NCR

NCR Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Company Performance Targets
Field Engineer (Former Employee), ScotlandNovember 5, 2014
Cons: expected to stay to fix fault at end of shift if already on site.
The company work on the basis of targets that nobody can meet as all targets contradict each other, to hit one target means to neglect another, it is a no win situation for any field engineer with this company.
Rubbish
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), Motherwell, SCTOctober 26, 2014
I worked on my own at NCR, my main duties are Installation Services which included, using single/3 phase electrics to wire up the power to the machines using wiring diagrams, rewiring new PCB's into the new system so that the machine would come online, wiring UPS's to machines and testing to make sure that it was online, testing all the mechanical equipment to make sure it was working. Also Hardware Maintenance Service which includes, analyzing and correcting all technical problems on equipment within assigned customer accounts and perform periodic preventive maintenance routines on products and install modifications to equipment.
Was a great place to work
NCR - Module Tester (Former Employee), DundeeJune 26, 2014
I would probably still be there if they hadn't shut the factory
good workplace and workmates
Assembly Operator (Former Employee), Dundee, SCTSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: good wake nice work environment
Cons: only temp
really enjoyed this jod,great hours good shifts good pay but was only temp
A fun, hard working environment
Team Leader (Current Employee), FSCSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: co-workers and the environment as a whole
Cons: long hours.
My days vary day to day. It could be extremely busy with high call volume or it could be more relaxed with low call volume. Either way it is my responsibility to ensure we are hitting the service level agreement for each customer and each call is being dealt with to SLA. I enjoy working in the FSC as we all work well as a team with a good sense of fun as well as working hard. On the whole I enjoy my job. An enjoyable part of my role is working with my team and succeeding as a team. There are several difficult aspects to the role such as dealing with escalations. However I do what I can to ensure this escalation has a positive outcome.
productive
2nd line service engineer (Current Employee), londonMay 15, 2013
Cons: long hours
loomis and ncr merged together, large company to work for, very productive
Multicultural working environment, international places
Training Consultant, Trainer (Current Employee), WorldwideDecember 26, 2012
It requires much travel to different cultures to deviver customer service related trainings. I have learnt much tolerance, flexibility and to get myself ready for the next assignment even with a short notice. I am working closely with the management, the employees (participants) and other trainers on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job is to travel all the time. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I can work with new starters and help them learn the essential skills and knowledge.
Great Place to Work
Project Manager (Current Employee), KuwaitDecember 3, 2012
Pros: diversity, flexible hours
The work at NCR is challenging with many interesting projects initiated in the card payments, ATM, retail, POS, and cheque processing industies. The projects are quite diverse and I've had the opportunity to work on many new initiatives during my employment at NCR.
Contractor (Former Employee), DundeeSeptember 9, 2012
Pros: great pay even for minimal work
Cons: temp work
Friendly people to work with, Great atmosphere. Lunches are cheap in cafe and good food. Good access to building and plenty of parking spaces. Overall a great enviroment
professional environment
Self-Service STAB (Former Employee), ArkansasJanuary 20, 2015
very organized workplace
willing to teach
professional environment
friendly workers
Too old to change
Annuity Order Analyst (Former Employee), Suwanee, GAJanuary 18, 2015
Back office systems are too old and antiquated to be salvaged yet a lot of money is spent on band-aiding these applications.
lots of numbers
Data Entry Operator II (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 8, 2015
It was an exciting jobs, you would work with people who were in the other side of the world or in anther country. I enjoy working there, I also had the advantage to go to school and came back.
Muticutual company
Technical Manager (Current Employee), 北京市, C22January 3, 2015
Pros: regulare team activity.
Cons: annual leave, healthcare
Check email every morning to get any new information from NCR news team or solution management team, following of design/analysis the on going work and a review meeting with team for project progress.
I got knowledge of ATM structure, project process of NCR project developememnt.
NCR leadership is good to define the business future, but the different culture from different countries cuases it is slow to implement.
My co-workers are very keen and positive to life and job, I like to work and play badminton with them.
The hardest parts of the job is getting the 1st kit from manufacturing team when the modules is shortage.
I enjoyed to communicate with blobal team to know the country and culture.
Inside Sales
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 25, 2014
People were great! Company communication was not so great.
Nice place to work with good environment
Implementer Consultant (Current Employee), Abu DhabiDecember 25, 2014
There is a lot of working trips you will have , learn a lot of new technologies , nice environment .
Field technician position working from home office
CUSTOMER ENGINEER (Current Employee), PittsburghDecember 19, 2014
Pros: company vehicle, healthcare
Cons: long hours, traveling long distances, retail hours
Territory for my area is about 100 square miles. Parts availability sometimes requires driving between two locations and the store that requires the replacement part and driving approximately 3 hours. Long hours are required depending upon the situation and the location of the call. There are times that a technician can get trapped at a store trying to fix numerous issues. Okay position for someone who has a spouse or a very understanding significant other who is okay with changing pace and working conditions. Schedule may frequently change depending on co-workers availability. Work - life balance very skewed unless you are very on top of your game and make plans early and inform management of these changes.
Great co-workers
NCR - Server Repair Tech (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GADecember 17, 2014
Great co-workers! Learned great skills at this company. This is NCR
Tech Support Specialist / Customer Engineer II (Former Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 14, 2014
Pros: opportunity to learn alot if you into technolgy
Cons: working long hours
A typical day at work for NCR is that someday your busy and some days it slow.

I learn a lot working with NCR because they are keeping up with the latest Technology and it has given me a chance to learn more.
Friendly and Result oriented culture
Senior Cash Operation Analyst (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHDecember 11, 2014
NCR is my second college where I have learned lots of thins in practical mode. I work everyday in very friendly and equally productive environment where I love to go each morning.
N/A
Systems Quality Analyst (Current Employee), Plano, TxDecember 11, 2014
- Great learning experience
- Great supervisors
- Multinational culture
- Great working environment
- Excellent co-workers
- Working in the lab, meetings, assignment tasks, emails, etc

1 2 3 4 5

About NCR

Want to find NCR? Follow the money. Born during the waning days of the Wild West as National Cash Register, NCR is a leading maker – Read more