Pound Bakery Employee Reviews

Terrible company to work for i would never work for them again.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester2 December 2017
Worked hard without entitled breaks even though the break time was taken from your wage no chance to have something to eat or drink .no training what so ever your just thrown in at the deep end..nasty manageress and asst manageress they talk to you like rubbish.really please dont work for this company it is slave labour.i dreaded going into work every day as it was so unbearable to work in those conditions.its the worst company i have ever worked for and would never work for them again.went home hungry after every shift as there was no time to eat. No wonder they are always looking for staff.you should never dread going into work but at pound bakery you dread each shift.
Pros
Cons
No breaks yet they take it from your min wage at the end of the week.
Two faced and abusive manager
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheshire20 November 2017
Managers were extremely two faced, always talking about ostaff behind their back
If you aren’t one of the favourites you will receive abuse- especially if you are younger than 25.
Expected to work unlimited hours even if you are on a 8 hour contract and if you say you can’t do a day you aren’t even contracted to you get laughed at.
Manager threatened to kick someone, called people useless and much worse names.
Pros
Who knows
Cons
Bad management minimum wage expected to do the job of 4 people
Good
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Shaw, Greater Manchester21 September 2017
Fast pace shop, requires initiative thinking and team work as well as abling to adapt quickly to changes made the work environment. Highly values customer service.
Fun, Fast Pace Work Place.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Birmingham7 September 2017
A typical day at work consisted of serving customers, cleaning the store, re-stocking selves and also cash handling. I learnt a lot whilst working in pound bakery, it really helped me mature and become and young lady, I was given reasonability's which I liked because I felt like part of the team.
Pros
Good Amount of Breaks
Cons
Long Shifts
Terrible place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lancashire22 August 2017
Honestly the worst company I've ever worked for, was there for over a year as a manager, all I can say is please avoid this company. For the pay everyone gets it's disrespectful, I would love to see anyone of the higher management try to do 1 week in a busy town centre shop and do what they expect from you.. it'll never happen because it's impossible! The company need to start cutting wages at the top rather than expecting someone on minimum wage working 4 people's jobs and still getting shouted at for not doing the fifth persons job! Zero lack of respect for 'managers' (trust me you aren't a manager, you are just a glorified pasty giver) 1 last thing... incentive for working over a period of a month... if you win... £1... yes a free 1 pound sandwich!!!! Which no doubt you make yourself! Absolute joke of a company!
Cons! Actually realising the upper management are serious with their ludicrous ideas!
Pros
Laughing at how pathetic higher management are
Cons
Cons in my review.
Good company
HGV Class 2 Driver (Former Employee) –  Bolton18 July 2017
Good company, easy work load, vehicles loaded for you. Very simple work to undertake. Company is easy going and helpful. Maintained new vehicles. Long term staff employment
Pros
No hassle
Cons
Handball
Quick profit industry
Shift Supervisor/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Barnsley, South Yorkshire14 July 2017
no real care for staff. quick in and out industry always looking to hire teenagers to keep pay as low as possible. zero care for staff or customers high churn in and out
Pros
short shifts
Cons
short shifts less pay
Avoid
Team sales memeber (Current Employee) –  West Midlands22 June 2017
• No training, moaned at when you ask how to do something
• Mimimum wage, 0% chance of a pay rise
• No staff discount
• No free good, wastage is sold as pig feed.
Pros
Non at all
Cons
The job it self. Its terrible. Just avoid it.
Hard working environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester7 June 2017
Great working environment, sometimes good management, satisfying work, however, there has always been an issue with the lack of hours provided. Overall, a good place to get your start in food-based retail.
poundbakey
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  St Helens, Merseyside10 May 2017
i loved working here and was only due to pregnacy i left the staff was fantastic the work the management team was great and understanding and the work and customers was great aswell.
Pros
great hours
Cons
working with hot ovens
Nice people and don't push you too much
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Castleford, West Yorkshire19 April 2017
Don't push you to much and they make sure you are happy and they have fun whenever they can. They are hard working and friendly. They make sure you know what you are doing and you do it right.
Bad company
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside18 April 2017
Long hours no support from area managers.

No training too much stress and under paid for what they expect you to do. Worked there for 3 years. The list could be endless.

Would not recommend this job at all.
Pros
Cons
Long hours No support terrible company.
fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shaw, Greater Manchester5 March 2017
i absolutly loved working at poundbakery, nadine was amazing, so friendly and always laughing and smiling. best thing about poundbakery was the people i worked with. i learned alot about being confident and being able to do lots of things in a short amount of time.
Pros
friendly chats
Cons
weekends
Great in store manager, colleagues and higher staff shocking.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Keighley1 March 2017
Poorly run, paid peanuts for dealing with some of the worst individuals I have ever encountered. My manager was brilliant but those above her were shocking. poor organisation, poor staffing, arrogant staff. Worst job I've ever had.

STAY AWAY
Pros
Cons
Long hours, poor pay
awful company to work for
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire18 February 2017
Had 2 separate occasions where I had to phone in sick due to being ill , and because I was on 6 months probationary period I got sacked , no verbal warning , no written warning , all this company care about is profit and money , avoid!!!!! At all costs
Pros
great staff to work with
Cons
unfair rotas
shop assistant
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds21 January 2017
Enjoyed my job enjoyed the people I worked with, very good fast paced environment to work within, moneys wasn't much for the hours worked , training very good
Productive and enjoyable place to work at
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crewe21 January 2017
I really enjoyed working at Pound Bakery. I worked here for a year where I had to balance this job, my university work and another course in Manchester which shows that I am balanced and flexible in terms of being able to achieve in my work effectively.
Every day was different in Pound Bakery, being faced with different situations and customers. I really enjoyed working as part of a team here and it helped that I had a really positive relationship with everyone.
Pound Bakery definitely helped me to work under huge demands of pressure as everything was constantly go. It also helped me to develop my confidence and interpersonal skills.
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside19 January 2017
was fun to work with staff, good hours, paid weekly. the managment arent really that good to get along with. wouldnt advise working here in the long run.
Hard work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Stretford, Greater Manchester18 January 2017
Not very good assistance from head office.Running the shop whilst there manager was away.Serving customers taking deliveries.
Moderately efficient
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Preston City Centre, Lancashire16 December 2016
The job overall was good,and the nature of the work was enjoyable. However the management was abysmal. There were some perks, the team were hard working and friendly, and I learnt new and useful skills.
Pros
Good team
Cons
Poor management