Nationwide Crash Repair Centres Ltd Employee Reviews

Driver @ Littlehampton, West Sussex
Driver (Former Employee) –  Littlehampton, West Sussex30 October 2017
Whilst working at Nationwide Crash Repairs in Littlehampton I found the work team an absolute joy to work with, I enjoyed going to work and was proud to be the face of the company.

It was overall a friendly work place with nice people including the management team who were always very approachable, i was sad to leave but happy i still keep in contact with all........
Pros
Great working team
Cons
Poor pay
Culture is changing for the better - just give it time
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Anglia27 October 2017
I have worked for Nationwide for nearly three years. They pay you on time and expect you to do what you are paid for - who wouldn't?

Most certainly the company has improved during my time here. As with all companies, procedures need to be aligned and improved and some employees do struggle with this.

The company is doing all it can to improve the culture and working environment for everyone. Nothings perfect, and we simply need to give the time needed to see the benefit of these changes, which I am confident will bear fruit in time.

Join with an open mind and willingness to change with the times.

Nationwide are no different to any other large employer - the car repair industry is changing with ever improving technology; we need to keep ahead of the game. The majority of our customers are very happy indeed with the work carried out on their vehicles - testament to the great workforce we have dealing direct with our customers and behind the scenes carrying out repairs.

Overall we have a good mix of people, and I for one enjoy working here.
Pros
Good mix of people. Busy days. Nationwide rewards
Cons
Employees unwillingness to adapt and change
Seriously consider other company’s first
Driver/Valeter (Former Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear19 October 2017
Disgraceful company to work for, unless you work in the office. The bosses and office people get their bonus company cars and big wages and the rest of the staff get hours cut and expected to work overtime as and when it suits them. The whole One nationwide, one team simply does not exist ! Drivers and valeters are treated so badly I’m surprised they even turn up for £7.50per hour
Pros
Lads in the workshop
Cons
Management and office staff.
Enjoyable work place.very nice people
Paint mixer (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear13 October 2017
Very nice people and work friendly place a lot of different motor skills involved with this job.all ares of motor vehicle jobs.example sales department especially enjoyable
Pros
Different areas of motor skills
great place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire11 October 2017
great place to work staff where great very friendly the hours were long though and the salary didn't match the extra work which was required in busier periods
Pros
fun place to work
Fast Changing Environment
Training Manager (Current Employee) –  National9 October 2017
Nationwide is a fast changing environment with real ambition. I have worked here for 2 years and the business is still evolving. Decent staff benefits, there is development with a number of internal promotions and courses such as Management Development training for new and future leaders. The company has grown quickly through growth and acquisition and there is lots of work going on to make sure that we are consistent in all areas. As for me, absolutely never a dull moment, this is a challenging and rewarding place to work.
Pros
Staff Benefits
Terrible
Driver (Former Employee) –  East Grinstead, West Sussex28 September 2017
Treated like rubbish.poor managements. Old tools in the garage.minimum wages. Worst place i've ever worked for. Long hours expected paid at same hourly rate no overtime paid
depressing place to wotk
Driver (Former Employee) –  Littlehampton15 September 2017
had constant bullying while working at nationwide by the transport manager if your face did not fit this is what happens at this place and management did nothing about it. treated like dirt worst place I have ever worked low wages and when there is no collections or delivery's they make you do silly little jobs like shredding and cleaning making them coffee etc absolute rubbish.
Pros
Cons
everything
productive and fun workplace
Driver (Former Employee) –  Daventry16 July 2017
what else can be easier than just delivering and picking up customer's cars? very few paperwork to deal with and as long as I'm careful not to have a crash and a speed ticket, there is no stress at all
Pros
adjustable hours or days
Cons
part time job
The worse mind numbing , stressful place I have ever worked . Treated like dirt.
Driver/ Dogs body (Former Employee) –  Nationwide jcc Colwick Notts16 July 2017
Recently left nationwide jcc as by far the worse place I have ever worked. Drivers are paid minimal wage to go to customers houses to pick vehicles up , detail damage, take licence and excess details, spend half an hr or more explaining how gd we are when we actually know the work we do is terrible. We are first and last person who are the face of this company picking up and delivering vehicle back but are treated like rubbish by estimators and staff and customers when work is awful , which was 90/95% of the time. Answer phones do paperwork and all the dog bodies jobs. Clean cars, clean garage and every other job they wanted. £7:50per hr as the face of nationwide. An absolute joke. No one who works at this particular branch likes the place and are always off sick as atmosphere is horrendous. 8 staff left before me as it was a horrendous place to work. Regional manager was a good guy to be fair. DO NOT WORK HERE !!!!
Pros
None at all
Cons
Low pay, Staff are awful and no job prospects whatsoever. Depressing place
Old business, old building, behind the times in equipment and pay.
CSA (Former Employee) –  Somerset13 July 2017
Worked here and only stayed as hours work well for me, also the guys I worked with were a really good bunch and would always help you out.
Upper management don't have a clue and branch manager had no interpersonal skills what's so ever.
Pay was bad and management did nothing to keep good staff.
Would not recommend.
Pros
People you work with.
Cons
Bad pay and working environment
Dont do it,you will regret it
Panel Beater (Former Employee) –  Hamilton12 July 2017
Terrible place with idiotic thick chav running the place to ensure THEY get a bonus.Basic equipment the worst ive ever seen and only the longest serving (very few)get all the good jobs and you get all the garbage .In short,its got a horrendous reputation for a very good reason.
Be patent and get a real job is my advice.
Pros
Cons
Management, and everything else.
Productive and fun place
Purchase Ledger Clerk (Former Employee) –  Witney, Oxfordshire9 June 2017
Code and check invoices
Work out VAT payments (so you'll finally be able to use your GCSE maths)
Pay out money via BACS or by cheque
Check and reconcile supplier statements
File invoices and statements
Deal with purchase enquiries
Process staff expenses
Ok to work for
Parts Advisor (Former Employee) –  Gateshead5 June 2017
You learned on the job.

