Premier Inn Employee Reviews

very fast paced
Chambermaid/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester15 November 2017
on a typical day working in the premier inn environment i would have stock on my trolley from the day before from my last shift as after each shift we had to restock for the next morning as it saves time. i would then go to staff meeting room and wait for my manager to give me daily duties which would be room attendant list with about 16-18 departures for an 8 hour shift. i would then go to reception to check on departures list to see who had vacated there room ready to be cleaned for the next guest. the job role would be me to start from the door as you walk in and work my way around the room finishing in the bathroom to then hoovering the floors and then leaving the room clean and tidy ready for my supervisor to then check my room on cleanliness for the next guest to arrive.
Pros
always busy great team work
Cons
when it gets quiet not many hours available
fun working environment
Kitchen Assitant (Former Employee) –  Buxton13 November 2017
Working at Premier Inn Buxton was a pleasure and most enjoyable experience. I gained many new skills and experinces and worked with some of the best staff imaginable.
Productive and challenging
A volunteer (Former Employee) –  Lewisham, Greater London12 November 2017
When working at premier inn a typical working day I would come in and assist anyone that would need it I would clean, set up the tables, serve breakfast, lunch and dinner the environment was very good because everyone was just friendly and there was never problems . Management was very helpful . I really enjoyed communicating with costumers and being able to help in good or bad ways. There was never a hard part of the day for me because I accepted the challenges
Pros
Free lunch
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lympsham, Somerset9 November 2017
They claim to not let you do more than 10 rooms per day, yet I usually had more due to low staff. Management were absolutely amazing! The hardest part was getting the rooms cleaned within the timings you're allowed (25mins I think). The best part is being able to work alone, I was allowed the tv on in the background. Everyone pulls together, if its really busy reception will help strip the beds which saves alot of time for housekeepers!!
Pros
No customers to moan, allowed the tv/music on to work to
Cons
Very tiring, only given 25 mins per room
Working, working, working
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Stirling6 November 2017
Not great. Always working 2pm till 10pm then starting at 6am again the next day on reception. If someone phones in sick management does card left to do double shift.
Premier inn says their all about growing you up in the company but that is not true. If your someone favourite yeah.
Pay isn’t great for the job I do. Being left alone to work in an hotel by myself is very dangerous.
Cons
Long hours. No breaks in between. Less than 8 hours between shifts
n/a
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Oxford2 November 2017
check in and check out. reception and office. cleaning occasionaly and making beds. no break (not paid and most of the times you take it due to the hotel being busy
Pros
Some of the discounts you get from working with them
Cons
No food provided, no paid break
Not a good place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Whitstable2 November 2017
Staff are rude and do not help you when you need it. No air conditioning which made it extremely difficult to work in hot conditions yet was shouted at when we didn't finish on time due to this.
i would not recommend working at premier inn.
Pros
Cons
Rude staff, no air con
A good job
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kilmarnock1 November 2017
A typical day was team gathering in the linen room and waiting for everyone to arrive before being given list of rooms by housekeeper.Then you would attend the linen closet closest to your first room and pull out work trolley with all your items such as teas coffees milks linen towels to replace in rooms.Also grab linen bag for dirty linen.usually around 25 min per room for a double,longer for family rooms.cleaning empty bins replenish tea etc.Strip beds .Make beds.dust.clean bathroom to high standard.hoover.Tea break around 10.30 then back to finish rooms.end of shift restock linen trolley and tie up linen bags.Put bins out.Washing machine goes on for cloths.Then keys go back before swiping and signing out.
Pros
rewards for being best on trip adviser.
Cons
Difficult to get to if you dont drive, Hanging around waiting sometimes for rooms to vacate as checkouts at 12, Dont know when you will finish due to 12 oclock checkout.
Brilliant company overall
Receptionist/bar/restaurant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne28 October 2017
Worked here for three years, i started when my daughter was nearly 3 months old. surprisingly the work life balance was good and i got plenty of quality time with my daughter. The pay was good and plenty of training. i got change to do all of my qualifications in hospitality which has helped me greatly. Some of the management were too young in my opinion.
Pros
brilliant staff, actually enjoyed going to work
Cons
Never managed to finish on time
fun workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge26 October 2017
It was a nice environment to work and the colleagues and boss were very friendly and welcoming when I joint. I would definitely recommend working here as it was a fun experience to develop different types of skills as there are different areas to work in.
Pros
free hot drinks, more than one break
Good company
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare, Somerset25 October 2017
The company is not only a great starting point for people but also a great place in order to succeed and grow within the company. There are many opportunities and the team members are amazing.
Excellent place to work
Receptionist/Front of house Team Member (Current Employee) –  Crewe24 October 2017
Best place i have ever worked. Management are fantastic and very supportive. If you want to progress then Manager will help you do that. Great job satisfaction and appreciation.
Pros
employee benefits
Cons
wages could be better
Good
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester24 October 2017
Good to work at and enjoyed working here, nice and friendly staff with an interesting and motivating job. Helped me manage time effectively and balance school and work life.
Pros
Motivating
Cons
Boring
Premier Inn
Nights reception/security/bar assistant (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire20 October 2017
Amazing place to work and with a great team, that truly value guest service. I have worked here for 2 years now. I have always been made to feel welcome and feel like i have new friends rather than work colleagues.
Staff make or break a job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Crewe, Cheshire18 October 2017
Working alone you can just get on with it. You are expected to do a lot in such a short amount of time. Very repetitive work and not a lot of hours going for those who want them.
Head housekeeper has her favourites and some get treated better than others. Poor management, no one is interested if you have a problem.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not much time off during Christmas
ok place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Cornwall18 October 2017
again very hard work and my supervisor was lovely but found the rest of the staff not so friendly all family members and was hard long days and full on work
Pros
discount
Cons
long day
High expectations
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Stirling, Stirlingshire16 October 2017
The job it's self was fine but the time in which to complete tasks was crazy. They treated you like a robot. It was a labourous job with very little support on time management. The team were looking out for them selves with no team work ethics.
Pros
Discounted prices on use of facilities
Cons
Very short breaks
great staff
chamber maid room attendant (Former Employee) –  Manchester12 October 2017
friendly staff and good company to work for but not enough staff for all the work plenty of overtime and good training and discounts offers.they train and look after there staff well they give you the chance to progress to other jobs around the hotel but hard work for a room attendant
Pros
you can learn new jobs in the hotel industry
Cons
not enough staff in housekeeping
fun
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside11 October 2017
great place to work plenty room for development - many hotels in this chain and more being built every month therefore job security is very high and no scare of losing yiour job
enjoyable
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Harrogate11 October 2017
start with grouping in laundry room office to told wich sections
cleaning standards
management always there to help
happy environment
most enjoyable:working with good staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Premier Inn. Our community is ready to answer.