MyDentist Employee Reviews

Poor all round company
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Leicestershire16 February 2018
They dont appreciate staff. They didnt train me properly and was asked to do stuff not in my job role. Communication is terrible and constantly spoken to by rude staff. Trying to get hold of the manager was a nightmare they would turn there phone off. The head office area manager didnt seem interested in any complaints made by staff. Forced to call paitents up and cold call them on products! Even if they didnt tick smile checkers. Overall a horrible expierence so i left the company.
Pros
Cons
Poor managment
Good for after VT
Regional dentist (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire14 February 2018
Moving to the regional role was an easy transition from VT. Secure with not too much pressure. Supportive managers if you are lucky. The Academy tool is great for CPD.
I have enjoyed working for mydentist
Dental Receptionist/Nurse (Current Employee) –  England11 February 2018
I have been working for mydentist for nearly 12 years now and have enjoyed it. The salary is the only downside for and me which does not seem to be consistent throughout the practices.
Get out what you put in!
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  South.3 February 2018
Being a dental practice Pm is hard work whoever you work for. I am a firm believer that you will be rewarded for what you do -it might not be over night but it will happen.

Mydentist is full of practice managers who have stepped up from nursing which is brilliant. They offer excellent support and training but you need to be prepared to learn and listen to your peers.

Pay is not amazing but miles ahead of what you can earn as a nurse.

I think it's a shame head office is up north it would be nice if they could split it so more opportunities come available to progress.

There are some brilliant practices in the company with some great people and some really great area managers.

I would recommend being a practice manager for mydentist.
Pros
Graduate salary with no degree needed
Cons
Lazy people blaming the company for their own faults
Great company
Pm (Current Employee) –  South coast2 February 2018
This is an active learning organisation . Always encouraging staff to better themselves . Sometimes the knowledge and experiences you gain are more valuable than salary. No one is ever satisfied with their pay in any job . My dentist reward well . Pay your GDC, indemnity and support all your CPD needs . A great corporate to work for .
Pros
Great team
Job satisfaction zero
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  North West1 February 2018
Management leads by constant threat of disciplinary action if it is deemed that practice is not achieving the unrealistic targets you have had no input into setting.
Hours of extra time (unpaid of course) dedicated to ensure practice kept running and constant battles with staff shortages.
Nothing is ever praised or commended only emphasis is on negatives. Very poor work life balance with poor pay.
Pros
Fantastic practice team - great dentists, nurses and patients
Cons
Absolutely no job satisfaction.
Poor pay for all
DUAL SITE MANAGEMENT (Former Employee) –  South East26 January 2018
I have worked within the company as a nurse and then had a promotion. although the practice teams and fellow managers are very supportive they work there butts off for no real reward... for a CQC registered manager dual site.... considering the overwhelming responsibility you are paid a pittance. I work over 55 hours a week to get paid for 40.

Pay needs to be the first priority for this company as the staff turn over is unbelievable!! reception team over worked, and the clinical staff well all I can say is you will be worked to an inch of your life with no thanks.

Managers are under a huge amount of stress constant budgets, targets and low morale.... managers leaving due to stress but it doesn't matter because you will be replaced with someone without any experience or clinical knowledge and they will get paid more than you.

Dentists are unmanageable and will throw in the self employed card every time they shout in your receptions face/swear and generally give a flat NO when you ask them to do anything, EVEN IF IT RELATES TO PRACTICE COMPLIANCE.
Pros
good practice staff, free cpd, support form co workers
Cons
Pay
Support
Manager (Former Employee) –  Practice18 January 2018
Teams in practice are great and work really hard. How ever the support you get is dependent on if your flavour of the month. There isn’t anyone to go to regarding this and I left because of this.
Pros
Cons
Work life balance none
Demoralising. Bullying. Discrimination
Dental Nurse (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow16 January 2018
This company put profits before patient care. If targets are not met ADM's rip into the practice teams. They discriminate against several colleagues from varying backgrounds. Targets are unattainable. Material budgets cut to bare minimum. Inferior products used to keep costs down. Employed staff paid just above minimum wage. Good practice teams demoralised by profits before patients. Area Managers unqualified and resort to bullying and threats of disciplinary action to ensure company targets are attained. Avoid at all costs.
Pros
GDC paid
Cons
Long hours. Staff shortage. Bullying.
Unbearable performance pressure
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  North West7 January 2018
High pressure environment with continual threats of disciplinary action if practice not performing in any area. Managers unable to manage practice, with facilities and purchasing overseen by unqualified Muppets. No clinical support, even when serious issues surrounding clinical practice identified. Personal efforts count for nothing if dentists underperform. Trying to get equipment repaired was a joke.
Pros
Peer support from other managers, great supportive practice team
Cons
Constent threat of disciiplinary action, poor work life balance
Busy working company
Dental Nurse (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside7 January 2018
Very busy company to work for, Constant targets to be met = high stress levels.

