MITIE Employee Reviews

Terrible
Personal Claims Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orpington, Greater London23 February 2018
Worked as a claims advisor. You are a number not a human being, looking at the screen for over 5hrs with no break (illegal). No wonder they are losing big clients, what goes around comes around ! Also if you have a question don't bother asking your team leader, they are probably too busy gossiping.
Pros
Nice colleagues (excluding TLs)
Cons
Working for mitie
Worst company that i have worked for
Pest Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester19 February 2018
Full of empty promises, unprofessional company, out to make as much money out of the customer by selling them unnecessary products.
No communication from management, poor system in place.
No help provided.
Target driven, workmanship is poor.
Training is very poor
Cons
Worst compay to work for
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Wirral, Merseyside16 February 2018
Mitie are the worst compant to work i had only been working for these a few weeks and they decide to change my contract an transfer me to another one of their buissness they work for which i now have less hours and less wage. Management are useless and never communicate with you.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Long hours and not enough days off
Quite and Fun work place
Domestic cleaner (Former Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire14 February 2018
A typical day at work started at 6AM . I worked alone and to a strict deadline. I worked through my personal list in order to get the domestic duties done and the business cleaned to an immaculate state.
Pros
finished within a few hours
Cons
worked in silence
Ok
Part Time Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, North Lanarkshire12 February 2018
Issues with communication with management calls not returned orders for materials not delivered on time for first 9 months I had no idea who my area manager was as original person who hired me went on maternity leave and not informed who was covering
Horrible
Domestic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntingdon12 February 2018
I do not recommend working at the Hinchingbrooke Hospital for the Mitie cleaning service. The staff is absolutely horrible and racist.
The supervisors are teaming up against people and are only nice to their favourite workers.
Pros
good money
Cons
manager and supervisors
hard working place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Stratford, Greater London11 February 2018
guarguarding Sainsburys supermarket at Stratford old shopping center, its not the easy job, look after colleagues, goods and shoplifters in a busy store..
Work
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Hull City Centre, East Riding of Yorkshire7 February 2018
Working independently to get jobs set out accomplished, this particular job role consisted of office cleaning. Part-time work. Meeting all targets set as a team.
Not nice place to work
Finance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Rutherglen, Glasgow6 February 2018
Was told I was being made redundant before I even got the chance to start. Shocking company should not have gone through recruitment process. Left another job of 7 years and told that !! Worked here for a few weeks then told I was no longer needed. Not nice people in the job either not very welcoming
same every day
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Barnsley, South Yorkshire5 February 2018
although they are a good company to work for the biggest issue I came across was the lack variation in the job as every day is the same and can be very repetitive
Pros
great company
Cons
repetative
Always productivity to be made
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Cumbria5 February 2018
Pest control sector good to work for. Management very helpful any advise needed there to speak to and vans always fully stocked with products needed for all jobs.
Pros
Run own round.
Cons
Area size to cover.
A joke
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, Wiltshire3 February 2018
If i could prevent anyone going through what i had to endure then im glad. Late pay, under pay, useless HR hardly saw a manager. Avoid you will be glad you to.
Pros
Cons
Non management, useless with pay.
security officer
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London3 February 2018
I m working as a security officer now
Money are not good
I m class 2 driver and need to change
I m very hardworking and flexible person
Management is ok
worlplace ok
I learned new job and completely new situations
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Long standing
Three words of advice, avoid avoid avoid!
Operative. (Former Employee) –  North England2 February 2018
Ex armed forces ( failed rankings ) manager. Culture of bullying and humiliation common place with the unfavoured staff. Line manager suffering post tramatic stress disorder....Suicidal moments!! Wages docked upon leaving ( read the small print!) No regret leaving the loony asylum one bit. If you have any self respect or want any kind of family life Don't even contemplate working for them.
Pros
Cons
Escaping
Productive and fun workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Coalville, Leicestershire30 January 2018
, in the Amazon BHX2 Facility where i did housekeeping tasks where my cleaning and classifying skills are greatly improved. I worked 12 hours in a shift.
Pros
nice team
Cons
12 hours
It was a good communication with a leader team and supervisors.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead30 January 2018
It was an Amazon warehouse with many people, and more than 1500 employee. Every day you can meet a new person, who can give me a new job. It was really enjoyable.
Fun place to work
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Mansfield29 January 2018
Not the best company to be employed with but overall is okey. Team leader sometimes doesn’t know what to do and how management job. Hours and break times are decent.
Pros
Flexible
Reason they are the 3rd worst company to work for
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chester28 January 2018
Management do not have a clue what they are doing only time you ever see them is if something goes wrong and thats to accuse there own staff instead of getting a fair review. Always on the customer's side. Just a number that makes them money
Terrible experience as an employee
HR Advisor (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol28 January 2018
Horrible Company culture, bad management. Non professional environment. Lack of employee engagement, no emotional intelligence, lack of career progression.
Easy job
Cleaner operative (Former Employee) –  London27 January 2018
· To carrying out general cleaning duties e.g. Cleaning all public accessible areas,cleaning all meeting rooms, work surfaces, kitchens and bathrooms plus any other ad hoc duties. Emptying bins, vacuuming and mopping and buffering floors etc.
Cons
low salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MITIE. Our community is ready to answer.