Pizza Hut Restaurants UK Employee Reviews

Good working environment
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Pakefield13 February 2018
Was a overall good summer job, but when I was back at college I hardly got any hours and could only work weekends, which was night times where I didn’t get many hours.
Enjoyable and lots of development
Support manager (Former Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire6 February 2018
A typical day as a shift manager here started off setting up the restaurant and kitchen ready to start the shift. Managing food stock levels for the day to avoid waste. Preparing team members for their shift and managing the team. Interaction with guests was key.

I learned basic computer skills through scheduling and recruitment training. I learned how to manage groups of people on shift and deal with sticky situations with customers.

Commuting 45 minutes to and from the store and unsociable hours was the hardest part of the job but I enjoyed working with a great team of people.
bad work enviroment
Back of House (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, Shropshire30 January 2018
the people around me and the management were all negative in their attitude towards work, I was never properly trained o I had to learn on the spot as I was thrown into situations I had not been trained for straight away
Pros
discount
Awesome
Front of House (Former Employee) –  Yeovil26 January 2018
Pizza Hut is a great place to work for which also has many benefits. You get paid highly for the work you do. Well towards £350 a week after tax if you work Full Time. The managers support you and really push you to become the best you can be. It can become unsociable hours but managers do there best to stretch it out so you'll always have good time off and they let you have your holiday.
Pros
Free Food, Great Management, Great Pay
Cons
When Busy can Get Tough
a fun enjoyable place to work.
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Cambridge23 January 2018
This job and the enjoyment you get out of it like most places can honestly depend on the place you work and people you work with.

Whilst I worked at regent street in Cambridge I was also studying at uni so worked in the evenings and weekends as a waiter I was required to meet and greet customers, take orders, replenish the ice cream machine and salad stations, as well as serve food and take payments, and then clean the restaurant on the close shift.

Like myself I found the Management team were all people persons and they lead and inspired the team and helped make the workplace more enjoyable and I quickly found myself befriending them along with my other colleagues, working with such a friendly team and providing quality service to customers was the most enjoyable part of this job.

I learned many skills socially interacting with strangers, time management, front of house standards and quality, food safety they gave me the opportunity to progress and become cross trained and work as a chef and to progress further on to management, from the experience I had there I would recommend this job to anyone.

However once I transferred back home it was kind of different I transferred to the Truro store in cornwall. where at first didn't seem to bad I was getting the hours in my contract during the summer the staff I worked with seemed friendly more so the kitchen staff that I worked with on occasion being cross trained but come the end of summer and a change in store manager I found my hours dropped below my contract I was often spoken to with a lot of disrespect by some managers,
  more... I found that they weren't so friendly as my previous store and them being the store manager and deputy they should have lead the store not bring it down.

They seemed cut off and kind of false, where as I actually befriended my previous managers and we got along they didn't really seem to care about the job or the people who worked there it was a fake nice where they felt they had to not because they wanted to which is fair enough, everyone to there own but I'm not sure they realized the impact it had on the store itself and the people who worked at it. you constantly felt on edge which made the job rather difficult for me. I had breaks that could last anywhere from an hour to three depending on how busy they were even though I was on the rota for a half an hour break or an hour max. I wasn't given the opportunity to progress and felt as if I was in a dead end job and that I was never going anywhere and majority of the people I first started working with had left for similar reasons. If it wasn't for the other half of the management team I got along with who actually made the workplace enjoyable on their shifts and the few friends I had left I don't think I would have stuck the job it was miserable and depressing.