The working hours days/weeks are very long, including some rota'd saturdays.

Hourly pay for 8 years experience was on .50p more than NMW.

This company is more of a stepping stone passing through company for myself. It is not a long term company.

A plus side is, everything is followed properly, polices and procedures etc.
Pros
Constant chances to keep upto date with CPD and Polices
Cons
Long working hours
Avoid
Manager (Former Employee) –  North West5 January 2018
Work life balance out the window . It doesn't matter how much you sacrifice it will do you no good at all and you will be no better thought of. All the company want is yes people who act like automatons and do exactly as they are told. You may be a manager but you have very little say in what happens in your practice but by God will you be up for a disciplinary if you do anything wrong. Although as a manager you will be on a 40 hour contact you will actually work 50 hours or more with no extra pay. I put my own life on hold for this company and i refuse to.let this happen again. Loved my staff. Final nail in coffin was when another manager was taken on in my area with no dental experience on more money than me. Left with very low self esteem confidence shot to pieces and faith in human nature lost. No care for employees whatsoever - only incentive to do your job well is threat of disciplinary or getting the sack - no perks . I know there is alot of negativity for practice managers on here but staff need to be aware of the massive pressure put on them which then gets filtered down to the nurses and dentists.
Pros
Great staff on the whole and support of other managers
Cons
Too many to mention
Poor management
Dental Hygienist (Current Employee) –  Staffordshire5 January 2018
Working for My Dentist is similar to working within a third world country at times. There are frequent equipment failures and maintenance problems which take an age to address due to the organisational structure.
The calibre of Dentists employed by this company I have to be generally poor with a strong orientation towards profit rather than care of the public.
The turnover of staff is concerning and frustrating, although not surprising.
Great environment
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Torquay, Devon29 December 2017
As a volounteer for my duke of Edinburgh award I decided I would volounteer at my local dentist this was a great environment it helped me learn about management of time and good customer service
Pros
Amazing people and happy customers
Cons
Stress when it gets too busy
Terrible practice
Dental Nurse/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  East Hull22 December 2017
Worked for my dentist for a few years.
Management at all practices is diabolical.
Laziness is rewarded and accepted but only by favourite members of staff.
Poor wages for a lot of responsibility.
Unable to recruit good decent dentists.
No patient care whatsoever-disgusting

Reception at this practice is dire! No organisation at all! A complete joke. Staff more concerned about sucking up to management.
Pros
Cpd, Most staff members are great
Cons
Lack of organisation, poor wages, reception terrible, no patient care.
No patient care
Dental Nurse (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow3 November 2017
Basically slave labour, paid minimum wage as a qualified dental nurse. Other nurses and dentist were amazing but management was a joke! Promises of career progesssion but when you ask about courses they are all refused. Too much silly paperwork that is completely unessesary. More concerned about how much money they make than the patient care! Poor equipment/materials. Most of our equipment was 10+ years old and falling apart yet will not replace anything. Stay clear of this company
Pros
Great staff, free cpd, gdc paid, indemnity paid
Cons
Long hours, underpaid, poor equipment, poor management, poor training
Awful place to work
Dental Nurse (Former Employee) –  Spennymoor, Durham29 October 2017
Nurses get no recognition for there hard work at all! This is by far the worse company I have worked for! Iv had several problems with management and they've always took the managers side even when they were completely I'm the wrong. I ended up leaving without another job to go to as the problems at work had sever impact on my mental health and the company didn't do a thing about it
Don't bother applying
Dental Nurse/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Cumbria27 October 2017
We got taken over by the company as a well established practice that the head dentist was selling due to retirement. Mydentist has single handedly come in and ruined the place. Terrible pay, horrendous management and they use bullying tactics. Middle management and HR are awful and do not support you at all leaving all staff members feeling worthless, you are just a faceless number to them. If you do decide to join the company join a good union because you will need it!!
Cons
Shocking place to work no authority like a playground environment. To many chief
Dental Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cheshire25 October 2017
Love my patients got the place upto scratch have a day off it all goes to pot .. no organisation what so ever it's a "do what u want" kind of job.
Always work through dinner no one cares about the next person. Shocking
Rude stuck up nurses & dentists
Dental Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New Milton19 October 2017
Rude horrible patients, most were abusive and rude. Wasn't sure if my in description was receptionist or punch bag. Rude stuck up shallow dental nurses and dentists that spoke to you like dirt all day all in front of patients. All of this for £7.50 a hour. You can get paid more for same receptionist role elsewhere for a lot less work no abuse and nicer colleagues and patients. Jobs to do as long as your arm, phone doesn't stop ringing. Don't work here and if you do get out while you can.
Pros
Zero
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MyDentist. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7