Newcross Healthcare Solutions Employee Reviews

Good pay but THAT'S ALL
HCA/Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon7 February 2018
I worked for this Agency for about 2 years in Plymouth. I stayed there just because it was something I was doing on the side of my studies. As with all agencies I had flexible hours which was good and the pay was normally better than other agencies.
HOWEVER, the management was really just in for the money. The team changed 3 times including the Manager over the last year and a half.
Just when you get to start working with them is very expensive as you have to pay for your uniform and your DBS. While you're working you get to earn points based on the hours you do and you can buy a second uniform with those points but this can take forever so you'll have to just buy a second uniform yourself.
There is a £50 fine if you don't manage to cover a shift and if you didn't let them know 24h before. BUT if it's they're fault your shift was cancelled and you get to the care home and you're sent back home, they DON'T pay you for the hour you just lost.
They can be pushy with the shifts although you give clear reasons why you're not going to a certain place (e.g location too far; no transport).
Pros
good pay
Cons
expensive, poor management, £50 fine, irresponsible, pushy
Worst Agency Ever
HCA/Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Reading branch31 January 2018
There was never a typical day

The training was adequate to perform the job but it was very expensive. Experience of working in the Healthcare sector was the key factor

Branch management inadequate, uninterested unresponsive unresolved issues raised. lack of communication and support
Refuse to resolve concerns and issues and failed to respond to emails regarding issues and complaints

Work place culture 80% immigrant

Hardest part of the job lack of support and information together with poor handovers by permanent staff. This mainly. happened at poorly managed and inadequate staffing level locations I was booked at by the Reading branch

Most enjoyable working with very professional carers and nurses and meeting some amazing people in the elderly and learning disability communities.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
£50 cancellation fee, no mileage and expenses reimbursement not enough local bookings
Love this company
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire30 January 2018
Very good company to work for...had no issues in the last year I've worked for them.would fully recommend.
The one and only downside would be you have to post your time sheets or drop them by the office but thay are working on getting them scanned in the future.
Pros
Helpful staff.very good hourly rate.
Cons
Timesheets
When you work for an agency you choose when you want to wait which is good
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southampton Hampshire19 January 2018
Working for newcross I enjoyed my time working with them I stopped working for them for personal reasons and family I can recommend anybody to them .very good.
Pros
Depending on where you were sent you could get free lunch
Cons
You choose when you want to work
Best company
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Truro17 January 2018
I work for Newcross and have for 4 years I was worried to take the jump to agency but it's the best move iv made . I signed up to two other agencies and the other two are rubbish . With Newcross the office staff are lovely they always make you feel like part of a big family . The hca's are the best all have each other's backs . Pay is good you work when you want . If you don't like a place you don't have to go there again . Weekly pay . They pay you mileage and even claim the rest from the government back for you so saves us doing it . I don't have a bad thing to say about them
Unreliable work
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Truro, Cornwall15 January 2018
Unreliable work, not enough shifts available, new employees prioritised therefor older employees without work. Great for work/life balance as can pick and choose when to work.
Growing Company
Head Office (Current Employee) –  Totnes, Devon5 January 2018
A great work/life balance and a lovely team.

Fast growing and fast paced within the office side of things. It's a company that is currently going through a great deal of change in order to expand further across the UK.
Pros
Cons
Growing too quickly
Writers Beware this company will fire you without warning!!!
Former Content Executive (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol11 December 2017
Totally incompetent management at all levels. Management does not stick to procedures and seem happy with firing staff with no warning or no reason given. Vast majority of managers have no idea what they're doing and without a certain individual at a lower level being on top of things it is a miracle anything gets done at all. Terrible compensation and benefits offered to office staff (in short there aren't any).

If you're a writer avoid this company. They will use you and fire you without warning or reason.
Cons
Less rewarding than when I joined
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Perth, Perth and Kinross17 November 2017
Work is less available locally, there is no branch manager or in house training offered in my branch now, which means we must travel 25 or 40 miles to attend training at other branches.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Poor communication, not enough shifts at times
Genuinely caring Healthcare company
Manager - Full Time (Current Employee) –  Shropshire13 November 2017
Really good company to work for, founded over twenty one years ago, original founders still leading the business and very hands on. Definitely not an ‘agency ‘ Newcross genuinely care about their healthcare staff and their clients.

