News UK Employee Reviews

Big place to work
Sales (Former Employee) –  London4 September 2017
A large organisation struggling to keep up with the modern world. It has a huge amount of skilled people who work there who bravely struggle to make what they do relevant in the modern world. Looks after the staff very well.
An enjoyable and friendly place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  London Bridge Station22 July 2017
An enjoyable and friendly place to work.
Good location
A fast paced Newspaper environment
Good line of communication between workers and line manager
I love it there but time for a new challenge
Post and loading bay supervisor (Current Employee) –  London Bridge Station, Greater London15 June 2017
It's a very good working environment. Very challenging. Nice staff members
The company looks after their staff very well and make sure they are willing to work for them
Pros
Good work environment
Great Working Environment
Training & Development Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 May 2017
The building is in a great location by London Bridge. The company has good benefits and it is an interesting environment to work. Its fast paced and sometimes pressurised.
Productive and Fun workplace
Assistant Accountant (Former Employee) –  London Bridge Station, Greater London10 April 2017
A typical day at work is unpredictable with different tasks thrown at you everyday which relates to my role and some not so much but vital.

Learned so much at News UK about financial reporting on a bigger scale and internationally.
work place
Driver (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London19 February 2017
i do daily newspaper delivery door to door.
every night witj my own vehicle.

evey day i have about 120 customers to deliver their papers try to the best not to have any complaints from them
Industry leading company
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  London, UK6 February 2017
A fast paced environment which continues to evolve in an ever-changing print media world.

Innovation is displayed across many areas a business which provide the opportunity for talent to progress in several directions.

There are many challenges ahead in the industry but News UK are well placed to continue being a leading brand.
Pros
Scale of business/opportunities/staff benefits
Cons
Commuting costs
Not bad, but 7 years was enough
Various roles (Former Employee) –  London18 November 2016
Worked here for 7 years. It was a frustrating time in my life where marketing teams are set hard targets that puts them in direct conflict with the targets of departments like mine.

There are perks such as the location and the health insurance.
Productive & Excellent Workplace
Agile Automation QA (Current Employee) –  London7 April 2016
It was very excellent workplace. Following latest technology with excellent team work. All the team members are very helpful to each other.
Sad to leave
Case Management Team Leader (Current Employee) –  London Bridge27 January 2016
Friendly and welcoming place to work.

I learned a lot from my role here and it was a big insight into the corporate world which I am still very keen to stay in
Fast Paced
Commercial Project Manager (Former Employee) –  London Bridge7 January 2016
News UK is a place of great dept and variety. I learnt a lot from working across all varied titles, from the The Sun to The Sunday Times magazine.

Working on these meant that I was able to connect with some great name brands and was able to deliver content to larger and very different demographics.

The most challenging part of the job was the internal liaising. This brought up problems due to commercial and editorial conflict. Even though this was the most difficult part it was the part that I would eventually enjoy the most. As producing a campaign that both the brand/agency and our papers were happy with was most rewarding.

At times News UK Commercial department could have more structure allowing for more growth and development of their individuals. But with the fast paced environment that can be very difficult.
stressful
Demi chef de Partie (Current Employee) –  London, ENG13 February 2015
my time at news has been a good experience, from how much I've learnt and what great people i have met on the way but its time for me to move on and work closer to home because i don't have much of a life with family and friends. my day to day roles consists of cooking the days food and also prepping for the next day but the work load was so much cooking for like 3500 people a day and its time for me to take a less stressful job.
Pros
people i work with
A good place to work
Logistics Development Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ENG25 November 2014
A great deal of team interaction is required working across a number of different departments. Also high levels of contact with external companies working through daily weekly & monthly KPI management.
Productive and busy workplace
IT Work Experience (Former Employee) –  london3 September 2014
Working with News UK enabled me to see how different IT sectors operated.
Stressful, demanding, fulfilling, exhausting
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ENG23 July 2014
There is no typical day on the sport section of a national newspaper. My Fridays are about 13 or 14 hours; my Saturdays between 16 and 19 hours. I learn every day that the standards I set myself are impossibly high, that everybody makes mistakes, that journalism should and can be fun. My colleagues are professional, creative and painstaking. The hardest part of the job is accepting that to err is human. The most enjoyable part of the job is polishing a page until it shines like a diamond.
Pros
A two-day week
Cons
Never enough time or resources to complete tasks perfectly
Fun place to work,
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  London30 April 2014
Working at News UK was a very pressured job and working to deadlines on a daily basis was what made me love my role as a Sales Support Content Chaser. Each day I would have to close an Edition of The Times and The Sun Newspaper which meant chasing all colour, Mono and Digital advertising prior to the offstone deadline. I was always on call for editorial and production if queries did arise. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the end result and working under pressure is what makes me thrive.
Great place to work.
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Waltham Cross5 April 2014
The members of staff were brilliant and it was a great office environment.