MyDentist Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Not and enjoyable place to work
Dental Nurse/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New Milton, Hampshire14 September 2017
Awful company, awful hours, awful dentist, awful manager, awful pay! Too many catty girls with big peronalities, everyone screaming at eachother infront of patients.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, rubbish pay, horrible staff
Busywork place
Nice dentists
High staff turnover
Limited appointments for patients
Clean and tidy
Experienced and hard working nurses
Terrible
Dental Nurse/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom24 July 2017
Terrible place to work.
Managers are mainly non clinical.
Rubbish money and no hope for a payrise.
Expect you to give give give. .
Run into lunch breaks frequently
No respect from managers.
Staff meetings in your unpaid lunch hour
No bonus at christmas
Staff meetings very rarely
Pros
Gdc and indemnity paid for
Cons
Long hours. No respect from managers.
boring and not much team work
Receptionist/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees6 July 2017
I enjoy the dentist honest I've made some excellent friends but overall I think its rather over staffed and the dentists are very rude people, I've also felt like I've been unable to progress.
Pros
nice teeth
Cons
dentists see nurses as inferior
Manager support
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge2 July 2017
Great Support from ADM and other practice managers.
Mydentist academy for all employees to completed CPD
Many job opportunities for nurses, receptionist,Dentist and hygienist.
Pros
Support from ADM
Cons
recruitment.
The worst company
Dental Nurse/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Essex29 June 2017
Materials used for NHS & PRIVATE are the same!!
Rude staff members, managers have no clue, other staff members bullied to the point of leaving. There is discrimination against staff. Worst company possible! This is not a career! Worst job ever. Do not work for these people!!!
Pros
Gdc
Cons
Above
Avoid!!
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  North Wales12 April 2017
Where do I start.... just imagine being given a list as long as your arm of jobs to do, a phone that ring 24/7, a que of patients all day, everyone else's job they can't be arsed doing, and your on only £7.20 a hour knowing your younger sibling is in Tesco having a laugh in work on a extra £2 a hour! You can of course progress from just a receptionist to a trainee dental nurse where the dentist treat you like scum of the earth and refuse to work along side you, risk contracting a disease and take all that learning on for not a penny extra! Holidays pffffttt just because your entitled doesn't mean your having them! And if you do get some balls to approach management they won't care you have to either get on with it or leave... my advice is go to Tesco and stack shelves you will enjoy your life much better.
Cons
Poor management, poor pay, unorganised
Not too bad
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  shepton mallet, UK11 April 2017
The job is ok, the staff are ok to work with but they can be a bit iffy sometimes. Sometimes they like you, other times they don't. I constantly work on my own which I have made clear I do not appreciate as I am on minimum wage, I am not head receptionist and I seem to get everyone's dirty work that they do not want to do. It is very stressful and no-one wants to help make it a little bit easier. I work over time which I believe I am not getting paid for and I do my best to achieve all goals but the only things that go noticed are the things I am unable to achieve which is only due to me being on my own all the time.
OK work place depends on the practice.
Dental Nurse (Former Employee) –  Warwickshire23 March 2017
Colleagues nice and friendly. To many chiefs. Salary is poor for qualified dental nurse, nurses that are employed after you seem to get what salary they want. Not all practices pull together as a team. Corporate all about targets, money, hard sell, paperwork. Long ours weekends bank holidays just to make up uda's ridiculous targets. Basic materials even for private work. Budgets for ordering you can't even get basic items such as masks and gloves. Too many ridiculous audits.
Pros
Cpd, gdc paid, imdenity
Cons
Where do I start
It's Work
Receptionist/Dental Float Nurse (Current Employee) –  South West17 March 2017
Over worked and under paid,
No support from the company
Promises that management will help you progress and then no action is taken
hours 7:30am to potentially 7pm
All about profit
Hard selling required
No Cover given/allowed for time off
minimum wage
wanting you to work saturdays
the list goes on
Pros
Employment
Cons
as above
friendly staff
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Peterborough City Centre, Cambridgeshire17 March 2017
friendly staff, nice place to work. excellent management.
Typical day at work, auxiliar the dentist passing the instruments, right notes and sterilizing instruments
Ok
Dental Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire16 March 2017
Ok place to work for, salary on offer could be better.
Holidays 20 days.
Long hours plus weekends and bank holidays.
Very fast paced, busy all the time.
Lots of paper work involved.
Good training academy.
Gdc and insurance paid for.
Terrible place to work
Dental Nurse/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Haslington9 March 2017
I would never recommend anyone to work at this place. The wage is rubbish for what nurses have to do and you don't get paid any overtime at all. The dentists are out to just get points so they can complete their target for the year even if it means doing fillings and treatment when not needed.
Pros
Cons
Long hours for rubbish pay.
Rewarding job
Dental Nurse (Current Employee) –  Catterick Garrison, North Yorkshire6 March 2017
Big company hitting targets is a must. Good training and free CPD on the my dentist academy. Good mixture of patients from babies to the elderly. Great team of clinicians and receptionists.
love my patients
Dental Nurse/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dolgellau, Gwynedd5 March 2017
I love coming to work everyday in a modern practice. A typical day at work would have me either answering calls and making appointments on the desk, or helping the dentist to treat patients and advise.
I am very lucky to have been able to work with experienced dentists/ therapists that are always happy to listen to any advice/ knowledge that I have in regards to the treatment/ x-ray results etc. I feel blessed to have been able to help my patients and am very grateful to have finally found the career that I wish to pursue.

Unfortunatley my practice is being closed this year and therefore i will be redundant.
Good
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Nottingham21 February 2017
Day to day running of location was good.
Company information was good
Health and safety good
Staff friendly and helpful
alright
Dental Nurse (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear15 February 2017
good company to work for but have not much benefits for staff,loads of in house training and they do loads of experiment to see if the system they want to introduce will work or not
Avoid working here
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk27 January 2017
Worst place to work! The manager is rude,the staff are rude and the job is horrendious!!
Never worked somewhere so bad in m life.
Excellent advancement opportunities
Head Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bradford & Halifax area11 January 2017
I have a worked for the company for nearly 5 years. I started as a part time receptionist and progressed to full time trainee nurse, to a qualified nurse, to decontamination lead, to head Nurse. I have received training for extended duties and post registration qualifications and have the opportunity to use these skills in practice where possible. It hasn't always been easy along the way, with having problems with some dentists and managers but I am lucky to have a very supportive area manager. I feel the company has gained a bad reputation in the past but are working hard to make changes. I have had endless support and opportunities given to me. The one thing obvious to me is that if you show willing, ambition, passion and drive and work hard, the opportunities are endless. I find people work for the company and have issues when they are asked to do the job they are employed to do. I have turned down many job opportunities to stay with the company. There is also a belief that the company will not pay more than £8ph for a qualified nurse which is not correct - maybe these nurses just don't warrant anything higher...
Pros
Career progression, Benefits, Post Registration Qualifications paid for.
Cons
Some dentists can be difficult to work with
Appalling place to work
Dental Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Midlands22 December 2016
I'm a current employee of my dentist and it's an appalling place to work. No care for the patients just the set targets. The way management treat the staff is horrible. No support with problems. The list is endless.
Cons
Long hours for no extra

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MyDentist. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8