Mothercare Employee Reviews

Productive, good fun
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Torquay, Devon21 November 2017
Typical day depends on which department you’re placed on, so could be fashion, toys, nursery or car seats and pushchairs. There is a lot to learn but this also gives the customer a great experience as it’s very personal towards them and each customer is different with needs. Training is good and in depth and there is always something new to learn or gain more knowledge about. The culture is great, good team to be with and enjoyable.
Pros
Flexible hours, 20% discount (full price), great environment
Cons
No progression
Nice wor environment but terrible management
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Gloucestershire20 November 2017
A typical day at work would be serving customers at the till and tidying clothes on the shop floor and putting them into size order.
I learned how to use the tills, run the toy department and manage the click and collect system.
I enjoyed working in Mothercare, everyone was very nice and welcoming.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hayes, Greater London17 November 2017
Working with Mothercare was truly an amazing experience, everyone was very supportive and welcoming which made It really easy for me to feel right at place and get to along with everyone.
Pros
free lunches
Productive workplace
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire12 November 2017
I enjoyed working there! There were a few things that caused a few troubles but apart from that it's not a bad place to work at! Meet lovely customers.
Pros
Not too far away
Cons
They don't tell you everything
Enjoyable place to work.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Newport10 November 2017
Typical day of work would be serving customers on tills,tidying store and filling stock.

Good approachable management team who offered great support.
Fun place to work
Lots of jobs to do so always kept busy.
Friendly working environment with great colleagues.

Hardest part of job was learning about specific products such as pushchairs and remembering each one.
Most enjoyable part of job was working at seasonal times where store would put on activities for the public to get involved with and creating displays.
Pros
Friendly and fun workteam
Cons
Shop floor gets very busy.
Fun place
Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London29 October 2017
Friendly environment, enthusiastic and also productive. Aided foreign clients, speaking to them in Spanish, Portuguese and French.
Hardest part of working could of been waking up but its fine when you get into the routine, also really flexible with work hours!
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Bad pay
Mothercare
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford21 October 2017
A typical day is dealing with customer issues and putting stock out from delivery 3 or 4 times a week. The hardest part is not always being able to finish jobs that I have started and feeling like I'm always there.
Want want want
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  South East17 October 2017
Worked for them for many years through some bad times but today is by far the worst time to work for them

Not allowed to recruit xmas temps!!!

How are we expected to launch xmas and serve the customer to deliver expectations when you are one of 2 members of staff on sales floor and where is manager when you need them?
In the office checking emails
Too below them to roll up sleeves and help out
No you have to deal with customers shouting at you for no staff around to help
But don't forget you have to take their email and send them 2 emails per day of nonsense because if you don't you get performance managed and named and shamed

No future for mothercare unless they start putting customer first before profit
Pros
Lovely customers. Sometimes!
Cons
Long hours. Low pay for required job roles
Great Company
Lead Talent Resourcing Partner (Current Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire16 October 2017
A really lovely team, great working environment. Great location and wonderful facilities. Really lovely place to work.

Not so stable in terms of secruity
Pros
Location Buildling
Cons
lack of direction
Good Working environment but pay is not competitive
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire27 September 2017
All workers are friendly however the pay is very low and the work load is high so not an ideal part-time job.

Also it is satisfactory to serve customers and give them key advice when it comes to their first child.

Management is very caring and trail you more than sufficiently.
Pros
Friendly working enviroment
Cons
Not enough hourly wage
some of my peers was good to work with.
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colliers Wood, Greater London23 September 2017
working at mothercare was a fun palace to work I love speaking and helping others make decision on stuff they needed for their new arrival, children made my day with their smiles of happiness has we had free boxes of chocolate biscuit to give way for their parents purchase. the only down fall was the management didn't understand me being a single working parent.
Pros
the laughter from the team i had.
No benefits // No acknowledgment
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London12 September 2017
typical day at work means your left on shop floor with maybe anoter 3 members of staff on your department on busy days
rotas are always messed up
management only care about themselves not the staff
the hardest part of this jobis that you know more about the products than your managers since they always change every couple months
Pros
no pros
Cons
long hours not good pay for what you do
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gloucester, Gloucestershire9 September 2017
They will keep you busy to make sure everything gets complete by closing time, e.g. Every department is full, the till and shop floor is clear and customers are given the best experience in the store as possible.
great place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ealing Broadway Station4 September 2017
who doesn't like looking at babys and helping new mums the team of staff made up was fantastic its a great company to work for but the management staff at present time I worked at this branch wasn't great and sadly the branch is no longer there
Pros
discounts
Not the best place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Leeds3 September 2017
I worked at mothercare Leeds for just over a year and it was a real struggle to balance work and family life. Despite being given and agreeing to work days and hours on induction once I was employed these were never stuck to and I found myself being given different days and hours every week and Rotas weren't placed in until a week before which made planning things outside of work difficult.
Pros
Friendly staff
Rubbish
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Romford, Greater London2 September 2017
A normal day would be replenishing shelves, tidying stock room, unloading deliveries, setting up the sale windows, serving customers, placing orders online for customers if no goods available in the store, answer the telephone to help customers with any queries.

Rubbish job and rubbish wage. Would asked you to work long hours on the spot after telling them your flexibility and shifts that you can work. Never received any acknowledgement for the hard work you do. Would work you beyond your means and job description.
Pros
Cons
Everything about the job
amazing
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  York2 September 2017
great to of been working in part of the team. it was fun and brilliant been able to meet the people that worked there. they are a caring team. they are fun to work with.
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Altrincham, Greater Manchester30 August 2017
Fun environment to work in with colleges. Had a nice atmosphere within the store unfortunately I was working here while gaining qualifications for my career so was only here a short amount of time for that reason.
Pros
Provided plenty of hours
Mothercare Grantham
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Grantham10 August 2017
Initially worked as a customer assistant, then became assistant manager. This was a part-time role to fit in with my home requirements at the time, and the company was very flexible and supportive of any needs.
I learned about product placement, stock control, budgeting and staff management, as well as cashing up and banking procedures.
All in all, I was sad to leave, but personal circumstances forced a change.
Skills put to use
Retail Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hounslow East, Greater London3 August 2017
Working in Mothercare enabled me to put my verbal and written communication to use as I worked closely with customers. I was also able to work behind the till, and scan items purchased. This gave me the ability to interact with both, staff and customers. I was also given daily tasks to restock on items that were regularly purchased.

The hardest part of the job was ensuring that customers were 100% satisfied with the advise and knowledge I was giving them with certain products. However, the most enjoyable part of the job was scanning and restocking items because it granted me access to the stockroom.
Cons
some staff were not as interactive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mothercare. Our community is ready to answer.