Morgan Sindall plc Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Very poor staff to operative relations.
Skilled Worker (Former Employee) –  wales16 November 2017
A very clicky atmosphere where staff would constantly degrade the working operatives and expect unrealistic goals without guidance from seniors.
Site foreman and engineers constantly throwing tantrums when problems arise and just expect the operatives to make things work out while they hide in their offices or drive around in their fancy big cars on ridiculous salaries.
Hard working individuals constantly overlooked for promotions for the friends and family of staff members.
A lot of wasted years of my life.
Pros
Regular work.
Cons
Nothing really.
great
Senior Project Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester19 October 2017
total control of all aspects of construction management and daily day to day running of the project, whilst maintaining the clients requests on change and value engineering.
Purchase Ledger Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rugby, Warwickshire2 October 2017
A large quantity of invoices were received on a daily basis via post and the internet.

It was a very busy environment, dealing with queries and coding invoices.

The hardest part of the job was getting invoices that had been sitting for a long time paid.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Long hours, not enough staff
productive and fun place to work
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Rhondda Cynon Taff11 September 2017
i work 4 days a week as i am still currently with people plus in porth plazza but they are currently laying people off and not looking for any workers
Was a great place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ridham dock29 August 2017
Under new management at ridham docks badly run now treated like dirt and was docked money for something that wasn't my fault and when I tried sticking up for myself about it manager didn't want to know and forced me out as soon as he got the chance, will be getting the union involved.
Pros
8 hour shift
Cons
Set holiday times
Would still be there if not made redundant
Payroll Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sawston28 August 2017
Payroll working out travelling fees for drivers holiday pay through building and civil stamps doing pay reviews working out trainees increments paying staff on a weekly basis it wascarol nice place to work and was amalgamated to Morgan sindall and that is when redundancies took place.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Happy to go to work each day.
Resourcong Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Rugby, Warwickshire19 May 2017
Since starting with Morgan Sindall, I have always been made to feel part of the team. As a decentralised business and working in a central support function I thought it may be challenging. However it is totally the opposite, everyone goes above and beyond to assist each other. I can honestly say I enjoy going to work everyday.
If you want to feel like your part of a team and not just another number then this company is very much a company to consider.
Pros
Excellent salary and benefits
Very enjoyable expierance working for a national company
Skilled Labourer (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff28 February 2017
Enjoyed working with everyone at the company
Great experience with opportunities to improve skill levels with training provided if necessary to help carry out Day to day work schedules
Pros
Local
Cons
No over time available
Serious workplace but had room for fun
CAD Technician (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire27 February 2017
I was only at Morgan Sindall for a week due to a work experience course but I had the best week there. I completed all the work set for me before the week ended. Leaving to help the employees with theirs.
Pros
Social workers
Always busy
HGV 2 Driver (Former Employee) –  Alfreton, Derbyshire27 January 2017
Always busy, made redundant when moved over, worked all over the place, busy jobs tight schedule, got weekend work always available. Strict health & Safety policy
Fast pace, Good Work ethnic
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fareham, Hampshire20 January 2017
Would work hear again. good management safe working zones over all have a great time working hear lots of opertunites for work Fair pay and understanding people
fun lads to work with
Gateman (Former Employee) –  Barrow-In-Furness, Cumbria10 January 2017
shame about management and how they disrespect there work force is totally disgrace I wouldn't recommend going to work ay cyc shed it is a mess and the bosses are self centred
Fair work place
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield, West Yorkshire2 January 2017
Work hours are fair, the pay well too, also you have the opportunity to do other courses building your knowledge of the trade. Good work place, good work hours too, over time too
Project Management
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  London21 September 2016
• International Project, Design & Risk Management experience
• Ability to delivery large multi-disciplinary projects successfully
• Project Management under NEC Contracts
• Excellent Leadership skills
• Organisational adaptability
Too much red tape
Property Services Manager / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Banbury, ENG15 December 2015
Good bunch of people restricted from growing due to Head office red tape.

Some difficult operatives but majority good and experienced.
Pros
Large company
Cons
Too many procedures
Very clique-y and incestuous
Site engineer (Former Employee) –  West Lothian23 January 2015
Decent enough company held back by the site management playing favourites with the site staff, preferring not to help new staff, rather just trying to trip new staff up by keeping information to themselves. Site management not prepared to listen to problems about variations between actual site and theoretical drawing conditions.
Not prepared to use the experience of contract staff, preferring to muddle along expanding their own mistakes and costing time and money out of sheer petulance. A site manager throwing hissy fits every day because he does not understand how the job needs done just proves the lack of true skill in lower management
Pros
Some autonomy to ignore management stupidity
Cons
being ordered to do the job in immpossible ways and suffering the tantrums of the site manager daily
good company
Handyman/skilled labourer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ENG20 February 2014
was fun company good management good work force hardest part was hitting target times for jobs seam to run over every job
Pros
experiance
Cons
nothing
A Good place to work with good commercial discipline
MEICA Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Lee Tunnel, Beckton Process Upgrade3 January 2014
Morgan Sindall has a good work life balance for employees and have excellent commercial controls in place.
Great company to learn from in the Construction Industry
Assistant Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Norwich, United Kingdom1 July 2012
A typical day at work as an Assistant Site Manager would be:
Overseeing the day-to-day running of a construction project, this includes:
Management of: Health and Safety, materials, plant, labour, sub-contractors, sections of work packages, sequence of works, quality.
Project: Short term programming/planning, update site plans, review of method statements and risk assessments, lift plans, temporary works, cost reviews with Quantity Surveyor, setting out and engineering checks, administration and records, inductions and client liaising.

What I learned:
I learnt about different types of common construction in the UK, brick/block, steel frame with brick cladding, steel frames with metal cladding, met sec frames with render board and cladding, stepoc retaining walls, in-situ concrete works, earth shifting and drainage and the general communication and sequencing of construction projects.

Co-workers:
I was very fortunate to have very competent and likeable co-workers during my time at Morgan Sindall, many of them have now moved on from the company but we still all keep in contact outside of work.

Hardest part of the job:
Dealing with new sub-contractors who are not typically from our supply chain and do not comply or work to the same levels we would expect from our usual supply chain.

Most enjoyable part of the job:
Getting the project to the last few weeks before completion where the pressure is on to get the project handed over on time and defect free. A lot of the labour and workers are usually stressed but it is key to step back and calmly push the job on using a positive
  more... attitude to keep the morale high. When the project is finished and the client/customer is delighted it's a great feeling in which I like to congratulate the team on the project and be proud of what we have acheived.  less
Pros
very good co-workers, friendly atmosphere within the company.
Cons
overtime and project results not always rewarded or recognised