Michael Kors Employee Reviews

Wonderful!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear5 February 2018
Absolute dream to work here. They really challenge what it is to be a designer brand, and treat everyone who walks in to the store with the utmost respect and friendliness.

You really must be confident in talking to anyone as the main part of the job is approaching all customers. If you are timid/ shy this really isn't the job for you. The managers were wonderful in helping all the new staff come out their shell and super friendly.

Duties include:
Personal customer service
Fitting room service
Getting things out the stockroom/ filling bags
Tills
adjusting watches
Recovery of the shop floor -although usually its tidy anyways

The hardest part of the Job was probably running around in platform heels all day, your feet will suffer.

In all honesty this is the best job I have ever had, I never wanted to leave at the end of my shift and I would always start early because I wanted to be out on the shop floor.
Pros
Commission on top of a good wage
Cons
Shoes d:
Very productive and luxurious environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shepherds Bush, Greater London18 January 2018
Working in Michale Kors, as a Christmas temp really helped me gain exellent communication skills, and it slo helped me develop better team working skills. It was my first job ever, and I must admmit when I left I felt a lot more mature and responsible, next thing I started doing was applying to other jobs, to gain different experiences.
Pros
Generous staff discount, and long lunches
Working for Michael Kors
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh15 January 2018
Michael Kors was a great place to work, they had loads of initiative schemes for staff and working for commission was always an excellent way to motivate yourself and surpass you sales targets. I learnt a lot about customer service, sales techniques, their business and values and much more. The management were great and very supportive. The hardest part of the job was staying motivated when the shop was very quiet. The most enjoyable part was helping customers find exactly what they were looking for.
Pros
Uniform and Comission scheme
Cons
uncomforatble shoes
Demanding but rewarding
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire10 January 2018
The job keeps you on your toes but as long as you're good with people, you won't have any problems. The job is pretty flexible in the sense that my managers allow me to balance my education and job by only making me work on days I'm available.
Demanding Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bluewater, Kent14 December 2017
The managers were very rude and swore frequently to employees and in front of customers. They made you do jobs that were not in your contract. The company required me to pay back my entire final pay cheque because I quit before finishing the month.
Pros
Commission
2 January 2018

We appreciate the time you took to complete this review. We are sorry to hear about your experience, as it does not align with our core values. We will review your feedback and make any appropriate changes. For more details about Michael Kors values and culture, please visit our Careers site www.michaelkors.com/careers.

The WORST place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire4 December 2017
Do not work for this company!!!!!!! Management really don’t care about you or your wellbeing all they care about is hitting targets. If you don’t have “the look” you get treated differently to everyone! Management need better training on how to deal with associates. You get little to no training and just get thrown in, and when u make mistakes you get looked at or spoken to as if you’re scum!!!! I’m highly disappointed with the management of such a “high class luxury brand”
Pros
Discount
Cons
Heels, Management, poor training
2 January 2018

Great Company
District Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  London11 November 2017
Great company to work for where hard work pays off, would recommend company to anyone. Great growth opportunities within operations in store and corporate.
Pleasurable place to work
Bicester Village - Stockroom Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Bicester7 September 2017
learnt alot about people skills, managing a team, working in stressed and fast paced conditions. A typical day would start with setting up the store, standards and making sure everyone is ready to go and pumped for the day ahead
Great!
Intern (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London10 August 2017
Varied. I did a number of jobs mainly consitstin gof research for new marketing opportunities in the format of events and influencers. I also did general admin. I also got the opportunity to help with an event.
Good Company.
Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  London25 July 2017
Great clothing allowance and fun company to work with. They do care about staff training and growth but the management changes constantly and it is difficult to get feedback through tot he higher ranking.
Pros
Clothing allowance
Cons
A lot of pressure, but good salary
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London24 July 2017
The workplace is fast paced and very demanding. Individual sales target raises competition among co-workers - as sales associates are paid commission on sales. The management puts the team under pressure to achieve goals. Overall, the company is very well organized and delivers excellent trainings. Unfortunately it requires sales team to wear high heels. The salary is very good.
Pros
Good training provided
Cons
High heels are compulsory
Boring and bad management
Retail distribution analyst (Current Employee) –  london12 July 2017
No direction.

Just a middle man that has no actual say in what happens.

Systems are outdated.

Office politics are not great.

turn rate is massive.
28 July 2017

We genuinely appreciate the time you spent informing us about your experience with Michael Kors. We will review your feedback and make the appropriate changes.

Mixed Experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  London7 July 2017
Mixed experience with different individuals. Lack of communication a factor. Many changes happening during my time which is of course expected but dealt with badly.
Pros
Product
Cons
Communication
28 July 2017

Good place to work at
Digital Marketing Executive (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London4 June 2017
Overall Michael Kors is a really nice place to work, good teams and good benefits.

The higher up you can get within the teams the better your job will be with the opportunity to travel with multiple projects.
Pros
Uniform
Cons
Global Brand, so sometimes limited access to big projects
Muy buena
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Londres24 May 2017
Muy buena empresa para trabajar. Grandes oportunidades de crecimiento.
Fun and competetive place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Leeds28 April 2017
Great place to work and in my experience, with lovely people. Opportunities to win competitions, especially around christmas time. Hardest part of the job is meeting sales targets on very quiet days.
Pros
Short shifts
Cons
Must wear heeled shoes at work
Productive and fun are very good words to described
Stock Controller (Current Employee) –  London19 April 2017
Is the best place that I being working has a very good ambience and my roll that is stock controller is lovely i really like to work for Michael Kors
Pros
50 % off in the products and nice uniforms
Cons
no many opportunities to grow up inside the company
Good company
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne4 April 2017
Not so sure that HR are very strong… considering we had a few happenings in store which should have been instant dismissals. THe company is great to work for with lots of benefits.
Pros
Often free lunches, good discount, free clothes etc
Cons
Hr, some management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Meadowhall, South Yorkshire14 March 2017
It was a very good atmosphere, very friendly meeting some lovely people while spending time with them working with there wants and neees. It was a good work experience to prepare me for you future work.
Fast paced, challenging environment
Visual Merchandiser & Senior Sales/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Manchester6 November 2016
Typical day at work includes going over Company Directives ensuring the store is to Company standards. Analysing reports to see profits and money map the store, train staff on new products etc.
Pros
Healthcare benefits
Cons
heavy work loads

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Michael Kors. Our community is ready to answer.