Nuffield Health Employee Reviews

Very fun environment friendly and professional
Cleaning Operative (Current Employee) –  Stockly park14 December 2017
Nuffield health is a great place too work worked for many companies and Nuffield health is definitely the best I need a job that I can have management who understands my disability and know that I do my very best each day and they are great and so are my team
Pros
Breaks:good pay plenty too do
Fun work place
Personal trainer (Current Employee) –  London1 December 2017
Place to be if you have a passion for Health and Fitness. However in regards to salary it can be tough at the very beginning depending on the site you are at but with perseverance you can do well with the company.
Pros
Great members and staffs
Cons
Can be tough at the start like any other job involving business development.
Stressfull, not the place that you want to work at
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  London, UK21 November 2017
I've worked at Nuffield Health Hendon for about a year, as a Sales Executive, full time.

The working hours are alright, but that is probably the only good think about the company.

Nuffield is trying to save as much money as possible from their employees. I started in the company back in November 2016, the gym had a lifeguards, full time cleaners and they were paying me a fair comisson. To save money, they sacked the lifeguards, reduced the hours of the cleaners, so the gym, changing rooms, and the pool, were really not as luctiary, as the price of the membership that they charge.

They normaly set unrealistic targets for the Sales team, because the Nuffiled Health Hospitals are in debt and try to make profit from their gyms. They also reduced the comission structure that they were paying the Sales Executives, as I had to reach at least 90% of my target, otherwise they wouldn't pay comission.

The managers are changing every couple of months, and I haven't seen a manager to work there for more than 6 months, beacuse they are really underpaid as well.

Long story short, I wouldn't recommend to anyone to work at Nuffiled Health, because you are going to waste your time.
Cons
Really underpaid
30 November 2017

Firstly, thank you for sharing your feedback.
As a business, we often will make changes that will in-turn improve our customer and employee experiences. In particular, the lifeguards were reduced from this site due to lifeguards not being required in adult sessions – this enabled us to make some other great improvements to benefit the site and teams.
We value the opportunity to listen to feedback and make any necessary improvements, if you’d like to do discuss anything in more detail please reach out to sarah.williams@nuffieldhealth.com

fun place to work but No work/life balance
Administration Manager / Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol17 November 2017
Fast progression but not rewarded with salary,
Team make the place a nice place to work,
Expected to take work home with you and complete work at home,
Always learning new skills and there is support there,
Good staff benefits on portal,
Pros
Fun atmosphere... Friends at work
Cons
Low salary, long hours, only me that knew my role so no club support
29 November 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback of your recent employment with us, we're disappointed to hear this and would like to re-assure you that this doesn't reflect the values and culture that we strive to provide. We would like to discuss your feedback in more detail so that we can make necessary improvements, please can you reach out to sarah.williams@nuffieldhealth.com if you are happy to do so.

Great Family feeling
Front of House (Current Employee) –  Preston13 November 2017
A busy but fun environment to work in. The staff all become part of a family in which the members also become part of that family. The hardest part of the job is sometimes the crazy changes in pace.
22 November 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We often receive feedback on a family culture from our people, and it's especially great to hear this culture thrives in all areas of the business including gyms and hospitals.

Great industry to work in
Cash & Banking Manager (Current Employee) –  Epsom9 November 2017
Challenging but rewarding work, many benefits available. Good working environment with a true team spirit. Many opportunities for progression within the business.
Benefits
Cons
Work life balance
22 November 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback, its great to hear that our working culture in our Epsom Support Centre is reflected in your experience.

Fun work place
ODP (Current Employee) –  Essex8 November 2017
Very friendly people
Sometimes very long hours
Friendly management
A really don’t wNt to write too much in this box so I’m just using up the minim amount of text
Pros
Reduced food prices
29 November 2017

Thank you for your excellent feedback, it's great to hear. If there is any feedback you'd like to share in more detail please get in touch with us via sarah.williams@nuffieldhealth.com

Just don't have a clue
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London6 November 2017
What can I say.? Minimum wage, maximum expectation, hiding under employment as an opportunity to prove yourself and you just end up being used. HODs have no clue how to make a decent rota that suits their staff and end up with unhappy team. Huge pressure on duty management who always end up with the brunt of the blame if something higher management didn't manage well goes wrong.
Pros
Free gym
Cons
Bad staff morale
29 November 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear about your negative experience as it doesn't reflect the values and culture we strive to offer our people. Employee wellbeing is at the heart of what we do, so we will try and work shifts to suit individuals personal needs wherever possible. We are keen to discuss your feedback in more detail, if you are happy to then please get in touch with sarah.williams@nuffieldhealth.com in our HR department.

