Peacocks Employee Reviews

Great
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen12 February 2018
Peacocks was a great place to work, staff were friendly and welcoming. I made some really god friends there and will never forget them. I was really good friends with the managers too
Absolutely awful company
Sales Colleague (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London11 February 2018
Doesn't deserve a star for any category. Poor training, management, pay, merchandise and overall the most unprofessional company I've ever worked for.
Doesn’t pay well enough
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woolwich, Greater London9 February 2018
I personally do not think that peacocks pay well enough or offer enough hours for an individual to survive on. Other than that it is a pleasant company to work for.
Ok
Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Didcot, Oxfordshire30 January 2018
Worked here for 3 years when i left school. My job role entitlements were to serve customers, sort stock, tidy up through out the day, returns and exchanges etc
Pros
All day shifts
Cons
The hours
Busy store
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ellesmere Port, Cheshire25 January 2018
It is a busy store, high stock turn over and stock variety kept it interesting. Dealing with preventing theft on a regular basis, and thinking of new ways to put people off stealing stock. It was a decent place to work.
Pros
Discount
Cons
High theft rate from customers
Sales Assistant
Shop Floor Worker (Former Employee) –  Newbury, Berkshire24 January 2018
Worked 18 hours in November 2017, only paid for 10. Tried to contact direct by email, only receive 'reroute' back saying not sent. or will get back within three days.
Would not ever go back in and will advise friends and family not to shop here in West Berkshire
Pros
nice staff on shop floor.
Cons
Not paying staff for all the hours they work
not happy
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Norwich23 January 2018
they dont pay people well at all
they really push you to make believe goals and conversions
The company needs better marketing and better clothing ,
Pros
not sure i get a paycheck
Cons
unrealistic goals
Worst experience with worst company
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Midlands22 January 2018
They break laws on a regular basis. My store hasnt even been properly built as the company is very tight and do not like paying out. So health and safety is out the window, wires hanging from the ceiling, leaking from the sewers. Staff in charge in most stores are in it for themselves and will do anything to get to the top. Company is full of bullies and know how to make their staff feel undervalued. Told on a regular basis that we are all disposable and incapable of doing our jobs. Pay is awful and hours are so low due to short budgets. Awful company
Bad, Bad, Bad
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Sussex15 January 2018
A bad company to work for. Only interested in profit and not the well being of staff. You will only ever get 4hr shifts and expected to drop everything at the drop of a hat. if you feel like you have been picked on by management they don't listen. They also allow the managers to bully, forcing your notice, only to be sacked. Not parent friendly. and if your face don't fit your gone.
Cons
Short hours and not parent frendly
alright workplace
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London1 January 2018
I had to clean up the store, help customers, direct them to their clothing items that they wanted and put the clothes and shoes on the shelves and racks. I learnt new skills in retailing such as dealing with customers, I did not find the job difficult and the most enjoyable part was helping customers.
Workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aberystwyth, Ceredigion28 December 2017
I was responsible for the opening of the store and staff for that day sorting the till floats and delegated jobs for the day.
I learned how the office system worked and how to take a conference call with the area manager.
I never found the work hard as I enjoyed it so much and what I loved the most were the people I worked with and working as a team.
Pros
Flexable hours
fun workpalce
calling a supervisor when necessary (Former Employee) –  Burnt Oak Station24 December 2017
Advised customers on purchases or persuaded them to buy products
Assisted with stock control, by receiving and checking deliveries, renewing stock from the storeroom or warehouse, and keeping financial and stock records
Answered customer queries, demonstrated how items worked, and directed customers to products
Dealt with complaints in a polite and professional manner, calling a supervisor when necessary
Answered telephone calls from members of the public, suppliers or other businesses
Kept the store clean, tidy and secure using equipment including mops and brushes
Maintained displays of goods and ensured items were correctly priced
Operated cash tills and took payments from customers for goods purchased
Processed payments using cash and credit/debit cards, and customer loyalty or discount cards when necessary
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
work load
Very demanding
Manger (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff22 December 2017
Very demanding company
They give you silly budgets which you just can’t meet
Expect you to stay late most nights to launch promo and sale
Never will you get your time back as they say they don’t give it back.
Good regional mangers also good to work under.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Long hours way over 45 a week
Enjoyed the experiance
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barking and Dagenham, Greater London15 December 2017
Working in peacocks allowed me to have a brief idea of what and how things were run. I was able to pick up on specific instructions and how to complete tasks such as categorizing items and making sure everything was placed in the right area.
Overall it was a very good experiance, staff members were nice and I received great feedback.
Pros
Free lunch
Friendly workplace
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maesteg, Bridgend5 December 2017
Working at peacocks for an experience, everyone was so welcoming and friendly was a lovely little job to have while you studied or had a busy personal life.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Pay rate was low, didn't receive uniform discount
Working from School
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waltham Cross26 November 2017
Come on I work in Balance and Job from School work they for 1 week to give me something ease from School Work what ease can I see it was not payed work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham24 November 2017
Only worked here temporary, the management and co workers were very nice. A typical day consisted of sorting clothes out, staying at the changing room doors etc.
Pros
Good enviroment
Cons
Temporary
Good experience
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough11 November 2017
From started this job as a sales assistant I learnt a lot of skills and moved my way up to be a supervisor. I enjoyed my time here and enjoyed building myself. It was hard at times sticking to certain deadlines and being thrown in at the deep end but I also enjoyed a challenge!
Pros
Some of the people
Cons
Very demanding
not what i expected
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  woodgreen8 November 2017
Wasn't all tha didn't spend long there it was only work experience, but it was boring to me lucky my friend and I got the same place. spent most of the time in the stock room
Work Experience
General Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 November 2017
My very first job opened up a door of responsibility. There was always something to do and the management team encouraged me and offered me a part time job after I finished work experience.