OXFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL Employee Reviews

Two days are never the same
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Banbury30 August 2017
I work with children aged 5-6 so have to deal with a variety of issues. My day consists of assisting the teacher with the daily lessons, taking small groups of children for extra learning.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
Low wages and being paid pro rata - school term only
Good place to work.
SENIOR SEN TEACHING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Abingdon, Oxfordshire8 August 2017
Good professional development and support for staff. OngoIng training to ensure you are confident and capable in carrying out your job. Good teamwork within the staff.
Good flexible working arrangement.
Senior Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Abingdon, Oxfordshire27 July 2017
I worked with my own initiative and had a specific role to perform for the team.
I had to prioritise my cases and workload and was allowed to be creative and as a result produced excellent results.
I learned how to apply good strategies, innovation and good time management.
I also had to train and support the junior staffs and use the ability to solve complex problems; taking the initiative to find solutions.
The hardest part of the job was the amount of daily travel.
I enjoyed being given the opportunity to be creative and to use my own initiative.
Pros
Flexible working and support
Cons
Travelling
Helping others to achieve
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Oxfordshire29 June 2017
Early starts with flexible working across the corporate estate. Managing Health and Safety, Contracts and Contractors escalating issues and auditing. Liaising with stakeholders and partners, working with great staff and meeting members of the public. managing staff and working to tight deadlines.
Pros
Working with fabulous people
Cons
Pay
Enjoyable place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Oxfordshire4 June 2017
Typical day at work involves serving customers and general admin duties. No chance of advancement. Wages and recruitment freeze and constant fear of further job cuts. Lovely colleagues and customers make job worthwhile
Productive Workplace
Specialist Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire3 April 2017
Productive Workplace. Good benefits. Hardworking team. Some parts of the job can be stressful i.e safeguarding cases, but it is also very rewarding knowing that you are making a difference to someone's life.
Pros
Able to make a difference
Cons
Can sometimes be a stressful environment
supportive personnel
Highway inspector (Current Employee) –  Drayton, Oxfordshire28 March 2017
As a highway inspector you can spend a lot of your day working alone thou their is always someone to support you when required.
They do allow flexi hours which is a very good perk and you are also supplied with a company vehicle again a get plus.
Dealing with the general public can sometimes be very demanding but also very rewarding.
You work within a small team with support each other and do socialise (team bounding) when time allows.

You can also work from home through the internet all and all this is a very good job, it can get quite demanding at times and you may find yourself working longer hours than required.
Pros
company vehicle /supportive management
Cons
High expectation from the public (stress)
I had great fun
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire7 March 2017
While I was working there I had great fun, I did really like working in the front desk and I never had any issue with the staff or customers, I do recommend it
organized workplace
Supported Living Worker (Former Employee) –  Witney, Oxfordshire21 February 2017
A good supportive workplace,no two days were the same ,hardest part of the job was the unsociable hours , but you could maintain a good work home balance .
Unpredictable
PA to Service Managers (Former Employee) –  Oxford10 December 2016
Working for the County Council was lovely, it is full of so many wonderful, friendly, caring people & you really feel like you are doing work to make good in Oxfordshire. However the pay as appalling & they go through changes so often, so many cuts, there is no job security at all.
Pros
Amazing people
Cons
No job security
Teaching Skills
Class Teacher (Primary) (Former Employee) –  Banbury3 December 2016
A fast-paced, challenging career, full of rewards. Essential to be team-player and to multi-task. Involves working closely will colleagues, outside agencies and families to promote learning for children.
Supportive
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oxford27 October 2016
The company is good at supporting you to further develop your career and will support you through transitions that may happen.

My Review is the same as the previous one.
Fun workplace
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Oxford8 October 2016
Working at the Riverside centre was fun I got to develop a lot of new skills and met a lot of different people. It was a well structured working environment, and i had all the help i needed from co-workers.
Interesting and varied employment
Support Worker/Key Worker (Former Employee) –  Oxfordshire22 September 2016
A typical day could be supervising child contacts with adult family members, arranging visits to foster carers, appointments with health and education.
I learnt communication skills with a variety of people and how to handle difficult situations.
Management was several layers of professional social workers who I had to liaise with.
My co-workers were very supportive to work with and on hand to give advice.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult situations involving children and parents.
To resolve a difficult situation and see children secure and happy again was enjoyable.
Pros
Varied
Cons
Emotionally draining
Waste Support Officer (Current Employee) –  Oxford21 September 2016
I enjoy my time working at OCC. You meet different people on most days and what you do affects what people do each day. In waste you can see how people recycling and you are doing your part to make Oxfordshire great.
Stimulating environment
Teaching Assistant Level 3 (Current Employee) –  Oxford12 June 2016
Creating learning interventions that work and stimulating spaces for the children's learning..
Learning new skill everyday.
Good management leader skills.
All co-workers are supportive of each other.
Not having enough time in the day!
Seeing end results.
Pros
Summer Holidays, Half Terms
Cons
Salary!
Working environment
SAP Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oxford5 April 2016
Nice working environment, flexible working
Working day involved resolving incidents and test of fixes. Liaising with end users and third party support
Oxfordshire. Nicee place to work, Good employerts
Clerk of Works (Former Employee) –  Oxfordshire26 March 2016
06/14 – 08/14 OXFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL
Clerk of Works
Inspecting many aspects of buildings and highway construction, including quality of materials .......................and their correct use and placement, on housing schemes where the finished product is to be .......................adopted by the Local Authority
Pros
Good people /fellow engineers
Cons
Long way to travel
fantastic workplace
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  High Street, ENG20 November 2015
Working in a library is not like any other jobs.its relaxing,sociable and very rewarding.management was great and everyone who worked there worked as a team.so much was learned and you got to know all the local people who used the local library.hardest part was having to leave as the service is now being run by volunteers.
Pros
first look nat new books!
Cons
lost job due to volunteers running
Good pay and benefits but your workload is why
Support Officer (Current Employee) –  Oxford, ENG14 September 2015
Good employer, lots of benefits. Need to be a hard worker who can cope with a stressful environment, flexible working is a bonus.