MITIE Employee Reviews

Poor poor poor.
Retail Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Essex.22 September 2017
Has to be the he worst security company I've worked for. Since they took over our contact our wages have never been correct. Gave us a pay rise in June and a pay cut in July. Even our rom has left. Expects us to work till 0000 and back on shift at 0600. Mitie should stick with cleaning and leave security to company's that know security. Can only order 1 uniform per year so we end up buying our own.
Pros
Wages are ok if they correct.
Cons
Wages always wrong. Higher management don't care.
Security for Southampton General Hospital
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire20 September 2017
The site is a friendly place to work on. However Mitie are arrogant when it comes to issues on site. Security Officers get injured and mitie does not care. The turn around on staff for this site is high as Officers either get suspended for defending themselves or they leave to a better work place.
Upper management are only interested in making profit. They dont care about safety and having the correct PPE. There answer to everything is it is what it is so just deal with it or leave. They say theres too much negativity on site but they wont sort out the problems so the turn around of staff continues to grow. They are supposed to be a Security company with endless supply of guards but when Officers dont show up they cant find cover which leaves the hospital and their officers vunerable. This issue has been going on for years, clearly the hospital management dont care as they get cash back for shifts that arent covered so they save money.
I have learnt that Mitie are a bunch of fraudsters and hopefully for the interests of its employees they go under soon.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
No support from management, lack of ppe, lack of training
good to work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Leicestershire20 September 2017
it is ok to work but wen no work it is no good you only gat jobs wen call you for work and workplace wer you work it ok a hardest part of the jobs at wen you patrol sithes I like to work but my nees up
Poor management
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside18 September 2017
worked as a retail cleaner, wouldn't work there again. Manager is a joke never answers her phone.Pays people hours they haven't worked. Steals cleaning stuff. she was sacked for fraud then allowed to continue working. she lies all the time. cannot manage people.
Fun workplace
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London15 September 2017
Nice place to work, people made me feel good and welcomed. I liked all my colleagues and the environment was always nice , very friendly people.
It was my first job in London and I loved it.
Pros
Free lunches
Working Without any Support
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London12 September 2017
Day In day out job, not very interesting, work place is just not really good, one thing I learn From this job, is you friendly with people your day with easy go by.
Pros
Full time
Cons
Too Long hours
Zero
Relief security guard (Former Employee) –  Wilts12 September 2017
Wish I had never heard of them, hours not regular never knew wether you were coming or going. Gave a weeks notice to Phillipa Williamson and she lied and deducted £309.69 from my last weeks salary even though iworked my notice period. For working 37 hrs and cost of travel to work I got £1.20, throughly discusting how they treat staff.

They are now refusing to pay my full wages with some story that Phillipa has come out with about not giving enough notice.
Pros
Cons
Long hours min pay
Fast pace work place, understanding management, very fair work place
Painter and Decorator (Former Employee) –  Aztec West, Gloucestershire8 September 2017
Always dealing with costumers, always active working with new people and working in a team and also always trying new stuff. Great company to work for with many benifits.
Pros
Paid for breaks
Cons
Working long hours
Good
Domestic Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire7 September 2017
I worked with people fromg other countries and enjoyed it. Provides training for staffs. Well-organised staffs and supervisors with high standards at work
cleaner in bank for 9 years
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee) –  northamptonshire6 September 2017
my first few years supervisors were good stock would arrive when ordered, last few years supervisors changed, its been terrible ordering stock that never arrives, they dont reply to me when i ask for stock. at the moment no toilet paper,soap,hand towels clear bags i have kept on none stop for these items, supervisor doesnt care she makes excuses, the bank now buying own stuff. for a few years i have never had any one to cover for me while i have a holiday no cover so the bank is just left they clean it them selves.its a shame that just a bad staff can bring it down as they have now.
Pros
its a job
Cons
the supervisors lack interest
good
Retail National Account Manager Soft Services (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London29 August 2017
Spent a few years with MITIE and they have a very clear goal.. i did spend a few years with them and had a good account Director i reported to , it has been a good company to work for and the training and development was also interesting
good
Good
Cleaning Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London26 August 2017
I learn the english language and Customer Service , i learn working with people , hard job on airport , Cleaning , being with people . Good money , Good experience
Pros
Money
Cons
Noisy
Lovely staff
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Falkirk23 August 2017
Friendly staff and a fabulous company to work with, good management team and always offer to help whenever they can get rates for over time and always willing to help
Good place for work experience
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands23 August 2017
Ok place to work if thick skinned. I couldn't see myself progressing at mitie. Ok for someone who is looking for experience. Team staff are amazing to work with!
Pros
Lovely bunch of people!!
Cons
Bad managed
fun work place
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  St Helens22 August 2017
had the best working time at this company, well liked by the managers and always met the standards they set.
never had an issue with how things were ran.
No day is the same
Cleaner Operative (Current Employee) –  Stansted Airport18 August 2017
Exciting place of work and with a blue pass I also get to go airside. There is always things to do and there are always exciting new challenges on each shift. The knowing that I have also accomplished my work and made the airport a cleaner place does make me proud.
Dont do it!!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire13 August 2017
The worst company i have ever worked for. No uniform one shirt which was my own. Same shift all the time and very short notice to go anywhere else. Expected to finish at 2300 hrs more than an hour from home and be somewhere else at 9.00 am the next day. No support, no training, not paid promised rate of pay
Hours reduced giving only 9 shifts in a month. Lesson learnt!
Pros
None.
Cons
Terrible shifts. No manager. No unifom. Liars.
Fun Workplace
Gardener (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands11 August 2017
It's was a good and hardworking experience, we had to do gardening an bricklaying throughout the 2 weeks of my work experience, we was working in the sun and we had plenty of breaks to keep us cool
Pros
Plenty of breaks
Cons
Very hard working job
Ok to work for
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow10 August 2017
Love my wee job with mitie. Wont be working there much longer though as the shop that i work for that hired Mitie is pulling there contract therefore leaving me jobless or taking a big pay and hour cut.
Not a very well organised company
Industrial Speacialist (Former Employee) –  London4 August 2017
I enjoyed working with the people in my crew and other teams, but when it came to management it was different story. As they was never organised very well and would send you to jobs and complain when you could not complete the job correct. When they knew what the job was and what equipment was required, but we would always never have the correct equipment to complete the jobs. On many of times I have also spent 4 to 5 hours on the motorways getting to a job to only get there for the job to be cancelled, but not to be told till we called head office our self's.
Pros
Traveling to different places
Cons
getting home at 4 or 5am in the morning to only be up by 11am to have to get on the road again.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MITIE. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9