For office staff, it’s an exciting & dynamic place to work, and no two days are the same. There are the usual challenges that comes with any job, but you get lots of support and there is always someone on hand for advice, you really feel that you are part of a team.

There are targets to achieve, but everyone knows what they are, the goal posts don’t get moved, as happens in other companies I have worked in, and the bonus scheme is open and transparent.
Plenty of good healthy inter-branch competition, staff are dedicated and committed but they all have a good sense of fun and don’t take themselves too seriously.
Pros
Transparent and open bonus & rewards scheme
Cons
None at the moment
Great place to work and be recognised
Regional Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  North West13 November 2017
Having spent a number of months looking for a new company to work for I am delighted I chose Newcross. This company oozes values, and ensures that all processes are adhered to.

They are thorough in their recruitment process for office staff and staff in care homes, and they provide excellent training.

There is no lack of support across the business.
Pros
Work life balance work 9-5.30 Mon to Fri!
Cons
Targeted environment for office staff
various work places
HCA/Support worker (Former Employee) –  Canterbury11 November 2017
Typical day will be a different experience .
I leant how to work in different environment.
Some work places were very casual.
The hardest part will be to deal with different environment and people.
Terrible regional management
HCC (Current Employee) –  North East9 November 2017
The branch managers are usually ok but the pressure they get from the regional manager is horrible. This is passed onto the rest of the office and does not make a nice environment to work. it wasn't like this before the regional started. loads of managers have left because she is a nightmare to deal with but for some reason the senior management don't seem to do anything. nobody feels safe in their job anymore because of the blame culture. good is never good enough
Pros
no on call
Cons
regional manager
Always meets my working hours
HCA/Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Yeovil4 November 2017
Nice working environment, very supportive. Provide great training opportunities. Always looking to improve and provide quality care to its clients. They work alongside their employees, always feel like you're able to express and talk to management
I wouldn't bother!
Healthcare Assistant / Support Worker (Former Employee) –  chester and colwyn bay offices.29 October 2017
All I can say is that I wasted two and a half years working for these, completely unsupported when a false allegation came in ( I was cleared because the accusers couldn't get their stories right) but after the incident I lost my confidence to continue doing care work. Was a bum deal at the time but ultimately among the best things that could have happened, I'm out of there!
Pros
Money, You get to see some really decent homes with decent staff
Cons
Some terrible homes with horrible ungrateful staff, travel can be tiring, Shifts can be very slow coming through.
Professional
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham24 October 2017
Newcross is very professional company, very supporting to you as an employee, Managers and office staff go out of there way to make job enjoyable. Really good company to work for 24/7 support.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Location of shifts
Ive worked here for 10 mths
HCA (Current Employee) –  North Wales9 October 2017
I have to say working for Newcross is brilliant and flexible.Staff and management have been great,very helpful.Great Company to work for and choosing your hours to fit around family life is ideal.Met and cared for some wonderful people
Pros
Great wage
Cons
Wonderful team, great working environment
Admin Temp (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol29 September 2017
I worked in the marketing department at Newcross Healthcare for 1 week. I really enjoyed my time here; the dynamic team are warm and welcoming with a great sense of humor.
Pros
Fabulous team of positive people.
great for flexibility
Healthcare Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fife, dundee, stirling.26 September 2017
Newcross is a great company to work for as a carer or nurse, provide excellent rates of pay and dedicated support. The company is dedicated to its employees, but work may not always be local so a car is really needed.
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
may have to travel alot for work
Potential to improve on skills.
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Truro, Cornwall23 September 2017
Lots of shifts available if willing to travel but mileage is only paid up to a certain amount of miles.
You can choose where and when you want to work though.
Pros
Good weekend rates.
Cons
Charge £50 if cancel a shift within 24hrs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Newcross Healthcare Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.