Mothercare Employee Reviews

Hostile and unproductive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colliers Wood, Greater London22 February 2018
Whilst the company and its workers them selves are great, the work environment is poor I felt whilst working there that all people wanted to talk about was other co workers. There was too much talking not enough working
productive fun place to work at
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blackburn20 February 2018
it is a good enviroment to work at. Freindly collegues. learnt alot by working here built up on my confidence and communication skills.
working on tills is the best part. this was my first job and absolutely loved it left and went back but unfortunatley had to leave as i have children now
great place to work
CSA (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands19 February 2018
mothercare is a great company to work for the management are really good and flexible with your hours and needs. it is a very diverse and mixed work place which makes it even better. The most enjoyable and rewarding part of my job is giving customers all the knowledge i have learned through out the years and giving them great advice knowing this is one of the biggest decision they will make while going through their journey of parent hood.
Pros
great colleagues
Cons
working weekends
Good place to work at
Sales (Current Employee) –  Wiltshire14 February 2018
Learned a lot whist working there
Good work environment
Benefits could be better
Good training although they should train new staff a bit quicker
Friendly staff very welcoming
Cons
Low Salary
A fun place to work
Customer Service Manager/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Harlow13 February 2018
Very much a selling culture and loved the challenge of this + encouraging my team. Loved demonstrating the products and was always very enthusiastic.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Yearly Audit!
not bad
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Romford10 February 2018
Fairly decent place to work, I worked in 2 different locations so I feel as long as the management is okay it can be a really nice and friendly atmosphere, the pay wasn't great but it was overall quite a nice place to be
Pros
staff discount, rewarding atmosphere
Cons
short shifts
Good Luck!
Sales Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside6 February 2018
A typical day can change in a moment you are always on the go and have to be aware of everything you.
I learnt to make quick decisions and also trust in your instincts make sure you can evidence any decisions you make.
The management there's good and bad so you have make the most of peoples strengths and try to utilise them in the best possible way.
The hardest part was trying to get through the workload and communication from some managers was poor and sometimes it was really difficult to understand what they actually wanted.
Team of staff were amazing and would do anything to help you
one minute you can be sitting eating your lunch and in the next you can be doing a store visit with the CEO which keeps you on your toes and its good that these people are around so they can see the issues in stores first hand.
Pros
lucky to work with an amazing team
Cons
lack of job security
Not great
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Bristol5 February 2018
Overall, I have not enjoyed working for Mothercare.
The company do not offer enough training but expect you to know everything, there never seem to be enough staff.
Holiday is a real issue and almost a negotiation.
Management is poor
Pros
an hour lunch on an 8 hour shift
Cons
un-optional overtime, poor management, constantly understaffed
Friendly
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands1 February 2018
Friendly place to work and I was trained in different areas appropriately including car seat training.
Only worked part time alongside college so was handy.
Not a good place
Customer Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow City Centre, Glasgow31 January 2018
Management at St Enoch, Glasgow is shocking, would never finish on time, was punished if called in sick, constantly undermined and was always patronising. Staff morale was always at a minimum, no incentives or team building skills to boost this. Management always brought you down, was expected to do much more than was expected of job, treated horribly in the 2 years I worked there. I was never approved holidays. If you were put in a day that you were not available (even if management were told previous), you would have to find someone to cover shift, if no one was able to cover, there was no solution and the management seen it as tough luck.
Awful company
Senior Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pontefract, West Yorkshire30 January 2018
Terrible to work for as you get promised training and perks but non existent! Told 12 weeks training but manager came in for just one 3 hour shift for first three weeks then vanished! Whenever I e mailed her asking advice about situations I had never come across before or about wanting to change my shift or anything for that matter she wouldn't even reply so was left to guess what to do every shift as was the only person working for Miniclub in that store. Still no uniform or name badge after 3 months then my computer broke nobody could be bothered to fix it so couldn't access e mails or anything in the end and was expected to use my own personal mobile. They gave us a Xmas gift voucher of £10 which wasn't validated so couldn't actually use it. Honestly like a retail version of Fawlty Towers. The most unsupportive manager I have ever had in fact and you get the pleasure of all the above for £7.50 per hour enjoy lol.
wonderful
Customer service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Haringey29 January 2018
great work place, but in need of a more full time position contract, great for college students , management is great and strive to grown conversion in the marketing aspect
Was great at first
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, Greater London28 January 2018
Worked at the new Greenwich store and was a bunch of s*** never had anything to do, no stock to put out and management was the worst. No communication, expected you to know everything and the training was horrible, managers didn’t even train properly and got staff to do their job and when they wanted to make themselves look good they couldn’t even do that.
Wouldn’t advice anyone to work there
Pros
Pays
Cons
No communication
good place too work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worthing, West Sussex26 January 2018
My typical day at mother care would be serving behind the till, keeping the store clean and tidy. I would go around tidying shelf's and making sure clothing sizes are all in order on the rails. I learned a lot about dealing with customers and how to do so in the correct way. I had leave mothercare due to falling pregnant and not having the correct childcare but overall a really nice place to work , met a lot of lovely people and customers still recognise me and talk to me now even after 2-3 years of not being there.
Pros
20% discount
Cons
could get boring when shop not busy
Horrible place to work
Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge24 January 2018
Management bullied me; shouted at me in front of customers and staff. They gave me overtime without asking me and then shouted at me when I told them I couldn't work the extra hours assigned to me. Horrible oppressive place to work that severely impacted my life, including my studies, even though this was only a part time position, 12 hours a week. Some weeks I was working up to 24 hours a week. There was not enough staff on for the work load necessary, therefore the staff that was on was pushed to the absolute limit and the store I worked at was busy.
Manager
Manager (Former Employee) –  England23 January 2018
Very demanding to work for always shifting the go posts. Pressurised work environment with exceptionally tight payroll to deliver excellent customer service.
Cons
No work life balance
lovely place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Aylesbury21 January 2018
I have been fully trained on all departments and this was done quickly once I got the job. my duties included service customers being on the till and helping with delivery and stock
Pros
experiencing the excitement of new parents
Cons
as I am under 18 I got paid a lot less than other even though I did the same or more work
Good working atmosphere
Car seat advisor / Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Greater London15 January 2018
Very fun working environment. It is hard to learn about the legal requirements about kids car seats however if you dedicate yourself to learn you will begin to enjoy what you do. It is nice to be able to learn while keeping customers children's safe.
Designer
Designer (Former Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire15 January 2018
The people make the place to work great, most people life work balance is not good but you are all in it together.

They aren't flexible at all around children or flexible working but pretend to be.
Fun
Sales Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Romford12 January 2018
Worked for mothercare twice it is an amazing company to work for and has teached me so much while i was working their.

very customer focused company!

Excellent company to work for!!
Pros
staff Disscount
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mothercare. Our community is ready to answer.