North Lincolnshire Council Employee Reviews

Fun Work place
Facilities/Environmental Manager (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire3 February 2018
Great collegues who all work as one, great sence of acheivement with lot of oppertunities to give something back. I really enjoyed working for North Lincs Council
Pros
local and very rewarding
Cons
Little chance for any advancement
Changeable
Senior Care Officer (Former Employee) –  Commuity18 January 2018
I worked within the community doing rehab and disablement with elderly and hospital discharge patients.
Also I worked in a residential unit with respite facilities.
I learnt a lot about the service in general and the different areas to which social services contribute.
Management were approachable and would assist where needed.
The hardest part of the job was keeping up with ever changing rules and regulations,most enjoyable making a difference.
Pros
Good working conditions
A good employer
Apprentice Chef (Current Employee) –  Scunrhorpe9 January 2018
They have provided a good amount of time for me to be able to complete my college studies as I have Fridays off work to do this. The work has been varied and I have learnt a lot about working in a full kitchen environment. The salary is only 1st year apprenticeship wage so £3.40 per hour.
I have been placed on the redeployment list but a lot of jobs are casual, 10 to 16 hrs per week.
I am completing my qualification early as I was given 18 months to complete and I am now on the last unit expecting to complete by end of January.
Pros
Includes a meal, is local so easy to get to and a good learning platform
Cons
No permanent job offer available at the end of my apprenticeship
fun and busy day
Ad-hock Polling Clerk (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire12 November 2017
Working as a poll clerk in a polling station on voting days. I enjoyed the long day and meeting and greeting new people, while working with great colleagues.
Cons
An experience not to be repeated
Fleet Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire6 October 2017
Kept in isolation in a porta cabin ,once only saw my manager for 20 minutes in 3 whole weeks. The cabin even had bars on the windows. The job did not progress in over two years, in fact it went backwards, with less to do after two years than there had been initialy.
Pros
good hours
Cons
No managment back up
Had to move on.
Teaching Assistant SEN (Former Employee) –  Brumby Junior School2 September 2017
A good , stable organisation to work for. I have worked here for 17 years within education. I gained valuable work experience in different environments and across different key stages. I was able to go on training and do courses. The staff I worked with daily were all very friendly and we worked well as a team. I will miss them the most. It is a shame that cuts were made to support staff within this school and it will leave vulnerable and less able students with little or no support reducing their potential to succeed.
Productive workplace
Children in care council advisor (Former Employee) –  Brigg, Lincolnshire21 August 2017
The work place was very good and relaxed. The job was amazing and working so closely with people was amazing. ALWAYS a different challenge to endure every day
Pros
My team
public sector
Mechanic Technician and Cover Manager (Current Employee) –  Scunthorpe19 August 2017
This work place is like a lot of other public sector organisations, the management is poor and the staff are under motivated and under appreciated. The public sector is going through a difficult period with budget cuts and this contributes to the way in which they treat their staff, rather than discipline the staff they change things in the working day in order to frustrate their staff in order for them to leave. This allows them to remove senior members of staff and down grade jobs to save money.
Pros
Cons
bad managment
Cant really comment
detergents and vacuum cleaner (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire12 June 2017
Due to allergy I was unable to continue with this role. I was there for a short period of time. When in role it was with reduced level of induction training.
Contract work
Architectural Design Officer (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire14 May 2017
I spent two years on contract working as an Architectural Technologist, using CAD and visiting site, discussing the brief with clients and ensuring the work was completed on time and to a good quality.
Pros
Cons
Only contract work
It was a very unsettled period whilst I worked for the council, due to funding.
Customer Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Local Link13 May 2017
Training was good and informative. Job security was unstable and job structure was constantly changing. This is is unsettling for everyone. Management were supportive. I loved my job role and was sad to leave but needed a more secure area of work. I moved to the contact Centre within the council; through the redeployment sceam. I did not enjoy the contact centre, this is very fast moving department with targets to meet performance reviews. It was a very stressful pressured environment, moral was very low. I did not feel supported in this role by management. My post was made redundant in 2015.
Pros
Learnt lots of new skills
Cons
Uncertain future
safe workplace
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Brigg, Lincolnshire26 April 2017
Arrive at the same time every day, do my cleaning make the rounds secure and then secure the building and go home. best part of the job is flexi hours during the holidays
Pros
warm building
Cons
not enough pay
Soul Destroying
Technical Officer (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe3 April 2017
The management have their favourites and if you are not the favourite, no matter what you do, it will never be good enough.
Money not great.
Plus side was the flexible working hours.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Fun place to work
Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe30 March 2017
Fabulous work colleagues and brilliant outer agencies to work with.
The job was never boring or dull, everyday was different and i got a lot of enjoyment.
Productive if your face fits
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Broughton, Lincolnshire29 March 2017
If you have worked for the council since you left school you are fin it is a close knit comunity new faces dontreally fit in on the plus side rhey offer a excellent pension scheme.
Pros
Good pension scheme
Cons
Hard work
Outdoor Learning is fantastic
Learning Officer (Current Employee) –  Scunthorpe29 March 2017
Planning, development, delivery and evaluation of the Museums Learning Service with particular responsibility for the supervision and development of a team of Learning Assistants and volunteers. Work load consists of Adult Services projects on Reminiscence and Disability, Community Exhibitions, Forest School workshops, Informal learning programmes, and Temporary Exhibition learning programmes.
Nice Colleagues
Manager (Former Employee) –  Barton-upon-Humber26 March 2017
Very busy, always under staffed.
Learnt a lot, gained lots of experience and qualifications.
Colleagues are nice, get on well with them. Some progression available, and also moving between sites.
Pros
flexible, chances for courses and free qualifications
Cons
Low salary compared to other areas and other concils
Generally, a very good employer.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire21 February 2017
This is a very enjoyable job. It requires the ability to work to deadlines. It can be a very physically demanding job as there is a lot of moving and lifting. The hours are very good if you have children.
Pros
free lunch, child friendly hours
Cons
holidays are expensive as you are required to take holidays out of term time
Rewarding role
Council Officer (Current Employee) –  Scunthorpe15 February 2017
Rewarding role. Unfortunately management poor.

Great colleagues.

Good training, good opportunities.

Would love to stay but unfortunately poor management is resulting in low moral in general.
Busy workplace
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brumby junior school, Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire9 February 2017
I'm a hardworking person, easily going and helpful. I attended food hygiene course at north Lincolnshire council, I learned about food preparation, foods serving, cleaning, preparing dinner area, serving food is my favourite part.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
3 and a half hours