the whole crash repair team were outstanding.

A great team.

working with different makes and models of cars.

The hardest part of the job is learning different thing about the motor trade
Pros
Different models of cars
Cons
Different models of cars
Convenient place to work
Panel Beater (Current Employee) –  Ellesmere Port, Cheshire31 May 2017
This place. Well,!
The workshop staff are a good bunch of lads, who all work well as a team, an It allows me to work the hours that suit me,( early till late), but it's not the best place I have worked in.
Customer service and Job role
Senior Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  East Grinstead, West Sussex11 May 2017
Providing the best customer service possible.
Learnt the motor trade, being promoted to senior customer service advisor and being a trainer for new staff
Pros
Learning A lot about my job role
Cons
Long Hours, not being recognised what i do
Dont work here!!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Fareham, Hampshire2 May 2017
awful company to work for bullying environment from managers badly treated will sack you over silly things if they don't like you very bad rates of pay! trust me you'll be better working for a different body shop if thats what you want to do!
Pros
Cons
Long hours bad pay bulling managers
Fun place to work & supportive team
People Team (Current Employee) –  Warwick, Warwickshire2 May 2017
- Great office environment (lovely team)
- Supportive colleagues, always willing to lend a helping hand (or ten)
- Busy diaries, but productive days
- Great working relationships with the wider business
- Always development opportunities available
- Parking can be a challenge due to location
Pros
Work with a great team, development opportunities
Cons
Parking
fun place to work
Vehicle Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dundee30 April 2017
this was my fist annual paid job and I loved it but due to the early starts and it was 16 miles from my hometown it was an 6am bus I had to get o start at 8am. If I didn't have to travel so early I would have stayed, the wages were great the hours were great and the management were great too
Pros
fun
Cons
long day
Valeter (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire23 April 2017
The work gets done. Everyone I worked with was kind and helpful. The work varied from easy to hard but at the end of the day everyone got their work done

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nationwide Crash Repair Centres Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7