Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

Job work/life balance
Personal Assistant to Managing Director (Current Employee) –  Middleton, Greater Manchester4 September 2017
Currently going through reconfiguration within the department so unsettling times. Job work/life balance is good as is salary and benefits but job satisfaction currently poor.
Pros
job work life balance
Cons
reconfiguration causing unsettled periods
Fair
Health Visitor (Current Employee) –  Trafford, Greater Manchester20 August 2017
Supportive management on a daily basis. Some flexibility in day to day working.
Adequate training offered although sometimes travel a long distance is needed to access these training courses.
Interesting place to work
Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Hyde, Tameside25 June 2017
Typical day would be contacting clients by telephone/face-2-face or group work to provide psychosocial interventions using C.B.T.
Management could be improved and more supportive.
Workplace culture is working through lunch or being interrupted or other challenges.
Hardest part of the job were the target-oriented and caseload parts.
Most enjoyable were great relationships and support from colleagues and the work conducted with clients and feeling a sense of achievement when positive feedback was given from clients and other colleagues.
Pros
Lovely people to work with
Cons
Building not suitable for disabled staff
Peaceful but busy place to work
Health Care Cadet (Former Employee) –  North Manchester, Greater Manchester19 June 2017
The most enjoyable part of working within this company is the patients and the members of staff, seeing the way staff members are towards their patient is amazing.
Typical day
IST Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ashton-Under-Lyne, Greater Manchester10 May 2017
A typical day can be anything from a user being unable to logon to our Citrix farm to upgrading server os with everything in between.
No job too big or small.
Pros
Varied work.
Cons
Short lunch
great place to work
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bury, Greater Manchester5 January 2017
enjoyed working with clients. staff were great to work with and i learned a lot. I have worked with in a team how you could always rely on.
serious work pace
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester3 January 2017
I'm looking seriously at this job just because of the freedom which you giving to me also I like a time when finishing all my job role. To answer the phone call filling a table is just a part of wok which I would love to do it also I got good manner and leadership, communication skills to do this job properly. The hardest part of this job is to do a job right and how to suppose to be.
Pros
holidays
Varied Role
Bereavement Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Heywood10 November 2016
Worked as a member of a small team so was able to set up the service according to identified needs.

Flexible working pattern.
Pros
Was able to work autonomously
Cons
High management turnover
Health and Wellbeing Advisor (Current Employee) –  Tameside26 October 2016
Emphasis on up to date training & competencies & the importance of team work makes it a cohesive, safe atmosphere
Health Visitor (Former Employee) –  Old Trafford7 October 2016
Encouraging integration & pro active communication on a daily basis between social care agencies and health agencies. It was a fun place in Trafford, from where I recently retired. Co workers were supportive & the importance of working as a team is the main foundation of belief.
Pros
Health & social care agencies are situated together .
Cons
Paying for car park.

Want to know more about Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust?

Ask a question
Supportive culture
Assistant HR Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Greater Manchester14 July 2016
I enjoyed working with all staff at NHS.

Management were very supportive and understood the importance of work/balance

My contract ended with them as it was a fixed term contract
Incredibly busy and dynamic Organisation
Knowledge Management and e-Learning Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Ashton-Under-Lyne, ENG11 March 2015
A typical day at work would be to arrive early, review work plan and prepare tasks for co-workers.

I have had the luxury of being able to practice what I preach in a learning and development environment in the development opportunities I have taken and promoted.

Great emphasis is placed on strong leadership and supportive management and I have been able to learn and experience this culture in my day to day work.

The most difficult part of the job is the same as all NHS organisations are experiencing, having to prioritise in the face of budget constraints.

The most enjoyable part is the culture of continuous development and having the opportunity to practice this on a daily basis. Also, the flexibility and freedom to determine my own work day which enables an excellent work life balance.
Pros
Development opportunities
Cons
Regular restructures
productive and fun place
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochdale, salford, bury19 January 2015
My duties are to support the registered nurse in implementing the agreed plan of care with the patient and in accordance with instructions and training received.
• washing and dressing
• serving patients meals and assisting with feeding when necessary
• helping people to mobilize
• toileting
• bed making
• generally assisting with patients' overall comfort
• monitoring patients' conditions by taking temperatures
Cons
part time, bank
A busy and focused workplace
Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist (CBT) (Current Employee) –  ENG31 March 2014
A busy fast paced working environment.The majority of the day is spent assessing and treating patients, depending on their presenting problems and the most effective treatment modality and intervention required. I am always learning and refining my skills and knowledge for the benefit of my patients. I work with a fantastic and conscientious team of people who work extremely hard and put their patients at the centre of what they do. The hardest part of the job is in having a waiting list so not being able to see people as quickly as we would like and also not being able to offer longer for their treatment. It's is also difficult to reconcile the needs of the patient with organisation targets. The most enjoyable part of the job is always the patients especially when people feel that their lives have changed for the better or that they have their lives back, that is the most rewarding.
Pros
Great team of co-workers
Cons
Pressure of meeting targets