NHS Employee Reviews

enjoyable
call handler (Former Employee) –  Bristol16 December 2017
mostly enjoyed this role. I didn't however pass the probation after 3 months due to poor handling time. the expectation is high and is achievable but its clear why there is little staff working there and a high turnover as its a hard job.
Pros
pay
Cons
impossible
Lovely play to work
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Torquay, Devon14 December 2017
I loved working in the NHS with adults with learning disabilities in a day car centre, it was an amazing exsperiance and it made me go so far in life the work placement manager was very lovely made sure you had the right training and always showed you more the staff was amazing To work with great team
Pros
Days out
Cons
productive and friendly work place.
Clinic Support Worker (Current Employee) –  located in Saltaire14 December 2017
My induction for the NHS Direct began in July, only recently did i join them and at the moment in time i am still currently in the training process. I haven't yet started working within the NHS. So far my training is going successful. Therefor my view on the NHS training is so far so good. With my training dates on the other hand being very spacious, i feel like it is necessary for me to start searching for work.
Pros
Discounts on various high brands.
Cons
I can't think of any cons at the minute.
ok place to work
Volunteer at BRI (Former Employee) –  Bradford14 December 2017
i only acted as a volunteer but it seemed like a good place to work, everyone seemed friendly and helpful. depends which ward your on for your personal job enjoyment, some wards can be hard to cope with.
interesting place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  smethwick birmingham14 December 2017
The day would start by going on the wards with pharmacists and checking patients drug charts, followed by some dispening in the pharmaceutical areas, before you knew it the day was over it was that busy. It was a very fun weeks work experience.
Pros
intersting educating
Very enjoyable experience
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Royal Glamorgan Hospital, Llantrisant12 December 2017
Dealing with confidential and sensitive patient information. I learnt how to use programs that I have never used before to input this information e.g. Myrddin.
Pros
Nice firendly people
Cons
sometimes tense situations
good experience gained
Bank staff (Current Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey11 December 2017
i was given lots of opportunity to gain more experience.
the people i worked with were extremely helpful in making me feel comfortable and appreciated
Wonderful Place
Clinic Co-ordinator, Trauma and Orthopaedic Dept (Former Employee) –  UK11 December 2017
A great workplace with a great team that really tries to pull together and deliver even when the chips are done. Underfunded but brimming with talent.
supportive and engaging workplace
Dental Nurse (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London10 December 2017
A typical day at work is full I'm at on of the many NHS 111 call centre bases and enjoy getting up and out for work the environment is friendly and employees feel valued. The role consists of analysing dental patient scenarios and deciding which should be booked a 111 emergency appointment. I have learned to used a professional telephone manner and how to analyse scenarios with a strong attention to detail, I have also learnt that no day working in the NHS will ever be the same I review different cases on a daily basis and the role is engaging. I completed my training very quickly and and began working before the original set date, due to my quick learning and ambition to succeed. The management team is supportive and very involved in the success and comfort of employees. Enthusiasm and professionalism is the culture at this work place to have a enthusiastic approach to helping patients whilst being professional and empathetic. The hardest part of the job for me personally is when some patient call in despair, I have a nurturing, empathetic nature and I feel as if it is my obligation to do above and beyond to help the individual. The most enjoyable part is the feeling of self-actualisation ever shift I feel like I have given back to the community.
Pros
Lunch Breaks
Cons
Repetitive
good but busy job
Consultant urologist (Current Employee) –  Middlesborough10 December 2017
So far nice experience as consultant in urology.
Feeling the stress and pressure of work.
Responsibility is tremendous.
Work culture is ok
The hardest part of job is emergency cover.
Most enjoyable part is training the juniors and examining the MBBS students.
Management skills are required in order to be a good consultant. I am currently looking for some courses in the management areas.
Pros
independent working.
Cons
stress
NHS as ever is great, serving people who need it the most
Allstaff Recruitment Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, Essex9 December 2017
it was really nice working for the NHS helping patients who relied on you the most, it wasnt just a job, it was a service which i was more than happy to supply
Cons
Bad management
Flexible
Health Care Assistant (Bank) (Former Employee) –  Basildon, Essex8 December 2017
Working on an adhoc basis, i was able to work as many or as few hours as i wanted within the hospital that i was already a permanent worker in. salary was resonable
Nhs
Booking Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Victoria Warehouse7 December 2017
Management are very poor & do not provide an ounce of praise. Trackcare is the new system that was brought into the Trust December 2016 - it will be super difficult for someone to use if they are not computer literate.
Pros
Working hours
Changing Workplace
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Wokingham, Berkshire7 December 2017
The department has currently been taken over by new management and this has led to some initial difficulties.
I enjoy the variety of my current role.
The hardest part of my job is the lack of communication.
Pros
Good Pension
Cons
Lack of Communication
Very happy to work as freelance interpreter for the NHS
Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Greater Manchester6 December 2017
I'm very happy to work as freelance interpreter for the NHS, yet if the employment was direct and not through agnecies I'm sure this would be better for all concerned.
Rewarding career working with various skill set. Good team great rapport.
Radiography Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Dumfries5 December 2017
Working within the NHS brings a varied day and is quite unpredictable at times. Although we never know what kind of day we are going to have no matter how difficult it is we have tremendous support in each other. Although many of our patients are fit and reasonably well we also see people who have had a recent cancer diagnosis and who are extremely unwell. There are distressing days however I have learned coping strategies within myself and from colleagues. The hardest part of the job is not only the physical aspect (as it is a very physically demanding job) but the fact that we never really know within the Xray Department what happens to the patient next. We are only part of the patient pathway so it can be frustrating to be left wondering if people ever make a full recovery. I am also frustrated at times with the time constraints as we xray many patients but sometimes I am the only person that patient will talk to that day and I want to give them more of my time as it is important to both them and me. The most rewarding part is the fact that I did something positive and I cared for them and treated them as I would want to be treated, and I get to meet lots of characters and share interests with them and make patients feel they are valued.
Pros
Good team. Family Friendly.
Cons
Unsociable hours. Short breaks.
Nice friendly workplace
Care Support Worker (Former Employee) –  North East4 December 2017
Staff kind and caring, every day is a different experience and can be quite upsetting however the job is very rewarding and makes you feel like a good person.
Pros
non
Cons
non
Stable job with opportunities
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Harrow, Greater London1 December 2017
Great place to work if you are looking for stable job that can give you satisfaction but unfortunately not the greatest money. However, job for life if you don’t like changes
Pros
Flexibility
Awful
Call handler (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk30 November 2017
Awful company, poor management, no support, ridiculous turn over. No one seems to care about staff, and the atmosphere is too political. You expect to come across rude patients occasionally but coming across rude clinicians and supervisors and being spoken down to is so disheartening.
Very good
Midwife (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London30 November 2017
The company that I worked with is very good and teamwork was evident. The work load as a community midwife was manageable and supported by senior members of staff.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Short staff