Middlesbrough Council Employee Reviews

professional
Assisstant (Current Employee) –  assisstant21 July 2017
would stay but there is not enough hours available for me to continue within this job, if more hours were available i would have stayed but due to financial reasons i have to look for another job
Pros
always learning
Cons
not enough hours
it is really good
Business Administrator (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire25 May 2017
very good, I learn how to deal with customers. the management is good. workplace culture is lacking. hardest part of the job is the cash and enjoyable is when you make someone happy
Fun easy
Dog Warden (Former Employee) –  Warden, UK19 April 2017
Easy work, and good pay. £20 for a few hours and free sweets and chocolate.
sometimes off putting when in quite a rough area and some people can be intimidating.
Productive work place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough14 March 2017
Very good friendly atmosphere, I have learned alot since working here

All the staff are lovely and like to give a helping hand and make you feel welcome.
Fun workplace
Business Administration Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire8 March 2017
A typical work day at Middlesbrough council can be easy on some days and hard some days. When it's hard you just have to stay focused and get on with your work otherwise you will be over loaded with work.
Pros
Flexiable
council
Horticulturist (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire6 March 2017
I was an apprentice and doing a lot of work on low money also the people that were higher and a lot older didn't really know there jobs well enough I should of got given full time job after apprentice but never mind.
Pros
good work hours
Cons
pay
management need to give their heads a shake
area care operative (Former Employee) –  middlesbrough5 January 2017
Job is easy. Good bunch of lads to work with. But the management haven't got a clue. If they just left the lads alone everything would run smoothly. I did learn a lot from the old timers there. They've all retired now though.
Pros
easy
Cons
management
Productive and capable team
Area care operative (Current Employee) –  Middlesbrough23 November 2016
A typical day at work might involve a multitude of duties depending on the day in question. My team and I are based in a cemetery and perform tasks ranging from driving ride on mowers, removing graffiti, minor tree and shrub maintenance to assisting burials and digging graves. The hardest part of the job is trying to remain inconspicuous in a busy cemetery and schedule the jobs to create the minimum of ado.
Pros
Good workmates, varied day to day schedule
Cons
An hours travel each way
fun work place
driver (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough18 November 2016
I enjoyed working for mbc shame it came to a end I learned a lot whilst I was there the workers were all brilliant the managers were sometimes ok .. the hardest job was gritting roads in the winter very very cold in the middle of the morning very challenging but rewarding too
fun and experiencing
Ice Cream Vendor (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough4 October 2016
Employment History
General Store in Ethiopia
Job Title  Retail Assistant2010-2011
Worked as Retail Assistant in a local shop
Served and advised customers
Handled payments
Assisted customers to find the goods they wanted
Advised on stock amounts
Provided information on products and prices
Stacked shelves and displayed goods in an attractive way
Promoted special offers
Took delivery of goods
Handled complaints or passed them on to the manager
Pros
you have to pay less
Good job
Poll Clerk – European Referendum (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough11 July 2016
I worked during the EU Referendum and it is a really interesting job, I am from France and Ive seen what British people thought about the EU and why.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
good
Lifeguard Apprenticeship (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough6 July 2016
it was good fun working there and the staf were all friendly and polite.management was good and run the centre very well. it was an really good job and really liked working in the sports section.
Due to austerity measures,and government cuts i volunteered for redundancy
Senior Pracrtitioner in Community safety (Former Employee) –  Town centre base to cover whole of Middlesbrough2 May 2016
The local authority was an excellent employer until the recession and austerity measures imposed on the council made it very difficult to deliver the standard of service that the people of Middlesbrough deserved. I had the opportunity to take early retirement with a decent redundancy package so i took the offer.
Pros
Looked after staff
fun work place
Area Care Operative (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough26 March 2016
everyone gets on great, alot of holidays the worst parrt of the job was the long hours but you meet some great friends but only a seasonal contracts
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
Good
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough, ENG6 January 2016
I thought Middlesbrough Council were good to work for, I enjoyed my time with them, the people I worked with were good. I worked with them for 2 years.
supportive
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Middlesbrough, ENG4 December 2015
started work after school closed cleaned toilets emptied bins hoovered and mopped classrooms,learned all cleaning aspects from the floor to general high areas where reachable, my co workers are a great team pulling together if someone is absent, its rewarding at the end of your day to get praise from teaching staff and to see the school cleaned to the best of your ability
gym instructor (Current Employee) –  Middlesbrough24 November 2015
I got taken on as a gym instructor but i got to learn alot about the leisure industry through this job working also as a receptionist, a recreation assistant and also as a lifeguard.
Enjoyable
Play Leader (Current Employee) –  Middlesbrough, ENG10 November 2015
I really enjoy working for Middlesbrough Council, it is a fun friendly environment.

On a typical day you turn up to work and have a group meeting where you delicate who's having what child and what support each person is going to need. Following that you plan out the days activities and book any activities that may need to be booked.

The management are very approachable and are always there to help and support you when support is needed. They also guide you very well.
street cleaner
Temporary Environmental Cleansing Operative (Former Employee) –  middlesbrough19 October 2015
going round with a gang of lads doing litter picking and fly tipping job sometimes we had to clean graffiti off walls and clean the streets off weeds and dog foul
Most enjoyable part
Client Support Officer (Current Employee) –  Social Care14 October 2015
Working with the individuals in Social care, makes the days worthwhile. All the clients make a day at work eventful as every day is different.