NIKE Employee Reviews

Productive and enjoyable working environment
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Braintree31 October 2017
A typical day at work would be giving customers premium service as being efficient with job tasks throughout the day.
I have learnt a huge amount of product knowledge of the brand and how to work with others as well as what is required to give premium service to customers.
Management where supportive and very easy to work with.
The workplace culture was excellent and everyone worked well with each other striving for the best results.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with complaints from difficult customers.
The most enjoyable part of the job was making a customers day by giving them the product knowledge and premium service they needed to choose the right product for them.
Pros
staff benefits
Cons
limited job progression opportunities
Like most retail jobs repetitive work for minimum wage
Athlete (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands25 October 2017
Great perks, inconsistent hours / shift patterns. Lazy management only care about hitting targets. Little to no job progression. Pretty much the same as most other sports retail jobs out there. Dont let the NIKE name fool you in to thinking this is any better or different to working at JD or Footlocker etc.
Pros
Discount, staff uniform
Cons
Inconsistent hours, management lazy
Gran experiencia, muy buen ambiente laboral.
Atleta (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, UK.29 September 2017
En general toda una experiencia positiva. Cada día fue un reto de superación tanto a nivel personal como en equipo. Muy contenta de haber trabajado en esta empresa.
Pros
Buen ambiente de trabajo
Cons
Trabajo bajo presión
Fast paced but a fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ashford, Kent20 September 2017
Nike is my first job and I couldn't have had a better one! A typical day at work starts off with a game to get us all motivated before we open the store and work with customers to ensure they get what they are after. It also consists of getting new styles out, making sure units are full, standards are completed to a good standard, customers are satisfied and everyone is feeling content.

From working at Nike for 2 1/2 years, I have learnt how to work with people confidently, how to get a job done to a good standard quickly, how to work on several tasks at once, how to put styles together and I have learnt a lot of knowledge about the products. A huge deal of why I have learnt so much is due to the management team with their different but exciting training sessions and conversations. The management at Nike are very hard working and look after their staff. They inject a positive, enthusiastic energy into the workplace that keeps us motivated.

Moving on, the hardest part of the job for me is letting customers down when we no longer have a product or one in their size both in store and online. I get great joy of being able to satisfy the customer and brighten up their day and I don't enjoy not being able to do so. My most enjoyable part of the job for me is all the new people I get to meet and come across. It can be people who I work with or customers that I get to know throughout a transaction or from being a long term customer.

