Nurse Plus Employee Reviews

Soulless corporate company
Nil (Former Employee) –  Kent12 November 2017
Not paid for training, uniforms, travel time, team meetings, supervision or appraisals. Dbs is reimbursed after a period of time however you need to pay them first.

Very unsecure work for a care worker.

Working in the office is unsecure also, senior management team are unapproachable and mostly all related to one another so whistleblowing policy is not adhered to. Senior management are very reactive and unsupportive.
Definitely not a 9 - 5, on call 24/7 which is used for non emergency issues quite often and is poorly paid. Seen three members of office staff have mental breakdowns due to the stress and lack of support.

No career progression, office training or genuine staff engagement with this company.

Total lack of genuine care from head office for clients and staff, only focused on avoiding looking bad to CQC.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, lack of support from senior managers
Productive and fun workplace
Domiciliary Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Ashford2 November 2017
Hard work and varied. Love to meet the patients to try to brighten their day. The management are very good. The pay is not the best but meeting new people each day is very good.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Great company to work for.
Domiciliary Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Gosport, Hampshire6 September 2017
I have worked with Nurse Plus for 3 months now. I really enjoy my job, I am local to my house and have shifts every time I need them; fits in well with family life. The management are good and if you have issues they deal with them straight away, you can change availability with 2 weeks notice too which is helpful. Always have work available and you get paid weekly.
Pros
Good pay, flexible hours, local, good management team, support available, weekly pay
Cons
Pay for own DBS, pay for uniform, not paid for training
Not a good place to work for
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire26 July 2017
At first they very enthusiastic about getting you on board and once you are on board they won't listen to any concerns that you may have. When you give them your availability for the following week you get decent shifts. But as soon as you say you're not available you are treated like dirt and not contacted for a while. You run round after them but you still don't get any shifts even though they say at the beginning that there are shifts coming in all the time.
Pros
decent shifts
Cons
no shifts when you tell them you are not available
Love working as an agency nurse- with its freedom to choose the hours you want
Registered Mental Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  Exeter, Devon18 July 2017
Great team, great manager , always available to to talk to . Great way to gain experience in different fields and to try something new.
I have found that I have learned so much about myself, as well as the clients. I would definitely do it all again!
Pros
Flexible working hoirs
Cons
Need a more permanent work pattern
Professional company to work for
Domiciliary Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire12 July 2017
I love my job working for Nurse Plus in Swindon. I have never worked for such a friendly and professional office team whom always go that extra mile for you. There is always a variety of work on offer however the office team appreciate that we have a life outside work as well and give us alternate weekends off
Pros
Great office team
Cons
None that i know of
Terrible
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire26 June 2017
Total lack of communication,office staff incapable of doing a good job, clients are mostly wonderful but are constantly messed around some not have their full support because lack of staff
Great benifits and good company
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire11 May 2017
The office is busy and has a great manager. Worked for them for a long time and enjoyed all the areas that I have worked in. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with targets and making sure that every employee had enough work. There is pressure but I think I work better under pressure so this was not a problem for me.
Friendly office staff and workers
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Maidstone, Kent3 May 2017
The pay is good, especially bank holidays and nights.I have enjoyed my time so far with nurse plus, they are a great company to work for. I enjoy my work with them.
Pros
Good pay rates
Cons
Not always enough hours
Nurse Plus West Bromwich
Health Care Assistant (HCA) (Current Employee) –  West Bromwich, West Midlands26 April 2017
I have been working here for the last month, I have found the office staff to be friendly and helpful, The training has been efficient, I.enjoy my time here at nurse plus, good company and I would recommend them as a nursing agency.
Pros
Flexible Hours & Friendly and Helpful office staff
Honest Caring Company
HCA/Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Chester26 April 2017
Love working for Nurse Plus. The staff really care and the free training is a real plus. I have worked for other agencies but never looked after like I am here.
Pros
People
Great company to work for
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ashford, Kent26 April 2017
I have worked for Nurse Plus for 8 years, the work is varied and the pay is in-line with local competitors. Training is good and there is scope to progress within the company if that what you wish to do.
Pros
Varied work, friendly staff
Cons
Would like more feedback
Don't work for this company
Care Assistant/Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Taunton23 April 2017
Awful company to work for - very little training outside the mandatory 4 day training when you join.........lots of mis-bookings, no support, waited 18 months or MAPPA training/ End of life Care etct etc eventually went else where......hardest part - putting up with the rudeness and belittling by the office staff.....What I learned - do not work for this company......workplace culture - they employ anybody .....Mangagement - a joke
Pros
Cons
Extremely unprofessional
Very bad place to work
HCA (Current Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire19 April 2017
Don't ever go there. Management terrible even clients complain, office staff have there favourites who they give hours to, would not recommend any one to work there, and wouldn't recommend them as a care company for somebody, they take too many clients which means unfortunately some clients have missed calls, if you want job security and to be treated with respect nurseplus is not for you
Pros
Clients, colleagues
Cons
Everything about nurse plus
Home Care
Home Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newton Abbot, Devon18 April 2017
Nurse Plus are a good company to work for if you want to work in the community as well as in care homes and establishments. Unfortunately the hours they gave me were not enough to live on and pay the bills each week which is a shame as care is a passion of mine. You are not paid mileage like other companies which is something to think about before applying, i wasn't told until i got the job.
Pros
Cons
communication, not paid milage
Moving from home to home.
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Suffolk6 April 2017
Lovely ,supportive encouraging management. Good free ongoing training.
Everybody thinks agency workers get higher wage. This is not true.
Minimum wage here Moving from home to home, not always easy, as difficult to remember where everything is in each home.Al though most regular staff are nice, some are tricky, and don't like agency staff. And you occasionally get used as the runaround while regulars staff are sitting doing nothing.
Lovely looking after people, a very meaningful job.. It's so nice to make a difference to people's lives.
Pros
Making a difference to peoples lives.Meeting new people
Cons
Minimum wag, Regular staff have no time to show you the ropes, Then get annoyed because you dont know.
Good job
Dom carer support worker (Current Employee) –  Southampton area3 April 2017
A good job.... but no pay for training, milage or travel time. Jobs cancelled without notice.. office badly organised no clue about logistics, areas, organising of staff and they don't tell clients when changes are made. You will be a yo yo wasting time and fuel they do not keep to agreed hours and days of work and there is no security as it's an agency....on the whole in house training is good but no support at all for me to finish my btec. .
Cons
Badly organised no job security they dont keep to agreed hours
The job is very rewarding and is a great company to work for
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire30 March 2017
I love working for nurse plus as the office staff and the clients are amazing. The care staff I work along side are enthusiastic and help to make the work day an enjoyable experience.
Pros
Being able to balance work and home life as flexible hours
Cons
Not secured work
Good workplace
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, Wiltshire24 March 2017
Have worked for the company for 10 years and has been a good company to work for . They have very good training and help when ever needed. Good team at head office
St Helens Branch
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside22 March 2017
Lovely company to work for viv.gill and audrey look after their staff at st helens branch. Always regular work, i have never been without hours since i started there. They are very approachable and always contacting us to see how we are and if we got any concerns. Recieved a thank you card from them for hard work.
Pros
Loads of Hours and work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nurse Plus. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7