Pizza Hut Restaurants UK Employee Reviews

Fast paced work place
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire12 November 2017
Good friendly staff, very flexible hours.
Busy fast paced shifts
Get to keep all tips made
Get a staff meal included
Staff discounts are available
Help provided
Pros
Good hourly flexibility
Cons
Long busy shifts - not good pay
The people i work with are fun
Pay based on age (Current Employee) –  Leyton Station9 November 2017
It a very busy jobs and needs devotion on your side, you get paid base on your age.
It a hard job if your are a cook because working in the kitchen not only needs you to make the food you have to get thr food ready for tomorrow. You need to make sure that the kitchen is clear & clean and you have to clean the plates/cutlery. Also when delivery cames you need to be ready to put every thing in to its place.
Pros
You are given a small pizza for break.
Cons
Long hours, if it is busy you may go on your schedule break late or time is takan off your break.
Could be a fun place to work. Depends on management
Sales Assistant to shift manager (Former Employee) –  Gravesend, Kent3 November 2017
I worked for them for 3 years and the more you give the more they want. If management like you you have a good chance of climbing the ladder but if ya face dont fit then ya have no chance of a future.
Flexible hours they declare but if you ask for a sunday off you would be treated like a criminal.
Pros
Dont open early
Cons
Long hours and alot of late nights
Poor company in every aspect
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Sheffield31 October 2017
Terrible company, awful management, unreachable expectations from management and an evil area manager. No work/life balance, hours changed at the drop of a hat (even the shift you're currently working) poor training, poor management, ridiculous expectations, if this sounds good to you then by all means this is the perfect job for you.
Pros
Decent staff
Nice working atmosphere
Manager (Current Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire28 September 2017
It is a good place to start your career in hospitality as you get good training and practice as well as flexible working hours and days off so you can study or have another job as well. Nice team and managers. The hardest bit is to deal with guests and strangers.
Fun but not many hours
Front of House Staff (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire21 September 2017
A typical day at work would be serving customers, cleaning and that is about it. You do learn different skills that you don't normally learn in every day life. The management are okay but I wouldn't say they are amazing, just like typical management really. There isn't really any hard parts of the job but I guess when the restaurant is busy it can be hard sometimes. The most enjoyable part of the job is probably being able to have great connections with customers that come in.
Pros
Great relationships with guests, fun, free food on long shifts.
Cons
Short hours.
Fast paced and fun working environment
Pizza Chef (Former Employee) –  Castleford10 September 2017
Can be stressful at times when the restaurant is full but having good coworkers to keep the mood up really helps. Friendly co workers and managers and decent.
Pros
Free lunches, pay goes up after working a year, discounts on takeaway and dine in
Cons
Stressful
Fun place to work
Receptionist/Telephonist (Former Employee) –  London Road Norbury1 August 2017
Being a receptionist was a wonderful role as I was able to liaise with customers on a daily basis both face to face and over the telephone. Serving customers when they come to dine in the restaurant I was deliver the best service standards because I like to see my customers happy.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Sometimes long hours
Short term carrier
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Hungary16 July 2017
This job was abroad. Massive, international franchise restaurant.
Good place to work if you study, flexible hours. Pay is not the best but there is opportunity to move up
Pros
training
Cons
salary
A toxic work environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Essex, Kent6 July 2017
A dishonest and toxic business culture. Established structure more focused on protecting themselves than providing a good experience for customers or staff.
A restaurant manager who was reported for cutting clock card files was sent to investigate himself. Intimidation and bullying used to achieve results before recognition.
Would very strongly advise against seeking employment here at any level.
Cons
Long hours, no work life balance, culture of dishonesty.
fun
Pizza Chef (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth18 June 2017
busy place allways got to be preparing never time to stop but fun making all different things all day tiring and some times long nights when place is busy
Pros
free food
Great place to work and well treated
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Livingston, West Lothian12 June 2017
Pizza hut is a great place to work, fun loving staff and a great atmosphere, I learned how to lead a team and understand many different side to individual people, would recommend to anyone.
Pros
Interaction with a variaty of customers
Cons
Long weekends and holidays
Fun enjoyable workplace
Pizza Chef (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London3 June 2017
You will learn kitchen health and safety and many duties in the kitchen like prep and making pizza you will also cut the pizza and be on pot wash the hours are exhausting and long but it's good money as full time when you can get hours.
Pros
Free lunches and holiday and good money
Cons
Long hours and tiring
excelente
Bartender (Former Employee) –  reading23 May 2017
buena experiencia, preparar bebidas, inventario, stock, tomar pedidos, cajas, ordenes, trato con clientes, normas de seguiridad y manejo de alimentos y licores.
Pros
excelente grupo
Cons
muchas horas
Good job while deciding what you want to do with your life
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Essex25 April 2017
Worked way up to assistant manager while working after leaving school and through college years, the people you work with is the only bonus as it is only about ways to save money
Productive and Fun Workplace
Front of House Staff (Current Employee) –  Ashton-Under-Lyne11 April 2017
It's fast paced and sometimes grueling but there is such a great team who supports and mentors you through training and just work life. At this particular restaurant, customers can be the most challenging part of the job but until any member of staff gains the confidence to deal with them, there is an excellent management team who are on hand every shift to assist with any issue or problem. I wish I could stay on or transfer to another Hut but unfortunately, there are none in Glossop but it's a great place to work and great people to work for.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Can get sent home early
fun and busy
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Great Yarmouth5 April 2017
Fun and fast paced place to work
high standards of training
continuous training
new items to learn and make for customers
money handling training and opportunity to progress
Endlessly frustrating and stessful
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow4 April 2017
I worked for Pizza Hut in two different spells. In my first stint, i developed from a busboy to a General Manager, learning lots and helping develop others along the way. My managers were all great- supportive, fun, approachable and positive. Although Pizza Hut is highly standardised in the way they do things, at that point, as a manager you were allowed a certain amount of autonomy and this allowed me to flourish.

I returned after leaving for a couple of years and began working in a different area. The difference was striking. You cannot put your own management style. Everything is extremely processed and and dissension is frowned upon. My line manager was a nightmare - unsupportive, negative and, actually, the complete opposite of the culture that Pizza Hut tries to tell you it's all about. It was a horrible experience.

My hut had many maintenance issues and without the support of senior management, it was very difficult to get anything fixed. Instead, there's this absolute obsession with cutting payroll cost, running the workforce to the very limits. I'm all for running a business efficiently, but it seemed like they'd rather save £15 than staff appropriately to make an extra £500. It was very draining.

The bonus scheme is an absolute joke too. In almost 20 years in total with the company, and achieving much success, i made maybe 3 bonuses. I've made more in my new role in two months.

I would not recommend working for this company.
Cons
Stressful, work life balance, poor bonus, inconsistent mgt
Fun place to work
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands27 March 2017
It's a lovely place to work if you like to meet new people and set new challenges. Can get very busy and sometimes the opposite can be very quiet which is where you need to think of things to do whilst it's quite. Good to learn new things like the menu and drinks.
Pros
Free lunch.
Cons
Hours can vary, late finishes
Productive and fun experience
Server (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh24 March 2017
Last year I had the opportunity to work in Pizza Hut Restaurant as a server during the Fringe Festival period. The work was very fast paced and demanding but I found it thrilling and kept up with the demands of the post. During my time working at Pizza Hut I gained many skills; time keeping, working as part of a team, working together towards common goals of customer service and efficiency and organisational skills such as the seating of customers and juggling orders in the most efficient manner.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Hut Restaurants UK. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8