Michael Kors Employee Reviews

Pleasurable place to work
Bicester Village - Stockroom Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Bicester7 September 2017
learnt alot about people skills, managing a team, working in stressed and fast paced conditions. A typical day would start with setting up the store, standards and making sure everyone is ready to go and pumped for the day ahead
Great!
Intern (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London10 August 2017
Varied. I did a number of jobs mainly consitstin gof research for new marketing opportunities in the format of events and influencers. I also did general admin. I also got the opportunity to help with an event.
Good Company.
Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  London25 July 2017
Great clothing allowance and fun company to work with. They do care about staff training and growth but the management changes constantly and it is difficult to get feedback through tot he higher ranking.
Pros
Clothing allowance
Cons
A lot of pressure, but good salary
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London24 July 2017
The workplace is fast paced and very demanding. Individual sales target raises competition among co-workers - as sales associates are paid commission on sales. The management puts the team under pressure to achieve goals. Overall, the company is very well organized and delivers excellent trainings. Unfortunately it requires sales team to wear high heels. The salary is very good.
Pros
Good training provided
Cons
High heels are compulsory
Boring and bad management
Retail distribution analyst (Current Employee) –  london12 July 2017
No direction.

Just a middle man that has no actual say in what happens.

Systems are outdated.

Office politics are not great.

turn rate is massive.
Official response from Michael Kors
28 July 2017

We genuinely appreciate the time you spent informing us about your experience with Michael Kors. We will review your feedback and make the appropriate changes.
- Michael Kors Human Resources

Mixed Experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  London7 July 2017
Mixed experience with different individuals. Lack of communication a factor. Many changes happening during my time which is of course expected but dealt with badly.
Pros
Product
Cons
Communication
Official response from Michael Kors
28 July 2017

- Michael Kors Human Resources

Good place to work at
Digital Marketing Executive (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London4 June 2017
Overall Michael Kors is a really nice place to work, good teams and good benefits.

The higher up you can get within the teams the better your job will be with the opportunity to travel with multiple projects.
Pros
Uniform
Cons
Global Brand, so sometimes limited access to big projects
Muy buena
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Londres24 May 2017
Muy buena empresa para trabajar. Grandes oportunidades de crecimiento.
Fun and competetive place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Leeds28 April 2017
Great place to work and in my experience, with lovely people. Opportunities to win competitions, especially around christmas time. Hardest part of the job is meeting sales targets on very quiet days.
Pros
Short shifts
Cons
Must wear heeled shoes at work
Productive and fun are very good words to described
Stock Controller (Current Employee) –  London19 April 2017
Is the best place that I being working has a very good ambience and my roll that is stock controller is lovely i really like to work for Michael Kors
Pros
50 % off in the products and nice uniforms
Cons
no many opportunities to grow up inside the company
Good company
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne4 April 2017
Not so sure that HR are very strong… considering we had a few happenings in store which should have been instant dismissals. THe company is great to work for with lots of benefits.
Pros
Often free lunches, good discount, free clothes etc
Cons
Hr, some management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Meadowhall, South Yorkshire14 March 2017
It was a very good atmosphere, very friendly meeting some lovely people while spending time with them working with there wants and neees. It was a good work experience to prepare me for you future work.
Fast paced, challenging environment
Visual Merchandiser & Senior Sales/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Manchester6 November 2016
Typical day at work includes going over Company Directives ensuring the store is to Company standards. Analysing reports to see profits and money map the store, train staff on new products etc.
Pros
Healthcare benefits
Cons
heavy work loads
Esperienza estera molto formante e luogo di lavoro piacevole
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  London14 October 2016
Nuova apertura dello store quindi elevate responsabilità , obiettivi elevati di vendita da raggiungere, sempre sotto pressione , grandi stimoli
Pros
percentuale sulle vendite
Career
Senior Stock Controller (Current Employee) –  London18 August 2016
Michael Kors creates a great environment to work in, rotates teams to get the best possible. When available; progression is normally dealt with internally, which is a huge bonus to employees.

I have learned my trade with MK and feel the training I have received was second to none.
Pros
Bonus Scheme
Sociable But Quiet
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes8 August 2016
A typical day at Michael Kors is different to any other retail enviroment I have known. Giving the best quality of customer service you can give to all of the public is very important. The hardest part about being in this job is the high sales targets on a quiet day...however this does not make the job any less fun. The best part of the job is the relationship building with customers and making sales that you will never forget.
Pros
Healthcare benefits
Cons
Retail Hours
fun workplace
Sales Assistant/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth20 May 2016
I have loved working for michael kors but I feel retail is not for me any longer, I was to challenge myself and begin a career which I can see myself doing for years to come.
Pros
good atmosphere
Cons
unsociable hours
Terrible - worst Job ever.
customer assistant (Former Employee) –  bicester village11 January 2016
On my first day I received absolutely zero training they expected you to jump on a till and know what you're doing, the people were clicky and made you feel isolated, management was so unprofessional all the time, underpay you, give you no training, lack care.
they didn't care about customer needs at all,
expected you to work over the 40 hour contract and NOT be paid for it or get the time back.
Its all about the image there, always expecting you to wear heels.
Worst bit about the job is they literally give you no training.
promise you that youll go to London to do training but you actually don't.
Pros
good pay
Cons
terrible hours
Senior Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Cheshire Oaks13 October 2015
On a typical day I :

- Help ensure targets are met
- Provide excellent customer serivce
- Process and complete postal orders
- Respond to complaints and queries in-store and telephone/email enquiries
- Identify and record sales targets
- Deal with cash descrepencies.

During my time working here I have learnt how to develop my skills not only with general customer service, but problem solving, decision making and many other skills required to work in a fast paced enviroment.
Challenging and motivating work place
Senior Sales Associate / Retail Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  London, ENG7 October 2015
Working in Michael Kors is a great opportunity as to the business sector and the mix of local English culture in London and the origin culture of the branb, which is American.

The staff culture and union is considered very important and the company provides a good training over the year, especially about product knowledge.
Pros
...
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Michael Kors. Our community is ready to answer.

Michael Kors Reviews by Location