Overall, I enjoy my job however I believe it's time to look for a job that is suited to my ideal career.
Pros
free uniform and discount
Cons
can work many consecutive shifts before having a day off.
Really good company
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street, Greater London14 September 2017
It was nice working there, everybody was very friendly and helpful, felt comfortable. Salary was good and managers kept people motivated at all times.
A cool brand.
Head Coach (Store Manager) (Current Employee) –  London28 August 2017
A wonderful Brand, where you can work hard and experience some incredible events.
The product is amazing and in general the team that work there are warm and engaging.
Career progression is a real possibility if you can understand the Company Politics.
Pros
Great clothing allowance and discount
The varieties of culture occurrence at workplace
Lead Apparel (Current Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire26 August 2017
I love working in the store especially for the reason that it is family oriented environment. Being miles away from home has never been easier. There were disputes with the previous management, nevertheless all sorts of disputes were handled professionally. The job however gets too easy. Other than being able to build rapport both with my colleagues and customers, there has been a vast improvement on my interpersonal communication skills.
Pros
Free uniform and online discounts
Cons
Non-incentive and boring
Fun but challenging job
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  London24 August 2017
Nike as a company is great, there a so many perks. I enjoyed helping the customers and making sure they left with the right product. However their policy is wrong, group of boys coke in daily to steal products. I myself have been threatened by these young boys as I have made eye contact with them whilst they were in the processes of putting boxes in their bags. Nike would have been the perfect company to work for however it's not too great when you're scared and put in challenging situations.
Pros
Free clothes and shoes
Cons
Thieves
Fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Banbridge, County Down10 August 2017
Nike is a fun workplace but managers tend to put a lot of pressure on you. There are many policies and rules to abide by, but the salary and holidays are excellent.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Short lunches
Sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Banbridge2 August 2017
Always a job to be done, the most enjoyable part of the job is learning about Nike history and products. Learning aboit nike technologies is fun and interesting. Also, meetig cutomers needs.
Pros
Good holidays
Cons
Short breaks
Great work environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London2 August 2017
Nike probably has the most enjoyable working environment I've been part of. You're encouraged to be yourself and help customers by providing outstanding customer service.
Buena
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Liverpool26 July 2017
Empresa muy seria, aunque con algunas contras dada tanta burocracia (no directamente) y posibilidades de crecimiento.
Pros
Responsables, Serios, Respetuosos, Amables, Puntuales.
Cons
Demasiada burocracia y pocas posibilidades de crecimiento
Really fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford Circus, Greater London17 July 2017
Loads of benefits to the job. The company as a whole really value their employees and you see this through the types of rewards you are given when you succeed.
Pros
Free work clothes
Cons
Have to work holidays
Great place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kuwait9 July 2017
Straightforward, fairly simple job. The atmopshere was great since it was right next to one of the most popular clubs in kuwait, known as Al Corniche beach. Main problem was dealing with some customers that have no patience or were not polite.
Great Work Place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow8 July 2017
At Nike, your commitment and involvement are compulsory to creating a vibrant work team. It is important to have a great attitude as this shows through when delivering your customer service. The brand is customer service focused.
Pros
Good Starting Salary
Cons
Work outwith your hours
Calm
Student worker (Former Employee) –  Atealaan 36-38, 2200 Herentals, Belgium7 July 2017
The job was very calm and flexible with different shifts and hours gave me a better edge of working with less interruption as a student. Finally, terms were very motivating to get people through with ease.
Pros
They hard flexible terms
Cons
Distance
Awful
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashford, Kent4 July 2017
Having worked at Nike for almost two years I feel I have wasted those years listening to managers who are a bunch of job worths, while on the topic of managers it was rare to see the headcoach work past five despite all other employees often working until 9 some employees were expected to do this more than others. Managers often felt it was beneath them to serve customers and simply brush them off to a regular sales assistant and then complain about how service needed to be improved even though they displayed the worse service. You are expected to stay on your feet for the whole 8 hours you work while the managers sit in the office. Obviously you are welcome to grab a drink from the staffroom but not without a manager soon coming along to sarcastically ask if you are on your lunch break. All in all I'm glad to be leaving.
Pros
Discount, hour lunch break
Cons
Long hours, management, never seeing daylight over the weekend
Sales Associate (Athlete)
Store Athlete (Customer Assistant) (Current Employee) –  Durham18 June 2017
Im a part time member but regularly do overtime, the hours are long and the breaks are short.

They are unclear about pay (was told my wage would be higher than it is) and you only receive overtime in arrears.

Management are childish and do not have your best interests at heart. I haven't seen the store manager working past 5pm (store closes at 8 most nights) and doesn't use the tills, assists, radios etc.

I have worked in a diverse range of retailers and this has not even compared.
Pros
Overtime available, lots of staff at a similar age
Cons
Long hours, short breaks, don't feel valued.
An enjoyable, rewarding place to work.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London14 June 2017
Working In London for a top class company, allowed me to gain a lot of experience. I had to listen to customers about what the were looking for and match to their requirements. It provided a lot of designing work and sketches of trainer types with logos and symbols that met to their requirements. I had to be patient as well as having attitude to make the customers feel relaxed and happy to start the process of designing and producing a bespoke pair of Nike trainers. During my time working for the company I found one of the hardest tasks was making sure I met the needs of the public and the requirements set my the customer, however I did really enjoy designing trainers that were well suited to the customer as well as getting the experience of travelling in and out of London and mixing with a variety of cultures and different people.
Pros
Working with new people, meeting the needs of the customers, designing bespoke trainers for customers.
Cons
Travelling was harder then i expected, hours were extremely long.
A good brand
Sales coach/assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside7 June 2017
A good brand to work for, great in work benefits and a strong team ethic. Senior management are on the whole approachable and helpful. The only major difficulties i have found are based around people not procedures, too many opinions and too many cooks spoiling the broth, especially in areas involving visual presentation.
The most enjoyable part of the job, conversely, is also people, a strong team environment and a culture of continuous development
Pros
holiday allowance, in work benefits, people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NIKE. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2