok place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester17 November 2017
Ok company to work with, no sense of respect for staff or those who have worked there for a long time. No bonus, not good pay, no discounts, same job day in day out. HR not very helpful, overall a real thankless job.
Pros
1 hour dinner break
Cons
Too many
Workplace and Skills
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brierley Hill16 November 2017
Good place to work for 16-25 who are looking for experience in retail. While working at Primark you learn key skills and gain confidence as you have to deal with different people on a daily bases.
Pros
Overtime available
Cons
Same task everyday
great place to work
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Wakefield14 November 2017
My first proper job and I loved it, I learn many things whilst working here and a lot of new skills, after working here my confidence had improved massively. great members of staff to work with.
Okay for weekend job for younger person
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eastbourne, East Sussex14 November 2017
This job is okay for someone who is looking for a first job to earn their own money, once I started gaining bills in my private life such as rent, I had to leave to find something more financially stable.
work hours
Till Operator (Former Employee) –  Rotherham14 November 2017
the working hours are not friendly if you have a family or other activities you do out of work , the management was great listened to everything i had to say and worked with me whilst there .
Great Work Environment
HR Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire13 November 2017
Supportive and fun working environment, excellent management and opportunities to progress for those who wish to do so. Real team-spirit with a positive approach to a challenging customer services role.
Productive and amiable workplace
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peterborough13 November 2017
Only short hours contracted, but plenty of over-time available
Welcoming and friendly staff, regardless of rank
Customer-Staff relations are very welcoming and friendly, also
Pros
Job opportunities
Cons
Not enough holiday
Productive and fun work place
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  London13 November 2017
My typical day in my work place is almost the same every day . I try to give my best every day , giving a good costumer service , controling the stock and kepping nice and tidy my department .
Pros
lunch time
Cons
stress
productive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woking12 November 2017
In this place i learn to work in a busy enviroment where i interact with the clients . I worked under pressure , but i always done good and I am happy that i had the chance to work with them.
Fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire11 November 2017
A typical day includes putting delivery onto the shop floor, folding clothes, serving customers on the tills then folding for clothes in order to make the standard of the shop look good.
Pros
People that you work with
Cons
Lack of pay/overtime
its fun-ish
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester11 November 2017
the salary is awful, if you are on the shop floor best prepare to enter a battlefield. customers are generally awful shop floor is a mess but staff are good with each other
Pros
funny events
Cons
bad pay
Disgusting supervisors
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham Fort10 November 2017
There is not much to say about birmingham primark at the fort its a terrible place to work mangement are pervy and bullies especially shah and parvz this is not the place to work if you are a young female also you get no support or help with work and kept behind even if a minute late
Pros
Cons
Filthy managers and supervisors under paid no support
Porductive and friendly
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield10 November 2017
A friendly company, accepting of all employees. Strong management leadership and support. Challenging time scales with completing jobs each day but always kept busy.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  London10 November 2017
It is overall a fun place to work, the people who you work with are helpful. Furthermore it also busy and you are always on your feet. The best thing I have learned is how to work with others.
work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear10 November 2017
i quite enjoyed working at primark, it was a busy fast paced envrionment and i learnt a lot about customers and working on tills. i didnt enjoy the hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Primark. Our community is ready to answer.