MARS Employee Reviews

Unit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire31 July 2017
The company has a great system and puts great emphasise on training and growth. I work with animal nutrition and with animal feed on the cat units. Looking after the animals is a key part of my role.
Mars pats itself on the back
Unit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waltham11 May 2017
I worked here for 5 years, senior management and lower bands are great and tend to work very hard. Middle management seem to have fallen into roles by default because of time spent at the company, and often have zero people skills. Bonuses are great on paper, but managers can invent their own incentive targets which can often be ridiculous or counterproductive. Great team in general, as usual a few bad eggs spoiled the omelette for me.
Pros
Good teams on the lower and upper levels
Cons
Poor middle management (surprise!)
Poor work/home life balance
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  King's Lynn, Norfolk28 January 2017
Shifts are very demanding with each day being a different shift time ie; 8hr day followed by 12hr day, 8hr mid-shift, 12hr night finishing on a 8hr night followed by 3 days off where the 1st day is a write off as you finish at 7am and you're so tired you can't function!! You hardly see your family because of the shift times and you end up not having a social life!
Pros
Good pay......due to shifts!
Cons
Never see your family due to shifts!
Excellent Employer
Management Team Administrator (Current Employee) –  Slough18 January 2017
I have only been at Mars for a short time on a temporary basis, but found it to be a refreshing change to previous corporate companies. You are not micro managed, but so long as you get the job done you are left to do your job.
Everyone is very welcoming and friendly and will always speak to you, even in just passing. The atmosphere is very light and friendly.

The hardest part was probably getting access to all the systems. That took almost 2 weeks to get completed.
I cannot fault anything here, and would love to stay if it weren't for the pay.
Pros
Culture, really nice
Cons
Chocolate coming every day......
Interactive and Ingenious Workplace
Area Keader (Current Employee) –  Birstall Batley26 September 2016
Great Place To Work where encouragement is a key factor to help each and everyone achieve, develop and add value to themselves and the business. Leading in the Pet Care and Treats industry we pride ourselves in making it a better world for pets.
Pros
5 shifts on and 5 shifts off
Fast Paced Environment,
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Slough Trading Estate15 July 2016
Work experience gave me a broad understanding of the working world. The titanic amount of jobs that are out in the job market gave me an insight into things i wouldn't imagine were available.
What i Learnt..
Ability to work in randomised team to my fullest potential.
Giving passion and understanding to other members of my team
taking on the role as team leader and being able to distribute tasks effectively.
Pros
Amazing Staff.
Cons
Wish the work experience placement was longer.
.............................
Vending machine assembler (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke30 March 2016
I planned my day, I trained people , repaired the problems , help people at work, cover people,
I have been checked and tested parts
good job
Territory Executive/Auditor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham10 December 2015
....
enjoyed this role whilst i was on the contact
fairly flexible
would work for the employer imn the future

a fun job where you can manage your own time and be your own boss, had to work to deadlines however i alwsy reached my targets
Pros
work alone
Cons
long days
Good working environment
Industrial worker (Current Employee) –  Slough3 November 2015
The most enjoyable aspect to the job is learning new things ,
achieving schedule for the day.
Good work environment ,flexible hours suits well around the family.
relaxed but extremely slow moving.
Territory Development Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ENG1 September 2015
Very relaxed culture with great freedom and autonomy. Open and easy to approach mid-senior management. not always forward thinking and sometimes too held back by the culture.
Cons
Slow rate of movement, too consumed in achieving and maintaing the orginal culture. Very limited career progression.
Terrible company to work for
Shopper insight (Former Employee) –  Nationwide4 July 2015
I had high hopes when I started Mars. Work, life balance, development structure, family orientation- a great place to work!
During my time, 7 out of 15 people in my department left. They paid for the sales/ category/ insight/ marketing department to visit an elaborate event in hope of retaining staff throughout! ( they lost around 38 people in 6 months) I consecutively worked every evening and every weekend and the management were entirely unhinged. Even the ombudsman visited after I left. An hilarious place to work
Pros
Great for the cv
Cons
You won't have a life
Very Good Place to Work At
anonumous (Current Employee) –  Middle East28 June 2015
Very Good Place to Work At , but sometimes persons spoil everything
a multinational company , but it's being managed in Middle East in an improper way
Best secret place to work
Operations Director (Former Employee) –  London, ENG15 May 2015
You work with incredibly talented people, world wide brands, in a top FMCG company.
Mars is focused on driving performance through people, and develop its people through engaging challenges.
Travelling
Tactical Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  North West Area14 February 2015
Booking appointments on line. Arranging travel arrangments in different areas. Going into large stores to make sure all products are displayed with correct point of sale tickets and also checking stock availability. You always learn something new in this type of job meeting different people who have different requirements. I liase with store management and supervisors and co-ordinate with them.
The hardest part of the job is trying to get hold of management in the stores. I enjoy seeing the final products fully merchandised so as the stores and the companies who employ me can make the profits they require.
Pros
Work in your own time scale
Cons
Not always able to fulfil job if managers have not been contacted by the company I work for.
Organized work environment that can use more employee interaction.
Staff Management (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ENG27 November 2014
What I learned while working at Mars is that keeping employee motivation is very important, especially during 12 hour shifts. A typical day consisted of meeting up as a group and going to an assigned station where you work at one place for the entire day. There was little contact with management during the job which made it difficult at the beginning while learning how to complete the job properly. The washrooms and change rooms were very nice and kept clean and the lunch room was very nice.
Pros
Long lunch breaks
Cons
slow job rotations or sometimes none
decent place to work
Factory Operator (Former Employee) –  King's Lynn, ENG17 October 2014
one of the best factories in kings lynn to work in , nice money and plenty of nice people
Productive workplace
Domiciliary care worker (Current Employee) –  Market Harborough13 April 2014
productive workplace
fun and friendly
good management
good working hours
No balance in your life
production operator (Former Employee) –  birstal17 January 2014
I was working for Mars pet care quite long. They do twelve our 7/7 shift for five day including three long nights and u have to follow shift pattern. Once u finished five shift u get five day off. This shift pattern kill u.ur family feel sorry to see u in morning after ur last night shift. U look miserably tired and even cant sleep in bed. We get five day off but u can't do anything in that days rather than get more sleep and thats nt fair with ur partner and kids.Management are ok if u have relatives working in there u will get higher chances to get permanent position when there were other hard worker who cant get permanent position. People looks tired all the time and all they want to go home and sleep. All my partner wanted to leave this place for her and kid shake it ws dangerously efecting on our married life and if you family oriented person then this place is not for you trust me.
Pros
breaks
Cons
long ours nights
good place to work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  slough16 September 2013
Twelve hour shifts and standing next to a machine for the whole night was a typical day or evening at work. I learned how to operate a crimping machine. Management were nice but as it was shift they tended to just keep themselves to themselves and not interact with staff. Everyone at work was friendly. Learning to fix the crimp machine was quite difficult at first but other than that everything was easy and enjoyable.
Pros
free lunches
did like it alot
Cinema Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Finchley, ENG29 August 2013
would go back to work but was looking for same hours all week as this was a call and go job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MARS. Our community is ready to answer.