so overall the job in my personal experience is only as enjoyable as you and the others you work with make it. Its an excellent stepping stone job whilst you're in education whether it being in Uni or college and its great for boosting confidence and speaking to new people.
Pros
Staff meals
Cons
Long breaks
better than expected
Team Foodie (Chef) (Former Employee) –  Dartford, Kent13 January 2018
if you enter this job with low expectation then you will wont be disappointed, i put 4 stars for management because of the supervisor is a idiot but the unit manager was the best manager i have every worked with. the job isn't to bad but you need to very good a multi tasking as you spend a lot of time on your own. you need to do prep, make and cooking whilst maintaining the pot-wash, and Friday and Saturday was the only day i sore more chefs.
Pros
okay training, not bad pay, easy cooking requirments
Cons
to many to list
Best Job I've Ever Had
Front of House/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Blackpool 210 January 2018
Worked at Pizza Hut for 3 Years, had a lot of ups and downs with the job but it's still the most enjoyable job i've ever had. The team were like your family, the amount of team work was incredible. Management were amazing too. The store I worked at was very busy during the summer holidays, every day all day we'd most likely have a queue out of the door but it still was a fun place to work, even the stressful times were worth it. Couldn't say a bad word about the place or the company.
Pros
Pay, Tips, Team, Management
Cons
Long hours no breaks
Good for those who like fast paced work
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire10 January 2018
Offers oppurtunity for growth and development.
A typical day can be physically tiring but offers little in the way of mental stimulation, besides customer interaction, which can be fleeting due to time constraints.
Best part - making customers happy
Worst part - anti social hours
Pros
Free lunches, flexible working hours
Cons
Anti-social hours
horribl place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare3 January 2018
do not get a job here they do not treat you right and prommis to give you more hours and let you down boss is rude only good thing was the people i worked with were nice
good
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Bedford2 January 2018
good, fun to be at work. got the job done. great team work and effort. busy good stressful environment, keeping you on your toes. good brand worldwide.
Wouldn't reccomend
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Cheshire23 December 2017
I worked at Pizza Hut for 1 year and didn't find it fulfilling at all. The work life balance was awful as you were never given your days off which you requested and had to work on every single public holiday.
Very fast paced
Back of House (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire9 December 2017
It can get very stressful and you are working in a hot, greasy environment. Sometimes you have to finish late as well around 11PM so it can be tiring. The only good thing is you can get a free kids pizza and they have very flexible hours.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Long hours, stressful
Do.Not.Work.Here
Front of House Staff (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes5 December 2017
PIzza Hut is the worst place i can imagine to work. as im under 18, not only do i get paid £4.00 an hour, the management is shocking. nobody gets to leave on time, its rear to get a break, and if you do its not paid because they effectively give you two separate shifts so youre clocked off the payroll and they dont have to pay you.
Also, you dont get a copy of the weeks rota until the end of the week previous, this makes it impossible to make any plans more than a few days in advance as you never know when youre working. But one of the major point i could make is the fact that after signing a contract to work 10 hours a week, i would be constantly be given less. not only was this a breach of contract that didnt stop until i threaten to complain to my managers higher-ups, because i was given less hours and working for £4.00 ph i was constantly struggling to get by. but her, at least you might get some free pizza every now and again
awful place to work
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Cambridge1 December 2017
I was treated awfully. i was working for them for a while and they decided to put newer workers than me on higher jobs than i was and i was working incredibly hard. i was even told by managers that they were proud with how i was progressing. My friend i used to work with there which i add has also recently quit is in her 3rd trimester of pregnancy and they made her carry heavy things and boxes, made her do things that are strictly not allowed in a workplace or even outside in pregnancy.
Pros
nothing
Cons
rude staff, rude managers
Fun and family friendly
Part time waitress (Current Employee) –  Luton23 November 2017
I love working at Pizza hut because the atmosphere is very friendly and every member of staff is nice. Working at Pizza hut isn't actually hard but it is lovely to work there.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Can take up social life
Good first job but terrible management and gossip culture
Guest Server and Pizza Chef (Current Employee) –  Hartlepool13 November 2017
Get to keep all cash tips (have be known to make £50 cash tips in one shift, not including actual wages)
Tips on card are shared 70% to you and 30% everyone else on shift
Meet lots of interesting people, however naturally have very awkward customers who, in my experience, have been verbally and physically abusive
Management has no backbone and does not stand by decisions
Gossip culture is ridiculous and unprofessional, especially when it involves management, which it often does
Pay rises after a year, 40p/45p extra
Lunches on long shifts
Pros
Free food, ability to make good tips
Cons
Management, gossip culture
Fast paced work place
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire12 November 2017
Good friendly staff, very flexible hours.
Busy fast paced shifts
Get to keep all tips made
Get a staff meal included
Staff discounts are available
Help provided
Pros
Good hourly flexibility
Cons
Long busy shifts - not good pay
The people i work with are fun
Pay based on age (Current Employee) –  Leyton Station9 November 2017
It a very busy jobs and needs devotion on your side, you get paid base on your age.
It a hard job if your are a cook because working in the kitchen not only needs you to make the food you have to get thr food ready for tomorrow. You need to make sure that the kitchen is clear & clean and you have to clean the plates/cutlery. Also when delivery cames you need to be ready to put every thing in to its place.
Pros
You are given a small pizza for break.
Cons
Long hours, if it is busy you may go on your schedule break late or time is takan off your break.
Could be a fun place to work. Depends on management
Sales Assistant to shift manager (Former Employee) –  Gravesend, Kent3 November 2017
I worked for them for 3 years and the more you give the more they want. If management like you you have a good chance of climbing the ladder but if ya face dont fit then ya have no chance of a future.
Flexible hours they declare but if you ask for a sunday off you would be treated like a criminal.
Pros
Dont open early
Cons
Long hours and alot of late nights
Poor company in every aspect
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Sheffield31 October 2017
Terrible company, awful management, unreachable expectations from management and an evil area manager. No work/life balance, hours changed at the drop of a hat (even the shift you're currently working) poor training, poor management, ridiculous expectations, if this sounds good to you then by all means this is the perfect job for you.
Pros
Decent staff
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Hut Restaurants UK. Our community is ready to answer.