Pendragon Employee Reviews

Pre Delivery
Technician (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands6 February 2018
Aftersales work. Is just that for the most part. Pre delivery inspections and a few discs, pads and tyres. No real progression scheme or learning opportunities if honest
Pros
Steady shifts
Cons
no progression
a challenge
Dealer Principal (Former Employee) –  West Bromwich5 February 2018
another great dealership filled with good people. it had is difficulties to start with but managed to keep most of the team in place and move it forward.
Good opportunity to work in a larger City
Regional Parts Manager (Former Employee) –  London4 February 2018
Wonderful opportunity to work for a large motor group. Good mentoring from an experienced Aftersales Manager. Enjoyed all aspects of working for this organisation but was given an opportunity to expand my knowledge.
If your face fits you too can earn less than elsewhere
Technician (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands30 January 2018
Terrible company to work for! Upper management have no problem promoting idiots who have no idea how to treat their staff and the idiots in lower management will pass the buck on every problem that faces them. You hit bonus this month? That's great we will up your target to an unachievable amount. So glad to be out of there! My personal experience was of a cold out of date workshop in need of a new roof as it leaked. Heating was allowed on for three hours a day. And considering we were a vauxhall specialist very few special tools even when asked for.

Bottom line, the lads on shop floor were brilliant, service managers didn't last long enough to make an impact and the DP was aware of it all but essentially cut that many corners there was no point even trying.
Pros
Great bunch of techs to learn from and work with
Good work team
Driver and then smart repair technician (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire28 January 2018
was working with a good team. unfortunately we had a change in management and things started going slowly down hill from then onwards. overall my experience there was a positive one.
Lowest paying in the business
Aftersales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh Vauxhall23 January 2018
Terrible basic salaries, for all staff apart from "management".
Zero potential to better yourself unless wanting to be chained to your desk/phone 24/7. Lost so so so many good people out the business due to refusing to pay what they were worth. Myself included, went from a supervisory position in Pendragon down to an Advisor elsewhere but for 3.5k more. Pay peanuts, get monkeys. Shocked this site is still open.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Low salary, useless staff due to low salaries on offer
Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  Nottingham19 January 2018
Pendragon is a good place to work, we create a fun environment and there is always recognition for hard work. The job is varied and I never have the exact same day twice.
Horrible
Senior Car Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Stockport.16 January 2018
Treated with utter disrespect by a particular member of management. I was also racially abused at the company, management were witnesses of it and was bruseshed under the carpet. Nothing was said to the member of staff as he use to sell 39 vehicles a month so I suppose money talks. When I first started I was not given a company car and was living a distance away which meant I had to wake up at 4:45am to get the for 8:30am. I was driven and needed experience in the industry to be considered elsewhere.
Pros
Company car
High staff turnover
Technician (Former Employee) –  Falkirk, Falkirk12 January 2018
I was made to feel very welcome in workshop. Manager always challenged for betterment in a good way. Very high change of sales department. This started to happen in workshop too. Top guy was nice to me. But think he changes to much and does not have faith in team.
Pros
Nice building
Cons
Head of garage lacks direction .
Avoid at all costs
Driver (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff10 January 2018
No induction programme whatsoever, expect to be fired during ur probationary period, no supervision during probationary period, no feedback, just let you get on with the job and fire you without any warning, it’s obvious they don’t really take staff on to retain staff, terrible way of working, if I could have taken my case further I seriously would have, if it hadn’t have been for my probationary period I would have sought the advice of a solicitor because of the way I was treated, I was really excited about getting this job and I was enjoying it but they are disgusting in the way they treat new employees
Pros
Guys I was working with were amazing
Cons
Management have no idea how to treat people
Productive, fun place to work
Digital Communications Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nottingham10 January 2018
Lots of prospects, great industry insight and well respected in the automotive industry.

Great in-house agency for marketing with many talented individuals all pulling together.
Pros
Nice work atmosphere
Cons
Can be clicky
Good
Aftersales Manager (Current Employee) –  Motherwell, North Lanarkshire5 January 2018
Fast paced organisation
Growing used car market share
Process driven company
Good salary packages available
Progression and training available in all job roles
Stay away
Aftersales (Former Employee) –  Stoke citroen3 January 2018
Management don't care about staff just think about themselves, staff turnover horrendous, pay is joke,massive amount of customer complaints,do your self a favour choose to work some where else where you can be appreciated for your hard work.
Pros
Going home
Unproductive & Uncooperative Staff
Parts Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire29 December 2017
Employed by them as parts advisor. Senior staff uncooperative. Treatment of customers unfair with poor excuses. Once customers have paid up and over the odds for a vehicle they no longer want to know.
Excellent
Apprentice Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Peterborough City Centre, Cambridgeshire28 December 2017
Good place to work and learn, great staff and even better workshop team. Good facilities and a brand new workshop makes for a great general experience
Fun place to work
Vehicle technician (Former Employee) –  Borehamwood, Hertfordshire17 December 2017
Was a fun place to work, all the staff were very nice and helpful, I learnt a lot in my time working here and there was always a good variety of jobs.
Alloy wheel techition
Alloy wheel techintion (Former Employee) –  Sunderland Bridge, Durham13 December 2017
Worse place every worked got sort out your own work sales mangers dont help and since ive left been harrest by company stay away fron these bandits and no help from my manger with bullying sales staff
Great bunch of people
Fleet Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, Nottinghamshire8 December 2017
Overall my job satisfaction is high. I have a good work life balance and love the people I work with. However, I beleive the time has come to move on. I want to progress in the motor industry and unfortunately to do that I believe this lies away from Peugeot Mansfield.
Fast paced lots of hours
service leader duties, organising staff (Current Employee) –  Cheltenham3 December 2017
I have broadened my knowledge so quickly, I learnt disciplinary procedures, 121, I took on a hospitality role but quickly got promoted to management working over 60 hours most weeks.
The staff were so helpful.
Pros
Get to meet lots of interesting people and drive nice cars
Cons
Long hours with poor commission structure
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Falkirk, Falkirk30 November 2017
Not enough money for the hours put in, the commission structure is a joke. Good sales team to work with, management as a whole is pretty up and down as expected but the Dealer Principal is the best I have worked for.
Pros
Good team
Cons
Long hours for low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pendragon. Our community is ready to answer.