New Look Employee Reviews

Really good place to work for
Sales Assistant / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester16 January 2018
Really good place to work for i really enjoyed it forb10years. The busy the shop the better as the quicker your day will go and it's lovely to meet new people and families all the time.
Pros
40% discount
Average place to work.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough16 January 2018
New Look in general not a bad company however the Peterborough store manager did not do it justice. Bad management resulted in an unenjoyable time there.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Bad management
Hectic workplace
Sales Assistant, full-time (Former Employee) –  Nottingham15 January 2018
Working in New Look can be rewarding, there are plenty of goals and targets to hit, but the downside is when you dont hit those goals.
The people working there are usually lovely and friendly but the managers are less so.
I think this could be due to the slow progression there, and some small favouritisms.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
irregular shifts
productive workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woking, Surrey14 January 2018
New Look is a productive workplace, things get done on time and the people are really friendly. Management is good as the manager knows all the policy's very well and our rights. I learned lots while working in New Look as it was my first proper job working in the retail industry. I enjoyed working there as the people were always willing to help you out when needed and always helped to boost your confidence in what you are doing within the job.
Pros
good hours
Cons
low pay
Alright place to work
Christmas Temp Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chester11 January 2018
While the was always kept to a high standards of cleanliness, and the people were always good to work with, they're very strict about certain things, such as the fact, if you're on a Christmas Temp position and you can't get in due to transport difficulties, don't expect to be kept on afterwards.

As I said however, the people are great to work with and you can guarantee having a laugh and a joke with them.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
VERY long hours
newlook
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barry11 January 2018
I really enjoyed the atmosphere and the team ship between other colleges but management made it really hard to enjoy working here.
The staff discount is an amazing part of the job and made it bareable
Fun workplace
Retail (Former Employee) –  Southampton9 January 2018
Very enjoyable working at New Look because i was able to interact and communicate with members of staff as well as the customers in the shop. Also, the hours where flexible, which allowed me to have a social life and still make my deadlines for college which may have been due.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Working Sundays
Unreliable company
Care Assistant Residential support worker (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent7 January 2018
Worked for an agency. Work was great, not scared of hard work and for 12 hours constantly on your feet but that suited me. Didn't appreciate getting taxi there though for 3am and some times being told go home as not enough work on. Wasn't explained to what to do just given the machines and told get to it, which yes was ok but then getting shouted at in polish because you were not aware of what you was doing. I am very competent and organised in every aspect of my life so i do learn really quickly. I loved the job it was the management team and the staff that let the warehouse down. All the Staff that was not on agency and was on contracts with New Look complained all the time which was not fair because i would of loved a permanent position despite the rudeness and attitude of some.
Pros
Kept busy constantly
Cons
Staff there
New Look.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent5 January 2018
Would start at 6am, clock on the machine, work on my work station which I would have being assigned too, carry out all my work duties, sorting and boxing into containers for store shipments. clock of at 6pm ready for the next 12 hour shift.
Pros
Canteen
Cons
Temporary.
Friendly and welcoming work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salisbury3 January 2018
I enjoyed working in new look, all of the staff are friendly and worked together as a team to get all of the jobs complete. Customers always left the shop with a smile on their face.
Wasn’t for me
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bexleyheath, Greater London3 January 2018
New look wasent the type of work place that I felt in my comfort zone in… it took over a lot of my social life as I was working long hours with no break then the same the next day, I never really had much time off.
Cons
Low wages, long hours
Nice workplace
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside30 December 2017
Typically the job is quite repetitive and there isn't much to do but as a store the management are sometimes fair. The workplace culture is nice as new look tries to involve you in the company.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Repetition
Great company. Great ceo and head office
Flagship Customer Care Manager (Former Employee) –  London26 December 2017
Unfortunately I began during a management restructure. Very unbalanced and complicated environment but overall loved the company and if only circumstances with start period was different my future would remained at new look
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Unstable management team
Good first job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Macclesfield23 December 2017
I worked at New Look as my first ever job and I really enjoyed it. I was able to work around college. The management was pretty poor as we went through 5 managers in the 2 years I was there but the rest of the team were fantastic and really helpful.
Fun work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wick, Highland23 December 2017
Being a Christmas temp was lots of fun and this job gave me more confidence. I really enjoyed getting to helping people pick their outfits for their nights out. It made work exciting and you didn’t really feel like you were working either. I enjoyed being a Christmas temp for new look.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Long busy hours
not so good
New Look Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire14 December 2017
my manager was always giving me shifts with not a lot of hours, i only came in once a week. the staffs were very nice but there was a lot of tyding up and many things i did not get trained to do i had to do and did not always do them correctly
More focus on UK market required
Regional Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Field Based13 December 2017
Business having challenging time and making cuts to both field teams and instore sales manager teams.

Business driven by compliance , lack of autonomy.

Store teams work very hard , juggling workload v service expectations.
Work Experience
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Winsford13 December 2017
I did work experience at the Winsford store for a couple of weeks. I enjoyed my time there. I would assist a variety of customers during the day, and I would work in the stock room. When I worked in the stock room, I spent time re-organising stock so that it was easier to find.
rude
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire12 December 2017
terrible place to work they mess you around with wages they speak to you like a peice of dirt on the bottom of there shoe will never work or advise anyone to work here
Awful place to work.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear3 December 2017
Staff are treated like slaves. Working long hours for zero thanks. Managers are lazy, hide in the office. Cliques form with the staff and bullying is rife but management do nothing about it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Look. Our community is ready to answer.