Midland Heart Employee Reviews

customer services officer
Customer Services Officer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham Bath Row28 September 2017
The best job I've had started in February excellent managers excellent staff I can't fault this company at all they value and recognise hard workers!!
Pros
Long lunches, career progression, excellent management
Cons
Non
Great for new oportunities
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cosley20 July 2017
Great ideal place to start once again friendly staff great qork ethnic, really enjoyed working here. Learn new skills everyday and dealing with different situations.
Good
BI Consultant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands20 June 2017
It was good work environment. Very friendly environment and work culture. i enjoyed my tenure over there. defiantly recommend. I was allowed to work 11-7.
what a shambles
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham12 June 2017
overall this is a good company but it is obviously run to make money. the care staff are good at what they do and very friendly but office staff make the job very stressful. high staff turnover and stress breaks puts the pressure on the workers. I was working part time on a eight week rota that saw me doing 4days on and 4 days off but a lot of the time you were called in for training. one week of the rota I was on for 7days in a row. although you were payed for attending training the process for claiming it was so complicated as well as booking holidays most of us just didn't bother as their was no one to ask. I'm broke but so glad to be out of there.
Pros
training
Cons
shifts that can be done in 2 days streched to 4
rewarding
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands20 April 2017
I enjoyed my role, very rewarding and challenging.
I managed support workers to support adults with learning disabilities to live in there own tenancies.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
Top heavy. Don't care for staff
Manager (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire12 April 2017
Not a place you want to work now. Used to be a great place but has got worse over the last 5 years. Staff aren't important, it's who you know and it's all about the top tier.
The company doesn't care about staff working environment. Small office space, small desks.
Expected to work beyond hours at head office.
Lovely Residents
Care Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Dudley, West Midlands7 April 2017
Very beautiful building with beautiful and caring residents. I loved every minute working alongside wonderful staff and making a difference. I would recommend staying and working there
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Management are very poor.
Night Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands31 March 2017
I have work for 2 large company before midland heart(MH) and those two job where a lot more demanding but they were more of a friendly environment and well manage.
MH have a privilege culture for certain group of race where they only put white ethnics in mainly in management roles and mainly black ethnics in crop roles such as night shifts and hostel support worker so less time for these ethics to spend with families, more stress and low pay.
The other issues MH dont listen to their staff issues.
Due to the fact managers were gifted the position Based on preference you will experience alot of stress not by the duties but by the managers.
Speaking & working with alot of black & asain ethnics one of the main concerns are discrimination and lock of opportunities to be promote.
Cons
long shifts hours
Well managed and profitable
Support Worker/Key Worker (Former Employee) –  Birmingham30 March 2017
A well managed organisation with an almost absolute monopoly for Birmingham City Council contracts in Supporting People. The job demanded high quality reporting as can be expected with Midland Heart's standards in order to maintain good relationships with the Council. Not a great paymaster though, always hovers just a little bit above NMW.
Challenging but enjoyable
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands24 January 2017
A typical day would be working with to two individuals with autism, providing support in all aspects of their day to day living.
Personal care
Meal preparation
Household management tasks
Accessing the community/social activities
Administering medication
Attending medical appointments
The most difficult part of my role initially was acquiring the skills and confidence to support the customers at the scheme when their behaviour became challenging. However acquiring the skills has been a very rewarding experience, working within a supportive team, both colleagues and management
Pros
Good colleagues
Cons
Staff shortages
Good shift patterns
Support worker (Current Employee) –  Leominster North30 December 2016
Flexible working request was granted when returning back to work after maternity leave. My shifts worked well around childcare and my managers were understanding of this.
Fast pace growing organisation
Strategic PMO Consultant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham15 September 2016
Lots of exciting projects
dynamic teams
currently going through a business shift to help streamline and enforce their core values.
good place to work
Asset Management Administrator (Current Employee) –  Birmingham City Centre1 September 2016
Good place to work and the hours are great also it is decent pay. I'd recommend this company to anyone.

There are some good benefits and possible career progression.
Management could be better
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Birmingham21 August 2016
My review is that management could be better and it would be a good company to work for. With all work place there are good days and bad. Over all there are some good worker that work for midland heart. Sine working for midland I have lean a lot and at time enjoy my job as a team leader.
Boring, Lone Work & Bad Management
Domestic Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton8 July 2016
Boring work as it was working alone. Managers were stuck up and did not want to know who was only if they had a petty complaint.
No benefits and salary was to a minimum; not good for the work that needed to be done.
Only good thing about the job was speaking to the residents when they came out of their flats.

If you like working alone then work here. If you don't then just find another job.
Pros
Cons
boring, lone work and management
it was a great and fun experience
Innovation and Research Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Birmingham City Centre28 June 2016
I think Midland Heart was a great place to work. It tough me a lot about Equality and Diversity which is very important. All staff seemed to get along really well and they were always organizing fun things to do that I could get involved with. Over all id say it is a great company with great people.
Pros
getting involved with fun things
Cons
the salary wasn't great
excellent place to work
Housing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent27 June 2016
No two days were ever the same. It was always busy and varied role. I had a good work relationship with my manager and all other work colleagues.I was always learning something new and the ways of working were always changing. The most enjoyable part of the job was providing a good customer service to the customers and seeing their faces. I really enjoyed working there it is a shame that the ways of working had to change and the local office had to close.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
closing the local office
A very worth while job with great customers
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Northampton10 June 2016
A typical day at work would be key working customers, either in their own homes or taking them out, attending various appointments with doctors, benefit agencies etc. Completing customers Support Plans, Daily notes and Risk Assessments on the PC using Oska.
I have learned that there are many different issues surrounding mental health, every customer had there own unique problems so this was a learning curve for me. There were only two members of staff working between 9am - 5pm Mon-Fri, myself and the manager. The most difficult part of the job was not getting the customers what they were entitled to, ie: the new PIP forms are not aimed at those with mental health problems so many were refused and appeals had to be sent in which was frustrating for the customers.
I enjoy meeting many different characters on a daily basis, making their lives that much more bearable by problem solving, attending weekly depot injections with those who cannot go on their own, meeting and getting to know other mental health workers and psychiatrists, I learned a lot from others.
Pros
completed many training courses
Believing in empowerment for both staff and cusotmers
Support worker /Housing officer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham6 April 2016
My work day is never the same. I find pleasure in the day to day challenges that I face.
The management at Midland Heart are passionate about progression. I know that I can further my career with the full backing and blessing of my team leader.
I work as part of a rotating team who care about one another's well being.
The part of my job that is most rewarding is seeing a customer overcome obstacles and getting a positive outcome. This may be supporting them to sign for their first set of keys after securing a tenancy, applying and receiving a travel document or passport or reuniting them with friends or family through mediation.
Pros
Free parking, on site bakery.
Cons
Rota change. Consistent lates.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Stafford, ENG22 January 2016
Great company to work for with fair benefits. Good management team who have time to spend with the work force. No negatives that I can think of.
Pros
Good management
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Midland Heart. Our community is ready to answer.

Midland Heart Reviews by Location