Nestlé Employee Reviews

Good Experience
Temporary Role (Current Employee) –  Gatwick Airport Station, West Sussex9 November 2017
A relaxed and modern environment to work in. Responsible for yourself allowing you to manage your own time. Management are supportive and encouraging.
Fun place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear31 October 2017
Learnt well how to run my own team while working on the shop floor, make sure health and safety checks were done on the hour every hour. Made sure product was on time ready for our customers
Pros
Free lunches
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Buxton18 October 2017
It was a very good pleasure to work for a great and ethical company such as Nestle. It showed me some great features and some very interesting ways of how to experience various tips and tricks.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Long Hours
Great people and some very interesting work
Project Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  York12 October 2017
In my role a typical day would be sense checking projects status in preparation for upcoming stage gates, running/analysing reports based on project time/cost and project "health" in terms of mandatory data and deliverables. I would be training and coaching project managers through the processes and systems surrounding portfolio and project management within Nestle. I may also be called upon to provide coaching/training on the structured problem solving tools used at Nestle. I have learned that no one wants to do a bad job but unless smart mistake proof solutions are provided to employees, things can still go wrong. I have been working over the last year to provide as much visibility to our portfolio as possible and to make working through the processes and reviewing things mistake proof. Over the last 5/6 years the management have been through a big culture shift from a more traditional management approach to now being more about coaching and asking open questions to employees for the best results. The hardest part of the job is getting things finished. As I work for a centre that is providing direction for 3 other sites (all in different countries) it sometimes takes time to get all the pieces of the jigsaw together. The most enjoyable part of the job is solving a problem and seeing the teams attitude towards certain processes change.
Pros
Flexible working hours, good pension, free coffee and fresh fruit, real care for the employees
Cons
scope changes, long lead times for decision making as there are so many stakeholders in Nestle
about nestle
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Halifax, West Yorkshire10 October 2017
I worked nestle as a contractor with different company. Nestlé is very good place to work. When I got job with nestle they look after own worker. They teach you, help you, support you. On Christmas time they will give you Christmas hamper.
Pros
we used to get gift hamper
Cons
long hour
A well paid and secure place to work
Electrical Technician (Current Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire1 October 2017
A well paid and secure place to work with a safe working culture and safety first policy. Good pension scheme and sickness paid. Rewards and Perks scheme including high street discounts. Online Staff shop.
Good organization
senior process operator (Current Employee) –  Pakistan23 September 2017
I m working in nestle Pakistan sheikhupura factory since 11 years at chilled dairy plant as senior process operator.
Want to review more beneficial jobs like Nestle Pakistan.
Great company
Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  District de la Riviera-Pays-d'Enhaut, VD7 September 2017
Good work life and balance and advantages for the enployees, great staff shop,good salary packages (especially if you are based in switzerland), excellent canteen with a view.
Production and Logistics
Shift Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Halifax18 August 2017
A really good company to work for. They develop people well and support staff well. Good facilities and opportunities. Hard work and commitment are recognised and supported
huge firm
Assistant Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  Croydon4 August 2017
Neslte has now moved but then it was based at Saint Georges house in Croydon...global food brand so everyone will have heard of it. Not sure what to add!!
A good company to work for
Warehouse Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Halifax, West Yorkshire30 July 2017
Planning labour levels for the projected volumes. Ensuring all procedures were followed to ensure all safety and Quality measures were adhered to. Building good working relations with my team. The development of skills for staff to progress. Working to tight deadlines to ensure all products are despatched on time.
Pros
Excellent salary, friendly staff and supportive management team.
Cons
Shift patterns are hard to get use to, if you do not work nights.
Large open plan office
Purchase Ledger Clerk (Former Employee) –  Croydon28 July 2017
Worked within a large open planned office with a large team. We all work well together. Purchase ledger, inputting invoices, chasing credit notes, paying invoices at end of month. Reconciling statements.
Pros
Great team
Cons
it was good to learn new things
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Carlisle25 July 2017
as I was on work experience I wasn't allowed to take part in any jobs due to safety reasons but I got to watch on and see how everything is done in day to day life at work.
tedius but enjoyable
Labourer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, West Yorkshire17 July 2017
certain job roles were very tedious and boring and meant been stuck in one place area for a long time doing same thing over and over. loved been able to buy cheap chocolate though.
Pros
cheap chocolate
Cons
very hot conditions wearing snood and gown.
was ok
developed operator (Former Employee) –  north east england5 July 2017
easy enough work once you get the hang of it, 12 hour nightshifts can be hard but if you no how to handle night shift then your onto a winner at this company, i left to go travelling as at the time it was an ambition of mine... i'd go back and work for these again and have been told that they would have me back.
Nestle
Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Fawdon5 July 2017
Terrible style of management, real old fashioned management styles who rule with iron rods. Teams not flexible & don't flow to work. The culture is not the best.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Management, culture
Used to enjoyable
Technical Operator (Current Employee) –  Fawdon25 June 2017
Recent poor middle management have spoiled the working enviroment. Longer shifts with weekend working have killed the working ethic....most heads are down....
Pros
Pay
Cons
Long shifts, poor management....nightshift.
Used to be a great place to work
Operator Technician (Former Employee) –  London & Derbyshire17 June 2017
The management culture has gone backwards and employees seem to be losing the goodwill that has been part of the culture ever since I've been there.
The pay structure is stagnant and they are struggling to hold on to their employees once they've started working there. In my Dept alone 20% left after being there only a year
Pros
Cons
Bad management
productiveness
Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington South20 April 2017
Nestle as a brand has given permits to third parties in different countries to use their trademark and name which is just bad for the brand , most of the third parties are associated with the brand just for the fame of it.

the higher management does not take nay heed to the problems with the company itself.....they are thinking of short term profits instead of long term gains just to keep the shareholders happy.
Pros
global operations
Cons
bad management, unhealthy competition practices
Busy
Inventory Controller (Former Employee) –  Welwyn Green20 April 2017
This was only a part of Nestle that they decided to try and get in the market of selling water. This company was sold to anther that went into liquidation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nestlé. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2