MHA Employee Reviews

Awful place to work
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wath upon Dearne, South Yorkshire15 February 2018
It's a awful place to work due to staff are very rude and not polite what so ever. It's a place where you wouldn't feel welcome and working along side the people you wouldn't feel very comfortable to try you're best.
Pros
Patients are lovely and great salary
Cons
Awful staff
16 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. If you’d like to provide further details please email magda.bowskill@MHA.org.uk or call me on 07973 853163 for a confidential chat with our HR Team.

Dont do it!
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colne, Lancashire7 February 2018
Dont waist your time .. management are absolutely useless. Have favourites who they will back all the way over the good workers. Residents come second after fluffing cushions and making the corridors clean. Always short staffed but your not allowed to verbally say "short staffed" or your dragged into the office to get shouted at because working 2 people to 30 residents is acceptable!! No appreciation what so ever for care staff who work their hardest. Night shift is one senior who is expected to administers 81 residents medication within 2 hours (that's even if your handover runs past 8pm still only have untill 10!) So better get a move on ...!!! Or else say bye bye to your job. Would be a nice home if it wasn't for management
Pros
Cons
Management.
9 February 2018

We take your comments seriously and would like to gain a proper understanding of your experience. Please email magda.bowskill@MHA.org.uk or call 07973 853163 for a confidential chat with our HR Team.

Sad to leave but left with little choice
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  , Oxfordshire2 February 2018
When I started here it was wonderful. Not so much anymore. Bullying rife. Total lack of support from management at any level. All benefits cut. It’s all about appearances and not a thought about person centred care. Constantly short staffed but as long as the foyer is tidy then it’s ok. Lack of care staff, lack of domestics. Care staff being put to work in kitchens after giving personal care. Shambles from sun up to sun down
Pros
Cons
Short staff, Poor
9 February 2018

Dont do it!
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frodsham, Cheshire30 January 2018
Worst home I've ever worked in,and I've worked it alot over the years being as agency....its ran by agency often working together with little or no clue about the residents...it's an ok hourly rate but paid 11 hrs at night not 12....your over worked, often left...and lots of responsibility...really not worth the headache.!
Pros
Ok hourly rate
Cons
Too many to list...
2 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. If you’d like to provide further details please email magda.bowskill@MHA.org.uk or call 07973 853163 for a confidential chat with our HR Team.

Previous experience of extremely bad management
Domestic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blackpool, Lancashire27 January 2018
The manager who did not want anyone with a learning disability working for them. I feel so let down by the company mha itself. I was sacked in 2014.
Pros
Cons
Management poor
2 February 2018

We’re sorry to hear that your past experience at work did not reflect MHA’s Values. We’d like to talk to you more about this, please email magda.bowskill@MHA.org.uk or call 07973 853163 for a confidential chat with our HR Team.

Treatment to staff is disgusting
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Queenswood nottingham26 January 2018
Was put through a investigation with no support from the manager and was still waiting for the outcome 14 weeks after the day it started, staff sick in gangs and not telling truth awful place to work . Put me through depression and panic attacks . This is being a senior managements are no help and talk to you like dirt. Values non for staff . Never work again . Then I was of sick due to then causing the issue and was sent lettet about my Bradford factor which caused more stress.
2 February 2018

We’re sorry to hear that your recent experience at work has not reflected MHA’s Values. We’d like to talk to you more about this, please email magda.bowskill@MHA.org.uk or call 07973 853163 for a confidential chat with our HR Team.

Awful management and no one knows what they're doing
Care Worker/Support Worker (Former Employee) –  North West25 January 2018
Constant criticism off management who talks to you like dirt and doesn't give you any support, staff feel annoyed by this so don't go to the manager with problems.
Everyone who is management or senior team member of the company is stuck up and don't care about the care staff, even though they are the ones who do all the work, only to be brought down by comments from them.
The senior team leader is rude and makes you feel rubbish.
Worst job I've ever had and has put me off working in care in the future.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Everything else
2 February 2018

We’re sorry to hear that your recent experience at work has not reflected MHA’s Values. We’d like to talk to you more about this, please email magda.bowskill@mha.org.uk or call 07973 853163 for a confidential chat with our HR Team.

this place is one big family
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester30 December 2017
beautiful people to work with, beautiful place to work.

feels more like a hotel than a care home pay rates are really good.. just a all round lovely place
2 February 2018

Thanks for sharing such a positive example of how MHA is living its Values.

Management are a joke
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ripley, Derbyshire21 December 2017
I wouldn’t work here again, the care staff and the other on the floor staff are great but there is a lack of happiness due to being treated like something on the bottom of your shoe, being lied to and being understaffed all the time, no nurses, unable to give the care the carers want to give and no place to work up to in ur skills, pay is good but not worth the rubbish you get.
Pros
Good cares and rate of pay
2 February 2018

We take your comments seriously and would like to gain a proper understanding of your experience. Please email magda.bowskill@mha.org.uk or call 07973 853163 for a confidential chat with our HR Team.

