NIKE Employee Reviews

Decent
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh17 January 2018
Hard work but good. Great friends and even better memories. Discount is good but thats a small part of the gift of Nike. Some of the best moments of my life were spent in Nike.
Pros
Brill
Cons
Nah
Amazing job
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  York15 January 2018
It was an excellent environment to work in. Nike gave me the opportunity to build and excel on current expertise.

Friendly staff/supportive and strong management
Pros
Good hours/holidays/benefits
Productive and helped me grow as a professional
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rugby13 January 2018
Management was not great but it helped me grow and understand what I had to do to become a better professional which I am thankful for and I believe its very important.
Good employment
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Stratford, Greater London12 January 2018
I worked here while i was studying and i really enjoyed my time. It was a big store with many different departments which catered for all customers. Management were friendly good and understanding towards my needs.
Amazing and happy place to be
Manager (Current Employee) –  LONDON12 January 2018
Work as a team and help each other , learning a lot about shoes and clothes technologies , as a manager learned a lot how to run a store , happy environment to be at . Most enjoyable part of this job is that you get Nike Stuff.
Pros
Staff uniform
Productive and fun workplace
Athlete (Current Employee) –  Ashford, Kent14 December 2017
Workplace culture is often centered around sport and energy and as such is generally enjoyable.
Most enjoyable is helping other to progress.
Learned customer service skills.
Pros
Hour lunch, workplace benefits, fun atmosphere.
Productive and Fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth30 November 2017
Working at NIKE was great for development, training and friendliness of colleagues. Opportunities to progress and the diversity of roles. Great suppport network. Working for one of the biggest and best retailers in the world with some extremely inspirational leaders. I had to work in fast paced environment.
Pros
Job come along with a number of advantages
Cons
Unpaid Breaks
Always on time
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Barnsley, South Yorkshire20 November 2017
I am a very hardworking what is looking for a job always ready to work
Also I have some strength like beening a good leadership when new people need help.
Pros
I am very hard worker and I am always on time
Cons
I can do anything
An excelent team of young athlets
Athlete (Former Employee) –  West Bromwich19 November 2017
Its a hard working environment, but as soon as you get use to the day routine is more enjoyable.
A big management team. Will always be ready to help and give an advice, however you can feel a lot of pressure sometimes.
The hardest part of the job would be the early morning shifts with delivery receiving and processing.

You will enjoy the bonuses in the end of the month if you put a good effort on a daily basis.
Pros
Free Trainers
Cons
Late Closings
Productive and Fun Workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Enfield, Greater London17 November 2017
A typical day includes serving customers and aiming to make customers happy. I learned to use tills and operate fitting rooms. The management encouraged us to work efficiently and towards a daily target. They made work fun whilst keeping it professional.
Exciting, versatile and engaging
Nike athlete (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester10 November 2017
Nike is a great company to work for. The pay is decent but it’s a company that values its employees opinions and is always on the rise and changing to fit modern culture.

The benefits are fantastic, great discounts ans opportunity’s to grow in the company and climb the ladder into various careers.
Pros
Great discount
Cons
Repetitive
Productive and enjoyable working environment
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Braintree31 October 2017
A typical day at work would be giving customers premium service as being efficient with job tasks throughout the day.
I have learnt a huge amount of product knowledge of the brand and how to work with others as well as what is required to give premium service to customers.
Management where supportive and very easy to work with.
The workplace culture was excellent and everyone worked well with each other striving for the best results.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with complaints from difficult customers.
The most enjoyable part of the job was making a customers day by giving them the product knowledge and premium service they needed to choose the right product for them.
Pros
staff benefits
Cons
limited job progression opportunities
Like most retail jobs repetitive work for minimum wage
Athlete (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands25 October 2017
Great perks, inconsistent hours / shift patterns. Lazy management only care about hitting targets. Little to no job progression. Pretty much the same as most other sports retail jobs out there. Dont let the NIKE name fool you in to thinking this is any better or different to working at JD or Footlocker etc.
Pros
Discount, staff uniform
Cons
Inconsistent hours, management lazy
Gran experiencia, muy buen ambiente laboral.
Atleta (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, UK.29 September 2017
En general toda una experiencia positiva. Cada día fue un reto de superación tanto a nivel personal como en equipo. Muy contenta de haber trabajado en esta empresa.
Pros
Buen ambiente de trabajo
Cons
Trabajo bajo presión
Fast paced but a fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ashford, Kent20 September 2017
Nike is my first job and I couldn't have had a better one! A typical day at work starts off with a game to get us all motivated before we open the store and work with customers to ensure they get what they are after. It also consists of getting new styles out, making sure units are full, standards are completed to a good standard, customers are satisfied and everyone is feeling content.

From working at Nike for 2 1/2 years, I have learnt how to work with people confidently, how to get a job done to a good standard quickly, how to work on several tasks at once, how to put styles together and I have learnt a lot of knowledge about the products. A huge deal of why I have learnt so much is due to the management team with their different but exciting training sessions and conversations. The management at Nike are very hard working and look after their staff. They inject a positive, enthusiastic energy into the workplace that keeps us motivated.

Moving on, the hardest part of the job for me is letting customers down when we no longer have a product or one in their size both in store and online. I get great joy of being able to satisfy the customer and brighten up their day and I don't enjoy not being able to do so. My most enjoyable part of the job for me is all the new people I get to meet and come across. It can be people who I work with or customers that I get to know throughout a transaction or from being a long term customer.

Overall, I enjoy my job however I believe it's time to look for a job that is suited to my ideal career.
Pros
free uniform and discount
Cons
can work many consecutive shifts before having a day off.
Poor management created bad atmosphere
Athlete customer service (Former Employee) –  Stratford, Greater London17 September 2017
Poor management is what effected the atmosphere, which was a shame, they were not fair with holiday requests, never seeming to be allowed the time owing to you even when had request the times which were avalbile on the Rota. Very good at giving you a new role and responsibility, but not the pay rise. Smiling and laughing with customers was seen as chatting to your friends.
Pros
Uniform updated a couple of times a year, discount
Cons
Not flexible with your partime hours, late hours, no real work life balance.
Really good company
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street, Greater London14 September 2017
It was nice working there, everybody was very friendly and helpful, felt comfortable. Salary was good and managers kept people motivated at all times.
Great workplace
Manager (Former Employee) –  London31 August 2017
Great team and atmosphere; great experience working with global campaign launches within the largest store globally. Great vibe and events held in store.
A cool brand.
Head Coach (Store Manager) (Current Employee) –  London28 August 2017
A wonderful Brand, where you can work hard and experience some incredible events.
The product is amazing and in general the team that work there are warm and engaging.
Career progression is a real possibility if you can understand the Company Politics.
Pros
Great clothing allowance and discount
The varieties of culture occurrence at workplace
Lead Apparel (Current Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire26 August 2017
I love working in the store especially for the reason that it is family oriented environment. Being miles away from home has never been easier. There were disputes with the previous management, nevertheless all sorts of disputes were handled professionally. The job however gets too easy. Other than being able to build rapport both with my colleagues and customers, there has been a vast improvement on my interpersonal communication skills.
Pros
Free uniform and online discounts
Cons
Non-incentive and boring

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NIKE. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2