Mitie Landscapes Employee Reviews

Worst company in the UK
Operator (Current Employee) –  Newbury11 September 2017
Terrible management and even worse resource management. The workers are the only good thing about the company-- all who have nothing good to say about the company.
Pros
The workers
Cons
Nothing works, especially the tools.
Good place to work. Friendly and great prospects
Ground maintenace operative (Current Employee) –  Dartford, Kent10 August 2017
Very happy challenging but very benificial. Send you on plenty of courses to better yourself overall very happy. Would defiantly recommend working for mitie
Very bad company
Grounds Maintenance Operative (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton26 June 2017
This has to be the worst company I have ever worked for . The management are terrible right from head office throughout to area managers. Very hard to get paid right want you to do lots of hours an not get paid for them. The people who work on the tools are brilliant some of the nicest people you will meet. I would not recommend this company to anyone.
6 July 2017

We are sorry that you have had a bad experience whilst working for us. We take our employees welfare and satisfaction very seriously.

Please can you contact us confidentially on landscapesempfeed@mitie.com and let us know in more detail about your problems so we can investigate in full.

Mitie Landscapes

In the summer could be very stressful, finish jobs on time
Grounds Maintenance Operative (Current Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea11 June 2017
If you like working out doors then this is the job for you working for mitie landscapes is very enjoyable but can be stressful in the summer to finish off jobs for the day
Pros
Nice company to work for
Cons
Hours to long
6 July 2017

It is good to hear you are enjoying working for us.

We take our employees satisfaction and welfare seriously and would be interesting to hear your thoughts regarding the role being stressful and also the long hours.

Please can you come back to us with some details so we can look into this. You can send it through confidentially to landscapesempfeed@mitie.com for us to investigate.

Going down hill fast
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire18 May 2017
MITIE Landscapes was a very good company to work for but over the last three years the company has gone down hill fast.The company is trying to run on a shoe string. There is no leader ship the staff are not valued. They do not run to the letter of the law as far as employment law is concerned.

There are two many people in sharp suits doing not a lot making promises to clients that cannot be kept and not enough people on the ground to do what they promise.

The working conditions are not within the law people pushed in like sardines.

Spot on place to work.
technician (Current Employee) –  Devon17 April 2017
I have been working at Mitie Landscapes since Sept 16. Like all large businesses there are certainly pros and cons.

My line manager and work colleagues are very pleasant to work with. You are handed a certain amount of responsibility to adhere to. i find this a great way of getting more out of workers by letting them use there own initiative.

For me personally there are certain tactics/methods that need to be looked at to be a little more eco, efficient and effective.

The hardest parts are not always having the correct tools or being limited to tools.

Overall i love working at Mitie Landscapes and hopefully will be here in many years to come
Pros
freedom to manage your own work.
Cons
tool limitation
6 July 2017

We are glad you have settled in well and are enjoying working with the team.

We would be keen to hear about your experiences with regard to the tool limitation. Please can you provide more detail confidentially to landscapesempfeed@mitie.com for us to look into?

Fantastic company with ambition
Manager (Current Employee) –  Midlands2 February 2017
I joined Mitie Landscapes a few year ago, i'd heard mixed reviews from various people, mainly good and positive feedback, some negative. Having been here a while i feel i can review the company in the correct light, reading some of the other reviews i find it very difficult to see there opinions and i certainly dont share them. I wanted to work for a thriving, challenging and ambitous company , i certainly got that. I have a great mix of work / home life which is a huge draw for me. I can honestly say that i have some frustrations but never the less Mitie Landscapes is the best company ive ever worked for, ive never looked back , hope this helps anyone who is thinking about joining Mitie, if you work hard, have ambitious plans you wont regret the move.
Pros
Friendly faces, Good incentives, progression
Cons
Communication
Great staff
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Camberley, Surrey26 January 2017
I have been employed by Mitie for sometime now and the stand out for me is the training and friendly staff. Everyone has been helpful and it's great place to work.
Great working environment with career progression
Grounds Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Surrey18 January 2017
Working at Mitie can throw up different challenges which once you have found out who can help you deal with a problem it can be easily overcome. The management are fair and listen to your concerns and care about your opinions and suggestions to improve sites. I quickly worked my way up to be promoted to a supervisor. Generally my colleagues are ok and I now oversee 15 operatives covering their holiday and checking their work. There are quite a few sites that I am responsible for but it is very satisfying at the end of the day when I look at what I have achieved and I enjoy the project work.
Pros
Good career progression
20 January 2017

It is good to hear you are happy and everything is working well.