Health Care Assistant Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme24 October 2017
I started at Nufiield Health as an Apprentice with a provider call Lifetime Training. I learnt a lot on this job and enjoyed every moment, I worked within the theatre department and met with a lot of important people and saw a series of different operation preformed on patients, ever day was different and I learnt something new everyday.
Pros
Lovely welcoming staff, different cases every day, good pay, good hours
Cons
no cons
25 October 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback. It's great to hear you enjoyed your Apprenticeship with us as a HCA. We'll be offering more apprenticeships like this moving forward and would love to capture your experience in more detail. If you'd like to share this with us please reach out to sarah.williams@nuffieldhealth.com

it's a so so place west byfleet
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  West Byfleet, Surrey14 October 2017
Met some great people made some fantastic friends had a laugh and at times a positive atmosphere there however they only care about sales and nothing more.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Had to work around the acomadations and personal lives of managers
16 October 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. It's lovely to hear there is a good friendly team culture in West Byfleet. We can ensure that we care about the health and wellbeing of our employees and are disappointed to hear you feel sales came ahead of this. If you're happy to discuss your feedback in more details so that any necessary improvements can be made then please reach out to sarah.williams@nuffieldhealth.com

Want to know more about Nuffield Health?

Ask a question
very poor
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Chingford, Greater London4 October 2017
this company probably has the worst turnover for general managers and personal trainers.
Why is that?
I guarantee that the personal trainer who gets the job will not stay in this work place for more than 3 months. its awful place to work and if you are a pt looking for work do not work for Nuffield health.
Pros
you get paid for your shifts
Cons
very fake atomasphere, employ higher members of staff who swear at you and get away with it.
16 October 2017

We're sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy working with us in our Chingford site. We pride ourselves with a great Personal Trainer workforce, individuals who don't want to be self-employed are keen to reap the benefits of our career development paths, training and employee benefits. Should you have any feedback you'd like to discuss in more detail, please get in touch with Sarah in our HR department via sarah.williams@nuffieldhealth.com

Productive workplace
Patient Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire16 September 2017
A very good workplace and was able to build a good career and gain alot of knowledge and experience. The company was very supportive and helped me achieve my goals.
Pros
Suitable hours
Cons
Pay for lunch

Bookings co-ordinator
Bookings Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear15 September 2017
Huge disappointed. I was employed as a booking co-ordinator at the Newcastle upon Tyne branch. The role played to my strengths planning, excellent customer service and attention to detail. The team I worked with are great dedicated people from the business office, medical records, customer service and front of house. The problem with the branch is the higher management who hide in small offices unaware of the pressure the department are under. Initially I kept all my opinions to myself but in the last month I raised concerns. This resulted in one week I attended six 1to 1's with various people senior to me.
Pros
The hours and holidays are very good.
Cons
Stress
4 October 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear about your negative experience as it doesn't reflect the values and culture we strive to offer our people. We are keen to discuss your feedback in more detail, if you are happy to then please get in touch with sarah.williams@nuffieldhealth.com in our HR department.

Great company
Building Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Wokingham, Berkshire8 September 2017
Great place to work for, unfortunately lacking advancement of my career!
Hence I am looking to upgrade my status in the industry and utilise my experience and knowledge.
4 October 2017

Thank you for your feedback, it's great to hear you enjoyed your Building Services role with us. It's a shame we couldn't offer a development role for you but we wish you the best in your career.

