NHS Employee Reviews

Productive and enjoyable
Student Midiwfe (Former Employee) –  Bromley19 October 2017
A rewarding job with 12.5 hour shifts and no breaks at times but totally worth it!!

you learn to cope under pressure and in emergencies and have peoples lives in your hands.

Staff are generally all supportive and even on your lowest days there is always someone willing to listen.
Worst place to work BGH Pharmacy
Assistant Technical Officer (Current Employee) –  Borders General Hospital18 October 2017
The management are uselessness and do nothing to help the staff. You can progress there but only if you are ‘favoured’ by the management. There is a lot of bullying and gossiping. Lots of people are thinking of leaving cause all the staff are so feed up. And pay is so low for the amount of work done by an ATO.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Management and other staff, pay are all terrible
Good Practice
Database Admin Analyst (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire17 October 2017
I learned every day at work, one particular day I learnt about data protection, how important to keep patient data safe and protect it from an unauthorized user.
The management is very good, have good listening hears to its staff, always desire for the employees to improve and grow in their career.
There is equal opportunity for every employee, irrespective of their background and status.
The timeframe for delivering is very important to the company as to maintain customers satisfaction, I find this the hardest part of the job, but I always make sure I deliver on time, prioritise and maintain good time management.
Enjoyed working with the team, being able to contribute and make decisions gives me joy about my work.
nhs
Clinical Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire17 October 2017
i really enjoyed working there .I had my 1st child and sadly couldn't stay .
on a day to day basis I looked after patients helping them to wash,feeding them helping out with the staff nurses.
when working there I learnt a lot of medical stuff about cancer.
I would say the hardest part of the job was trying not to get to attached to the patients.
Hard working
Administrator - Healthcare Team (Former Employee) –  Leicester17 October 2017
Work employees very hard.

Very little recognition or appreciation at times.

You have to work for the NHS if you are dedicated to its cause and overall future.
Pros
Pension
Communication
Domestic Assistant (Current Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire17 October 2017
poor communication between managers/team leaders and workers, other nhs staff members are grumpy to domestics ( not all of them)
team leaders expecting us to do more work in our contracted hours than we should
A vocational role
Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire17 October 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is providing advice to people in need. The hardest part of the job is dealing with people who are suffering personal and financial hardship.
productive
NHS (Current Employee) –  Manchester17 October 2017
Very friendly environment, people are there to listen and help. Everyone helps each other out and there always someone to talk to.
I got to learn a lot about computers working the nhs and got to know a lot of different people who do different things.
Pros
half price lunches
Cons
repeated work
no work life balance
rewarding
struggles from management
time pressures
inadequate resources
no extra pay for extra hours
Happy workplace
Temporary Data inputter (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire16 October 2017
Typical day at work was spent looking at waiting lists pathways , analysing documents and letter to assess the current situation.
Learned to check and sometimes doublecheck information before coming to a conclusion.
Management were helpful and sociable.
The hardest part of the job was processing difficult work quickly to meet target.
Most enjoyable part was relationship with colleagues.
Pros
Reasonable pay
Cons
Work targets
Cleaning
Domestic Assistant (Former Employee) –  St Mary's Hosptial16 October 2017
4 hours a day cleaning and tidying. Made friends with staff and service users. Staff were friendly and kind. Help bake cakes and buns for charity and the we sell the to other staff at another hospitals.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Na
highly stressful environment with no visible future outcome
Work Shadowing (Former Employee) –  Croydon16 October 2017
Not enough equipment, staff are overworked with no major benefits. There is no guarantee that equipment or staff will be there when needed and there are no visible actions being taken to solve any issue.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
extreme stress
administrator
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds15 October 2017
answering phone calls, booking appointments, talking to customers over phone / face to face, printing off appointments, sorting patient referrals out, working alongside data protection
Great to work for
Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fife14 October 2017
NHS Fife provides an exeptional service to patients. Due to restricted funds, the service is running at a streched capacity, but still provides an excellent service to patients in Fife.
Pros
Full pay when ill.
Cons
Increased workload.
Fun workplace
Porter (Former Employee) –  Wirral, Merseyside14 October 2017
I worked here for one week on work experience in 2016 and I enjoyed it alot, the staff were friendly and I learnt alot about work life during this period.
Pros
Good working environment and very beneficial
Avoid! Nepotism and bad management
Hotel services (Current Employee) –  Plymouth13 October 2017
Avoid catering and hotel services. Managers out of their depth and resort to hiring family members who get away with bad behaviour and favouritism constantly while hard workers get treated appallingly and basically told put up with it or leave as our hands are tied due to managers family members come first. Nepotism at its finest and staff morale very low hence very high turnover of staff within catering sites under Livewell southwest.
Pros
Cons
Bad management, low staff morale and nepotism
Supportive
Clinical PIP Assessor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow12 October 2017
Working for the NHS Scotland was always rewarding and they were always supportive. My time with the NHS helped to shape me into the nurse I am today. It has taught me to always further my knowledge and skill set, put care of patients first and to help my colleagues be the best they can be to lift the service and the care provided to its patients and carers.
Enjoyable.
Estate department (Current Employee) –  Sussex11 October 2017
wonderful organisaion. Needs more productivity to work successfully. To many mangers. workplace culture can be difficult at times. personally I have learnt a lot from my experience.
very happy place to work
Care Assistant/Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Maesteg, Bridgend11 October 2017
I enjoy working with people so enjoy my job very much
.and I always listen to any advise from my manager and nurses I work with.there is also mandatory training.so you are always up to date with your knowledge of the care and manner in which you should do your job.
Busy, fast environment
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol, and Weston general11 October 2017
I love the NHS and I am a true believer that it works. i will carry on working for the NHS for however long it wants me. I have worked on the liver failure ward in the BRI and the health clinic Tower Hill and I am presently working at Weston general hospital.
In all the positions I have held my favourite part of the job was interacting with the public, although sometimes extremely challenging. I have been taught a few skills whilst in the NHS my favourite being blood taking of patients.
Pros
Weekend enhancements
Cons
Salary is static