NatWest Employee Reviews

bulled out after 12 years
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  North Downs22 September 2017
the summery says it all.

used to be so happy and successful but the new area manager came along the first thing she said to me was ' i would say thnk you for looking after my area but you have already made me look bad with such a great performances. how can i follow that.'

she then told me i could not do the job I had been doing for 5 years and succeeding in because i was dyslexic and that some one stupid who could not spell should never have been given the job.
Pros
Cons
every thing
Fun
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westfield Stratford City, Greater London18 September 2017
I had a great experience. I learnt a lot of new things and met a lot of new people. It was a good insight into banking and how banks work and now know what I possibly could do in future
good place to work and learn
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Halesowen, West Midlands15 September 2017
I worked hard during my time with NatWest learnt a lot and progressed throught he roles. I also deputised for the manager attended conference calls daily, monitored and logged sales targets and achievements
Pros
excellent working conditions
Front Line Banking
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Malton, North Yorkshire11 September 2017
Face to Face Client Transactions
Handling Of Cash
Sales of Associated Products such as higher level bank account, loans, credit cards
Exchange of foreign currency
Character building
Personal banker (Former Employee) –  London11 September 2017
I found the training at NatWest to be very good. It was character building and I picked up a lot of skills.

As the my career progressed, the work ethos and company culture continued to improve.

I would recommend working for NatWest.
Pros
Good training
Bad pay
Customer service Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London11 September 2017
Not a bad job but for a huge successful bank the pay is really bad, but good opportunities to move up to better positions i.e customer service advisor/manager.
producative
Bank Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walthamstow, Greater London10 September 2017
My experience at working at a bank for my two weeks of work experience was good as I got to deal with different customers for the first time and feeling the work life for the first time whilst studying at school. The most hardest part was knowing the security pin whilst getting out of the doors as it can be difficult by forgetting about the pins. The most enjoyable time was having to do different task behind doors and helping the managers and gaining knowledge about work life and how the banking system works.
Pros
lunch
Cons
Good company to work for
Customer Services Manager (Former Employee) –  natwest rugeley10 September 2017
Has been a good company to work for for the past 17 years. Unfortunately they have closed over 100
Branches so there is some worry around career progression and job security. Training is pretty
Comprehensive
Pros
Good training
Cons
Job losses
Customer Focused
Customer Service / Clerical (Former Employee) –  Birmingham8 September 2017
I started working in 1980 for NatWest. I have seen many changes, not always for the better. Having said that they are a Customer Service driven organisation.

As an employer they offer good training and transferable skills.
Pros
training
Cons
Job security
Changing with the times
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands7 September 2017
Natwest is a bank that is changing with the times due to the demand for more updated technology and less demand for branches. Over the years this has been happening across all sectors in the bank.
Pros
RBS select and working with a team
Cons
Lack of staff support on occasions
Software Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London6 September 2017
Great place to work, although it was a contract role, i wouldn't mind working for them on a permanent role. great team, great management and good environment.
Productive and fun Place to work
Data Entry/Administration (Former Employee) –  London5 September 2017
a typical day at work is starting at 7am and doing Data entry for rejected cheques. Learned to use different computer systems and my data entry speed and accuracy improved. Management were excellent as long as the Job got done.
It very enjoyable working place and the Friday evening pub/bar visits was apart of the culture.
Hard part of job was getting everything done within Bank's time line.
Pros
Fast pace banking environment and day goes quick
Cons
Have to mean time lines for Bank
productive
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Biggleswade, Bedfordshire5 September 2017
great work place culture
leant a lot about people in the work place
got to know a wide variety of customers that has taught me a great deal, thats what i loved most about my job
Pros
recognition
Cons
lack of staff
A good place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol4 September 2017
I worked for Natwest for six years and it has it's good and bad points like any job.
Staff are friendly and working hours are good, Mon-Fri and occasional weekends.
Targets used to be tough but since I left thing s have improved massively.
Pros
Staff benefits
Cons
Targets
I worked their over 20 years ago
Office Junior (Former Employee) –  Various31 August 2017
I worked for this company over 20 years ago and I really have no opinion or thoughts on them after all these years. I do have happy memories of people I met.
productive and fun
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Bow, Greater London29 August 2017
i loved my time at NatWest, one I will cherish I developed many skills in retail during my time and feel it has helped me grow! my days at work were amazing the management team were very supportive and caring at the most enjoyable part was the feel of the environment, I loved it! The work place culture was very enjoyable everyone seemed to get on with there jobs and the manager was very hard working and attentive.
Pros
break
A full days work
Customer Service Officer/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Leicester29 August 2017
Dealt with customers face to face over the counter and supervising fellow colleagues. Work was structured with close attention to detail, compliance and accuracy. The most enjoyable part of the job was building strong relations with customers and having the support of colleagues and management
Excellent conpany to work for
Customer service office (Former Employee) –  Skegness, Lincolnshire27 August 2017
Great job with lots of benefits free bank account staff loans and credit cards pension job progression plenty of training and refresher courses and lots of support
Pros
Pension
Cons
Sales targets
Manager regulatory liaison (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London24 August 2017
Lots of hours expected to put in but the role is rewarding and high level of management exposure. The top management is clear about goals and objectives
Target driven while working as a team to reach a common goal.
Associate Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Bradford21 August 2017
Serving customers internally and externally. Promote and sell products that are suitable for the customer. Working in a customer service driven environment.