Primark Employee Reviews

Repetitive and Boring
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne19 February 2018
Expected to do far more than what you get paid minimum wage to do, some of the workers are nice, most are miserable, probably due to how boring and repetitive the job is. Only positive is that the job is very simple but then again, that just makes the day drag. Also very strict with holidays.
Pros
making friends
Cons
boring
Stressful and unfriendly staff management
Sales and customer advisor (Former Employee) –  Tottenham Court Road19 February 2018
It was a not so good experience. The management staff was very unpleasant to the employees. The communication was very poor and employees were not respected. I would say the management was very poor
Pros
Paid Extra hours
Cons
not flexible
Friendly and fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, Derbyshire18 February 2018
A young workforce that is fun to work for and excellent as a first job from school. Everyone seems happy to be there and are very sociable with each other. I would love to go back.
Pros
Town Centre location
Cons
Early morning starts
Great family dynamic
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Livingston, West Lothian18 February 2018
Great place to work although pay and benefits are not great. Staff are really close and are the best part of working here. Management are friendly but do not have the best communication.
Pros
Colleagues are like family
Cons
Little opportunity for career progression
Average
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire18 February 2018
same thing every weekend, gets boring.
people are great to workwith.
lots of rude customers.
always something to do to keep yourself busy.
management team are decent.
Boring Place to work
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford18 February 2018
The work place is very boring and managers are very hypocritical and patronising. I would never recommend to work here unless you want to be bored doing useless jobs
Pros
Cons
Boring
Good place to get experiance in retail
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Marble Arch17 February 2018
Good place to get experience, but really busy, people are often skiving and avoiding supervisors and in busy environment is hard to catch everyone who is skiving
Good atmosphere
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sheffield17 February 2018
Primark is generally a very good employer. It is good for students, people who need additional source of income and a part-time job. They are very flexible with your schedule and atmosphere at work is really nice. There is no stress at all and all of the staff and managers are easygoing and friendly.
Pros
atmosphere
Cons
pay
retail assistant
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redditch15 February 2018
job was terrible, managers take you for a joke and do silly things. the managers are hypocrites and do exactly what they tell you not too do and its boring.
Fun working environment
Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames, Greater London14 February 2018
A typical work day in Primark was challenging, management was very poor and the hours would train you. As a retail assistant, I was helping customers with locating items and also answering any customers enquires regarding Primark items and services.
Pros
Holiday bonuses and Staff discount
Cons
Long hours and unorganised management
Not a great place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham13 February 2018
This was my first part time job, as much as I appreciated the opportunity to finally have a job. The working environment was very toxic, I was extremely unhappy with the management here.
Cons
No extra hour payment, long hours
Worst place to work
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Croydon13 February 2018
Management and staff are so rude, they make you feel uncomfortable and never allow you to develop skills within the business, by far the worst job I have had
Good fun if you enjoy working hard, which I do.
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redditch, Worcestershire13 February 2018
Not a bad place to work, I would have stayed if I had had a choice but they were not taking on at the time. I was a temporary Christmas worker enjoying every minute of my time interacting with the public.
Pros
Good canteen.
Cons
Never got away on time.
Terrible job with lack of variation.
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Rushden13 February 2018
Despite what your contract says, you will more than likely not be on the department you're assigned to.

Typical jobs during 90% of your shifts will involve folding T-Shirts for the entirety of your shift.

Management isn't the worst however that depends on which management member you're talking to as they seem to have their favourites.

Not allowed to talk even when working as you will be forced to split up which then lowers productivity as everybody is made to feel like it's a prison sentence.

the most enjoyable thing about the job was making friends, but other than that there is literally nothing enjoyable about the position.
not the best
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead13 February 2018
I had a Christmas temp job here, it is not the best of jobs. Managers were rude, seems like they only care about there selves and money. A few managers come across as harsh. its an okay job, depending on what you are looking to get out of it. I was picked on by two of the managers/store manager.
Pros
discount near christmas
Cons
long hours, rude managers, treated like a slave
Lively workplace, friendly stass
Fitting Rooms Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harlow12 February 2018
Primark was a fast paced, but fun working environment. The staff really make it a nice place to work, and the hours are good, and there was also extra hours available.
Weekend staff member
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corby, Northamptonshire12 February 2018
Only ever had 4 hour shifts and only worked a Saturday and Sunday which wasn’t enough for me, when I asked about more, shifts were always offered out to others first.
Boring
Sales Floor Assistant 650 (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh12 February 2018
Long boring labourious shifts. Don’t even think about striking up a conversation with a work colleague,it can make you work slower,yes really,that’s what I got pulled up for one morning. Three of us still putting stock out but because we were talking it was costing us time,watching us on camera. Management have their little favourites and if your not one of them then your life can be made quite hellish as the “chosen ones” go running back and tell on you as if your back at school. Pathetic really!!
Was informed at Interview that career advancement is achievable here,5 years later I was still folding clothes. The only advancement here is going from pants to t-shirts.
In all honesty I could go on all day about how horrible this place is,the only thing that does keep you going is your work colleagues,the people I worked with were mostly all lovely.
The only thing that it is good for is getting your foot into retail,if you can handle here you can handle anywhere.
Often seen people reduced to tears with the way managers and supervisors bark at them,ask people to do thing rather than bark at them then they will be more inclined to help.
Pros
Work mates
Cons
Everything else
Horrible place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hanley, Staffordshire9 February 2018
Very stressful. Staff are overworked. Not sympathetic to the needs of their staff. Breaks are not payed. Holidays are difficult to book. Last minute overtime.
Stepping Stone
Sales Assistant/Keyholder/Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  East Ham9 February 2018
I see Primark as a stepping stone more than a career, I have matured as a person at Primark. Unlike other employees due to the way I work and being a fast learner I was fortunate enough to be given a few different roles, including positions of responsibility. Most enjoyable part of the job is the people you meet. The hardest part of the job has to be the Pay and Benefits.
Pros
Colleagues, Overtime
Cons
Pay, Benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Primark. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K