Mitie Landscapes

A growing business and a great team
Manager (Current Employee) –  Surrey18 January 2017
I joined Mitie Landscapes in July 2016 and can sincerely say that I love working here! It is a growing business with plenty of opportunity for people that want to develop their careers. Reward and progression is available for people that want to do a good job. The management are also committed to making Mitie Landscapes an enjoyable place to work.
The newly strengthened senior management team are very visible and make you feel like a valued member of the team, whatever role you do. Mitie Landscapes is a very professional organisation and in my opinion better than its competitors in the sector.
Pros
Progression, reward opportunities, team culture
Not a very organised company.
Grounds Maintenance Operative (Current Employee) –  Various in UK22 September 2016
I would describe this company as very disorganized, not a great company to work for at all. My manager was so unorganized several members of staff have left due to the unsatisfactory working conditions

A lucky dip
Grounds Maintenance Operative (Current Employee) –  North West1 March 2016
On paper the philosophy and ambition of this company is clearly laid out, unfortunately, when it comes to putting it into practice it all comes down to how good your manager is, if you get a decent one the job is what you make of it, if you get a bad one however then the job becomes demoralising and dehumanising and managers are able to zealously abuse monitoring and disciplinary systems to intimidate and antagonise those in their charge without being kept in check. The same applies to having the correct tools, training and ppe for your work, if your manager chooses to ignore your requests it is frustrating difficult to resolve the situation with anybody else and the culture is to pass the buck with the go to response being 'well that's just mitie isn't it'. In my experience the good managers do outweigh the bad, but when things go wrong the systems that mitie have in place to deal with it do not work well enough to remedy a situation. They rely too much on online and automated services, and employees are directed towards the line manager to resolve the issue which is unsatisfactory when the problem is that manager. Employees are given very little credit for the knowledge and experience they have and the rewards are bog standard and over hyped.
Very enjoyable work environment
SAFE/SAP Administrator (Current Employee) –  Luton6 December 2015
A lovely place to work with fantastic individuals working there, you are welcomed from day one and instantly fit in. You always receive friendly support and never feel afraid to ask for anything there. A large company with a large and varying workload which is very demanding due to timescale so an excellent opportunity to learn and keep you on your toes.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Large workload
worst place iv ever worked.
landscape operative (Former Employee) –  York12 November 2015
I started working for Mitie in June 2015 as a landscape operative. Everything I asked for took ages to receive or didn't get it at all. In the 5 months I worked there I was paid wrong every time apart from 2 times. Management treated me very badly. Complained about carpal tunnel and was told to get another job. Also asked about getting a toilet on site as there was no facilities provided. Was told to
hold it in and train my body. Worked 50 hour weeks and worked very hard for this company. Was laid of due to lack off work in October this year even though there was lots of work to do and they took someone else on to replace me cause I had 2 days off in 5 months to take care of my kids when wife was ill. I am left without a job or income 8 weeks before Christmas. If you work hard at Mitie you get treated worse. Many other issues but have outlined to big ones.
Pros
zero
Cons
bad managment, rubbish pay and treated very badly
My Personal Review On Mitie Landscapes
supervisor (Current Employee) –  Heathrow30 October 2015
My personal review on Mitie Landscape. Mitie is one of the best companys ive worked in, very friendly, quick to deal with any matters that arise, the managment are very friendly reliable and respectful.
Ive been at mitie for around 8 months now, i was quickly promoted to supervisor after 4 months of being there, Ive had so much help from the recruiting team since ive started, all the higher up management have been so friendly unlike some companys that dont really talk that much to there operatives.

Every company has ups and downs but being at mitie ive really enjoyed myself, i work with some real good people that make the day a enjoyable one and a fun one.
Pros
Good people, company vehicle
20 January 2017

It sounds like you have had a positive experience and your hard work has been recognised. Congratulations on your quick promotion.

Great Place to Work
grounds maintenance (Current Employee) –  Basingstoke30 October 2015
Mitie is a friendly company to work for.
I am always encouraged to achieve my best
Supported by my colleagues.
Good working hours
Flexibility
Pros
Friendly, Supportive
grounds maintenance (Former Employee) –  Bristol30 October 2015
I liked working for Mitie Landscapes as a Grounds maintenance operative, I had to leave due to moving to a different town or I would have stayed working there. I would want try to work for them again if a job comes up in the town i moved to.

I liked my manager and he always looked after the guys, the pay was not bad you can earn more money gritting in winter. The hours are good to.
Not a great place to work
Operative (Current Employee) –  JLL LONDON14 October 2015
i feel since i started at mitie it was a good place to work until the management started slacking.. they don't keep to there word always fill you with promises but never see them some of the management are rude and some are nice in general i wouldn't work there even if it was a last resort
Pros
company van
Cons
to many to mention
Not a great place to work
Operative (Former Employee) –  Buckinghamshire/Hertfordshire21 July 2015
Very bad communication between management and workers, waited weeks for equipment - gloves tools ect. Bad practice regarding holiday entitlement. Worked 9 months and lost 5 days holiday due to not being informed at the time I was about to lose them. Extremely unprofessional company!
Pros
Cons
Many
A large company where what you achieve as an individual is not always recognised
Grounds Maintenance Operative (Former Employee) –  London, ENG12 October 2014
A typical day working for mitie was to, first ensure that you had the tools and equipment in order to perform the set tasks, ensuring that timely visits were made to clients. This process teaches you to be responsible for your round and good interaction with clients was essential.

It was difficult to maintain a continuous working relationship with management as you only ever saw them when administration was required or phone contact was made for instruction or information purposes.

As the job required you to be solo and accountable for your round, you only ever saw co-workers when a large maintenance job required all hands participation. But as a team, it was good to work with others.

the hardest part of the job was when you did not have the right equipment for certain jobs and was sometimes forced to improvise.

the most enjoyable part of the job was the physical nature of the work and the clients and managers appreciation when a task was performed well.
Pros
Being able to prioritise your own work
Cons
Being pulled off of your normal jobs at assist other co-workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mitie Landscapes. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9