NCR Employee Reviews

enginneers poorly treated
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London22 July 2017
Management are blind to issues of workload and more interested in numbers than engineers health and well being.
terrible company with silly shift patterns.
Pros
get paid even if badly
Cons
too many to list
miserable
Customer Engineeer (Current Employee) –  Liverpool13 July 2017
when I first started the new factor kicked in and it was a fun relaxed, helpful, productive environment. as management got reshuffled the work life balance became less, and more stressful and I resent waking up each day for it as there will be nothing but stress.
Pros
company van
Cons
very few days off, unsociable hours.
Helpdesk Advisor (Current Employee) –  Motherwell3 July 2017
Good starting job for first timers however not a lot of progression routes, management tend to have a harsh time with you for the slightest of things.
Pros
working lunches to get away early
Cons
late shifts
Standard Office
NCR - Global Implementation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Eastleigh, Hampshire12 May 2017
Laid back atmosphere as long as the job is done. Barely any management present at the time I worked there. Nice that the role involved international work, however this has since been outsourced to India
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
No management support
Good place to gain experience
Customer Engineer (Former Employee) –  London5 May 2017
good place to gain experience for next Job.
Salary is not based on how good you are, or the skills you have, or how committed you are to the company. People who volunteer more and work hard are paid less.
NCR don't follow their own salary structure that they publish on their intranet web.
Pros
gain experience
Cons
poor salary. based on who you know
Solid company with proud history
EMEA Service Sales Director (Former Employee) –  London, Paddington21 February 2017
NCR have been in existence for more than 130 years. They have a proud history and have an influential position in the Retail sector, supported by a global services footprint that gives them a reach into over 100 countries - either directly or with long established local partners
Pros
Flexible work patterns
Cons
A little slow to react to change
Machine Tester
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Dundee, Angus3 February 2017
8 hours a day at work. Testing out machines. Extremely boring but good people that work there. Most production jobs are ran by agencies, 0 hours contract. Not a good feeling getting told weather or not you've got your job for next week.
Productive but Relaxed working Environment
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dundee City, Angus30 January 2017
The working environment at NCR is usually a productive but also relaxing atmosphere, but occasionally things can get a little hectic, in order to meet delivery deadlines.

constantly interfacing with the companies hardware, testing new software fixes on the vast suite of products, make a typical day filled with activity.

Everyone is very approachable, and to complete most jobs it is imperative to interface with members of other teams

The hardest part of the job is to get used to the system architecture that NCR use, as developing ATM software/hardware is very stressful due to the strict rules and regulations the company must abide by in order to comply with all the worldwide laws

The most enjoyable part, is delivering software, so a device that is used with in ATM products, an ATM is not something every company manufactures and therefore almost makes NCR unique`
Pros
Flexitime hours
Management doesn't care.
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Newhouse12 January 2017
High tunrover of staff because staff isnt treated very well. Very little training and expected to be able to do everything.
Cons
long hours, minmum wage, unpaid lunch
Rewarding and fulfilling workplace
Senior Services Architect (Former Employee) –  London and Virtual9 January 2017
Promotes hard work and provides good rewards and working conditions. Great team ethos whilst encouraging self-motivation. Flexible management approach focussed to meeting customer driven goals. Met some great people and saw terrific talent and dedication.
Pros
Flexible approach
Field Service Engineer
Customer Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  London1 January 2017
Planning and managing daily Service Requests based on SLA.
Troubleshoot and Repair NCR products: Retail, Financial and Network Products.
Manage PPK and making sure all faulty parts are returned in a timely manner).
Implement hardware and software upgrades where required.
Train new engineers and guide and give them support.
Weights and Measured Trained
Pros
Start and Finish times start and end at home.
Cons
Shift work
Team work essential
Key account executive (Former Employee) –  Peterborough2 December 2016
Purchasing in one country, selling into another, teamwork is the main key in succeeding within the bilinqual team.
The hardest part in this job was to take over an existing team in Holland to move to England with new people.
Pros
Teamwork
great
Customer Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kent12 November 2016
love the job i am in it consist of tasks that i am well trained to do but also a balance of task that require more thinking.
also requires travel to a lot of places around Kent and Sussex witch is lovely to see different sceneries.
management is good but constantly changing so when you build a good manager employee relationship we get a new manager.
co-workers are great real mix of characters from different areas of the county.
Pros
free van and fuel
Cons
low pay even though engineers with less experience are on more pay
An American corporation
Community Domain Owner (Former Employee) –  London4 September 2016
The job had become to impersonal as I was managed by Americans who did not reside in Europe.
I worked in North London and Hertfordshire, which took 4 hours commuting a day.
Pros
Lots of friends
Cons
Commuting, Impersonal
Enjoyable workplace
Development Technician (Former Employee) –  Dundee9 May 2016
Demanding workplace where skills are put to the test. Very enjoyable experience and new skills were developed along the way.
Pros
Flexi time
Cons
N/a
WorkAngel
AWS Technical architect at WorkAngel (Former Employee) –  London5 April 2016
After more than a year of hard work on automating WorkAngel's AWS cloud platform, the company has decided to outsource its cloud platform management to a third party putting an end to my work.
Customer Engineer
Customer Engineer (Current Employee) –  Nuneaton18 October 2015
Working as customer engineer, break fixing ATM’s and Self Checkouts in the midlands area, rebuilding PC’s repairing parts or swapping devices and programming and configuring them.
A very serious company about business and dilight customer driven
Account Support Manager - Tesco Bank (Current Employee) –  London, ENG8 May 2015
Wake up around 0600 and start work around 0700
very rarely take bre.aks due to work load. I could be still working late into the evening.
Core management around me are a business and customers delight driven
Really learning new skills every day and from peers and fellow colleges
Hard part of my jobs is to keep up with customer demands and exspectations.
Enjoyable part of my jobs is when are customer calls me or my CEO and says we our doing a great job weldone
Pros
Rewarded with free family meals.
Ncr
Key Account Executive: (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ENG12 March 2015
Bilingual Customer service job within a team of 15.
Took care of the Dutch market.
Purchased from France and dealt with German customers as well.
Balancing from purchasing and selling through numerous of resources of office equipment.
Unpredictable, varied and challenging
Customer IT Engineer (Former Employee) –  London, ENG9 March 2015
I worked as a field engineer, therefore I received all calls on my blackberry. I would prioritise my calls based on distance, parts availability and service level agreements. I collaborated with other team members, the client and couriers in order to perform my role efficiently.

My duties involved attending different customers' sites troubleshooting and solving network connection issues, or break fixing retail checkout peripherals.

Management were very supportive, team work among co workers was very important and assistance readily provided.The hardest part of the job was various shift patterns and long driving hours.

I thoroughly enjoyed building relationships with the clients and got a sense of satisfaction whenever a call is closed and the customer is happy
Pros
travel expenses paid, company vehicle
Cons
shift patterns