Still not started
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frodsham, Cheshire9 December 2017
Offered a day shift position with this home at the start of October. Still haven't started work. First of all the didn't seem to know what to do regarding CRB checks and asked for info from me piecemeal. They have received all references and ID info. I have called the home everyday for the last month and no one speaks to me. In that time I have done my own CRB check on myself and all clear so can't see what the issue is. Absolutely disgraceful way to treat someone, rather work at McDonald's. Why offer someone a job and then ignore them? Although looking at some of the other reviews on here I am not suprised I am having issues.
2 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. If you’d like to provide further details please email magda.bowskill@mha.org.uk or call 07973 853163 for a confidential chat with our HR Team.

Terrible place to work
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Derby4 December 2017
This is a charity who claim they live and work by their company values. This could not be further from the truth. The senior management are outdated in their views and not willing to move into the 21st century, particularly in the care directorate. There is a blame culture across the business and the way I have seen some people treated at Head Office could easily end this company up in court. Avoid this place.

Home from Home
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Blackpool, Lancashire9 November 2017
Pennystone is a great place to work with lots of support and care. All the staff get on great and work well as a team. I wouldnt want to work anywhere else.
Pros
wages, benifits, well run home, happy environment
2 February 2018

Thanks for the feedback. This is a great example of how our colleagues live MHA’s Values and deliver our Mission to improve the quality of life for older people, inspired by Christian concern.

Never again
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blackpool, Lancashire30 October 2017
Management not interested in staff problems, constant pressure to pick up shifts, only bothered about look of the home not about residents. Constantly understaffed and undervalued. Would NOT recommend this working environment.
Pros
Cons
Undervalued, Management need to work with staff not against.
22 November 2017

We’d like to talk to you more about this, please email claire.harrison@mha.org.uk or call 01332 331 871 for a confidential chat with our HR Team.

Great place to work, colleagues are really welcoming and friendly.
Central Services (Current Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire25 October 2017
Worked for MHA for 8 months now and would recommend. Like any other organisation there are things that could be improved but without question the interests of older people and staff are at the heart of everything they do.
Pros
Team
2 February 2018

Thanks for sharing such a positive example of how colleagues are living MHA’s Values.

People focussed
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire18 October 2017
Good team and very ethical company. Love working here and looking for new opportunity for all the right reasons including personal development.
Excellent training and personal development available.

awful
Night Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blackpool, Lancashire18 October 2017
shifts always short. management not happy if you did not pick up shifts. most of staff a good bunch who are very over worked. not enough praise for a job well done. would not recommend this company to anyone
Pros
Cons
always under satffed
22 November 2017

We take your comments seriously and would like to gain a proper understanding of your experience. Please email me on claire.harrison@mha.org.uk or call 01332 221 871 for a confidential chat with our HR Team.

Management requires a clean slate.
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Ripley, Derbyshire9 October 2017
I can't speak any higher of the staff at this particular home, everyone is ever so welcoming and you can always have a good laugh.

However, management (and this goes for all departments, care, domestic, kitchen) have absolutely no idea how to do their jobs.

They're unable to get their own tasks completed, leading to Head Office having to crack down on them, however they still find the time to pick fault with every other staff members work. At the end of the day, the staff members are the ones who get the job done, with a smile on their face.

We've had several staff members leave over the past few years, a substantial amount this year alone due to how management treat staff members. It's insulting to think they expect us to happily be treated like dirt.
Pros
Hourly Rate is decent, but not worth it.
22 November 2017

We’re sorry to hear that your recent experience at work has not reflected MHA’s Values. We’d like to talk to you more about this, please email claire.harrison or call 01332 221 871 for a confidential chat with our HR Team.

Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hunslet4 October 2017
I have been a care support worker for a few years, I really enjoy going to work every day is different in a good way.
I work with a great set of people and we all pull together to make each day special for those we look after.
Pros
Team work

Thank you for your message. We really appreciate your feedback.

Would recommend working in retirement living services
Manager (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire4 October 2017
Worked for mha over many years in different posts & schemes. Most staff are there because they care & want to deliver a good service.
I have to say since working in housing with care I have seen really good practice & a lot respect shown to residents. Would recommend any one who wants to give quality care to work in the yorkshire area.

Good company
Activities Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  St Leonards-on-Sea, East Sussex1 October 2017
Work as activity coordintor for two years.
Good place to work management listen & will guide you through any concerns.
Very good training opportunities.

Nin for profit so money goes to residents & staff pay.
Pros
Pay. Mangament non profit.
Cons
Goverment not paying enoygh into sicial care. More carers needed.