MyDentist Employee Reviews

Awful place to work
Dental Nurse (Former Employee) –  Spennymoor, Durham29 October 2017
Nurses get no recognition for there hard work at all! This is by far the worse company I have worked for! Iv had several problems with management and they've always took the managers side even when they were completely I'm the wrong. I ended up leaving without another job to go to as the problems at work had sever impact on my mental health and the company didn't do a thing about it
Don't bother applying
Dental Nurse/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Cumbria27 October 2017
We got taken over by the company as a well established practice that the head dentist was selling due to retirement. Mydentist has single handedly come in and ruined the place. Terrible pay, horrendous management and they use bullying tactics. Middle management and HR are awful and do not support you at all leaving all staff members feeling worthless, you are just a faceless number to them. If you do decide to join the company join a good union because you will need it!!
Cons
Shocking place to work no authority like a playground environment. To many chief
Dental Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cheshire25 October 2017
Love my patients got the place upto scratch have a day off it all goes to pot .. no organisation what so ever it's a "do what u want" kind of job.
Always work through dinner no one cares about the next person. Shocking
Rude stuck up nurses & dentists
Dental Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New Milton19 October 2017
Rude horrible patients, most were abusive and rude. Wasn't sure if my in description was receptionist or punch bag. Rude stuck up shallow dental nurses and dentists that spoke to you like dirt all day all in front of patients. All of this for £7.50 a hour. You can get paid more for same receptionist role elsewhere for a lot less work no abuse and nicer colleagues and patients. Jobs to do as long as your arm, phone doesn't stop ringing. Don't work here and if you do get out while you can.
Pros
Zero
Busy practice
Dental Nurse/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Fleetwood, Lancashire25 September 2017
Mydentist practices tend to be extremely busy. Salary isn't great, could be better. Good career opportunities for the staff members. CPD easily provided by the company and courses are paid for
Pros
Career opportunities
Cons
Poor salary
Not and enjoyable place to work
Dental Nurse/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New Milton, Hampshire14 September 2017
Awful company, awful hours, awful dentist, awful manager, awful pay! Too many catty girls with big peronalities, everyone screaming at eachother infront of patients.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, rubbish pay, horrible staff
Worst company to work for
Reception/ nurse (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon25 July 2017
Have worked for the company for 4 years leaving as am treated like dirt by the dentist's management and area manager only care about the dentist's who are self employed. They have no care or consideration for the nurses or reception staff.
Busywork place
Nice dentists
High staff turnover
Limited appointments for patients
Clean and tidy
Experienced and hard working nurses
Terrible
Dental Nurse/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom24 July 2017
Terrible place to work.
Managers are mainly non clinical.
Rubbish money and no hope for a payrise.
Expect you to give give give. .
Run into lunch breaks frequently
No respect from managers.
Staff meetings in your unpaid lunch hour
No bonus at christmas
Staff meetings very rarely
Pros
Gdc and indemnity paid for
Cons
Long hours. No respect from managers.
boring and not much team work
Receptionist/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees6 July 2017
I enjoy the dentist honest I've made some excellent friends but overall I think its rather over staffed and the dentists are very rude people, I've also felt like I've been unable to progress.
Pros
nice teeth
Cons
dentists see nurses as inferior
Manager support
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge2 July 2017
Great Support from ADM and other practice managers.
Mydentist academy for all employees to completed CPD
Many job opportunities for nurses, receptionist,Dentist and hygienist.
Pros
Support from ADM
Cons
recruitment.
The worst company
Dental Nurse/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Essex29 June 2017
Materials used for NHS & PRIVATE are the same!!
Rude staff members, managers have no clue, other staff members bullied to the point of leaving. There is discrimination against staff. Worst company possible! This is not a career! Worst job ever. Do not work for these people!!!
Pros
Gdc
Cons
Above
Avoid!!
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  North Wales12 April 2017
Where do I start.... just imagine being given a list as long as your arm of jobs to do, a phone that ring 24/7, a que of patients all day, everyone else's job they can't be arsed doing, and your on only £7.20 a hour knowing your younger sibling is in Tesco having a laugh in work on a extra £2 a hour! You can of course progress from just a receptionist to a trainee dental nurse where the dentist treat you like scum of the earth and refuse to work along side you, risk contracting a disease and take all that learning on for not a penny extra! Holidays pffffttt just because your entitled doesn't mean your having them! And if you do get some balls to approach management they won't care you have to either get on with it or leave... my advice is go to Tesco and stack shelves you will enjoy your life much better.
Cons
Poor management, poor pay, unorganised
Not too bad
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  shepton mallet, UK11 April 2017
The job is ok, the staff are ok to work with but they can be a bit iffy sometimes. Sometimes they like you, other times they don't. I constantly work on my own which I have made clear I do not appreciate as I am on minimum wage, I am not head receptionist and I seem to get everyone's dirty work that they do not want to do. It is very stressful and no-one wants to help make it a little bit easier. I work over time which I believe I am not getting paid for and I do my best to achieve all goals but the only things that go noticed are the things I am unable to achieve which is only due to me being on my own all the time.
OK work place depends on the practice.
Dental Nurse (Former Employee) –  Warwickshire23 March 2017
Colleagues nice and friendly. To many chiefs. Salary is poor for qualified dental nurse, nurses that are employed after you seem to get what salary they want. Not all practices pull together as a team. Corporate all about targets, money, hard sell, paperwork. Long ours weekends bank holidays just to make up uda's ridiculous targets. Basic materials even for private work. Budgets for ordering you can't even get basic items such as masks and gloves. Too many ridiculous audits.
Pros
Cpd, gdc paid, imdenity
Cons
Where do I start
It's Work
Receptionist/Dental Float Nurse (Current Employee) –  South West17 March 2017
Over worked and under paid,
No support from the company
Promises that management will help you progress and then no action is taken
hours 7:30am to potentially 7pm
All about profit
Hard selling required
No Cover given/allowed for time off
minimum wage
wanting you to work saturdays
the list goes on
Pros
Employment
Cons
as above
friendly staff
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Peterborough City Centre, Cambridgeshire17 March 2017
friendly staff, nice place to work. excellent management.
Typical day at work, auxiliar the dentist passing the instruments, right notes and sterilizing instruments
Ok
Dental Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire16 March 2017
Ok place to work for, salary on offer could be better.
Holidays 20 days.
Long hours plus weekends and bank holidays.
Very fast paced, busy all the time.
Lots of paper work involved.
Good training academy.
Gdc and insurance paid for.
Terrible place to work
Dental Nurse/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Haslington9 March 2017
I would never recommend anyone to work at this place. The wage is rubbish for what nurses have to do and you don't get paid any overtime at all. The dentists are out to just get points so they can complete their target for the year even if it means doing fillings and treatment when not needed.
Pros
Cons
Long hours for rubbish pay.
Rewarding job
Dental Nurse (Current Employee) –  Catterick Garrison, North Yorkshire6 March 2017
Big company hitting targets is a must. Good training and free CPD on the my dentist academy. Good mixture of patients from babies to the elderly. Great team of clinicians and receptionists.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MyDentist. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7