OCS Employee Reviews

If your absolutley desperate for money & dont care how your treat for it
Retail stocktaker (Current Employee) –  Durham, Durham6 November 2017
Diabolical company no reguard for health & safety, & no respect for workers. Pay is never correct & you have to fight for months to be corrected on a regular basis.
No pay for travel & not enough regular work. Management are rude, arrogant & dont have a problem lying to your face to get what they want out of you then stab you in the back
Absolute joke of a company avoid like the plague if you have any self worth.
Pros
Teams you work with are great to get on with
Cons
Absolutley none
Awful place with awful staff
Facilities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, Renfrewshire3 November 2017
I lasted 1 week, working at OCS in Renfrew, I have never worked in such a horrible, dreary place, clearly its the management that bring this place down, I was lied to about my starting salary and I just did not trust any the staff.
Pros
Cons
very bad managment
Fun but poor bussiness
Counter Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hull2 November 2017
Poor place to work in. Says you can work when you want but the staff at the office expect you to work every shift if you don't you basically get punished and end up not getting no jobs... Poor management can turn up to a shift and then can get signed off if you do something so little wrong. So means you don't get paid and cant go home so your sitting about waiting for it to finish and your not allowed to talk on some certain persons shift so expect to work and then end up falling asleep as it's that boring.. the only good thing is the supervisors and some off the staff can have a laugh with them.
Pros
Supervisors and staff
Cons
Dont get paid for travel and management team
Was fun to work with this company
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh2 November 2017
I liked working for ocs u eaither work on ur own or with a team witch i enjoyed company is very polite get treated well would recommend ocs to amy8if there looking for a job
Steward Event
Event Steward (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London30 October 2017
i gained how to deliver great customer service. the hardest part is that you need to stand in one position for long hours. The most enjoyable part is when you meet new people.
Okay
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Taunton30 October 2017
The people I worked with were friendly and helpful and the upper levels of management appeared incompetent and did not care about the staff working there.
Ok
Customer Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham / Airport26 October 2017
Not very good management and lots of bickering Between staff not very good at sorting mistakes with pay poor company if I'm being honest could do with better managers
Pros
Cons
Lots
Fun workplace
Cleaning Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Redcar24 October 2017
Driving staff around site.
Done IOSH course and PAT testing course.
Great place to work.
Staff were great to work with.
Management where there when needed.
Pros
Helpful Management
Poor and rude management
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Staffordshire17 October 2017
If you want to work for a company that will be rude to you, pick on you and not get anything right then this is the company for you.
Liars when you ring them up asking if something has been done and bullying behaviour
AVOID
Pros
Cons
Rude management, in fair treatment
Not a good place to work
Traffic Officer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham13 October 2017
Within the traffic dept definitely a culture of bullying, and there is a clic and if your not in it, your on the outside and treated accordingly, as in not wanted shown your not wanted.
Pros
non
Cons
bullying
Enjoyable
Cleaning Operative (Former Employee) –  Daventry, Northamptonshire11 October 2017
I really enjoyed this job unfortunately the contract was taken over by a different company and I left as I felt the new management was not good enough.
Pros
The people you work with
Weak Management
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  East Anglia11 October 2017
Disorganised, knee-jerk responses, no care for the individual. A tick-box mentality.
This is not a company I would recommend anyone to work for, however, a different management team in another location may provide better control.
Poor Company, and you never know where your next shift is coming from
Stocktaker (Current Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands10 October 2017
Have been working for OCS since April and have only ever completed 2 shifts because the hrs are all over the place. You either get contacted by the mini bus driver last minute or you make your request known online. You don't get paid to travel and the money you do make is very little for the hours you're actually working rather than traveling.
Pros
Cons
Hours, Organisation
Fun workplace
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire22 September 2017
Very good company.. enjoyed working for them ..havent seen anything bad .money was good and kind people . I would love to work for the company again .
Good system
Janitor/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London17 September 2017
I enjoyed my time working with OCS, my work unit was small but we where pretty close.
Managers worked well with staff, work balance could be hectic but the compeny was willing to pay overtime.
There are plenty of different role within OCS.
Pros
Uniform provied, overtime
Cons
Strict policys
It was ok
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Chepstow15 September 2017
Not bad job fair pay and the workers there are friendly. Pay wasnt always on time but when spoken to with manager they sorted it no problems. Would work again.
No redeeming qualities whatsoever
Warehouse Person (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London13 September 2017
An absolutely abysmal company to work for. The hours are terrible, the pay is laughable and there are no benefits and no perks. Overtime (including Sundays) is paid at the normal (minimum wage) rate. The management are completely devoid of all compassion regarding work/life balance etc and seem to think they own your soul once you've signed a contract. Terrible. Don't do it.
Pros
Cons
Plenty. Some listed here.
People you work with are ok and welcoming but the company is a joke
Stocktaker (Former Employee) –  England5 September 2017
The hours u wake up are ungodly and the team leaders are selfish and don't care for others but if ur after the money and don't care how I get treated the go for it
A good First Job
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon23 August 2017
I found that working within OCS was very helpful in terms of working around college and allowed me to build up confidence at a younger age by giving me responsibility over an entire office floor in terms of cleaning.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
not a long term job
Poor management
Senior Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Derbyshire21 August 2017
Awful management with a culture of bullying staff into doing overtime and being given tasks that far out reach the job title and spec. Spoken to and treated like a number being told on a regular basis how easily staff can be replaced. Very little communication from operation managers, no family life balance and no room for progression. Nothing in the way of staff benefits and when sick in hospital an area supervisor came to check I was on the ward I said I was because they thought I was lying.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OCS. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9