Motorpoint Employee Reviews

Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  England19 February 2018
Motorpoint is a great place to work. Excellent support, progression, training and benefits. All of the staff are friendly and welcoming and they make you feel at home.
A career not just a job
Manager (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire24 January 2018
Motorpoint have created a supportive and fun working atmosphere. I genuinely enjoy coming to work everyday. They recognise achievement and generously reward colleagues. I have learnt a lot in the several months I've worked for them and I know there are lots of opportunities to learn more in the not so distant future through varied training courses and not forgetting my wonderful colleagues who want to share their knowledge and enthusiasm. I have and will continue to recommend that anyone thinking of applying for a job with Motorpoint to give it a go. It was the best decision I've made.
Pros
Excellent benefit structure and training opportunities
Excellent
NET Applications Developer (Current Employee) –  Derby3 January 2018
Fantastic place to work, awesome team of very skilled people, great benefits including shareholding, health insurance, dental and optician cover. Highly recommended
Castleford Motorpoint Best Company I've Worked For!
Vehicle Detailer (Current Employee) –  Castleford, West Yorkshire21 November 2017
Fantastic Company! Great Team! Brilliant Career Opportunities!

Been with the company since the launch of the Castleford site. Working as a yard hand to begin with I moved to quality controller and then the company saw I had a natural talent at machine polishing and a keen eye for detail so created a Vehicle Detailer role.

They offer various training to do with both your work and life skills always try to promote from within the company.
Pros
Quarterly Nights Out, Pension Scheme, Flexible, Good Work Hours, Bonus, Promote within
Cons
weather conditions
Really good place to work
Yard Hand (Current Employee) –  Castleford, West Yorkshire21 November 2017
As a new employee I was made to feel very welcome and comfortable by all members of staff who were helpful and keen to answer any queries I had.

The managers in all departments are all approachable and supportive.

Being a part of Motorpoint offers various work incentives such as monetary rewards for completing training courses.
Pros
Monthly bonus, nights out
Cons
Having to temporarily work weekends
Yard Hand (Current Employee) –  Castleford, West Yorkshire18 November 2017
Not been working at Motorpoint for long but so far it is a great company to work for, managers are approachable and supportive in every department. Motorpoint have great training plans that you are encouraged to go on and is also a rewarding company to work for.
Pros
Quarterly nights out, good salary, bonus scheme, pension scheme
Cons
Really good oppurtunities :)
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow16 November 2017
Motorpoint is a friendly and easy going place to work even though it can be quite fast paced at times.

All staff are very easy to get along with, You can get a good laugh at times which always helps the day to go that little bit faster.

They offer a really good Personal Development programme for all staff members and accommodate them in getting there and making the most of the experience.

Overall I would say I find myself happy and content within my role.
Pros
Cafe. Good Training. Good Staff
Cons
You always want a new car :)
Motorpoint Castleford
Damage Controller (Current Employee) –  Castleford, West Yorkshire9 November 2017
Great company to be apart off, management team friendly and encouraging.
A rewarding company along as you put the effort in.
Lots of training available and a positive team spirit across the sites.
Pros
Quarterly Nights Out, Pension Scheme, Bonus Targets, Flexible, Good Work Hours
First class work enviroment.
Stock Manager (Current Employee) –  Birtley8 November 2017
I moved from a retail background last year into a completely new work environment from the very first day i started I knew this was the right decision. Great company with alot of time and care given to all colleagues, great benefits and there is a real focus on creating a happy work force. I honestly can't think of a single negative.
Pros
To many to list.
Cons
There arent any.
Fun Place to Work
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow2 November 2017
Happy fun place to work been here almost 5 years now

Great opportunities supported with coaching and training

Everyone works together as one big team

Honest communication creating an environment I am proud to be part of

The management team are always willing to help and not afraid to join you to get the job done
Pros
Quarterly Nights Out, Team Incentives
Cons
Not a Team Player then probably not the place for you
A 21st century car retail experience in a usually antiquated and cliched industry
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow2 November 2017
They have core values that resonate with a care for genuine customer service and the people that the company involves; customer and staff alike.
Working with integrity and respect for the customer appears to be a limited quantity in the motor trade but Motorpoint is leading the way in resetting customer expectations to what they should be and it is a pleasure to be a part of this team.
Pros
Hours good for industry, pay can be great as long as you put the effort and lessons learned into practice
Cons
Limited weekends off per year but par for the course in motor trade
Motorpoint Castleford
Stock Manager (Current Employee) –  Castleford, West Yorkshire23 October 2017
A really great place to work.
Management team are really engaged and enthusiastic they try to ensure all their staff enjoy coming to work.
They reward hard work and the people i work with are like family.
Sometimes there is a lot of work to do but the team pulls together.

I'd recommend anyone to work for the company
Pros
Good Salary, Great Core Values, Excellent company vision
Great company
Business Support Administrator (Current Employee) –  Oldbury, West Midlands13 October 2017
Great place to work, they look after the staff, where i work we have great laughs with everyone on site even people just visiting for the day are made to feel welcome. The company offer a lot to there staff for there hard work, no job is easy but when you have a company that treats there staff and is there to help and advise that's all you need to enjoy your working life.

They offer training course not just for your role but for you as a person to build your confidence and your profile
Pros
quarterly nights out as a site and team, team building days
Cons
An experience you wont forget.!
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Peterborough29 August 2017
Good experience for new people to the motor trade. The only good thing i can say.
You will only get on if your face fits, and certain managers will even assist you by swapping more profitable deals into your name and taking out less profitable deals. And if your face no longer fits, adjust deals to not be in your favour, and falsify appraisals and manipulate paperwork.
Human resources is a sham and cover up Management bullying and wrongdoing.
The turnover of staff is unbelievable.!
Everything is recorded, especially the managers offices.
They change the pay structure every 4 months.
Pros
You will meet lots of people
Cons
Be a salesman not a Robot.
Poor interview
Online Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire23 July 2017
Bad management and very judgemental workplace. Poor basic pay level.
If your face does not fit you won't fit in.
No matter how hard you work, it is all wasted, HR team are nice enough but the sales managers are a different story.
Pros
Good location
Cons
long hours, poor pay, poor employee infrastructure.
Customer service assistant castleford
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Castleford, West Yorkshire11 June 2017
This is by far the worst company I have ever worked for. Through my daily work life I continusley experience bullying managerial behaviour and arrogance within the business. The general manager lacks appropriate discipline , understanding and appropriate behaviour to fulfill his job role properly.

The human resources dept are a sham, covering up wrongdoing and cherrypicking employees for appraisal over others.

The canteen staff are wonderful and sociable with customer's.
Pros
Valuble customer service experience
Cons
Bullying management and high staff retention
Excellent company to work for
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire3 May 2017
The company is a great company to work for providing excellent customer services and excellent products and environment to work in. Always happy customers and staff
Pros
Good working environment
Ok
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire19 April 2017
Wasn't the best place to work..new general manager came in and completely uprooted people to make unessacary changes.
Was a great place to be until then
below average
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Birmingham30 November 2016
manager love acting for the cusotmers. struggle to get people to recognise your hard work. favouritism in the work place. impossible to get opportunities to progress
Fantastic Place to work
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Glasgow15 September 2016
A typical day at work would involves greeting customers and finding out their needs in regards to finding them a car that ticks all the boxes.
Great team spirit and brilliant customer service team.
All the guys and girls are great to work with.

Management are fair and always there to listen.
Pros
Good progression, Night outs
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Motorpoint. Our community is ready to answer.

Motorpoint Reviews by Location