Peacocks Employee Reviews

not what i expected
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  woodgreen8 November 2017
Wasn't all tha didn't spend long there it was only work experience, but it was boring to me lucky my friend and I got the same place. spent most of the time in the stock room
Work Experience
General Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 November 2017
My very first job opened up a door of responsibility. There was always something to do and the management team encouraged me and offered me a part time job after I finished work experience.
Disrespectful and it’s not really a fun place
Sales Assistant (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Harlesden, Greater London8 November 2017
Overall this peacocks is not the worst work place, however it could be better in terms of the the environment Health,salary etc..management sometimes can be disrespectful.
Pros
Nothing free
Cons
Short hours
Lovely work environement
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ellesmere Port, Cheshire6 November 2017
As i only worked at Peacocks for 4 weeks, i gained a lot of experience from working with customers, and it has allowed to undestand how to treat customers as i did not have a job before hand, These skills of customer sevice i was able to take to my current Job.
Pros
collegeues
Cons
Poor pay
Fast environment
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bargoed, Caerphilly3 November 2017
Very nice place e to work, clothes and stock are always sectioned neat and tidy always looks warm and welcoming for customers staff are always there to help
Overworked workforce
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  North West2 November 2017
Expect their teams to think they are machines & overwork them. No gratitude given for your hard work & expect you not to have a life of your own.
Very slave driven company & expect more hours out of you.Dictate to you & use you to the core till human life cant bare anymore.
They dont care about the people but are more bothered about the money- a very greedy & selfish company.
Dont waste your time & life with them!!! I did it & its the biggest regret in my life.Think Twice or take the risky plunge!!!
Pros
Cons
The Company
Terrible company to work for
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halesowen, West Midlands30 October 2017
They don’t offer many hours as it goes to management who do nothing they think they can forget what they used to do when they were a colleague. The company does nothing by the book at all. I’ve been working for the company well over a year and the work that your expected to do is unrealistic . The pay is terrible you get under paid often then they refuse to pay you what you’re owed because “they’ve paid you right” head office is terrible do not answer the phones when needed they provide no help what’s so ever.
Stay well away from the company.
Pros
Non
Cons
Pay, hardly any days off, head office are terrible and nothing is done properly how it’s meant to.
A great experience
Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Pont-y-pŵl27 October 2017
Duties included, greeting and serving customers, helping a customer with any queries, checking stock availability, product pricing, working on tills and completing transactions, tidying and cleaning the shop floor, restocking goods and replenishing stock.
Key holder
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Durham26 October 2017
I enjoyed working at peacocks.I had the responsibility for opening the shop in the morning and securing it at night my other duties Included handling money and using cash tills organising daily staff rotas cashing up at night and balancing tills organising deliveries and assisting in all departments on the shop floor
Pros
Loved working for peacocks great atmosphere fab staff
fun workplace
Retail (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton25 October 2017
had a good work experience within the retail sector, worked with the staffs which they were very kind and help full and was restocking and helping costumers
productive workplace
Part time Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tonbridge, Kent18 October 2017
working at peacocks I learnt a lot of communication skills by talking to customers and working with other colleagues. I like working at peacocks as it is a friendly environment.
Pros
good hours
Cons
the pay
Amazing job with amazing people there
Shop Assistant - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Crewe16 October 2017
I loved the job in peacocks because I learnt there lots of things. It was my first job so I could do with till, I know how correct I should give pegs and lots of another things. Workplace was always cleaned and personalised for customers. The management were really kind and I have never forgiven them! :)
Relaxed and Enjoyable
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wisbech9 October 2017
Great as a first job and a way to ease you into the work environment. The colleagues are friendly and fantastic to train you up in the retail line of work.

They are fair employers and make sure you always feel comfortable yet work hard.

It can be challenging due to the public but during training you learn hot to deal with such people. Alongside this there is till training, health and safety and customer service training.
Pros
Great Colleagues
Cons
Hard to get extra hours on request
productive
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Colchester, Essex5 October 2017
serving customers - sales,refunds,exchanges
lovely people to work with
there are always things to be doing whether thats cleaning, tidying or serving lovely customers
Pros
shifts go quickly
Cons
cant get extra shifts/hours
Friendly place staff were so supportive and nice. Like a little family
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Biggleswade, Bedfordshire2 October 2017
Loved working there unfortunately didn’t get along with one member of staff, felt intimidated and had to leave due to lack of respect given. Apart from that the people where so nice, you’re never pushed outside your comfort zone and they all look after you
Pros
Second family
Cons
Lack of hours (some would love that!!!)
Excellent first job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dartford, Kent22 September 2017
Working at Peacocks was my first job. The management and the rest of the team were very welcoming. They gave me plenty of flexibility as I was also studying at college/
Poor workplace
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Belfast22 September 2017
Enjoyable place to work with great staff. The company offer an employee discount card, that is the only real benefit to working within the company, very unstructured organisation with poor treatment towards staff from senior management.
Great place to work!
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire21 September 2017
Peacocks is a great, easy going place to work. both colleagues and managers are friendly and helpful. Typical day at work is working on the tills/handling money, unpack delieverys and put them out on shop floor, making sure shop floor, till space is tidy and changing rooms are tidy, putting out clothes back to shop floor from changing rooms, making sure customers are satisfied and helping them as much as you can.
Very productive and fun to work for
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea20 September 2017
Worked as team with meeting some nice people, very friendly, took in turns to work at til then sorting clothes on rails, overall a nice environment to be in
Pros
Easy going throughout the day
Cons
No extra hours
Friendly workplace
Picker (Former Employee) –  Nantgarw, Rhondda Cynon Taff19 September 2017
I liked working in peacocks but it became too repetitive and boring. The people were helpful, friendly and it was a good environment to be in. Was also kept neat.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Time goes slow