Good working environment
Ward Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chandlers Ford4 September 2017
This was a friendly enjoyable place to work. Very busy at times but always ran smoothly. Worked on a shift basis and they were spread evenly amongst us.
Pros
Busy, good staff ratio to patients, a lot of training for different procedures
4 October 2017

Thank you for your recent feedback, it's great to hear. If there is any feedback you'd like to share in more detail please get in touch with us via sarah.williams@nuffieldhealth.com

Good training opportunities
Physiotherapist (Current Employee) –  Nuffield epsom3 September 2017
Some good CPD opportunities
Company driven by profit, but there are good learning opportunities. If they are relaxing their recruitment policies then a good company for less experienced practitioners
Pros
Free Gym membership
Cons
Triage
5 September 2017

Thank you for your feedback. CPD is a an area that we are proud to offer in our Physiotherapist careers.
Though we need to drive profit, as a trading charity, we do not have investors or shareholders to answer to – our customers and patients come first. All our income is invested back into operating and developing our health and wellbeing services and pioneering new models of care and delivery so that more people can benefit.
If you have any further feedback you would like to discuss in more detail please do get in touch with us via sarah.williams@nuffieldhealth.com so we can make any necessary improvements.

good at the beggining
Client Service Administrator (Current Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London31 August 2017
At the beginning everything seems to be quite ok, people seems to be happy until you can see the real background behind it. Managers doesn't appreciate the employees, is no reward, just once in 6months the "employee of the quarter" and just one person can win from 30employees. Since I'm working here no one from the from of house team won so what you'll earn when you'll get the job, this is how much you'll earn after 3/4/5 yrs of employment only if the government will increase the living wage in London.
Managers are giving more work and responsibilities until you will end up doing their job (more or less) and it's no appreciation, they are never happy, pleased with anything.
Right now all of us we're feeling very stressed, we don't care any more... it's not a healthy place to work in
Pros
weekends are off
Cons
crazy shifts, ebvery day we've got different shifts, management doesn't care about emplyees at all
5 September 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback of your recent employment with us, we're very disappointed to hear this and would like to re-assure you that this doesn't reflect the values and culture that we strive to provide. We would like to discuss your feedback in more detail so that we can make necessary improvements, please can you reach out to sarah.williams@nuffieldhealth.com if you are happy to do so.

poor organisation
Wellbeing advisor and personal trainer (Current Employee) –  Enfield, Greater London25 August 2017
I have learned a lot but management is not organised. They tend to bury their heads in the sand when problems arise as opposed to being proactive. The procedures are followed when it suits them.
Pros
training
Cons
poor management
5 September 2017

Terrible environment to work in, would not recommend anyone to work in the contact centre
Contact Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Epsom, Surrey13 August 2017
No training at all, very poor communication.
All the time you would hear other staff members complaining about the job, how people were bullying other staff members.
It seems to me they only cared about the staff that would come in late or ring in sick.
Pros
Nice building
Cons
No training, No customer care
5 September 2017

Thank you for sharing your recent feedback. We are disappointed to hear about your experience as we have an award winning contact centre that offers and Advance Training Programme to support these teams develop. We'd like to capture and improve upon why you didn't feel your experience reflected this in more detail, please get in touch with sarah.williams@nuffieldhealth.com if you are willing to discuss this in more detail.

Poor place to work. Worst lifeguard job I have had
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, Gloucestershire12 August 2017
Min pay and only one lifeguard per shift, therefore you will be on your own for the entitle shift(5 or 6 hours) as there is no one to rotate with you. You are meant to have a five mins break after 90 mins, and a 20 mins meal break per shift(both paid). However, in the five mins break they make you to do a pool test, which is not really a break but their logic is anytime away from the poolside counts as a break. Lifeguard very often have to guard the pool for more than 90 mins and sometime well over two hours which is against the NPLQ policy. Lifeguarding for this place is very , very lonely and boring, extremely difficult to stay alert due to the prolonged guarding. Lifeguard has very little opptunity to move on. I am a very experienced and qualified personal trainer but I had no chance to work in the gym despite numbers of requests. Some individual managers are nice and helpful, it is however the company policy let me down. I do not recommand anyone to work as a lifeguard for this company.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Poor pay, long hours
6 September 2017

Thank you for your feedback which we are concerned and disappointed to hear. Please can I encourage that you get in touch with us via sarah.williams@nuffieldhealth.com so we can look into your experience in more detail? We will endeavour to ensure our values are reflected and make any necessary improvements.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nuffield Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8