PLACE2BE Employee Reviews

limited development opportunities
Psychodynamic Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Croydon12 December 2017
counsellors are not really given the opportunity to expand on their expertise and build rapport with schools since SPMs dont give them much space to do so.
Very well structured and supported work environment
Counsellor (Former Employee) –  London4 January 2017
Place2Be have a good interest in the wellbeing of their staff. The training is excellent and the staff are made to feel very well supported. Achievements are recognised. Access to further training and studying. Growing company. Very effective work.
Pros
School holidays off
Wonderful work with children
Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Swales17 December 2016
Worked for over 2 years at place2Be, very rewarding working with the children, and helping them develop and grow, unfortunately I had a project manager who was unstable, lacked empathy, and had very little management skills, if it was not for her bullying I would of stayed. School was friendly and the children were the best part of the job.
Pros
Children
Cons
Getting bullied by somebody who needed power.
amazing place to work
Volunteer counsellor (Current Employee) –  london29 August 2015
Working in a school environment it's fun and challenging.
Being part of Place2be is more than just being part of an organization it's about making a change in kids life.
Inspirational work
School counsellor (Current Employee) –  Lonfon24 August 2015
Working one-to-one with children therapeutically. Weekly supervision is required. Working systemically. Children are seen for one therapeutic hour. The counselors are volunteers.
Pros
supervision and experience in schools
Cons
no paid positions for this role within this company
A humbling experience
Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, ENG20 July 2015
I was extremely fortunate to work within this frame with young pupils and their experiences. P2B also provided excellent in-house additional training.
Pros
Rich learning experience
Cons
funding depandant service
great confidence booster
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  edinburgh2 June 2015
every week i would go to a local primary school to talk and communicate with the pupils. it is so rewarding after a long period of time as they start to trust you and become your friend. I had to manage a group of children and organise games for them.the hardest part of the job was leaving as my particular pupil had grown attached to me and it was hard seeing how upset he was. I learned at how great communication can be and how a simple action can raise peoples hopes.
Intense and fulfilling
Volunteer Play Therapist (Current Employee) –  Durham, ENG15 August 2013
I would generally see three children per day and only work one day per week so the work load is not excessive. I am well supported by my school project manager and supervisor, and the school environment is friendly and supportive.
I find, as with all counselling sessions, some are more difficult than others. However, I always learn an incredible amount about myself through reflection and exploration of issues during supervision. Therefore the hardest and most enjoyable part of this job are one and the same.
Pros
Seeing the benefits therapeutic work can have
Cons
Travel distance