Nuffield Health Employee Reviews

very poor
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Chingford, Greater London4 October 2017
this company probably has the worst turnover for general managers and personal trainers.
Why is that?
I guarantee that the personal trainer who gets the job will not stay in this work place for more than 3 months. its awful place to work and if you are a pt looking for work do not work for Nuffield health.
Pros
you get paid for your shifts
Cons
very fake atomasphere, employ higher members of staff who swear at you and get away with it.
16 October 2017

We're sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy working with us in our Chingford site. We pride ourselves with a great Personal Trainer workforce, individuals who don't want to be self-employed are keen to reap the benefits of our career development paths, training and employee benefits. Should you have any feedback you'd like to discuss in more detail, please get in touch with Sarah in our HR department via sarah.williams@nuffieldhealth.com

Productive workplace
Patient Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire16 September 2017
A very good workplace and was able to build a good career and gain alot of knowledge and experience. The company was very supportive and helped me achieve my goals.
Pros
Suitable hours
Cons
Pay for lunch
4 October 2017

Thank you for your excellent feedback, it's great to hear. If there is any feedback you'd like to share in more detail please get in touch with us via sarah.williams@nuffieldhealth.com

Bookings co-ordinator
Bookings Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear15 September 2017
Huge disappointed. I was employed as a booking co-ordinator at the Newcastle upon Tyne branch. The role played to my strengths planning, excellent customer service and attention to detail. The team I worked with are great dedicated people from the business office, medical records, customer service and front of house. The problem with the branch is the higher management who hide in small offices unaware of the pressure the department are under. Initially I kept all my opinions to myself but in the last month I raised concerns. This resulted in one week I attended six 1to 1's with various people senior to me.
Pros
The hours and holidays are very good.
Cons
Stress
4 October 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear about your negative experience as it doesn't reflect the values and culture we strive to offer our people. We are keen to discuss your feedback in more detail, if you are happy to then please get in touch with sarah.williams@nuffieldhealth.com in our HR department.

Great company
Building Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Wokingham, Berkshire8 September 2017
Great place to work for, unfortunately lacking advancement of my career!
Hence I am looking to upgrade my status in the industry and utilise my experience and knowledge.
4 October 2017

Thank you for your feedback, it's great to hear you enjoyed your Building Services role with us. It's a shame we couldn't offer a development role for you but we wish you the best in your career.

Good working environment
Ward Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chandlers Ford4 September 2017
This was a friendly enjoyable place to work. Very busy at times but always ran smoothly. Worked on a shift basis and they were spread evenly amongst us.
Pros
Busy, good staff ratio to patients, a lot of training for different procedures
4 October 2017

Thank you for your recent feedback, it's great to hear. If there is any feedback you'd like to share in more detail please get in touch with us via sarah.williams@nuffieldhealth.com

Good training opportunities
Physiotherapist (Current Employee) –  Nuffield epsom3 September 2017
Some good CPD opportunities
Company driven by profit, but there are good learning opportunities. If they are relaxing their recruitment policies then a good company for less experienced practitioners
Pros
Free Gym membership
Cons
Triage
5 September 2017

Thank you for your feedback. CPD is a an area that we are proud to offer in our Physiotherapist careers.
Though we need to drive profit, as a trading charity, we do not have investors or shareholders to answer to – our customers and patients come first. All our income is invested back into operating and developing our health and wellbeing services and pioneering new models of care and delivery so that more people can benefit.
If you have any further feedback you would like to discuss in more detail please do get in touch with us via sarah.williams@nuffieldhealth.com so we can make any necessary improvements.

good at the beggining
Client Service Administrator (Current Employee) –  Canary Wharf, Greater London31 August 2017
At the beginning everything seems to be quite ok, people seems to be happy until you can see the real background behind it. Managers doesn't appreciate the employees, is no reward, just once in 6months the "employee of the quarter" and just one person can win from 30employees. Since I'm working here no one from the from of house team won so what you'll earn when you'll get the job, this is how much you'll earn after 3/4/5 yrs of employment only if the government will increase the living wage in London.
Managers are giving more work and responsibilities until you will end up doing their job (more or less) and it's no appreciation, they are never happy, pleased with anything.
Right now all of us we're feeling very stressed, we don't care any more... it's not a healthy place to work in
Pros
weekends are off
Cons
crazy shifts, ebvery day we've got different shifts, management doesn't care about emplyees at all
5 September 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback of your recent employment with us, we're very disappointed to hear this and would like to re-assure you that this doesn't reflect the values and culture that we strive to provide. We would like to discuss your feedback in more detail so that we can make necessary improvements, please can you reach out to sarah.williams@nuffieldhealth.com if you are happy to do so.

poor organisation
Wellbeing advisor and personal trainer (Current Employee) –  Enfield, Greater London25 August 2017
I have learned a lot but management is not organised. They tend to bury their heads in the sand when problems arise as opposed to being proactive. The procedures are followed when it suits them.
Pros
training
Cons
poor management
5 September 2017

Terrible environment to work in, would not recommend anyone to work in the contact centre
Contact Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Epsom, Surrey13 August 2017
No training at all, very poor communication.
All the time you would hear other staff members complaining about the job, how people were bullying other staff members.
It seems to me they only cared about the staff that would come in late or ring in sick.
Pros
Nice building
Cons
No training, No customer care
5 September 2017

Thank you for sharing your recent feedback. We are disappointed to hear about your experience as we have an award winning contact centre that offers and Advance Training Programme to support these teams develop. We'd like to capture and improve upon why you didn't feel your experience reflected this in more detail, please get in touch with sarah.williams@nuffieldhealth.com if you are willing to discuss this in more detail.

