Marie Stopes International Employee Reviews

The IT Team here were Insidious
3rd line engineer (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol19 December 2017
Nasty Experience of being treated really badly by a manager who clearly had a very small d**** or something. Ian somebody. Nasty piece of work. They underpaid and also hated contractors clearly, never had such a bad experience in 20 years in the industry. Sharing is caring, be careful!
Pros
IT Environment
Cons
Nasty DBA Manager Called 'Ian'
High demanding company work wise
RGN (Current Employee) –  Birmingham18 June 2017
Good company to work for client focuses good salary identify patients needs and deliver at all times.very very demanding nurses do not stay long they leave due to pressure of work too much pressure and long travelling between clinics
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Travelling loads daily to other clinics
Pressurised but rewarding
Business Support Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Conway Mews21 July 2016
The organisation is committed to doing what they can to provide a service to clients wherever they may be and are focused on providing more across the country and overseas.
Produsctive and supportive workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  London25 January 2016
A very friendly work environment where all departments are supportive of each other.

Although this is a very busy office, there is always support and answers available. From Reception, to team coordinators to PA's.
Balanced personal and professional life.
MIS Information Analyst (Current Employee) –  London9 September 2015
I grew both personally and professionally at Marie Stopes.
It is one of the few organisations where an employee irrespective of designation is allowed to contribute equally in all the discussions.It is a fun place to work in and it has very supportive management.
Hardworking and good ethos
Data Migration Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, ENG30 July 2015
A good charity to work for as they are helping as well as educating people across the world. Provides a service that is needed for all sorts of reasons without passing judgement
Not what you expected.
Clinical Support (Current Employee) –  London, ENG27 July 2015
Staff and teams are fantastic and they make the job bearable on a day to day basis. Progression in the job is not possible unless your face fits or you are on the non clinical side.
Patients get personalised treatment and are often very happy with the service. Wo.
Pros
Staff and teams, and occasional free lunches.
Cons
No work life balance, staff retention is poor.
Payroll Officer (Current Employee) –  London8 February 2015
Good place to work and progress the career. Good balance of job work/life. Salary and benefits are fine. The four stars for job security, management three and job culture 3.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Adviser (Former Employee) –  Bristol, ENG26 February 2014
Kind staff, Flexable hours and good wage. Good place to work and gave me good experience
Marie Stopes believe in reproductive Choices...
Medical Counsellor (Former Employee) –  London, ENG3 August 2013
A typical day would be around 17 clients in 4/5 hours to be counselled and booked for TOP (termination of Pregnancy) operation or going through for operation same day surgery.

I learned not to judge people for the choices they make as you don't know their story. Be a listening ear and show compassion.

I was self-employed so I was not managed per se I had my remit and I carried it out to a high standard.

I got on very well with the doctors and receptionists that I worked with in the various clinics that I worked at.

I felt the hardest part was when a pregnancy is very much wanted but due to circumstances a termination is seen as the only real option to the client/clients.

Knowing I helped someone to resolve a difficult decision.
Pros
free pregnancy tests or termination, as you can imagine it wasn't a perk many of us took up.
Cons
I had to travel from site to site and also when operations don't go to plan.
Rewarding position.
Clinic co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Ealing9 May 2012
A typical days work included the following:
-Checking that all staff were present and accounted for at the begining of the day.
-Ensuring each client is seen within the strict time limits to help clinic reach targets.
-Manage staff and boost moral within the clinic.
Management supported me to reach my professional goals within the organisation and strived to make the work place a happy place to be.
The hardest part of working with Marie stopes was not working in an environment where effective communication was held in high regard. Helping woman make repoductive choices in family planning was by far the best part of each and every day.
Pros
lunch provided.
Cons
daily overtime.