Marriott Vacations Worldwide Employee Reviews

its an OK place to work
Heathrow - Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Heathrow, Greater London8 November 2017
the kitchens are large and there is plenty of room to work with, however not all staff are friendly (including management) which can make it an uneasy place to work. hours are flexible and you must be able to work any days of the week with any shift time.
Friendly and Helpful
Casual Housekeeping Associate (Current Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear20 October 2017
During my time here I have obtained key housekeeping skills, such as preparing rooms and professionally cleaning rooms for hotel guests. The staff are friendly and are always willing to help which takes a lot of pressure off during the training period. This job is very physically taxing which I still currently struggle with. I also find it very difficult to manage my time in order to complete each room in the allotted time.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not enough hours
productive and fun workplace
Temporary Contract (Former Employee) –  Durham, Durham19 October 2017
had a fun few weeks working at the Marriott in Durham. I learned how to prepare fruit and veg for the days ahead of being there and the hardest part of the job was cutting the fruit
Pros
free lunches
great company
F&B / Conference & Banqueting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chepstow18 October 2017
Our founders, J.W. and Alice Marriott started with a small idea, a root beer stand. From there, it grew into a small hotel business, and then another, bigger one. Together they created something that changed their future – and maybe yours. A great career has always been a great adventure. Now it’s your turn.
Awful
Waitress/Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Manchester18 October 2017
I was hired for temporary work under the illusion I would be working as bar staff in the hotel bar. When I arrived I was instructed to clear breakfast plates all morning. My only job was to constantly empty and clear tables and carry the dirty plates into the kitchen.
Pros
Cons
Misleading job description
Creche Area
Creche Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chepstow10 October 2017
I enjoyed working with children and intacting with the parents.
Time to amuse the the children but sometimes very quiet.
Nice to mind babies too.
This creche is now closed.................
Pros
Free use of leisure facitlies
Cons
very few hours offered
Positive Culture
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear8 October 2017
A company focused on development of talent. Current changes have seen multiple redundancies across all departments so not able to comment further on the current mindset of associates.
Results driven
Marriott operations (Current Employee) –  Manchester Airport, Greater Manchester7 October 2017
Great people who strive for good results and to improve the overall customer experience.
Every department works well with each other
Meeting different people on a daily basis is the best part about the job.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
low staff
different work culture
Sales Global Reservations Executive (Former Employee) –  London3 October 2017
Marriott has ,a professional approach with different background of people with goal to achieve,team spirit, professional approach , goals toacheive,working environment
Pros
discount on marriott stay
Cons
travelling
Busy and productive workplace
Bar Staff/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands27 September 2017
Whilst working at the Marriot Hotel I was exposed to a vast amount of opportunities flung my way, this includes dealing with theme week and taking management roll of the bar along with serving, preparing and most importantly enjoying meeting new faces.
Pros
Free lunch was provided for all staff.
Ambiente internacional
Recepcionista de Hotel (Former Employee) –  Glasgow24 September 2017
Buen entrenamiento que hace que el trabajo parezca sencillo
Pros
Flexibilidad horaria
Cons
turnos a veces no sociables
Good Place to work
F&B Shift leader (Former Employee) –  Slough, London20 September 2017
it is a good place to work, the management was great, and the team was very cooperative. There was huge diversity and i was leading a team with 10 different nationalities which was an amazing experience
Marriott Hotel
Waitress (Former Employee) –  leeds19 September 2017
I feel that this company where not able to tailor to an employees needs and where not very helpful when I became poorly.

The hours where reasonable and the clients where friendly
Fun
House keeper/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Pennsylvania15 September 2017
It is the good place to work with both people and the place. It was fun for me to learn all about room service, cleaning and laundry. I have also learned the hotel standard.
Busy but interesting place to work
Front of House Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bristol City Centre, Bristol14 September 2017
There aren't many typical days in Front Office, each day brings up new, challenging and interesting situations and relationships. Management are there to support you and create a culture that rewards hard work. For me the best part of the job is meeting new people and building relationships, it can be very rewarding.
I made 18 rooms per day of work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Cosham14 September 2017
A typical day of work:
8 hours of work, 18 room with two double bedrooms, bar, dusting, vacuum, stock rotation, Cleaning wash rooms, Waste disposal.

The most enjoyable part of the job: the coworkers
Pros
free launches
Cons
good managment
Fast paced interesting role
Sale Manager (Current Employee) –  London11 September 2017
A role that worked perfectly on paper but living too far away proved to be too challenging for me.
A reactive sales role with lots of training and support.
Zero respect to you if you work there
C&B Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire10 September 2017
Horrible supervisors with no respect to others, Avoid this company even if you can not find a job somewhere else they will make you feel meaningless, replaceable and will trample on your dignity.
Pros
food
Cons
You are being disrespected by your supervisor.
Good working experience
Internship (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow5 September 2017
I did my internship in Marriott Hotel Glasgow when I was studying. I spent most of the time interracting with the HR mangers and colleauges from other posts as I was conducting interviews. Everyone seemed to enjoy the family like environment and were preety much happy with their position and benefits!
The most enjoyable part of the job
Events Manager (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff29 August 2017
Meeting new people, both colleagues and customers make the Marriott a great place to work. There is plenty of benefits working for such a large company, such as discounted stays and the use of the leisure facilities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott Vacations Worldwide. Our community is ready to answer.