Pret A Manger Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Productivite and sometimes very hard job
Team Member, Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bicester21 September 2017
I like this job. Sometimes is so very hard work with costumers and keeped full selection. Its a good skills for next job.
I work for this company over 3 years. Im happy to lear english .
Pros
Free lunch, bunus benefit
Cons
Less hours
Perfect place to start a career
Hot Chef (Former Employee) –  London15 September 2017
My job was easy and fun. The atmosphere in every Pret is light and everyone should have fun while working. The fast pace and the customers make your days fly by.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Early shifts
Amazing environment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  City of London, Greater London13 September 2017
I couldn't ask for a better place where to grow as a Manager. Professional training and supportive staff. Working for Pret a Manger helped me to improve my HR knowledge.
Ambiente de trabajo muy bueno, la política de la empresa es el trabajo en equipo
Jefe de turno (Former Employee) –  Londres10 September 2017
Pret a Manger es una cadena británica de comida rápida especializada en comida orgánica y en la preparación de sándwiches. Las tiendas abren a las 5 de la mañana y desde el comienzo del día ya notabas el ambiente positivo de trabajo. El trabajo en cadena ayudaba a la eficacia elaborando los sándwiches. Para mejorar el compañerismo entre los compañeros, el último viernes de cada mes hacen fiestas privadas en discotecas. La mayoría de sus trabajadores son extranjeros, aprendiendo a trabajar con gente de diferentes culturas y costumbres. La selección de los productos durante los días festivos era superior a los días laborales pero no aumentan la plantilla de trabajadores y es muy difícil conseguir los objetivos. Mi experiencia laboral en Pret fue muy positiva siguiendo en contacto con la mayoría de los compañeros.
Pros
Horario flexible
Cons
La jornada laboral empieza a las 5 de la mañana
productive and fun place
Team Member Star (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London10 September 2017
very good customer service experience , had alot of fun with co workers , payments were weekly and were straight forward , learned alot about coffee and how to make them
Pros
50 percent off pret products
Cons
rushed
Productive and funny place
Leader (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London6 September 2017
The company is really good. Excellent salary and bonus, and very important give a private pension. Work in Pret is very demanding but satisfying. I raccomand
Good job for the beginners
Team Member (Former Employee) –  London6 September 2017
You do not have to know english language to work in this company which is good for the beginners. I learned a lot of different things. People there are nice ang helpful.
Fun but overly high demands
Team Member - Full Time (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London29 August 2017
A workplace who is good fun in many ways, but also very high pressured and stressful. I ended up having very awkward hours and always ended up on the early shifts even though I asked to change. The management was good at the shop I worked at but the culture overall was a very rude tone often between co-workers. Best part was that I met a few very nice friends.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  London26 August 2017
I like to work the as they had bonuses, discounts, overtimes, parties and much more . They have a lot of courses, a lot of Good things to do , i learn a lot from mamagers , but was very busy and hard job also
Pros
Discount
Cons
Hard job
Best place to work
Team Member star (Former Employee) –  Mayfair, Greater London23 August 2017
The best place I worked was in barkley square and that's my best work experience in London so far.
Manager was so good and the whole team was really great.
Each and every member of staff helped me on that time as I just came to London few months ago.
Fun to work there but what I know that other stores of the company are not good at all. They are just opposite of what I experienced.
Pros
Fun work place
Cons
Should be more payment on that fast paced environement

Want to know more about Pret A Manger?

Ask a question
Productive and fun workplace.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Brighton, Birmingham20 August 2017
I learnt a lot. I had opportunity to develop myself , to step up as a Barista later as a Team Leader. I gotiCQ level 3 thanks Pret. Pret a Manger really cares about his employers
Pros
Payed break time, free lunch
Great company structure
Hot chef (Former Employee) –  Tottenham Court Road13 August 2017
Great place to work in literally every aspect, despite the early shifts but overall one of the best company I have ever worked for. Great training focused especially on customer service.
Only if you are willing to work hard and have friends
Team Member (Current Employee) –  London / Gatwick Airport10 August 2017
Not all shops but the ones I have worked in have the unfortunate tradition on keeping a dynasty of friends in power while others that don't make it into the friendly circle will perish. Apart from that it's good money, free food and the longer you stay the more doors will be opened for you.
Great Atmosphere, Lovely Staff
Team Member (Former Employee) –  London Victoria9 August 2017
Great job to have, keeps you up on your feet and always moving. Lovely having the relationships with your regular customers and being able to leave a smile on their faces.
Pros
Free food depending on your hours, unlimited coffee, mystery shopper
Great
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  London2 August 2017
Good productivity
Did I start in the kitchen but after did a move to the floor the job was good team friendly.
Did I work almost two year in Pret a manger.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
40 our pw
Got hassle for being rubbish at making sandwiches
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow2 August 2017
This job was a stop gap for me. The staff were nice, one supervisor kept giving me a hard time for not being good at making sandwiches/salads. There was a good team environment but one manager was very rude to another member of staff in front of the rest of us which was very unprofessional. Later on we got a new manager who was very good and approachable.
Pros
You got your lunch and they used to give the food at the end of the day to a charity
Cons
Some supervisors and Manager
Cultured workplace
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Marble Arch Station29 July 2017
Typical day at work involved arriving at 8am, getting breakfast, usual coffee and pastry then changing and starting work. People usually come into Pret in waves, so we encounter the breakfast wave around 8-11am, the lunch wave from 12-3pm, and after that people come in scatters. The management was amazing, everyone knew their specific role in the make up of the shop, meaning everyones intrinsic value created a busy, upbeat atmosphere. The hardest part of the job was using tills for long periods of time, as when you stay on your feet for long it can start to hurt. The most enjoyable part however was meeting new people and getting to know my colleagues.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
On your feet too long
Examples means judgements
Team Member Trainer (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, Wiltshire26 July 2017
The management of the company seems to have no principle based.

This is my own opinion wich goes from the tensioned experience I had in the Salisbury shop.
Cons
Less paid comparison with working hours
good place
Hot chef (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London26 July 2017
Pret it is a good place to work, the most enjoyable part is the work environment, you will work with a young and motivated team and it is easy to get promoted.
fast pace environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street, Greater London24 July 2017
fast pace environment, lots of responsabilities to cope with, great learning environment to develop as a hr practitioner. Dealing with different departments
Pros
development
Cons
labour turnover

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pret A Manger. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval