Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

team members
Front office/ concierge supervisor (Former Employee) –  London25 January 2018
if it wasn't for the team members at the hotel then i wouldn't of learned as much as id did under all types of pressures. On a day to day basis we will have all types of guest checking in from cabin crews to holiday makers so i would have to treat every guest the same but make it individual at the same time.
Pros
location
Cons
location
Great Chefs
Floor porter / Valet (Former Employee) –  Leicester Square25 January 2018
Very nice management and great colleagues. You have to work hard all the time and have a can do attitude otherwise its not for you. Have to know how to work independently and provide a 5* customer service. Also the chefs are Amazing.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
No career progress
Fun workplace, lovely and friendly staff.
Beauty Therapist (Current Employee) –  Worsley, Greater Manchester10 January 2018
I have loved working for Marriott but I have worked here for 10 years and I am still on minimum wage I have worked as hard as I possibly could everyone is lovely benefits are really good but I'm looking for more now.
Pros
Free lunch, free gym.
Cons
Minimum wage
Fantastic first office job
Senior Reservation sales agent (Former Employee) –  Knightsbridge, Greater London8 January 2018
This was a truly wonderful experience. I thoroughly enjoyed this job with all the travelling and customer service experience. Up to date this has been the best place i have worked at!
productive fu workplace
ROOM ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Heathrow4 December 2017
A typical day at work.Lerned lot of new things.Management was lovely.Workplace was nice.Hardest partb at work was long working hours.Enjoyable part of job was meet lot of new people.
Pros
Free lunch
Lovely place to work
Finance Director (Former Employee) –  Middlesex28 November 2017
A nice place to walk in to and do a day's job. Atmosphere inside the offices was always nice and friendly. Hard working team and encouraging manager.
Pros
Free dinner if you work late
Cons
sometimes long hours due to deadlines
not a nice place to work
Housekeeper/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Bexleyheath, Greater London14 November 2017
I was interviewed and heard back a couple of days later where I was asked to go in for a trial day, I went in for the whole day cleaning rooms and then never heard from them again, if they do this on a regular basis then they are getting free labour, so I think this is a very bad place to work or think you are going to be working so beware if you are asked to do a days trial, ask if you are going to be paid or if not be prepaired for dissapointment.
Pros
free meal
Cons
no intention to employ people as always advertising for staff
Mixed company
Waitress/Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 November 2017
Did an 8 week placement at the Marriott in Malaga, did a 10 hour shift and wasn't allowed a break or anything to drink is 30 degrees heat. Managers weren't very nice however this could be because I was on an internship.
very good place to learn new thinks and get right attitude
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  London25 October 2017
Day at work was as a first busy time but if stuff is well trained and people know what to do it is not so difficult to handle.

I've learned many important thinks about how to speak with customers and about attitude and behaving what belongs to hotel and hospitality industry.

On manager is depending lot of thinks one of them is how restaurant is running out, how manager organised stuff to each role. Success of restaurant is lot dependent about how is whole think organised.

Workplace culture was mostly nice and good.

Hardest part of the job was when we were really busy and we had just to run, run a lot to serve all customers.

Most enjoyable part of the job was feeling after a very busy day that we've done job successfully and customers were happy and wanted to come back.
Pros
Free lunches, stuff parties, showers
Cons
management didn't listen about problems we had, couldn't fix easy thinks as a old and broken uniform for more than half year, to increase the service they couldn't develop tools for us. disorganization
Friendly work place
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Piccadilly Circus Station20 October 2017
Fantastic place and people to work with. Really enjoyed working for this company. The best Human resources team. Great location and customers arent so bad
Great company
Health and Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh11 October 2017
Worked at the banks for some years and enjoyed taking on a new challenge.
Understanding and helpful with staff and good training. Pushed to train more with in the role
Pros
Money
Cons
Hours
Night Porter Role
Night Porter (Former Employee) –  Waltham Abbey, Essex4 October 2017
Not a bad job for a part time extra job, varied tasks, helping guests, check in/out, food & drinks preparation for room service and bar, some cleanings tasks, some admin work, general security and monitoring cctv etc

Possible advancement to night auditor or manager in longer term

Big company so has procedures and policies etc, better than a small company i find
Pros
free food, tips
Cons
physical work, unsocial hours
easy workplace with good flexibility
C&B Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chepstow25 September 2017
great flexibility due to zero hour contracts, easy work place as it was mostly young people around 17 years old, minimal authority on shift due to large amounts of staff, can be physically demanding needing to do room turn around and set up but doable with others help
Pros
zero hour contract
good work experience
Assistant pastry (Former Employee) –  london23 September 2017
they have good head chefs ad sous chefs who are willing to show you how everything is done even if you're new to place.
there is a good relationship between all department within the building.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
loved the staff, but the managers not very nice
House Keeping Office Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  bath road8 September 2017
My Role was an office co ordinator, looking after the maids rotas and holidays, Making sure the rooms were cleaned on a daily basis.
Doing the admin work aswell.
Busy, challenging and rewarding
Commodities Buyer (Former Employee) –  Heathrow, Greater London5 September 2017
A typical day would involve meetings and calls with internal (Chefs / F&B teams) and external stakeholders (suppliers, brand owners), conducting price reviews and supplier assessments in a relaxed and busy environment. Frequent travel to all UK sites and supplier visits and providing support to our sister hotels in other parts of Europe.
Pros
Free lunches, car parking, laundry
Cons
being acuired by Marriott!
Long hours and poor management
Food and Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire4 September 2017
I can't completely knock the time I had at the Marriott, some days were very eventful, in which I shared a lot of experiences and memories with various staff and customers, and in addition to this i gained a lot of useful skills that I would be inclined to use in any other work place.
Other than the positives I've mentioned, the Marriott came with a lot of cons; and I certainty wouldn't recommend anyone to work there.

Lists of cons include-
. Unsociable hours with no set time of when you're going to finish
. No incentive or rewards for the work you do
. Generally required to do a lot more things than what's in your job role description
. Very poor management and leadership
. Average pay with a low amount of tips

The Marriott has a lot of potential to appeal as a really pleasant work place, and I'm sure there's many Marriotts out there that excel well in treating their workers fairly, but the peterborough Marriott needs to alter a lot of rules and morals to make their workers feel happy.
Pros
Fun events, free food
Cons
Unsociable hours, poor management
Nice environment to gain experience
Conference and Events Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gosforth, Tyne and Wear25 August 2017
Good place to work for students during sixth form or uni, flexible working hours and a friendly environment. Pay is better than you would get at most places which is good.
Excellence
Concierge / Guest Chauffer Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carleton8 August 2017
This is the best school, company, and idea to look for.

It is truly a job for Ladies and Gentlemen who aspire to serve Ladies and Gentlemen on the most reliable way.

That is not a single guest in Ritz-Carlton who can claim not getting top service.

This is the future of Hospitality
Productive and good environment
Commis Chef (Current Employee) –  Bahrain5 August 2017
working in the hotel is a good privilege for people. Specially for me because this is my first time to experience working in a hotel. All associates gets the same amount of benefits such as, insurance, good accommodation, transportation, internet, cable connection, free use of facilities, gym etc.
Pros
free meal, free internet
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

56.9K