Poor place to work. Worst lifeguard job I have had
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, Gloucestershire12 August 2017
Min pay and only one lifeguard per shift, therefore you will be on your own for the entitle shift(5 or 6 hours) as there is no one to rotate with you. You are meant to have a five mins break after 90 mins, and a 20 mins meal break per shift(both paid). However, in the five mins break they make you to do a pool test, which is not really a break but their logic is anytime away from the poolside counts as a break. Lifeguard very often have to guard the pool for more than 90 mins and sometime well over two hours which is against the NPLQ policy. Lifeguarding for this place is very , very lonely and boring, extremely difficult to stay alert due to the prolonged guarding. Lifeguard has very little opptunity to move on. I am a very experienced and qualified personal trainer but I had no chance to work in the gym despite numbers of requests. Some individual managers are nice and helpful, it is however the company policy let me down. I do not recommand anyone to work as a lifeguard for this company.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Poor pay, long hours
6 September 2017

Thank you for your feedback which we are concerned and disappointed to hear. Please can I encourage that you get in touch with us via sarah.williams@nuffieldhealth.com so we can look into your experience in more detail? We will endeavour to ensure our values are reflected and make any necessary improvements.

Want to know more about Nuffield Health?

Ask a question
Productive, fun people to work with
Various (Current Employee) –  End of lease12 August 2017
No 2 days are ever the same
Booking in clients for their health assessments in a timely, professional manner,
Handling customer complaints in a professional and efficient manner through to complete resolution
Reducing revenue losses by dealing with cancellations efficiently and rebooking wherever possible
Recording and maintaining accurate information in a variety of in-house databases
Managing and resolving both internal and external client emails
Pros
Flexible, good benefits
Cons
can be stressful
5 September 2017

Lovely company to work for
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Anywhere10 August 2017
Nice place to work for. Complimentary membership and also an extra membership. Free access to the gym too
Discounted travel card and cheaper cinema tickets
5 September 2017

Thank you, it's great to hear your positive feedback and that you enjoyed our One Nuffield Health benefits!

Fun workplace
Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Hertfordshire10 August 2017
As I worked as a PT, I wanted more of a challenge, however, I moved over as duty manager and was taken away from my passion which is health and fitness.
Pros
Good 'perks at work'
Cons
Long weekend hours
Lots of work for very little money
Fitness Manager (Former Employee) –  London2 August 2017
Very poor pay, having to be supplemented by additional hours. In order to make a fair London wage, I had to work at least 20 hours extra per week, on top of the salaried 40
Pros
Great team members
Cons
Poor salary
5 September 2017

Thank you for your feedback, we're sorry to hear your feedback around pay. We do operate a Living Wage which is above the standard minimum wage to better support our employees. We'd be keen to hear more about your experience so we can make any necessary improvements, if you are happy to share this then please get in touch with sarah.williams@nuffieldhealth.com

Colleagues fun / shifts interfere with home life
Duty Manager/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Surrey31 July 2017
Typical day at work your never bored always something to do,
Different types of members who are fun and caring
Management ok
The hardest part of the job is being on your feet a lot and no breaks.
The most enjoyable are my colleagues and members.
Pros
Gym membership
Cons
Interfere with home life
9 August 2017

Thank you for your recent feedback, we value all types of feedback received and look to make improvements where possible. If you'd like to discuss any of your experience in more detail then please get in touch with sarah.williams@nuffieldhealth.com

Great work enviroment
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London25 July 2017
This job was very full on but I honestly met the best people - everyone enjoys working together and there is a good work ethic in the air.
It was a great job for people with a desire to sell and who have the gift of the gab; confidence in yourself and your product are key here!
9 August 2017

Thank you for your positive feedback, it's great to hear that your recent experience reflects our values and culture that we strive to achieve. If there is any specific feedback you'd like to pass on, we'd welcome you to get in touch with sarah.williams@nuffieldhealth.com

Fun,enjoyable, great start in sales
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London14 July 2017
I've worked at Nuffield health for just a little under a month now and I'm really enjoying it. The management team team here are fantastic and really supportive and making you feel a part of the team
Pros
Family atmosphere. Chilled and relaxed
Cons
Annual could be higher but is definitely a good starting point
9 August 2017

Fantastic company to work for
Pre-assessment co-ordinator/manager (Former Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees, Durham3 July 2017
Typical day , involved team meetings . Discussing with staff any problems and feedback.

Working as a team , and with varying departments .

Very well run , very little stress and great environment to work in .
Pros
All is good

nice atmosphere
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire2 July 2017
my day was 9am untill 5pm however i was only on work experience, staff worked a variety of shifts and some staff worked nights. most of the staff were lovely.
Pros
rewarding
4 July 2017

It's great to hear that you enjoyed your recent work experience placement with us - thank you for your feedback!

Fun place to work
Operations & Safety Manager/Regional Support North (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire1 July 2017
I enjoy my role and gives me the freedom to work. I enjoy my job and every day is different. The company want to do the best and ensure everyone is aiming to have healthy living.
Pros
Freedom to work
4 July 2017

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nuffield Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8