Michael Page Employee Reviews

Amazing
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 September 2017
Different from my other ones actually my favorite one as it was in the UK when i was studying and it was part of my college to go work with them as part of my project and it was the best one ever
Great team
Delegate Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London1 August 2017
I can't fault MPI they are a great bunch to work with, unfortunately due to personal circumstances i had to move away from central london and as such find a new recruiter.
OK Business
Manager (Current Employee) –  Holborn, Greater London12 December 2016
Business is good at developing younger staff, opportunities become limited after a few years.
Pay scale and bonus structures in some parts of the business no longer work
Rude Uneducated Personnel who are completely incompetent
a (Former Employee) –  a2 August 2016
Terrible staff employed across Accounting/Finance/Corporate Finance teams.

Most of their recruiters did not even go to a top 50 University let seem to have the audacity and market intuition to advise candidates who are clearly more educate then themselves on market affairs.
Cons
Poor staff
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Midlands15 July 2016
Hours are too long, too much pressure. Difficult to hit targets as other consultants in your sector are only interested in their own pipeline of work
Nil
Clerk of Works (Former Employee) –  London8 June 2016
When there was a vacancy for a Clerk of Works in my professioñ they were well versed in job spec.
If someone else got the post they always came back to you and told you. Very rare an agency will bother to come back to you
Great experience, fun and busy environment
Marketing - Team Secretary (Current Employee) –  Holborn3 May 2016
I currently look after the not for profit marketing teams that cover temporary and permanent positions.

As a team secretary, I am on hand for all sorts of administration and compliance needs that my teams require.
Pros
Insight into recruitment
Busy fun environment
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Leicester20 April 2016
As a recruitment consultant at Michael Page was involved in the the recruitment of newly qualified accountants with salaries in the range of 20,000-30000.

I learned a lot working from Michael Page in terms of dealing with senior execs in a blue chip environment.

The role was very enjoyable and management and staff were fantastic.
Excellent Company to work for
Team Secretary (Current Employee) –  Birmingham City Centre18 April 2016
Excellent company to work for.
Worked for the company for 9 years. good work life and social balance.
Nice people to work with.
Amazing offices
Pros
Excellent
Cons
Excellent
Great Place, Great People
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  London Heathrow Airport2 March 2016
I love working for MP in general all is well.
The hours are hard but the people make it easier.
The pressure is intense also.
Pros
Good Money, Great advancement.
Cons
Tough hours.
Very hard working firm
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Slough12 September 2015
A typical day at work is hard working with so much to pick up, probably found it challenging because my specialism is not Finance and Accounting. Yet I enjoyed the challenge and was willing to take in all the information and benefited so much.

Was under supervision at times and other times I was let by myself so they would test my ability to handle clients and data by myself, which was very exciting, and definitely developed my communication skills.
Productive and supportive
Team Secretary(E&M) (Former Employee) –  Weybridge, ENG3 June 2015
This role was like being with family, everybody looked after each other and the work ethos was fun but also serious. My manager was extremely supportive as were all of them. I have learned a great deal and was so sorry to leave, I made some good friends.
Fun, fast paced, challenging working environment
Senior Consultant - Temporary Contracts Division (Current Employee) –  Reading7 May 2015
Michael Page very much has a 'work hard, play hard' ethic which I found motivating and exciting. Teams work closely together offering support and encouragement which enables each individual to become the best they can be. Targets are set which are achievable but require hard work and efficiency. The office atmosphere is busy and dynamic where challenges are often set offering great incentives.
Proudcutive work place
McDonalds- Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Windsor2 March 2015
• Good customer service skills
• Handling high work load
• Attention to detail
• Adherence to health standards
• Knowledge of cooking and equipment
Ok overall
Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  London, ENG26 January 2015
I had just moved back from Spain and it was a good place to get started in London. It was a good environment but I only worked there for a short time.
Fun place to work. I have gained good experience
Credit Controller - UAE/Qatar (Current Employee) –  Slough19 December 2014
Local firm, fun place to work. I have gained knowledge of Credit Control in the Middle East.

Management are friendly.
Co-workers are friendly.

The hardest part of the job would be coping with the time difference between UAE Qatar and the UK. Also they work Sundays and have Friday Off
Pros
15 minute walk from home
Cons
Salary
Financially minded
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Holborn, London31 October 2014
Although i enjoyed the recruitment side of the role, working within the finance department did not suit me and i felt my talents and interpersonal and organisation skills could be used elsewhere.
Page Group Consultant
Consultant (Former Employee) –  London6 October 2014
I worked for this monstrosity of an organisation for twelve weeks and they were the worst of my working life. You are sat at a computer and told to read from a script with very little coaching or direction. I was told one thing by my direct manager and then another by his manager. I was pressured into making vast amounts of calls and then quizzed in front of the office about what I'd achieved, which due to the substandard training I received was nothing. The people were generally friendly although there is a massive bragging culture and everyone thinks their better than everyone else. I felt like burden a when I asked for help and was made to work from 8:00 until 18:30 even though my contract was 9:00 until 17:00. I work longer hours now but through choice and because I need to, not because corporate strategy forces me to. I had several sit downs with directors where I was made to feel like the most incompetent useless worker ever hired by the company and I felt like i was constructively forced out of the company.

The pay was good and the bonus scheme never pays out.

Those who recruitment comes naturally to will have a great career and make loads of money, but those who need a bit of time and investment to learn and develop will be dumped into unemployment by or before the 12 week probation is over.
Pros
Good basic salary
Cons
Little training, poor coaching and development, mixed messages from managers, 'one up manship' culture, dump employees who sturggle into the abyss
Productive, Achievement focused
Digital Specialist (Former Employee) –  Melbourne19 September 2014
I was employee number one of Michael Page Digital Melbourne and during my time there I was able to generate revenue, grow a team and was heavily involved in the business development. The role teaches you about extensive people management along with teaching you how to read a situation. The hardest part of the job was that there was no Michael Page Digital and we set up the division from a standstill.
Pros
Achievement focus
Cons
Poor systems, one size fits all model
Tbc
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bristol15 September 2014
Role involving sourcing finance and accounting professionals from newly qualified ACA/ACCA/ACMA through to Finance Director roles, mainly within banking and financial services.

• Handling candidate recruitment, account and client development and client relationship management.
• Responsible for growth of client base within financial services sector and significant increase in revenue from sector well above set targets, achieved through new business development. 20% above annual revenue target.
• Assisting in setting up new team to increase contract recruitment revenue.
• Advising line/hiring managers on potential recruitment strategies.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Michael Page. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval