NCR

NCR Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Company Performance Targets
Field Engineer (Former Employee), ScotlandNovember 5, 2014
Cons: expected to stay to fix fault at end of shift if already on site.
The company work on the basis of targets that nobody can meet as all targets contradict each other, to hit one target means to neglect another, it is a no win situation for any field engineer with this company.
Rubbish
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), Motherwell, SCTOctober 26, 2014
I worked on my own at NCR, my main duties are Installation Services which included, using single/3 phase electrics to wire up the power to the machines using wiring diagrams, rewiring new PCB's into the new system so that the machine would come online, wiring UPS's to machines and testing to make sure that it was online, testing all the mechanical equipment – more... to make sure it was working. Also Hardware Maintenance Service which includes, analyzing and correcting all technical problems on equipment within assigned customer accounts and perform periodic preventive maintenance routines on products and install modifications to equipment. – less
Was a great place to work
NCR - Module Tester (Former Employee), DundeeJune 26, 2014
I would probably still be there if they hadn't shut the factory
good workplace and workmates
Assembly Operator (Former Employee), Dundee, SCTSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: good wake nice work environment
Cons: only temp
really enjoyed this jod,great hours good shifts good pay but was only temp
A fun, hard working environment
Team Leader (Current Employee), FSCSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: co-workers and the environment as a whole
Cons: long hours.
My days vary day to day. It could be extremely busy with high call volume or it could be more relaxed with low call volume. Either way it is my responsibility to ensure we are hitting the service level agreement for each customer and each call is being dealt with to SLA. I enjoy working in the FSC as we all work well as a team with a good sense of fun – more... as well as working hard. On the whole I enjoy my job. An enjoyable part of my role is working with my team and succeeding as a team. There are several difficult aspects to the role such as dealing with escalations. However I do what I can to ensure this escalation has a positive outcome. – less
productive
2nd line service engineer (Current Employee), londonMay 15, 2013
Cons: long hours
loomis and ncr merged together, large company to work for, very productive
Multicultural working environment, international places
Training Consultant, Trainer (Current Employee), WorldwideDecember 26, 2012
It requires much travel to different cultures to deviver customer service related trainings. I have learnt much tolerance, flexibility and to get myself ready for the next assignment even with a short notice. I am working closely with the management, the employees (participants) and other trainers on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job is to – more... travel all the time. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I can work with new starters and help them learn the essential skills and knowledge. – less
Great Place to Work
Project Manager (Current Employee), KuwaitDecember 3, 2012
Pros: diversity, flexible hours
The work at NCR is challenging with many interesting projects initiated in the card payments, ATM, retail, POS, and cheque processing industies. The projects are quite diverse and I've had the opportunity to work on many new initiatives during my employment at NCR.
Contractor (Former Employee), DundeeSeptember 9, 2012
Pros: great pay even for minimal work
Cons: temp work
Friendly people to work with, Great atmosphere. Lunches are cheap in cafe and good food. Good access to building and plenty of parking spaces. Overall a great enviroment
Good Organisation....
Executive (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHNovember 21, 2014
Pros: ..
Cons: ...
Good opportunity for carrier.............proper growth.........nice work station.....
worst place I have ever worked
Attorney (Former Employee), Duluth, GANovember 20, 2014
The management was permitted -- even encouraged - to ride roughshod over employees. They demanded endless hours including nights and weekends with not even an occasional thank you. The company is just too large for its own good. One hand doesn't know what the other is doing. I've never witnessed such disorganization before.
Productive and fun place to work
Solutions Engineer (Current Employee), Duluth, GANovember 19, 2014
A typical day includes reading/responding to emails, follow up phone calls and conference calls. The hardest part of the job is being on the call after hours however I enjoy my team and our comradery.
Broken Processes
Project Lead (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 18, 2014
NCR is an example of a numbers only company. Financially forcasting is put before the client's needs. They run on broken processes that continue to create future support issues for clients that we do not have the resources to recitfy.
productive and rewarding workplace
Help Desk Agent (Current Employee), Columbus, GANovember 18, 2014
the job is mentally challenging, co-workers are great to work with
not a job for a family person
Customer Engineer (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLNovember 13, 2014
this job is very stressful you work long hours and are set up to fail. the metrics they hold you to are not possible to obtain with out fudging the numbers. you are penalized for contractors and how they do their job. they worst part of this job was the manager you could never ask for help with out being them being condescending towards you or complain – more... about one of your team mates to you. the management created a hostile work environment. the only thing that made it fun to work thier was my co workers becasue no matter what happen we could rely on each other to help get the job down. – less
Productive and fun place to learn new things
C++ Developer (Former Employee), Dallas-Fort Worth, TXNovember 12, 2014
Productive and fun place to learn new things and to explore more on the technologies leant. Very good management and nice co-workers who make a typical day very interesting.
Good work life balance with a lot to learn for new to industry employees
IT PROCESS & QUALITY ENGINEER (Former Employee), Gurgaon, IndiaNovember 12, 2014
NCR gave me an opportunity to have a overall knowledge of different aspects of the organization, not confining just to the work concerning my area. It focussed largely on the overall development of the employee.
good
ATM Software and Hardware Engineer (Current Employee), Abbottabad, KPKNovember 9, 2014
Pros: tada
Cons: healthcare
i learned everyday new changeable issue software and hardware of ATM.
Job is nothing but digging ditches
Customer Engineer (Current Employee), Mobile, ALNovember 6, 2014
Pros: nono
Cons: tons
They need to go out of business . They have owned the industry for many years and bow down to the mighty stock holder. Dont exoect to advance or be anyone at this company.
Enjoyed, and hated I had to leave
Network Analyst (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GANovember 5, 2014
You don't have to take your work home. Pretty cut and dry, if you do your work.

1 2 3 4 5

About NCR

Want to find NCR? Follow the money. Born during the waning days of the Wild West as National Cash Register, NCR is a leading maker – Read more